What did u do when u met Mika?

mikaliciousyaz

That was the hardest thing when I won the Itunes thing ... cos' I had two tickets - so had too choose someone ... I chose Sosi ... she was coming up anyway on the offchance she could get a ticket ... and was gonna be my room-mate .... so was I actually ... had already booked a room before I'd even won the competition ... now that's dedication .... :lmfao: Or complete madness ... not sure which one still :wink2:

Yeah sure I guess it's not easy to choose =S I didn't have to cause I was the one chosen for the iTunes gig hehe. I dunno who I'd choose if I won the Milan golden ticket. Maybe my mum, but then, she's not a huge Mika fan... Dunno :aah:

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if you win, you could always pick Laurel or me to accompany you :biggrin2::naughty::roftl:

if I win this year, I have to take mum...I'm underage. :biggrin2: But I promise I will tell Mika that you were my number one supporters in the comp. :lol3::wink2::fangurl:

If I win something next year... I'll send you both on my behalf because I won't be able to go anywhere... (final high school year) :aah:

if I win this year, I have to take mum...I'm underage. :biggrin2: But I promise I will tell Mika that you were my number one supporters in the comp. :lol3::wink2::fangurl:

If I win something next year... I'll send you both on my behalf because I won't be able to go anywhere... (final high school year) :aah:

Mwa ha ha ha that's sweet :teehee:

Oh ... good luck for high school then ... :thumb_yello: No Mika gigs then next year at all ... god ... that would suck ... and that truly is an :aah: moment

Oh ... good luck for high school then ... :thumb_yello: No Mika gigs then next year at all ... god ... that would suck ... and that truly is an :aah: moment

yeah...that will suck. (I'm already getting used to them...3 more coming up this year. :das: ) but then again...I expect the next year to be free for him aswell...this one is clearly overcrowded with gigs...he REALLY needs a HUGE break.

Oh...I am coming in London for UNI...so...that will do for the gig-free year.

yeah...that will suck. (I'm already getting used to them...3 more coming up this year. :das: ) but then again...I expect the next year to be free for him aswell...this one is clearly overcrowded with gigs...he REALLY needs a HUGE break.

Oh...I am coming in London for UNI...so...that will do for the gig-free year.

He does ... it's weird ... but I never really noticed before I came here and was a member - just how hard they work musicians and artists in general ... it's only due to the calendar and knowing where he is at any given moment that you realise just how bloody crazy his schedule is ... I never really noticed it when I followed Blur or Franz - maybe cos' their fanbase isn't as dedicated as ours ... :wink2: I hope he's having some time off now ... he works far too hard :blink:

Haha yeah you told him that. I always remember after the gig, I came to you and Sara - in tears, of course :naughty: - and hugged you hahaha. It was so wonderful. I had prepared what I wanted to say before I met him haha. Roughly you know, I didn't prepare a whole speech ^^

I won't forget that in a rush, it was so incredibly cute when you met him, and just how happy and elated you were :wub2:. I was genuinely pleased for you;You're a very sweet girl and the whole thing felt really 'right'.

He does ... it's weird ... but I never really noticed before I came here and was a member - just how hard they work musicians and artists in general ... it's only due to the calendar and knowing where he is at any given moment that you realise just how bloody crazy his schedule is ... I never really noticed it when I followed Blur or Franz - maybe cos' their fanbase isn't as dedicated as ours ... :wink2: I hope he's having some time off now ... he works far too hard :blink:

I don't know how he manages it... it's crazy!!

I won't forget that in a rush, it was so incredibly cute when you met him, and just how happy and elated you were :wub2:. I was genuinely pleased for you;You're a very sweet girl and the whole thing felt really 'right'.

Ooooh :blush-anim-cl: Thanks Sara! :D And I'll never forget that it all happened thanks to YOU!! :wub2:

That's exactly what I wanted to say. You know I really appreciate how all of you guys got the guts to ask him for a hug/his or even a handshake. I will NEVER forget the very first time I met him (last year in Paris) I was very keen on seeing how does he look you in the eye, because I had heard lots of stories about that and when he did I had a bit of a shock (the shock I didn't experience this year... :naughty: ) because I saw in his look something I had never seen before: the look of a genius-mad man. and no one had ever looked at me that way...:shocked::wub2: it was a genuinely kind look ...and he mumbled a "thank you" at me.

What I also noticed...was how fragile he looks. :huh: I know it sounds ridiculous, but even though I have seen so many pics of him, that feeling I got when he was in front of me, was of course beyond any pictures ever seen before...because he looks far more better than in the pics. And the last thing on my mind would be to touch him...I don't know why, but it just seems to be a forbidden thing for me, because I'm afraid he might break or something. :shocked::teehee:

Nu picture EVER captured that moment, the way he looks at you. It is so special and when he thanks you for whatever he could thank you it is SO sincere, so honest.:blush-anim-cl:

*I have a feeling like I wanted to say something else but I forgot. :doh:

** I shook Jimmy's hand tho... :naughty:

As for fragility, I can get what you mean. There are times when he seems quite reserved and puts on the "polite act" rather than just be genuine. The way he can kinda keep himself to himself around people he doesn't know that well.

The reason why it just didn't feel right was because...I don't know, really. Like, I don't want to be annoying and I don't want to take up his time by doing something he might not wanna do...y'know? I don't know how Mika sees me :dunno: Does he see me as someone he wants to hug or not? I don't know. I may have met him several times but we're not friends. We're strangers. Acquainted at a very far push. Whether he even recognises me or knows who I am, I don't know.

I mean he has touched me before; he's put his hand on my shoulder and has held my own hand - both on his own initiative - but they were his moves and I'd rather that, because then I know he's okay with it. Does this make sense?

I've shook Jimmy's hand as well, that was his initiative too :naughty: But I've hugged Jimmy as well, I think that was a mutual reaction. Spending time with Jimmy felt a lot more normal because it was in a random pub with just me and Danika...it was more personal.

Ooooh :blush-anim-cl: Thanks Sara! :D And I'll never forget that it all happened thanks to YOU!! :wub2:

It's very sweet of you to say that, but really, I didn't do anything special that anyone else in my position wouldn't have done :huglove: In any case, I'm very glad how it all worked out :biggrin2:

As for fragility, I can get what you mean. There are times when he seems quite reserved and puts on the "polite act" rather than just be genuine. The way he can kinda keep himself to himself around people he doesn't know that well.

The reason why it just didn't feel right was because...I don't know, really. Like, I don't want to be annoying and I don't want to take up his time by doing something he might not wanna do...y'know? I don't know how Mika sees me :dunno: Does he see me as someone he wants to hug or not? I don't know. I may have met him several times but we're not friends. We're strangers. Acquainted at a very far push. Whether he even recognises me or knows who I am, I don't know.

I mean he has touched me before; he's put his hand on my shoulder and has held my own hand - both on his own initiative - but they were his moves and I'd rather that, because then I know he's okay with it. Does this make sense?

I've shook Jimmy's hand as well, that was his initiative too :naughty: But I've hugged Jimmy as well, I think that was a mutual reaction. Spending time with Jimmy felt a lot more normal because it was in a random pub with just me and Danika...it was more personal.

I totally understand, and totally agree. Personally, and with this I'm not criticising people who have initiated phsyical contact with him, not at all, but I always leave it to him to touch me if he wants to. I just think that I don't want to impose myself like that, and if he feels comfortable, then he will do it (as he's done a couple of times), but if he doesn't feel like it, I won't be invading his space. That's just how I roll though :dunno: and how I see the world.

As for Jimmy....well, this is a funny story. When we were standing in a corridor in Stockholm during our BG stint, waiting for the lift or something, I saw him at the very far end of the corridor. I was sure that it was him, so I shouted "Hey Jimmy!". He turned around and stood there for a little bit, and then shouted back: "Is that Sara?" So I said: "yes, and Danika, Mana and a few more!"

So he came over, butted into our group, and declared: "I demand cuddles!" and proceeded to hug the three of us :lmfao: And these were PROPER hugs, not the little arm/shoulder polite pat; It was proper 'boob squising hug' thing :roftl:. It was hilarious.

It's very sweet of you to say that, but really, I didn't do anything special that anyone else in my position wouldn't have done :huglove: In any case, I'm very glad how it all worked out :biggrin2:

Hihi me too! :D

Yes, indeed, last year in Paris he didn't feel quite Ok (he couldn't talk...exhausted perhaps) and I bet he "put n his polite act". In Vienna I had a different perspective on him: VERY chatty, happy and ...he just seemed to have enjoyed the gig and was up to meeting new fans. :biggrin2:

I really like the bolded part! :thumb_yello: and I really agree with you. Even though he lets himself quite accessible to say the least to his fans at the M&G's after the gig...is just a way to even protect himself you know. I mean...if he was this pop star who would run away through the backdoor all covered in everything, the kind that runs away from his fans...it could only "feed" the obssessiveness (is that a word? :lmfao: ) and gets more vulnerable. So I think that these M&G's are a really healthy decision and keeps everybody happy: Mika AND his fans.

As for the touching part...I'm afraid there are people around me that I have known for years and still feel strange if I touche or get touched by them. It is a pretty personal thing and you need to have a pretty stable friendship relationship with one to touch/be touched, IMO. Mika...we know him, we're well familliar with him, he's "here" everyday...but we're not there everyday for him the way he is for me. He may have heard of us, but doesn't know us, so ..yes I agree with you. We should maintain our "well behaved fans" not groupies. (I repeat: I RESPECT all of those who had the guts to ask for a hug/kiss! :wink2: )

In fact this distance is even a proof of politeness. :pinkbow: You know, I really enjoyed his genuine and unexpected laughter he left out when I gave him the medal. I wouldn't trade that for a hug in a million years. A hug is a hug...the genuine laughter is the genuine laughter. :wub2:

And yes, Caz, that DOES make sense...if he feels like touching us (shoulder, hand, whatever) it's ok.

as for my Jimmy moment...I can't remember who had the initiative of shaking hands...I just remember I shook hands with him (damn...it was only 2 weeks ago how could I forget...*) and he made a pause expecting me to say my name. That was cute. :biggrin2:

*actually if it wasn't for my video I would've forgotten right away that I said "HI! and "how are you to Mika :aah: "

I would never ask him for a hug, just because I don't want to force him to get 'intimate'.

The only times I've touched him was when he shook my hand, that happened twice and when he decided a grouppic should be taken and he just threw himself at me, leaning on me which resulted in me being so surprised I could only think "Oh my god, oh my god, what do I do? Smiiillleee!" and a whole group of girls pushing me against him even more, which the result you can see in my sig:naughty:

Thing is, when he stands in front of me, there is this whole energyfield around him which makes me act like a bounceball but whenever there is any touching involved, I calm down. Weird isn't it?:roftl:

I totally understand, and totally agree. Personally, and with this I'm not criticising people who have initiated phsyical contact with him, not at all, but I always leave it to him to touch me if he wants to. I just think that I don't want to impose myself like that, and if he feels comfortable, then he will do it (as he's done a couple of times), but if he doesn't feel like it, I won't be invading his space. That's just how I roll though :dunno: and how I see the world.

As for Jimmy....well, this is a funny story. When we were standing in a corridor in Stockholm during our BG stint, waiting for the lift or something, I saw him at the very far end of the corridor. I was sure that it was him, so I shouted "Hey Jimmy!". He turned around and stood there for a little bit, and then shouted back: "Is that Sara?" So I said: "yes, and Danika, Mana and a few more!"

So he came over, butted into our group, and declared: "I demand cuddles!" and proceeded to hug the three of us :lmfao: And these were PROPER hugs, not the little arm/shoulder polite pat; It was proper 'boob squising hug' thing :roftl:. It was hilarious.

As for the touching part...I'm afraid there are people around me that I have known for years and still feel strange if I touche or get touched by them. It is a pretty personal thing and you need to have a pretty stable friendship relationship with one to touch/be touched, IMO. Mika...we know him, we're well familliar with him, he's "here" everyday...but we're not there everyday for him the way he is for me. He may have heard of us, but doesn't know us, so ..yes I agree with you. We should maintain our "well behaved fans" not groupies. (I repeat: I RESPECT all of those who had the guts to ask for a hug/kiss! :wink2: )

In fact this distance is even a proof of politeness. :pinkbow: You know, I really enjoyed his genuine and unexpected laughter he left out when I gave him the medal. I wouldn't trade that for a hug in a million years. A hug is a hug...the genuine laughter is the genuine laughter. :wub2:

And yes, Caz, that DOES make sense...if he feels like touching us (shoulder, hand, whatever) it's ok.

as for my Jimmy moment...I can't remember who had the initiative of shaking hands...I just remember I shook hands with him (damn...it was only 2 weeks ago how could I forget...*) and he made a pause expecting me to say my name. That was cute. :biggrin2:

*actually if it wasn't for my video I would've forgotten right away that I said "HI! and "how are you to Mika :aah: "

Mika does seem to be a touchy-feely person (I don't mean that in a perverted way lol), after all it's just a natural gesture, but that doesn't mean we should just leap in and touch him as much as we please. I remember seeing one video of Mika (in France? I can't remember) where he bent down to sign something - I THINK - and then someone just went and stroked his hair :blink: That's very innappropriate behaviour and certainly not something I wish to do. If you ask for a hug or a kiss ya definitely got guts and I'm not criticising those who have asked for one, it's just not something I'm comfortable doing. Twice I've wondered if I could ask but I was like "You know what? No. If he wanted a hug, he'd probably give me one like he has with others" so...I left it. Heck, I haven't been able to ask for a photo for the same reason. I would really, really, really like a photo with him but I just cannot bring myself to ask.

I remember asking Luke Juby for a photo and I felt so stupid. Like, as if he was some famous landmark or something. He's just a dude and a dude I don't really know :dunno: And I remember asking if he was alright with it and he said he hated having his photo done. I said I was sorry and I felt so guilty. :sad:

I mean, imagine asking Mika for a photo or a hug and he said "I'm not allowed/sorry, I'm not in the mood/not well." How embarrassing. And he has refused photos in the past. I just don't want to be a nuisance.

Jimmy is so level-headed and down to Earth. When I said thanks for the drink and spending time with us, he just laughed and shrugged it off and said "It's alright, I'm not a celebrity or anything." It just made Jimmy and the situation a whole lot more real. Jimmy felt more like someone I actually know, rather than just some guy Ive happened to meet a few times. He's really social and friendly and I have much wub for him.

And I totally get what you say about the laugh. What would you rather have: A hug that you requested or Mika laughing at something you said/did/gave and genuinely finding it funny?

It's all about the genuine things!

Edited by CazGirl

Mika does seem to be a touchy-feely person (I don't mean that in a perverted way lol), after all it's just a natural gesture, but that doesn't mean we should just leap in and touch him as much as we please. I remember seeing one video of Mika (in France? I can't remember) where he bent down to sign something - I THINK - and then someone just went and stroked his hair :blink: That's very innappropriate behaviour and certainly not something I wish to do. If you ask for a hug or a kiss ya definitely got guts and I'm not criticising those who have asked for one, it's just not something I'm comfortable doing. Twice I've wondered if I could ask but I was like "You know what? No. If he wanted a hug, he'd probably give me one like he has with others" so...I left it. Heck, I haven't been able to ask for a photo for the same reason. I would really, really, really like a photo with him but I just cannot bring myself to ask.

I remember ask Luke Juby for a photo and I felt so stupid. Like, as if he was some famous landmark or something. He's just a dude and a dude I don't really know :dunno: And I remember asking if he was alright with it and he said he hated having his photo done. I said I was sorry and I felt so guilty. :sad:

I mean, imagine asking Mika for a photo or a hug and he said "I'm not allowed/sorry, I'm not in the mood/not well." How embarrassing. And he has refused photos in the past. I just don't want to be a nuisance.

Jimmy is so level-headed and down to Earth. When I said thanks for the drink and spending time with us, he just laughed and shrugged it off and said "It's alright, I'm not a celebrity or anything." It just made Jimmy and the situation a whole lot more real. Jimmy felt more like someone I actually know, rather than just some guy Ive happened to meet a few times. He's really social and friendly and I have much wub for him.

And I totally get what you say about the laugh. What would you rather have: A hug that you requested or Mika laughing at something you said/did/gave and genuinely finding it funny?

That's why I love my little Itunes siggy video ... cos' he is laughing at me ... :wub2: I didn't intend to make him laugh ... but ... :wub2: to the fact I did :boing:

I remember asking Luke Juby for a photo and I felt so stupid. Like, as if he was some famous landmark or something. He's just a dude and a dude I don't really know :dunno: And I remember asking if he was alright with it and he said he hated having his photo done. I said I was sorry and I felt so guilty. :sad:

The stroking hair thing was in Amsterdam, I remember being pretty pissed after seeing someone do that as if he was a monkey at the zoo:naughty:

I prefer him laughing than a hug, everytime I make him laugh, I pat myself on the back:roftl:

That's such a cute video. What did you ask him again?

It was about How Much Do You Love Me ... he said he hadn't recorded it - so I said there's no chance of it being a b-side ever then - and he said ... no :( So I kind of made a disappointed whining OOOooh sound ... I didn't mean to ... so he then giggled at me and said maybe ... you never know ... :naughty:

I like it anyway ... he normally passes me buy so quick I don't even get much eye contact - it was nice to get abit of a conversation out of him ... :aah::wub2:

EXACTLY!

you know...one of my aims in life (everyday life) is to make as many people as possible smile. Not laugh...because I'm not a clown...but smile. So, you can imagine how nice it made me feel when I saw Mika giggling at the medal I've made for him. (Actually I think it was the text on that card that he laughed about but it doesn't matter...). :pinkbow:

The stroking hair thing was in Amsterdam, I remember being pretty pissed after seeing someone do that as if he was a monkey at the zoo

I prefer him laughing than a hug, everytime I make him laugh, I pat myself on the back

Oh Amsterdam? I knew it wasn't the UK lol. And I was damn sure it wasn't America or Asia, so it just had to be Europe :naughty:

I don't think I've ever made him laugh :blink: I think I've made him smile though? I believe that was when I asked him if he was okay after Lollipop at the Scala gig, like I'm his mum or something LOL :roftl: I was so concerned, I asked Cherisse, I asked Andy, then Mika...xD Seriously. You shouldn't pick up a 6'3 dude if you can't take the weight cos they're gonna fall over :aah:

The first time he touched me was at the Pub...I was about to leave and said "Thank you so much for tonight, it's been amazing" (I think I said thanks twice, actually. I believe I have a tendancy for over-showing gratitude, I don't like taking things for granted or taking advantage of things. ANYWAY...) and he put his hand on my shoulder and I was in full fangurl mode (I just stood still and gazed at his pretty face. I probably looked lovestruck LOLZ) and I have no idea what he said. Probably something like "you're welcome" or "no problem" and then he went back to DJing...and I stood there...that was the second time I thought about asking for a hug (first one was Sadler's Wells) but I was like "NO...he's turned round...moment's gone :aah:" and I...well, just stood there. And then I saw Jennie and Jennie was looking at me and I think I was just smiling :roftl:

Second time was at Jools Holland when I told him my mum's favourite song was I See You. That was when he held my hand :wub2: and he said "Oh, thank you." Or something. I can't remember :aah: And then Babs went and told him SHE was MY MUM :lmfao: and he was like :shocked: REALLY? And Babs went "no" :roftl: I had no idea what she said at the time so I was confused as to why everyone was laughing...I think Mika was confused as well...:aah:

Aah. Good times.

The stroking hair thing was in Amsterdam, I remember being pretty pissed after seeing someone do that as if he was a monkey at the zoo:naughty:

I prefer him laughing than a hug, everytime I make him laugh, I pat myself on the back:roftl:

OMG! That was one of the rudest things I've ever heard about people doing. He is friendly (as much as his position allows him to be...) but HEY! Not DA curlz! (actually not the anything)

:naughty: for the second sentence.

I'm feeling weird discussing this any longer...because we're clearly NOT going to start touching Mika the next time we'll see him. :teehee: We're the best fans he could ever ask for. :aah::biggrin2:

It was about How Much Do You Love Me ... he said he hadn't recorded it - so I said there's no chance of it being a b-side ever then - and he said ... no :( So I kind of made a disappointed whining OOOooh sound ... I didn't mean to ... so he then giggled at me and said maybe ... you never know ... :naughty:

I like it anyway ... he normally passes me buy so quick I don't even get much eye contact - it was nice to get abit of a conversation out of him ... :aah::wub2:

:roftl: Awww.

I never liked that song much anyway :teehee:

1. You're so right about Jimmy :) While your situation was definitely more personal, I had the pleasure of having a quick chat with him with no one else around. He was immediately so so natural and sweet. My friend mentioned something about the gig we were at being a present for my 18th birthday and he said "Aw, happy birthday!" and gave me a hug. He was so sincere and sweet and it was such a fantastic moment :biggrin2:

2. "It's all about the genuine things!" <-- perfectly put!! Even though I was fortunate enough to take a picture with Mika, I almost feel more fortunate to have had a conversation with him. Chatting about New York, where I'm from (which he thought was totally awesome since I was all the way in Berlin!) and seeing his reaction to the bracelets I had made for him were such genuine moments-- little glimpses of who Mika is/what he's like-- that you can't always get from a picture/handshake, etc. alone :)

:roftl: Awww.

I never liked that song much anyway :teehee:

:shocked: I know some don't like it ... but I just love it ... I have a really good live version that's about 6 mins long ... it's cos' the crowd just wouldn't stop doing the Doo dooo dooo bit ... they were so loud .... I think I fell in love with that song - I was so excited when I heard it at Hammersmith during my first gig ... never heard it since - but I didn't have a problem with that cos' I thought it was gonna be on the album :yikes::lmfao: