What did u do when u met Mika?

mikaliciousyaz

i think i was a bit silly, i couldn't think of anything to say! I stuttered how amazing he was and shook his hand (after realising that I needed to use the opposit hand to the one he put out!) and we talked about the concert after i nearly died of embarrasment asking him to sign my post card!

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awwwwww, that's so cute! He obviously thought you two should get married!

Won't quote it all, but that was so cute, esp in Hong Kong! :wub2:

I really love Sasje's story, I have my favourites.. one of which is when Cynthia managed to be backstage.. mistaken identity.. remember it? good story that..

I'm doing a lot better these days... I've come off the anti seizure medication and am weaning myself off the meds that lessen the pressure behind my eyes... and I only need to get the blood tests for the blood thinners and see one more doctor, and hopefully I won't have to see anyone else! :kachinga:

And I got my drivers licence back in February (they suspended it cause of the strokes and seizures), and I start a full time job in about a week and a half!

I still get quite tired at times, my right side is still a little weaker than it was before, and I occasionally get headaches, but they're nowhere as bad as they were last year! :teehee: I manage pretty well, and any tiredness or weakness I've learnt to deal with...

Good to know you're better now.. that thing he did was one of the best thing ever... love that story too!

Sorry if I'm being nosey' date=' but I think I've missed something and it sounds kinda interesting....can someone please explain about the flowers? Sorry! :original:[/quote']

Yup.yup, Tegan should tell her yourself. :biggrin2:

I'll meet him in a week...if i won't be able to hide properly...:lmfao:

Mika: Hi!

Me: Gasp...glup...arrrggghhhhh....cough, cough...*bump*

Wonka, you have to tell him you're WONKA!! No buts about it!

To be honest Lena, you could plan for weeks what you want to say to him, and when you do, it all goes out of your head when he looks at you:naughty:

Even now, after meeting him many times, I have blackouts of what I want to say and babble like an idiot at him, but he is very patient and doesn't get stressed (just don't mention clogs:roftl::roftl::roftl:).

Just be natural is probably the best way to be:thumb_yello:

Yeah Rose, learnt that.. so for the past few meetings.. I just said what comes to mind.

What happened to the clogs??? Did he give it to you two in the end?

i couldnt resist buying some for him when i was in London :naughty:

LOL!!! That's a great conversation starter...

I really love Sasje's story, I have my favourites.. one of which is when Cynthia managed to be backstage.. mistaken identity.. remember it? good story that..

Good to know you're better now.. that thing he did was one of the best thing ever... love that story too!

Yup.yup, Tegan should tell her yourself. :biggrin2:

Wonka, you have to tell him you're WONKA!! No buts about it!

Yeah Rose, learnt that.. so for the past few meetings.. I just said what comes to mind.

What happened to the clogs??? Did he give it to you two in the end?

LOL!!! That's a great conversation starter...

Not yet, he's teasing me with them:naughty:

:wub2:I met Mika at the glasgow gig in feb. I was one of the BG's and got to meet him after the gig. We (lg's and bg's) were all getting a group photo and i was next to Mika and i turned to him him and said Wow i knew you were tall ,but not that tall:boxed: He then turned to me and said oh you smell nice, ( i almost died) he asked what the strawberry smell was and i told him it was my chewing gum, he then asked if he could try a piece (omg!) i said yes and gave him the packet. He took a piece and then said something random about artificial flavours giving you brain damage:aah: then he offered the gum back to me but i said he could keep it! He looked genuinely chuffed! He then talked a bit more to all of us then as we were leaving he shouted after me 'thanks for the gum' :wub2: All totally random but it made my day!!!!:mf_lustslow:

Honestly, I wish I was game emough to give Mika a kiss on the cheek.. I was worried he was going to say no to the hug!

I'm doing a lot better these days... I've come off the anti seizure medication and am weaning myself off the meds that lessen the pressure behind my eyes... and I only need to get the blood tests for the blood thinners and see one more doctor, and hopefully I won't have to see anyone else! :kachinga:

And I got my drivers licence back in February (they suspended it cause of the strokes and seizures), and I start a full time job in about a week and a half!

I still get quite tired at times, my right side is still a little weaker than it was before, and I occasionally get headaches, but they're nowhere as bad as they were last year! :teehee: I manage pretty well, and any tiredness or weakness I've learnt to deal with...

Glad you are doing better :huglove:

would like to have a drivers licence but im not even allowed now :sneaky2:

tried and weakness cos of the med?

:wub2:I met Mika at the glasgow gig in feb. I was one of the BG's and got to meet him after the gig. We (lg's and bg's) were all getting a group photo and i was next to Mika and i turned to him him and said Wow i knew you were tall ,but not that tall:boxed: He then turned to me and said oh you smell nice, ( i almost died) he asked what the strawberry smell was and i told him it was my chewing gum, he then asked if he could try a piece (omg!) i said yes and gave him the packet. He took a piece and then said something random about artificial flavours giving you brain damage:aah: then he offered the gum back to me but i said he could keep it! He looked genuinely chuffed! He then talked a bit more to all of us then as we were leaving he shouted after me 'thanks for the gum' :wub2: All totally random but it made my day!!!!:mf_lustslow:

Nice story Shoni. Mika & smells.. :roftl::roftl:

You know, he really is one of the most special guys out there and meeting him, is a real priviledge and I'm really grateful to be his fan and have this priviledge. It seems to be a tradition for him to meet us already and to us it feels normal, but when you're telling other people who don't know that much about him, that you went to the M&G after the gig and met him, they either think you must be dellusional or you're showing off. :huh:

Also, you know...for me, Mika as an artist is a character. Meeting him did not make me feel as if I met the "actor" who plays this character (and go: "OMFG he's a human...he walks...he talks...because that's pretty obvious -of course there is a slight shock when seeing him for the first time and think: oh yeah, he's real...but that shock is rapidly replaced by the joy of watching him perform). It actually made me feel as if I met the character himself and I became part of his fairytale/world aswell...I became a character myself. This is the priviledge Mika gives us... :pinkbow:

Yeah he really is special =).

Aww how do you get M&G passes? And aww thats amazing that its a tradition for him to meet you. I really wish that he would know me =( and that i could join his world but i never know how i can meet him.

xxxx

Yeah he really is special =).

Aww how do you get M&G passes? And aww thats amazing that its a tradition for him to meet you. I really wish that he would know me =( and that i could join his world but i never know how i can meet him.

xxxx

we mostly don´t get passes for that , we just wait outside

Oh ok

i never know where to wait.

Do you usually meet him before or after the concert?

and what sorta time?

cause apparently bands and musicians usually get to the venues around 3 or 4.

xxx

We usually meet him after the concert at the artist entrance.

I only met him once before the concert because it was an acoustic concert and we had numbered seats so we didn´t have to queue.

but as Sylvana told we were a bit shocked that he actually came out.

Some time before that i had brought john some fishsnacks and after that we went to have a drink .

At one moment a red van stopped and Mika came out , i was too afraid to walk towards him eventhough he was looking at our direction.

For the rest i have always waited after the concerts

We usually meet him after the concert at the artist entrance.

I only met him once before the concert because it was an acoustic concert and we had numbered seats so we didn´t have to queue.

but as Sylvana told we were a bit shocked that he actually came out.

Some time before that i had brought john some fishsnacks and after that we went to have a drink .

At one moment a red van stopped and Mika came out , i was too afraid to walk towards him eventhough he was looking at our direction.

For the rest i have always waited after the concerts

Ooh ook

I'm determined that i will meet him next concert i go to =)

haha the last concert i went to i actually coudlnt move my legs id been jumping soo much lol.

xx

I love all these stories. :wub2:

The first time I met him was last June, in Milan.

I was a bit nervous, but not that much because I had already seen him arrive at the venue and realised he was real and genuine and I realised I wasn't acting fangurly around him. Phew.

After the show we waited for him and when he arrived, I did everything very quickly (I didn't want to take too much of his time you see?): I gave him my portraits, asked for an autograph, telling him about the portraits. Then Mana told him I cried during the whole show - thank you Mana! haha He laughed and I said I really really enjoyed his show, that it was my first Mika-gig. I said thank you. And he smiled and looked at me for a while and well then something happened in my brain. I held out my cheek (is it the way to say that in English? lol) for a kiss and he kissed me, he was really surprised, and I was too, god what had I just done?? Then he said "ok a second kiss" and kissed my on the other cheek :teehee: After that I was a bit ashamed... A kiss... gosh, how stupid. Mana kept assuring me I was very polite and did it in a very polite way but still haha. My siggy picture was taken just after the kiss by the way. I don't think he looks pissed, but you never know lol. Anyway, that was my first Mika moment :aah:

I forgot that I told him his performance made you cry. :blush-anim-cl: Your meeting with him was so sweet. I still love that pic. :wub2:

When is saw him for the first time I didn't aspect it.

We were with a group from 10 people I think in Amsterdam at the concertgebouw. We thought let's wait at the artist-entrance but actually we couldn't imagine that he really would come outside there. it was already 5:30 pm.

When we all were busy with talking to each other, Mika was coming outside. It was VERY quiet no one said anything. We didn't move. it felt like we were stuck at the street. When Mika walked to his car to go to his hotel we all run and run and run.. then Mika opened his window and we talked to him. Cause I was so in shock that I saw him and was so close at him, I gave him my rose what I bought that day and said "you're welcome" in my own language (in dutch: alsjeblieft) hahaha.. very funny to see that back in the vid.

after this meeting I was shaking and couldn't believe what happened actually..

but after all.. it was a GREAT meeting and I will never forget..

The vid of the meeting:

Love that vid! He was really keen to get people to stand up and sing during that gig. "It's such a serious venue!" He was right though, it was a serious venue. But the sound was amazing.

That's so great you said "you're welcome" in Dutch. Too cute. :wub2:

My first time meeting Mika was in LA in February 2008 after the gig at the Wiltern. It was nuts. There must have been a hundred or more people waiting for him, and I was sure he was going to leave and not talk to fans. But the venue security were super organized and set up barriers to keep the crowd under control.

I had a hard cover copy of the 2007 yearbook with me for him to sign. At that point he had never seen a hard cover version (we gave him a soft cover version that year). He was really impressed by the hard cover version, so I told him he could have one if he wanted it. :roftl: He gave me a hug and I walked away floating on a cloud. I was still in "OMG-I-can't-believe-he's-real" mode. :blush-anim-cl:

I find that if you have something in particular you want to say to him, it does help to have an idea in your mind of what you'd like to say. Otherwise when you're actually speaking to him you might find you forget what you wanted to say. :teehee:

I love all these stories. :wub2:

I forgot that I told him his performance made you cry. :blush-anim-cl: Your meeting with him was so sweet. I still love that pic. :wub2:

Love that vid! He was really keen to get people to stand up and sing during that gig. "It's such a serious venue!" He was right though, it was a serious venue. But the sound was amazing.

That's so great you said "you're welcome" in Dutch. Too cute. :wub2:

My first time meeting Mika was in LA in February 2008 after the gig at the Wiltern. It was nuts. There must have been a hundred or more people waiting for him, and I was sure he was going to leave and not talk to fans. But the venue security were super organized and set up barriers to keep the crowd under control.

I had a hard cover copy of the 2007 yearbook with me for him to sign. At that point he had never seen a hard cover version (we gave him a soft cover version that year). He was really impressed by the hard cover version, so I told him he could have one if he wanted it. :roftl: He gave me a hug and I walked away floating on a cloud. I was still in "OMG-I-can't-believe-he's-real" mode. :blush-anim-cl:

I find that if you have something in particular you want to say to him, it does help to have an idea in your mind of what you'd like to say. Otherwise when you're actually speaking to him you might find you forget what you wanted to say. :teehee:

Aaaahw, well i felt embarrassed when i said that hahahahaha.. but now i can laugh about it :P..

it's always so nice to meet him. met him now for 7 times and he's always so sweet :)

The first time I met him was last June, in Milan.

I was a bit nervous, but not that much because I had already seen him arrive at the venue and realised he was real and genuine and I realised I wasn't acting fangurly around him. Phew.

After the show we waited for him and when he arrived, I did everything very quickly (I didn't want to take too much of his time you see?): I gave him my portraits, asked for an autograph, telling him about the portraits. Then Mana told him I cried during the whole show - thank you Mana! haha He laughed and I said I really really enjoyed his show, that it was my first Mika-gig. I said thank you. And he smiled and looked at me for a while and well then something happened in my brain. I held out my cheek (is it the way to say that in English? lol) for a kiss and he kissed me, he was really surprised, and I was too, god what had I just done?? Then he said "ok a second kiss" and kissed my on the other cheek :teehee: After that I was a bit ashamed... A kiss... gosh, how stupid. Mana kept assuring me I was very polite and did it in a very polite way but still haha. My siggy picture was taken just after the kiss by the way. I don't think he looks pissed, but you never know lol. Anyway, that was my first Mika moment :aah:

Emerald!! I completely missed your post :boxed: That is a great story... where did that come from.. sometimes guts come out of nowhere... :thumb_yello:

I wish I was abit more forthcoming when I meet Mika ... but I always seem to clam up abit .... everyone else seems far more comfortable when meeting him ... so I pretty much just film everyone else's moments nowadays ... Apart from Itunes ... which was a fluke ... words go out of my head when he's there ... I can string a hello and can you sign this for me - but that's about it ... I would love to be able to speak to him properly ... but don't think it's gonna happen ... I've seen him live 14 times - and met him 13 times ... but I don't think I've really ever said much to him :aah: