What did u do when u met Mika?

mikaliciousyaz

1. You're so right about Jimmy :) While your situation was definitely more personal, I had the pleasure of having a quick chat with him with no one else around. He was immediately so so natural and sweet. My friend mentioned something about the gig we were at being a present for my 18th birthday and he said "Aw, happy birthday!" and gave me a hug. He was so sincere and sweet and it was such a fantastic moment :biggrin2:

2. "It's all about the genuine things!" <-- perfectly put!! Even though I was fortunate enough to take a picture with Mika, I almost feel more fortunate to have had a conversation with him. Chatting about New York, where I'm from (which he thought was totally awesome since I was all the way in Berlin!) and seeing his reaction to the bracelets I had made for him were such genuine moments-- little glimpses of who Mika is/what he's like-- that you can't always get from a picture/handshake, etc. alone :)

SINCERE. That's a great word for Jimmy. He's just a dude ya warm to. It helps that he's funny as well :wink2::roftl: He just gives everyone the same amount of attention and is so patient.

Yes!! Not everyone gets to have a small chat with their idol/someone famous. It's these things that make him more human. I mean for example, I've met a few people from Harry Potter and I've met Shakira and everytime I see them on TV, I go "I'VE MET THEM." However, when I did actually meet them, we merely swapped a few words and they signed my DVD (sorry I talk so fast lol, I'm working on it :aah:

) and so because of this, you view them as celebrities. Human as well, yes, but also as a celebrity.

I don't view Mika as a celebrity, even though he is.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:shocked: I know some don't like it ... but I just love it ... I have a really good live version that's about 6 mins long ... it's cos' the crowd just wouldn't stop doing the Doo dooo dooo bit ... they were so loud .... I think I fell in love with that song - I was so excited when I heard it at Hammersmith during my first gig ... never heard it since - but I didn't have a problem with that cos' I thought it was gonna be on the album :yikes::lmfao:

Well he did lie and say it was gonna be on the next album LOL, same with Holy Johnny :roftl:

Maybe it'll be on the next EP Ingie was harping on about :teehee:

Oh Amsterdam? I knew it wasn't the UK lol. And I was damn sure it wasn't America or Asia, so it just had to be Europe

I don't think I've ever made him laugh :blink: I think I've made him smile though? I believe that was when I asked him if he was okay after Lollipop at the Scala gig, like I'm his mum or something LOL :roftl: I was so concerned, I asked Cherisse, I asked Andy, then Mika...xD Seriously. You shouldn't pick up a 6'3 dude if you can't take the weight cos they're gonna fall over

The first time he touched me was at the Pub...I was about to leave and said "Thank you so much for tonight, it's been amazing" (I think I said thanks twice, actually. I believe I have a tendancy for over-showing gratitude, I don't like taking things for granted or taking advantage of things. ANYWAY...) and he put his hand on my shoulder and I was in full fangurl mode (I just stood still and gazed at his pretty face. I probably looked lovestruck LOLZ) and I have no idea what he said. Probably something like "you're welcome" or "no problem" and then he went back to DJing...and I stood there...that was the second time I thought about asking for a hug (first one was Sadler's Wells) but I was like "NO...he's turned round...moment's gone :aah:" and I...well, just stood there. And then I saw Jennie and Jennie was looking at me and I think I was just smiling :roftl:

Second time was at Jools Holland when I told him my mum's favourite song was I See You. That was when he held my hand :wub2: and he said "Oh, thank you." Or something. I can't remember :aah: And then Babs went and told him SHE was MY MUM :lmfao: and he was like :shocked: REALLY? And Babs went "no" :roftl: I had no idea what she said at the time so I was confused as to why everyone was laughing...I think Mika was confused as well...:aah:

Aah. Good times.

First time I made him laugh, with my dog:naughty:

Then he seemed to find it pretty funny when I slipped and jumped up while saying: "Don't worry, I'm cool, I'm cool":roftl:

Then he seemed to find it pretty funny when I slipped and jumped up while saying: "Don't worry, I'm cool, I'm cool":roftl:

:lmfao: You didn't :lmfao: Sorry :teehee:

Mika does seem to be a touchy-feely person (I don't mean that in a perverted way lol), after all it's just a natural gesture, but that doesn't mean we should just leap in and touch him as much as we please. I remember seeing one video of Mika (in France? I can't remember) where he bent down to sign something - I THINK - and then someone just went and stroked his hair :blink: That's very innappropriate behaviour and certainly not something I wish to do. If you ask for a hug or a kiss ya definitely got guts and I'm not criticising those who have asked for one, it's just not something I'm comfortable doing. Twice I've wondered if I could ask but I was like "You know what? No. If he wanted a hug, he'd probably give me one like he has with others" so...I left it. Heck, I haven't been able to ask for a photo for the same reason. I would really, really, really like a photo with him but I just cannot bring myself to ask.

I remember asking Luke Juby for a photo and I felt so stupid. Like, as if he was some famous landmark or something. He's just a dude and a dude I don't really know :dunno: And I remember asking if he was alright with it and he said he hated having his photo done. I said I was sorry and I felt so guilty. :sad:

I mean, imagine asking Mika for a photo or a hug and he said "I'm not allowed/sorry, I'm not in the mood/not well." How embarrassing. And he has refused photos in the past. I just don't want to be a nuisance.

Jimmy is so level-headed and down to Earth. When I said thanks for the drink and spending time with us, he just laughed and shrugged it off and said "It's alright, I'm not a celebrity or anything." It just made Jimmy and the situation a whole lot more real. Jimmy felt more like someone I actually know, rather than just some guy Ive happened to meet a few times. He's really social and friendly and I have much wub for him.

And I totally get what you say about the laugh. What would you rather have: A hug that you requested or Mika laughing at something you said/did/gave and genuinely finding it funny?

It's all about the genuine things!

I'm the same i would never ask for a hug or anything else because i rather want one when he wants to give one. And i'm not even a person who hugs people just like that i only hug my closest friends and family.

I'm always afraid to touch Mika i automaticly freeze when he touches me.

at the dutch tv show he held up his hand and i was confused for a second but then i realised he wanted a high 5 hhhaha

In berlin he punched my shoulder , if he was someone i knew i would have punched him back :roftl:

And he loved it so much he put it in WAG! :lmfao: You must be SO honoured. I smile everytime I see that dog. I even told my mum about it :roftl:

And he loved it so much he put it in WAG! :lmfao: You must be SO honoured. I smile everytime I see that dog. I even told my mum about it :roftl:

I was! It's my baby, I think it's the best thing I've ever given to him, second to my amazing award, which was a hell to get in:naughty:

award?

Yeah, I had this amazingly heavy award in the shape of a microphone made back in 2008. It said: MFC Award for Most Incredible Know Artist

They forgot to put an n after known, and well, long story short, I have it to John 'cause I thought I wouldn't meet him, then we got dragged in a tent and I met him and I was frozen and could barely say a thing, but when he found out the award was mine, he was chatting away and he noticed the spelling mistake and he said it made him smile:naughty:

Then he looked at me and went like: "OH MY GOD! YOU'RE FREEZING!"

And he ordered me to not get sick and told Babet she should give me whiskey.

That was my first Mika meeting:roftl:

Yeah, I had this amazingly heavy award in the shape of a microphone made back in 2008. It said: MFC Award for Most Incredible Know Artist

They forgot to put an n after known, and well, long story short, I have it to John 'cause I thought I wouldn't meet him, then we got dragged in a tent and I met him and I was frozen and could barely say a thing, but when he found out the award was mine, he was chatting away and he noticed the spelling mistake and he said it made him smile:naughty:

Then he looked at me and went like: "OH MY GOD! YOU'RE FREEZING!"

And he ordered me to not get sick and told Babet she should give me whiskey.

That was my first Mika meeting:roftl:

OMG :lmfao:

Mika noticed a spelling mistake? Blimey :naughty::teehee:

Aww. He must know who you are lol.

hemaglueftw.jpg

There it is, the funny thing with the glue was, I went to Schiphol to meet Diana, Starrats and Queenie and well, I wanted to show the award, so when I took it out, it was broken! So I panicked and as we left for Babet's house, we went to a shop where they sell cheap stuff and bought woodglue and we glued it and it stuck really well and Mika didn't notice a thing:naughty:

hemaglueftw.jpg

There it is, the funny thing with the glue was, I went to Schiphol to meet Diana, Starrats and Queenie and well, I wanted to show the award, so when I took it out, it was broken! So I panicked and as we left for Babet's house, we went to a shop where they sell cheap stuff and bought woodglue and we glued it and it stuck really well and Mika didn't notice a thing:naughty:

:lmfao: It's the funniest thing when things go wrong. I remember when Danika's ring had broken so we went to buy glue so we could fix it...we were in Starbucks...and we didn't even know how to get the glue out! :lmfao:

We literally spent about 10 minutes trying to squeeze some out...

Wauw, Ingie's dog IS famous .. if even mums get to hear about it :aah::naughty:

:lmfao: It's the funniest thing when things go wrong. I remember when Danika's ring had broken so we went to buy glue so we could fix it...we were in Starbucks...and we didn't even know how to get the glue out! :lmfao:

We literally spent about 10 minutes trying to squeeze some out...

Mwaahahahahahaaha

Well, when it happens, it's not really that much fun, but afterwards it is:roftl: