Mika on VIVA live 24.3.2010

mellody

Mika is too kind...

After watching it....ahem....8 times each part...i get to the conclusion Mika is a saint...

He should have tightened that belt of hers around her neck real tight...

:blink::lmfao:!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mika is too kind...

After watching it....ahem....8 times each part...i get to the conclusion Mika is a saint...

He should have tightened that belt of hers around her neck real tight...

now we're talking...! :naughty:

i have to admit though, as annoying as it was, i was just a TINY bit impressed how she was able to hold the notes... wouldn't have thought she could do that. :mf_rosetinted:

Thank you for uploading them to youtube! My computer would take two hours to download the thing :blink:

I like his little interview with the other guest. :naughty:

not sure, but i think this robert guy is someone from the audience whom they chose at the beginning of the show to be their "assistant" for the viewer's feedback - that's why it seems "unprofessional". :wink2:

generally, it's a show for teenagers, so you can't expect it to be really serious... but i'm very happy that mika gets on german tv at all, haven't seen any interviews on nationwide german tv with him since... dunno, 2007? :no:he needs some media exposure here and viva is, besides mtv, the most popular music tv channel in germany. at least the interviewer doesn't ask him about his sexuality or anything like that. i don't have the feeling that mika feels so tortured by the interview as such, i guess he was just tired and stressed. gigs in dusseldorf and wiesbaden, kick ass premiere in london, gig in hamburg, gig in berlin on the day of the interview, and, in between all of that, this interview and maybe some others? i think it would've taken a really brilliant and fantastic interviewer, like we've only seen it about 3 or 4 times at all worldwide, to make him forget about his work-stress and tiredness and really relax.

After watching and listening this video twice I have to agree with you guys, especially with the bolded parts. Mika obviously doesn't understand German so good (especially in this "hysterical" way) and somehow he was bothering with that, but I've got impression that the mod or presenter wanted to promote herself at the first place than to interview Mika in a proper way.

He was a bit reserved at the begining and then started with his funny stories which I love a lot:roftl: The young audience reacted in a quite good way and I adore his part about difference between TH and him as an artist. They were sorounded with the bodyguards so they couldn't speak to his fellows musicians? Not even with Mika? It sounds so stupid and the presenter understood how he was so keen to meet them which is actually rubbish and she obviosly didn't get Mika at all.:roftl:

The whole vocal exibition meant to confuse Mika in a quite stupid way and too show the audience her own talent:naughty: I'm annoyed with these kind of interviewers anywhere cos they don't allow the invited guest to be spoted playing the main role in the TV show but themselves.:sneaky2:

The whole vocal exibition meant to confuse Mika in a quite stupid way and too show the audience her own talent:naughty: I'm annoyed with these kind of interviewers anywhere cos they don't allow the invited guest to be spoted playing the main role in the TV show but themselves.:sneaky2:

about this thing, i guess the interviewer thought it was a fun idea to do that competition because mika has such a wide vocal range, but when she realized that him and the other girl weren't really keen on taking part, she covered up by doing it herself. :teehee: i mean, it was a live show, what else could she have done? :rolls_eyes:

i guess mika had some fun too during this interview - like when the presenter kept asking "and then?!", i guess he was annoyed at first but then had a good laugh for himself when he fooled her with that 79 people trashing his apartment story. :roftl::naughty:

about this thing, i guess the interviewer thought it was a fun idea to do that competition because mika has such a wide vocal range, but when she realized that him and the other girl weren't really keen on taking part, she covered up by doing it herself. :teehee: i mean, it was a live show, what else could she have done? :rolls_eyes:

i guess mika had some fun too during this interview - like when the presenter kept asking "and then?!", i guess he was annoyed at first but then had a good laugh for himself when he fooled her with that 79 people trashing his apartment story. :roftl::naughty:

You get the point here. But even though I think this thing was pretty foolish and totally infantile IMO, I've noticed in some other TV shows that Mika doesn't look like so confortable when a presenter bumps demanding him to show his vocal demonstration, only if it hasn't been arranged before.:teehee:

It's not THAT bad actually. I mean, yeah, the interviewer doesn't act very smart, but Mika deals amazingly well with all the cr*p she keeps saying. I particularly love the bit in the beginning when neither Mika nor Jenny pay any attention to her :naughty:

Well, and then there's the guitar playing part of course.

Go watch it! :thumb_yello:

I agree with mellody. We've seen a lot worse in the German media.

Haha :lmao:, you're right, the beginning is hilarious! :lmao: It almost seems like he's hijacking the interview on purpose because he can't make anything of the interviewer :teehee: She's so lost.

And what? :roftl: Lovely that the glitter notebook guy had to actually search to find a question for Mika. :roftl:

Poor Mika, I can see a small but clear 'please let me out of here' on his forehead. :naughty:

We have a word here for what Mika does why the interviewer reaches the peak of embarrassing herself with her stupid singing. It's 'fremdschämen'. :roftl:

And yeah, love how he's doing the John Travolta all over again :thumb_yello:

Who is that Jenny btw? Is she from Raab's Oslo contest?

And I still love how VIVA never shows any video until the end.

Haha :lmao:, you're right, the beginning is hilarious! :lmao: It almost seems like he's hijacking the interview on purpose because he can't make anything of the interviewer :teehee: She's so lost.

And what? :roftl: Lovely that the glitter notebook guy had to actually search to find a question for Mika. :roftl:

Poor Mika, I can see a small but clear 'please let me out of here' on his forehead. :naughty:

yes, yet he is still so polite, like when he answers her question about the 150 octaves (which I don't think was a joke:blink:) he makes sure he does not say any specific number (like it is only supposed to be around 3-4 maximum) in order to avoid making her look completely dumb.

Who is that Jenny btw? Is she from Raab's Oslo contest?

yes, even I know that :naughty:

I love when he does this :naughty: He basically realises that these are non-serious programmes with non-professional presenters so he adapts to the situation and makes up a funny story everyone can choose to believe or not...

Just a small note on Viva presenters - it must be company culture. We also have that channel over here and they seem to have the same level of professionalism. I have a feeling that presenters get selected based on who looks better in the clothes the tv channel gets from sponsors. :mf_rosetinted:

yes, even I know that :naughty:

I was just a bit unsure as I didn't actively follow the Raab shows. :blush-anim-cl: (I really like the winner, though. Even if she - as some say - doesn't use her singing voice.)

And now the questions Mika asked the Jenny make complete sense to me. :naughty: Now I don't want to imply that he's anywhere as cynical as I can get but if I didn't think of him as sort of a sweetheart I could be tempted to think he was making fun of her as well. :das:

And my management were so terrified that everybody would find out that I was this complete mess that they locked me in my dressing room. And they wouldn't let me out for about an hour, until everyone had gone home. I'm sitting there bashing on the door."

*lol* The German interpreter says "one week" instead of "one hour" :shocked::biggrin2:

I was just a bit unsure as I didn't actively follow the Raab shows. :blush-anim-cl:

I didn't mean it like everyone was supposed to know that, of course.:wink2:

I just said it because I acutally found it funny that I knew about it and someone from Germany didn't . :teehee:

(I was simply drawn into watching that show online one night as I had nothing else to do. Otherwise I was not even that much interested - I simply like contests in music.:biggrin2: )

*lol* The German interpreter says "one week" instead of "one hour" :shocked::biggrin2:

:roftl:

I didn't mean it like everyone was supposed to know that, of course.:wink2:

I just said it because I acutally found it funny that I knew about it and someone from Germany didn't . :teehee:

(I was simply drawn into watching that show online one night as I had nothing else to do. Otherwise I was not even that much interested - I simply like contests in music.:biggrin2: )

Thought so. :wink2:

*lol* The German interpreter says

I didn't even notice that mistake. :roftl: Just, if Mika had really said one week it wouldn't sound any less credible to me than it already does. :teehee:

Just had to quote the bit where he's talking about being smashed drunk at his first showcase. :roftl:

"So I'm sitting there, and I'd finished a whole bottle of whisky. And my management opened the door of my dressing room, and I've just finished my first showcase - this was like five years ago - and I'm crawling on the floor. I'm crawling on the floor - I'm in my underwear - and I start crawling out of the dressing room. I'm walking around the venue and I'm completely... *wobbles*. And my management were so terrified that everybody would find out that I was this complete mess that they locked me in my dressing room. And they wouldn't let me out for about an hour, until everyone had gone home. I'm sitting there bashing on the door."

:roftl:

Way to be rock n roll, Mika. :punk:

Hm, I have to ask...where was Mama P at the time, didn't she use to follow him on his first gigs?:naughty:

Thank you Mariposa and everybody else :wub2: who have tried to get some sense out of this crazy interview, why do they have to talk German above the other voices? Doesn't German people speak English? The German people I've met is talking an excellent English!:wink2:

I finally saw the whole vid, thank you so much for it :thumb_yello:

That poor woman was so lost :blink: I can't believe how he (Mika) managed to stay so polite and even told funny stories :naughty:

I would love to hear him playing a guitar too :wub2:

I bet he told most of the stories just to entertain himself! :naughty:

that's a good theory:P

german TV has never been good, so i didn't think the interview was that bad, but the second part was a bit cringeworthy, specially the stupid contest..

lol, yeah. He actually seems to be panicking when the presenter ask him to read out a question. Looks like almost anyone sent in a question to Mika :aah:

We have a word here for what Mika does why the interviewer reaches the peak of embarrassing herself with her stupid singing. It's 'fremdschämen'. :roftl:

I like that term! :wink2:

I didn't even notice that mistake. :roftl:

Me neither...Can you imagine him being locked in that room for one week?! Poor boy :teehee:

why do they have to talk German above the other voices? Doesn't German people speak English? The German people I've met is talking an excellent English!:wink2:

I don't know. It's a really bad "tradition" is Germany. Basically everything is dubbed. i don't get the point of it either. I mean, in many other countries it works perfectly without the annyoing voice over voice.

It's a really bad "tradition" is Germany. Basically everything is dubbed. i don't get the point of it either. I mean, in many other countries it works perfectly without the annyoing voice over voice.

We follow that German 'tradition' over here, too: we have everything dubbed - on tv, on the radio and even at the cinema.

I have always hated it since it unintentionally basically generates a lazy attitude towards other languages and cultures.

I don't know. It's a really bad "tradition" is Germany. Basically everything is dubbed. i don't get the point of it either. I mean, in many other countries it works perfectly without the annyoing voice over voice.

this!!! that's the reason i only go to english cinemas. i am german so my german is obviously better than my english, but if i had the choice i'd rather hear Mika talk. they could just do subtitles.

We follow that German 'tradition' over here, too: we have everything dubbed - on tv, on the radio and even at the cinema.

I have always hated it since it unintentionally basically generates a lazy attitude towards other languages and cultures.

Fortunately we don't have this pretty dubious tradition and we never had. Nothing's dubbed here and when I was in Germany, Poland or Hungary I couldn't use myself to that device which makes fake human voice, language and the whole identity, especially when it comes to the sensitive artistic presentations.:wink2:

Fortunately we don't have this pretty dubious tradition and we never had. Nothing's dubbed here and when I was in Germany, Poland or Hungary I couldn't use myself to that device which makes fake human voice, language and the whole identity, especially when it comes to the sensitive artistic presentations.:wink2:

we always have subtitles in Polish cinemas :D

Archived