Mika on VIVA live 24.3.2010

mellody

:mf_rosetinted:I hope i will not scare you too much!:naughty:

:teehee:kidding!:wink2:i know. my Tokio Hotel fans are kinda annoying but they have brave hearts and always i can count on them!:wub2:

@lollipop_monkey,thank you for the translation!:wub2: and @Dark Angel for the screens!:wub2:

Ive posted a lot of snaps here and a few pages forward...

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22589&page=293

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here the (bad) translation for the first Youtube-part. I hope you can read it, I'm really tired at the moment ;) . Sometimes the translator says things different to what Mika says, then I translated whatever I could understand :naughty: .

Host: "Mika is a little bit longer in business and we want to......... ah , there he is already."

Host: "There you are already."

*hugs him*

Host: "There you are already."

"Nice you are with us!"

Mika: “I just walked on. I hope I didn’t do anything wrong.”

Host:” Noooo, you can’t do anything wrong here.”

*M. laughs*

Host: “We are all happy that you are here.”

M: “Thanks.”

Host: “ So, Mika, you’re a bit longer in business….”

M: “Oh no, not long. A couple of years now. I started when I was about 11 years old, I was singing in opera, there I was a young boy, I toured around the world, since… I put up my first records 4 years ago (oops, what did he really say? This is a mix of what he said and what the translator said :D)

In 4 years so much changed, but for most of the people these are only small steps. “

Host: “Well, I mean, 4 years after all , Jenny is present since the day before yesterday and now we want to know, just so that she doesn’t fall into oblivion, like it often goes so fast….”

Mika: “Two days ?!”

Jenny: “Yes.”

Mika: Oh wow. You know, there I’m always kind of perplexed when somebody goes from , like a TV show, and gets so much advertency in public and now you go out , do they identify you already?”

Jenny:” Yes, gnhn, really, they identify me instantly.”

Mika: “But in the space of two days it’s such a huge difference between beforehands and now ?!“

Jenny: “Yes, it’s a huge difference, they identify me, they want to take pictures with me, they want signatures…”

Mika: “And how you’re still sober and haven’t kind of (no idea what he says, but the translator says: and you’re still well grounded, and you didn’t hide yet, I would going crazy if this would be like this suddenly…)

Mod: “Mika, I’m happy that you get along so well and that should stay like this, but you’re also here because you have a new clip…asnds (whatever :D , no idea what she says here….)

Mika: “Oh yes…”

Mod: “And you are on tour.”

Mika: “I’m on tour, I played in Hamburg last night and today I’m playing in Berlin, then I go around the rest of Europe.”

Mod: “Okay, we will talk about this immediately, but first we want to watch your clip: Rain.”

*rain*

*clap clap clap*

Mod: Mika with rain. And…um… tell me Mika, you’re a bit longer in business now like I said, and I think at the beginning everyone makes mistakes… is there anything you regret?”

Mika: “Oh, I don’t know where to start, the most I was able to hide and it should remain like this, but of course….”

Mod: “No no no, today the time had come, you can start to get clean.”

Mika:”It’s like my therapy-couch.”

Mod: “Yeah, right, right, and I’m Doctor (?! Rasta?! )”

Mika: “Oh god, everything I remember ……….. (first show – story)

Mod: “Yeah, and then?!”

Mika: “Oh, I didn’t want to tell you more…”

Mod: “Yeah, and then……..AND THEN?!”

Mika: “And theeeen *continuing story….)”

Mod: “But where were the paparazzi theeeen? This is so sad, then you could have…”

Mika: “Well, see, the thing was that this was so…uhm…just at the beginning of my career and the people didn’t know exactly where I lived.”

Mod: “Okay, so this is what you do regret, and but not just stars regret things, also absolutely normal people…”

Mika: “But it was a mistake…well, how should I say…it all went really wrong.”

Mod: “But you can’t make amends for this anymore, There's no use crying over spilt milk“

Mika: “No no, I don’t, it was fine, I’m happy that it went like this, it’s important to have such desasters, it revives you….”

Here the (bad) translation for the first Youtube-part. I hope you can read it, I'm really tired at the moment ;) . Sometimes the translator says things different to what Mika says, then I translated whatever I could understand :naughty: .

Thanks! :thumb_yello:

you don't have to turn your head. I think you can see the young woman?? she turns her head away from us.

the old woman: the chain of the young woman is the mouth of the old woman...and the chin of the young one ist the nose of the old one... it's a bit strange...:boxed:

you don't have to turn your head. I think you can see the young woman?? she turns her head away from us.

the old woman: the chain of the young woman is the mouth of the old woman...and the chin of the young one ist the nose of the old one... it's a bit strange...:boxed:

i can see them both but i could see the young one better the first time when i leaned my head to the left

Finally I managed to watch it all.. From all the comments here on the interviewer I thank God I can't understand a word from her :roftl: She just annoyed me a bit with that high low voice training she's doing :naughty: It would've been lovely if they let him continue playing with the guitar though :wub2:

Hmmmm, his eyes impression was the same as when he told about Gertrude. :teehee:

I bet he fantasized a bit again, or exaggerated things about being drunk. The interview didn't look serious, and the host was a little silly, so why not to have fun?

Look at the last several seconds! He sits as he is ready to jump and run away as fast as possible. I don't think he enjoyed this show.

I agree with you. :wink2:

Thanks! :thumb_yello: A lot better now. :biggrin2:

Just had to quote the bit where he's talking about being smashed drunk at his first showcase. :roftl:

"So I'm sitting there, and I'd finished a whole bottle of whisky. And my management opened the door of my dressing room, and I've just finished my first showcase - this was like five years ago - and I'm crawling on the floor. I'm crawling on the floor - I'm in my underwear - and I start crawling out of the dressing room. I'm walking around the venue and I'm completely... *wobbles*. And my management were so terrified that everybody would find out that I was this complete mess that they locked me in my dressing room. And they wouldn't let me out for about an hour, until everyone had gone home. I'm sitting there bashing on the door."

:roftl:

Way to be rock n roll, Mika. :punk:

Somehow it looks good all written out :aah:.

And yeah, Mika, with this story you could definitely beat some of the hardcore rock'n'rollers :punk:

Hm, reading about everyone's impressions I don't really feel like watching it. I might get the feeling again that no German media channel will ever get him. :dunno: Although I have to say he seemed to click with the interviewer for the Baden Baden special appearance back in November.

But then again VIVA is just cr@p anyway.

It's not THAT bad actually. I mean, yeah, the interviewer doesn't act very smart, but Mika deals amazingly well with all the cr*p she keeps saying. I particularly love the bit in the beginning when neither Mika nor Jenny pay any attention to her :naughty:

Well, and then there's the guitar playing part of course.

Go watch it! :thumb_yello:

I agree with mellody. We've seen a lot worse in the German media.

I agree with mellody. We've seen a lot worse in the German media.[/color][/font][/b]

it gets worse? :shocked: it looks really unprofessional ('robert, read us any question, maybe one for mika'). poor mika, the things he has to get through sometimes for promotion. he tries to be so nice but you can see it's torture for him. no wonder he starts fabricating things, it seems like he'd rather talk himself before she asks another stupid question... :naughty:

it gets worse? :shocked: it looks really unprofessional ('robert, read us any question, maybe one for mika'). poor mika, the things he has to get through sometimes for promotion. he tries to be so nice but you can see it's torture for him. no wonder he starts fabricating things, it seems like he'd rather talk himself before she asks another stupid question... :naughty:

not sure, but i think this robert guy is someone from the audience whom they chose at the beginning of the show to be their "assistant" for the viewer's feedback - that's why it seems "unprofessional". :wink2:

generally, it's a show for teenagers, so you can't expect it to be really serious... but i'm very happy that mika gets on german tv at all, haven't seen any interviews on nationwide german tv with him since... dunno, 2007? :no: he needs some media exposure here and viva is, besides mtv, the most popular music tv channel in germany. at least the interviewer doesn't ask him about his sexuality or anything like that. i don't have the feeling that mika feels so tortured by the interview as such, i guess he was just tired and stressed. gigs in dusseldorf and wiesbaden, kick ass premiere in london, gig in hamburg, gig in berlin on the day of the interview, and, in between all of that, this interview and maybe some others? i think it would've taken a really brilliant and fantastic interviewer, like we've only seen it about 3 or 4 times at all worldwide, to make him forget about his work-stress and tiredness and really relax.

yes, he almost seems ok... just a little out of his element. i forget where else i've seen him where i thought, oh boy, he looks like he wants to get through this....

it must be hard though, to be on all these different shows in all kinds of countries and he's never seen the show so he doesn't know what he's gotten into and what level of quality....

plus, obviously he has to do this while being on such a demanding schedule...

oh well, hopefully it helps, and some of the kids watching viva want to buy his album now...:thumb_yello:

Archived