Mika on VIVA live 24.3.2010

mellody

this was posted by Brownie on the german forum, thanx to her (or him?) for the recording and the upload!! http://www.sendspace.com/file/h1u66m

it's a ca. 10 minute TV interview with mika from when he was in berlin 2 weeks ago. unfortunately they talk over his voice in german again. :aah:

don't have time for a full transcript now, but i'll tell you roughly what it's about...

first question: "you've been in the business for a while already..."

(i think you get his answer, basically :wink2:)

then the interviewer says that the girl who sits next to mika is in the business for only 2 days (if i understand it correctly, she's from some casting show), and he goes on about it, starting to sort of interview that girl about what it's like, totally forgetting his own interview :lmfao:, and finds it really unbelievable how she can handle it that from one day to the next, people want her autographs & pictures.

then the "new" videoclip rain... :aah:

next question is what he regrets (regarding his career) and first he says he managed to hide most of it and that's good :naughty: but then he tells the story we already know about him getting totally drunk before a show and the manager locking him in the wardrobe afterwards so he wouldn't make a fool of himself in front of the press. :naughty:

when the interviewer keeps asking "and then??", he says he invited 79 people to his apartment and they trashed his apartment, and he had to pay 15.000 pounds to have it fixed... that story sounds a bit made up to me, lol! :lmfao:

question to mika via mail: "is it true that you're a tokio hotel fan?" and then they talk about TH. :naughty:

then the interviewer asks "you can sing about 150 octaves, right?" - was meant to be a joke, but the way she said it was a bit strange... :blink: anyway, then she wants to make a contest about who has the widest voice range. :roftl: mika doesn't take part and finds the whole thing quite embarrassing, obviously. :naughty: it's funny though. and i love it how he takes the guitar in the end and starts playing, aww, i'd love to hear him playing guitar!! :wub2:

edit:

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@mellody: Ah, you posted it. Was thinking about it too. :thumb_yello:

The girl who was with him on the show is Jennifer Braun, who became second in "Unser star für Oslo" the German national pre-selection show for this year's eurovison song contest. (I'm sure you remeber Lena, the winner of this show and German participant in Oslo though, right? :wink2:)

I think the two of them get along quite well. She seems to be a lot shyer then Mika though when she talks - he really upsatges her. (no wonder :wub2:)

I don't really like the presenter. She seems kinda "dumb" to me, but maybe that's just an image?! Haven't watched this music channel in ages.

But, besides all, the interview went quite well for Mika.

- I love it when he just walks in without being announced before :teehee:

- him playing the guitar is definitely s.th. I would love to see more often (plus hear him play it, obviously :wub2:). And I suppose I'm not the only one. :wink2:

- Love the story about the screaming girls outside a hotel ("who ran away from home" quote Mika) to see Bill (the singer of TH)...and then Mika looks out of the window and they are disappointed :roftl:

- The host also asks Mika whether he knows the TH guys. Mika then answers that they are always surrounded by loads of bodyguards so he could never really speak to them. The host then says she was gonna arrange a meeting next time. Whereupon Mika says s.th. like "oh, that's how you're doing it here" lol.

- lo, the alcohol story also seems a bit "exagerated" to me. Since the host is so pushingly asking him for more details, he just says anything. (or: it might also be the truth?! Who knows? :wink2:)

- the octave-testing thingie is a bit silly IMO. Especially since the host keeps repeating the ridiculously number of 150 octaves...I know she meant it as a joke, but it didn't come accross as one to me...Have a look at Mika's face when he first gets it translated, he goes like "wtf?"

That's what I remeber from my memory. Need to watch it again to tell you more...but will maybe do that tomorrow...gonna post a few screens in a few minutes.

Wait, does Mika play guitar? :blink:

it looked like that to me. not sure if he ever learnt it though... you can only hear him play for a few seconds.

Mika3.jpg

Jennifer & Mika having their own private conversation, the host feels left out :roftl:

@mellody: Ah, you posted it. Was thinking about it too. :thumb_yello:

The girl who was with him on the show is Jennifer Braun, who became second in "Unser star für Oslo" the German national pre-selection show for this year's eurovison song contest. (I'm sure you remeber Lena, the winner of this show and German participant in Oslo though, right? :wink2:)

I think the two of them get along quite well. She seems to be a lot shyer then Mika though when she talks - he really upsatges her. (no wonder :wub2:)

I don't really like the presenter. She seems kinda "dumb" to me, but maybe that's just an image?! Haven't watched this music channel in ages.

But, besides all, the interview went quite well for Mika.

- I love it when he just walks in without being announced before :teehee:

- him playing the guitar is definitely s.th. I would love to see more often (plus hear him play it, obviously :wub2:). And I suppose I'm not the only one. :wink2:

- Love the story about the screaming girls outside a hotel ("who ran away from home" quote Mika) to see Bill (the singer of TH)...and then Mika looks out of the window and they are disappointed :roftl:

- The host also asks Mika whether he knows the TH guys. Mika then answers that they are always surrounded by loads of bodyguards so he could never really speak to them. The host then says she was gonna arrange a meeting next time. Whereupon Mika says s.th. like "oh, that's how you're doing it here" lol.

- lo, the alcohol story also seems a bit "exagerated" to me. Since the host is so pushingly asking him for more details, he just says anything. (or: it might also be the truth?! Who knows? :wink2:)

- the octave-testing thingie is a bit silly IMO. Especially since the host keeps repeating the ridiculously number of 150 octaves...I know she meant it as a joke, but it didn't come accross as one to me...Have a look at Mika's face when he first gets it translated, he goes like "wtf?"

That's what I remeber from my memory. Need to watch it again to tell you more...but will maybe do that tomorrow...gonna post a few screens in a few minutes.

Ooooh, nice pic with the guitar, Mariposa. Now I have to download the video, even though I was meant to go to bed :naughty:

T4P mellody! :thumb_yello:

But IMO it's a perfect example of vicarious embarrassment... the interviewer really annoys me with her questions (I agree with mariposa :wink2:), especially with the octave-testing thing. In fact, SHE is "singing" all the time and there wasn't a real involvement of Mika and Jennifer... very strange. She also seems a bit rude to me, always repeating things she said before ("you've been in the business for a while already", feeling excluded when Mika at the beginning starts a conversation with Jennifer and so on). Maybe it's just me but in between Mika seemed to be a bit irritated by her as well... :naughty:

But I really liked the story about Mika and Tokio Hotel in Paris. And I would have loved to see/hear more of him playing the guitar! :biggrin2:

T4P:thumb_yello:

He seems to have a grasp of the guitar, wonder if he's been learning how to play, while on the road.

I think I'd have poured a bucket of water over the TH fans, if I'd have been him!:naughty:

T4P:thumb_yello:

He seems to have a grasp of the guitar, wonder if he's been learning how to play, while on the road.

I think I'd have poured a bucket of water over the TH fans, if I'd have been him!:naughty:

that'd be so awesome if he started playing guitar. :aah:

Just another talent of Mika's. :blush-anim-cl:

I wouldv'e totally done that too. :naughty:

Archived