Mika @ Sept à Huit TF1: 18 April 2010

Droopsy

Grandma: Oh my God, he is crazy like you!!! He seems to by sympathetic tough, all smiles ... even if he's a millionaire (point being???)

Mum: J'ai fait un clone de Mika (I made a Mika clone) + Mika and you could have met in a London museum wearing your masks... because I had a Touthankamun mask on while in british museum few years ago ... no comment... except: I would have loved meeting him in a museum in London!!!:)

For me, it's honnestly one of the best documentaries about Mika ive ever seen. it was really natural i mean, without trivial montage etc... its was good =D

he was so adorable and so funny.

agreed. wonderful documentary. :wub2: i enjoyed every second of it. he was really adorable and his family is so great, too.

Ok here is the first part of the translation

This morning, Mika has a meeting in the London suburbs to prepare his next tour. This tall lanky young man wasn't able to sell his songs just 4 years ago. Today, he can afford the George Lucas studio, a huge warehouse created for the making of Star Wars. 30 meters under the ceiling, and a team made of 25 people working hard. A lot of resources at the service of the unbridled imagination of this new pop star.

Mika : It's cool, we're having fun.

Interviewer : It's impressive.

M: Yes it's not bad. Here are my planets. The thing with my planets is that they are totally white, but when you put UV light on them, you realise they're entirely painted like planets with craters and stuff.

More than a planet, it's a universe that Mika managed to impose with a few hits, like Relax, take it easy, a chorus that went all around the world. A coloured and childish style, a high pitched voice and above all a rhythm which irresistibly makes you want to dance. This is Mika's trademark.

In only 3 years, he has already sold 8 million albums. Michael Penniman, aka Mika, is an exceptionally talented 26 year old man. Songwriter and singer, he takes care of everything, including costumes and set for his next tour. Everything is made in this warehouse. This is where he feels the best. In the core of this princesses and dragons world coming out of his imagination.

M : I love it. This is like a big fluff, but it's a tree, decorated with a small lion, leaves, hearts, clocks, which is all my universe's language.

I: You look like a child discovering his toys.

M: They're my toys for the next 4 months.

A big boy who dreams in the middle of his toys, and who hasn't completely cut the umbilical cord (Sorry it's a French idiom, meaning he's not totally independent)

M : Here are my mother and my sister making the stuffing for my Toy Boy.

At the back of the room, it is indeed Mum, professional costume maker, making him a giant doll, with Paloma and Jasmine, his two big sisters. Mika has always been protected by the women in his family.

M: And here is my man! He's great isn't he? My mother made it.

I: Does your son give you a lot of work?

Mrs P : A little bit.

Paloma : He needs us so that everything works.

M: I need help.

Mrs P: He has always been the same. He has always been mad like this. He has always wanted huge dolls and always wanted to create fantasy since he was a child. He's the same as before.

End of first part!

This morning, Mika has a meeting in the London suburbs to prepare his next tour. This tall lanky young man wasn't able to sell his songs just 4 years ago. Today, he can afford the George Lucas studio, a huge warehouse created for the making of Star Wars. 30 meters under the ceiling, and a team made of 25 people working hard. A lot of resources at the service of the unbridled imagination of this new pop star.

M: Yes it's not bad. Here are my planets. The thing with my planets is that they are totally white, but when you put UV light on them, you realise they're entirely painted like planets with craters and stuff.

More than a planet, it's a universe that Mika managed to impose with a few hits, like Relax, take it easy, a chorus that went all around the world. A coloured and childish style, a high pitched voice and above all a rhythm which irresistibly makes you want to dance. This is Mika's trademark.

In only 3 years, he has already sold 8 million albums. Michael Penniman, aka Mika, is an exceptionally talented 26 year old man. Songwriter and singer, he takes care of everything, including costumes and set for his next tour. Everything is made in this warehouse. This is where he feels the best. In the core of this princesses and dragons world coming out of his imagination.

M : I love it. This is like a big fluff, but it's a tree, decorated with a small lion, leaves, hearts, clocks, which is all my universe's language.

A big boy who dreams in the middle of his toys, and who hasn't completely cut the umbilical cord (Sorry it's a French idiom, meaning he's not totally independent)

At the back of the room, it is indeed Mum, professional costume maker, making him a giant doll, with Paloma and Jasmine, his two big sisters. Mika has always been protected by the women in his family.

Mrs P: He has always been the same. He has always been mad like this. He has always wanted huge dolls and always wanted to create fantasy since he was a child. He's the same as before.

End of first part!

I am translating the part after he plays the piano...when he's at home with his sister... so u have less work

C'est magnifique!

I haven't even watched the vid with the translations & it is excellent.

Mika didn't fib about it being the first tour of his home.

The last time he sat in the living room or did that vid from his bedroom & bathroom - but this is an actual tour.

I also thought Mika looked really vulnerable at 7:07 when the annoucer is talking about Mika being dyslexic. I don't know what Mika is reacting to but he does look really vulnerable there for a moment.

Oh - there is so much to love about this interview & tour.

Edited by Kodes100

C'est magnifique!

I haven't even watched the vid with the translations & it is excellent.

Mika didn't fib about it being the first tour of his home.

The last time he sat in the living room or did that vid from his bedroom & bathroom - but this is an actual tour.

I also thought Mika looked really vulnerable at 7:07 when the annoucer is talking about Mika being dyslexic. I don't know what Mika is reacting to but he does look really vulnerable there for a moment.

Oh - there is so much to love about this interview & tour.

I completely agree...he looks not just vulnerable, but innocent for that moment...aww..just wanted to give him a hug! haha

What a lovely documentary!!! I love the format of it... touring his life etc. then ending with footage of a gig-- it was the perfect combination of his personal life and his beautiful shows and really highlighted how much he loves what he does!

I also love his family :) Yasmine is so cute, and they are so cute together! And lastly, Jimmy's little dance down the hallway at 12:50 made me laugh :roftl:

Here are a few snaps I took, sorry they're not that great quality, and the 'pause' sign is in the way a little bit in a few :mf_rosetinted:

picture23p.png

picture22o.png

picture21.png

picture20z.png

picture18dg.png

picture16kj.png

picture15r.png

picture14s.png

picture13z.png

Translation of the second part:

Mika's childhood is first of all an incredible crossbreeding. Half Lebanese from his mother, half American from his father, he grew up in Paris before settling in England.

M: I'm a percentage of all these countries, and not only one country.

I : Is that an asset?

M : It is an asset, but it can maybe give some identity complex. For a musician, it is not a problem, it gives us personality, it helps.

Mika still lives at his parents', in Kensington, a rich district in London. He lives in the basement of the family house. Mika sleeps, works and composes in these 50m². We could believe we are in one of his music videos, a small tangy world, populated with multicoloured objects, like these Mexican figurines, or this collector bike from the 40s.

M : I collect. I'm always collecting things. For example, I found these masks in China, and they don't really look like anything, but when you put them on, they become something..

Excentric Mika, and to find the evidence of it, you just need to go to his wardrobe, and have a look at all his shoes.

M: It's probably not even a quarter of all the shoes I have. I have a lot more shoes. And, I don't know, I think they are really pretty, so they're not worth putting in a suitcase.

I: Are they shoes for the stage or do you also wear them on the streets?

M: In the streets too, of course. Not these ones, no. I am not going to go to the supermarket wearing these.

In all those collections, there is also inheritance from his childhood. French music discs, in which he finds a part of his inspiration.

M: I grew up with songs by Moustaki, Barbara, Aznavour, Gainsbourg, France Gall.. When I'm sad and I need to be alone and listen to some music, I always listen to French music.

Moments when he is down, because in Mika's past there are also some cracks. At 10, he becomes dyslexic. Failing at school, he shuts down on himself and takes refuge in music. His best friend is then this piano, that he always keeps preciously in his living room.

M: This is the piano that we had in our flat in Paris. It is very cheap, it is totally broken. I wanted to play the piano but because I was dyslexic, I am dyslexic, I couldn't read notes, so if I wanted to play something I had to make up melodies. And this is how it started. I made melodies up.

Mika has developed his own way of composing music.

M : I stand in front of it and I think about a story. So it can start for example with...(plays) There are imaginary movies in my head. So I think of a short scenario and on the piano I am writing the music. And then I write a song on it. 'Blue eyes' :wub2:

An experienced pianist, with an exceptional voice which covers 3 octaves and a half. Mika has chosen his career since he was 12. His family followed him. Today they still work together. It's with his sister Jasmine that he prepares the presentation book for his next tour.

And now I'm handing it over to Mikaleyshialicious :wink2:

part 3:

Mika has chosen his career when he was 12 and his whole family followed him (helped him). Today, he's still working in a tribe. That day he's working with his sister, Jasmine, to prepare the presentation book of his next tour. photos, illustrations and even mannequins, everything is home made

showing photos of painted people

M: that's my brother, Fortuné, who is currently studying architecture. He's 18. Those are all friends from his class.

Everybody participates, but in the end, it's Mika who decides

Mika and Jasmine talking in english

Mika has his eyes on everything. For the people close to him, it's not always easy to compose(?) with his exigent, as well as phantasque (a lot of phantasiy) personality.

J: We really want to offer the people who buy this photos that they can not access that easily. It's not ... (sees Mika with his very nice and serious looking mask)

interviewer: Isn't he to difficult to handle the little brother?

J: oh no, very easy

I: Do you have arguments sometimes?

M: Constantly, we often have arguments

J: I was going to say no

M: Liar! You are lying now. You are lying you are lying, just like your concealer (make up to hide the rings under the eyes... dunno if that is a concealer...) you are lying.

Mika likes to have the last word, in his family as in his career.

In the beginning, no recording company would accept this song. It was labelled as too shifted (not matching the times we are in) and not formatted enough.

VIENNA

Stubborn, he refuses to change his style (note for myself: luckilyyyy) and makes himself known on the internet. The success is immediate. Since then, he tours all over the world. Two weeks ago, he was in Vienna, Austria. Promotion, non stopping interviews in big/nice hotels is everyday life.

M: It get's slightly annoying if it's the 10th time in the same hotel but no it is pleasant we cannot complain

I: Lassitude?

M: Not yet, but maybe in an hour

Mika plays the game with his eternal cocktail of elegance and professionalism.

He has even learnt some words in german (sorry but he does not speak german there:) ) for the occasion

Mika speaks austrian (I think)

But the ?(can't hear the word) teen isn't always far away and when the journalist takes his guitar out, Mika sings with him

Too bad for his press attachés who get impatient because other journalists are waiting. Mika, for himself, is having fun!

Edited by Mikaleyshialicious

I have just come across this thread and wanted to thank you for the translation. :flowers2:

I have saved all parts - now I want to see the video itself:teehee:

End of first part!

picture23p.png

picture22o.png

picture12bg.png

picture11s.png

picture10xl.png

picture9zu.png

Translation of the second part:

Mika's childhood is first of all an incredible crossbreeding. Half Lebanese from his mother, half American from his father, he grew up in Paris before settling in England.

M: I'm a percentage of all these countries, and not only one country.

I : Is that an asset?

M : It is an asset, but it can maybe give some identity complex. For a musician, it is not a problem, it gives us personality, it helps.

Mika still lives at his parents', in Kensington, a rich district in London. He lives in the basement of the family house. Mika sleeps, works and composes in these 50m². We could believe we are in one of his music videos, a small tangy world, populated with multicoloured objects, like these Mexican figurines, or this collector bike from the 40s.

M : I collect. I'm always collecting things. For example, I found these masks in China, and they don't really look like anything, but when you put them on, they become something..

Excentric Mika, and to find the evidence of it, you just need to go to his wardrobe, and have a look at all his shoes.

M: It's probably not even a quarter of all the shoes I have. I have a lot more shoes. And, I don't know, I think they are really pretty, so they're not worth putting in a suitcase.

I: Are they shoes for the stage or do you also wear them on the streets?

M: In the streets too, of course. Not these ones, no. I am not going to go to the supermarket wearing these.

In all those collections, there is also inheritance from his childhood. French music discs, in which he finds a part of his inspiration.

M: I grew up with songs by Moustaki, Barbara, Aznavour, Gainsbourg, France Gall.. When I'm sad and I need to be alone and listen to some music, I always listen to French music.

Moments when he is down, because in Mika's past there are also some cracks. At 10, he becomes dyslexic. Failing at school, he shuts down on himself and takes refuge in music. His best friend is then this piano, that he always keeps preciously in his living room.

M: This is the piano that we had in our flat in Paris. It is very cheap, it is totally broken. I wanted to play the piano but because I was dyslexic, I am dyslexic, I couldn't read notes, so if I wanted to play something I had to make up melodies. And this is how it started. I made melodies up.

Mika has developed his own way of composing music.

M : I stand in front of it and I think about a story. So it can start for example with...(plays) There are imaginary movies in my head. So I think of a short scenario and on the piano I am writing the music. And then I write a song on it. 'Blue eyes'

An experienced pianist, with an exceptional voice which covers 3 octaves and a half. Mika has chosen his career since he was 12. His family followed him. Today they still work together. It's with his sister Jasmine that he prepares the presentation book for his next tour.

part 3:

Mika has chosen his career when he was 12 and his whole family followed him (helped him). Today, he's still working in a tribe. That day he's working with his sister, Jasmine, to prepare the presentation book of his next tour. photos, illustrations and even mannequins, everything is home made

showing photos of painted people

M: that's my brother, Fortuné, who is currently studying architecture. He's 18. Those are all friends from his class.

Everybody participates, but in the end, it's Mika who decides

Mika and Jasmine talking in english

Mika has his eyes on everything. For the people close to him, it's not always easy to compose(?) with his exigent, as well as phantasque (a lot of phantasiy) personality.

J: We really want to offer the people who buy this photos that they can not access that easily. It's not ... (sees Mika with his very nice and serious looking mask)

interviewer: Isn't he to difficult to handle the little brother?

J: oh no, very easy

I: Do you have arguments sometimes?

M: Constantly, we often have arguments

J: I was going to say no

M: Liar! You are lying now. You are lying you are lying, just like your concealer (make up to hide the rings under the eyes... dunno if that is a concealer...) you are lying.

Mika likes to have the last word, in his family as in his career.

In the beginning, no recording company would accept this song. It was labelled as too shifted (not matching the times we are in) and not formatted enough.

VIENNA

Stubborn, he refuses to change his style (note for myself: luckilyyyy) and makes himself known on the internet. The success is immediate. Since then, he tours all over the world. Two weeks ago, he was in Vienna, Austria. Promotion, non stopping interviews in big/nice hotels is everyday life.

M: It get's slightly annoying if it's the 10th time in the same hotel but no it is pleasant we cannot complain

I: Lassitude?

M: Not yet, but maybe in an hour

Mika plays the game with his eternal cocktail of elegance and professionalism.

He has even learnt some words in german (sorry but he does not speak german there:) ) for the occasion

THX ! :fangurl: :fangurl: :fangurl: :fangurl: :fangurl: