REPORTS / VIDEOS / PICTURES: Mika @ Le Dome, Marseille, France - 23 April 2010

Droopsy

Psssh darlin', we actually were on the road :mf_rosetinted:

Don't expect of me to confirm if they only played it or not, I actually don't remember haha. But I think he only played it, because I don't remember him singing this song too, or maybe just a bit. Oh my, I can't remember Guy.

J'espère que tu m'as reconnue hein ! ^^

He told us, when he saw us waiting for him "in line", that it was like a "big family" picture. I'm glad it kinda looks like that ! :P

Anyway... Oh hi there ! I finally went back home this evening after a six hours long travel by train, I'm not that exhausted and also going to post a quick report. Thanks Guy for posting the setlist (and thanks to Maria (from staff) who gave it to me), I posted it quickly this afternoon when we were having lunch in Nîmes and didn't had time enough to come to post it here.

I was a Big Girl last night and also loved wearing this wonderful corset for the third time, I kinda missed it since 2008... not that I feel totally comfortable wearing it, but imo, it's like magic, it makes people feel good and beautiful. John, Mrs P, Jasmine, Zuleika and Maria have been really really nice with us, as usual, and helped us a lot (mainly Jasmine, Maria and Mrs P). I saw you hiding next to me during Lollipop Tiibet, you weren't the worst Big Girl ever at all !!

I also enjoyed the show even if we missed some songs. Seeing Relax opening the show again was a great surprise ! I prefer it to Rain, because Relax goes crescendo and it's, imo, the best song Mika could pic atm to open his show. I looooved Good Gone Girl's intro with Ida too. We saw the second Relax next to the stage, and they let Kick Ass play after that, and the band were still one stage, except Mika, and it's was good dancing on it even if it wasn't live.

I think that's all, I did a huge report on the Mikawebsite but it's not that easy to write the same thing in english... we also met Mika after the show, and did some pics, as Tiibet wrote. I was looking for something in my bag when they decided to take a third picture and got the chance to be slapped (thankfully, not too hard ^^) by Mika's hand :naughty:. He asked me if I was ok, I should have said no :mf_rosetinted:. He has been really nice with us, even if he had to hurry up, that was a nice meeting ! /endofamiserablereportinenglish

EDIT : someone found a second video of Lollipop, and this time, it's the "end" :

ah! voila! of course i recognized you! :naughty: thank you for the report.... were you going to lyon also? :fisch:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, the train actually stopped in Lyon but we quietly stayed in the train... ^^ it's too bad that uni starts again on Monday (and that I still have things due Monday to write :naughty:)...

oh :naughty: too bad! but it's soon over no?

oh :naughty: too bad! but it's soon over no?

Yes, we only still have one week classes (and exams), the one coming, and then we are going to write exams again. I might be able go to the Luxembourg gig, I'll see because I don't have any tick.

Hi !

I was there yesterday and I did Lollipop Girl ! It was sooo great, magical, amazing :wub2: The new show is fantastic and Mika was very good, he seemed very happy to be here =)

Sorry, my english is not good enough to write a real report :s

I have one photo of the group, you can see Tiibet and some people of the french fan club ;)

p1110510.jpg

wonderful photo:wub2:

Thank you !! My eyes aren't weird on that one :biggrin2:

(could you please send it to me if I give you my email address in a PM ?)

Of course, just let me know you email address, I emptied my PM box!

It was lovely to meet you, thanks for all your help!! :wub2:

Of course, just let me know you email address, I emptied my PM box!

It was lovely to meet you, thanks for all your help!! :wub2:

I'msending you a PM right now, I can send you the original picture of the first version if you want them. And no problem for the help :wink2:, it was nice to meet you ! =)

I'msending you a PM right now, I can send you the original picture of the first version if you want them. And no problem for the help :wink2:, it was nice to meet you ! =)

that's a nice picture of you... your eyes look much better! :aah:

Here is a great vid of GGG posted YT user Cabassoun:

Ida's voice is beautiful!

I have a stupid question: Is that the same Ida he performed with in Stockholm?

EDIT: Wow, i just realised that apparently she is. Wow. That's quite a difference. My overall impression at Stockholm was a bit of 'WTF'. I didn't think her singing at Over My Shoulder added anything. And during HE she missed her cue which was a bit embarrassing to watch. Especially as you could literally read the 'WTH' on Mika's forehead. She seemed WAY out of her comfort zone there. And now I can see why. :doh: That GGG version is quite different and pretty impressive.

Edited by violet_sky

My overall impression at Stockholm was a bit of 'WTF'. I didn't think her singing at Over My Shoulder added anything. And during HE she missed her cue which was a bit embarrassing to watch. Especially as you could literally read the 'WTH' on Mika's forehead. She seemed WAY out of her comfort zone there. And now I can see why. :doh: That GGG version is quite different and pretty impressive.

yes, as a backing singer iMMa does a perfect job and Ida's presence was never really necessary on Happy Ending, in my opinion. I always performances when Mika did it on his own (with the audience..:blush-anim-cl:) Ida is an opera singer and Mika seems to have found a perfect way to show her talent during a pop concert. :thumb_yello:

I love this intro to GGG.:wub2:

I have a stupid question: Is that the same Ida he performed with in Stockholm?

EDIT: Wow, i just realised that apparently she is. Wow. That's quite a difference. My overall impression at Stockholm was a bit of 'WTF'. I didn't think her singing at Over My Shoulder added anything. And during HE she missed her cue which was a bit embarrassing to watch. Especially as you could literally read the 'WTH' on Mika's forehead. She seemed WAY out of her comfort zone there. And now I can see why. :doh: That GGG version is quite different and pretty impressive.

Agreed. Quite different impression to me as well.:wink2:

yes, as a backing singer iMMa does a perfect job and Ida's presence was never really necessary on Happy Ending, in my opinion. I always performances when Mika did it on his own (with the audience..:blush-anim-cl:) Ida is an opera singer and Mika seems to have found a perfect way to show her talent during a pop concert. :thumb_yello:

I love this intro to GGG.:wub2:

It is nice that we have different opinions.

I think Ida's voice really adds to Happy Ending & helps make it special.:thumb_yello:

I really like her part in the live hsow too!:thumb_yello:

:aah: was waiting for someone else to be critical eheh

we're not there for her anyway..please cut the opera part short :teehee:

I like Ida's voice & part in the show too!:thumb_yello:

Very beautiful version of GGG, only Mika can do something like this, but I´m afraid Ida´s "Queen of the nigth " by Mozart is not the best i have ever heard...:emot-sad:

She shouldn't sing using a microphone in the first place and it's not even an opera theatre with a quiet audience. :wink2: It's not supposed to be the best vocal performance of that aria, which is definitely difficult btw! :aah: But I quite liked the effect on the whole. Unexpected and entertaining! And her voice was great in my opinion, especially in Over My Shoulder and Blame It On The Girls.

It is nice that we have different opinions.

I think Ida's voice really adds to Happy Ending & helps make it special.:thumb_yello:

of course we view it differently since I actually heard HE live several times at concert, with and without Ida . My opinion is based on my experience in real life.:wink2:

When Happy Ending is not a duet, the audience gets a chance to be more interactive and sing along so the song becomes MUCH MORE POWERFUL.

As for Ida's voice at a concert - I wonder how many people actually heard the aria sung live and within the opera itself.... But even if you have, you can't compare the voice you hear at a pop concert when the voice is amplified and the voice you hear at an opera house where the singer sings without a mic.

I love the idea of this Mozart bit being the intro and I'm dying to hear it live one day.:blush-anim-cl: