• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are, as I promised, the pics :wink2:

http://img405.imageshack.us/g/immagine29b.jpg/

Thank you sooo much :wub2::thumb_yello::flowers2:

Thanks for the article.

Some of it was a bit contrived (like Mika talking about how he played Cirque d'hiver. Um yeah, Christian was there, I think he knows. :freak:) and probably more formal than they really speak to one another, but it seemed otherwise fairly genuine.

I thought exactly the same ! :naughty: I told to myself "but he was there, I saw him a couple of rows from me ! :naughty: "

Thanks! :roftl:

What is mascarra and eyeliner in French? :teehee:

We do say mascarra and eyeliner in French :wink2:

We do say mascarra and eyeliner in French :wink2:

Yeah, but we definitely lack those beautiful "concept-words" like manbag, manscara or guyliner... i wish we had words for that...

My father could definitely use the concept of manbag, since he refuses to carry a handbag !! He got his camera stolen on the plane recently, because he left it in his suitcase as his pockets were already full !! A nice manbag would have saved him !!! :teehee:

I think it's a pretty radical interpretation of his comment to say that he is dismissing the mundane when it is clear from his art and the response he got that he finds as much awe in the mundane as he does the fantastical.

Well I think it's pretty clear from his art too. That's why I found his comment inconsistent and thought it worth mentioning. :naughty:

Although in reading it again I think he is possibly saying that we have a higher power to thank for the ability to be in awe of anything, whether it's mundane or otherwise.

We have no context in which to know where along that spectrum Mika finds himself at any given moment.

So, Mika could as easily be imply that Loubi should be grateful to anything from a specific diety to all that is pure and good in the universe. Again, we lack the context to know his specific meaning/implication.

As for what Mika believes, we only have allusions and implications in edited emails taken out of the context of a relationship we know little about between people we know even less about. It's fun to read, but doesn't give us any deep, meaningful insight into Mika's beliefs or spiritual journey. It doesn't even give us enough information to guess if he considers himself on a spiritual journey.

Yes of course, that is why I said I'm curious to know. :wink2: I would love to ask him and investigate what he really thinks, but since that is unlikely to happen, I just thought I'd wonder out loud here.

I actually know the answer, but that's a far longer essay than I intend to write for this forum because it is tangential to this discussion.

Yes it is tangential so I won't respond except to say that I appreciate you taking the time to answer and I think I understand what you are saying.

I'm not starting a religious debate, and I will most definately delete my post if it offends anyone.. :thumb_yello:

No, no it's a great answer. :thumb_yello:

I thought exactly the same ! :naughty: I told to myself "but he was there, I saw him a couple of rows from me ! :naughty: "

:naughty: It sounds like someone went through and fleshed out some of the details, otherwise it may not have made much sense to the average reader.

As for what Mika believes, we only have allusions and implications in edited emails taken out of the context of a relationship we know little about between people we know even less about. It's fun to read, but doesn't give us any deep, meaningful insight into Mika's beliefs or spiritual journey.

Based on what we can read, however, it is very clear that he has no strong opinion on religion either because he hasn't fully figured out his own thoughts about the subject or simply because it is a sensitive and complex issue and as a public figure you do respect other people’s sensitivity about it.

... reading it again I think he is possibly saying that we have a higher power to thank for the ability to be in awe of anything, whether it's mundane or otherwise.

Yes, it is the idea of the ’transcendent’ that goes beyond the empirical knowledge of a human being, but it does not necessarily mean (a) God.

To sum up, Christian does not believe in God, Mika believes in a higher power but haven’t yet figured out what that is, and neither of them fully accept the views of the Catholic church...The two of them are not in full contradiction. I hope more blogs will follow... :teehee:

Quite interesting and funny "interview". Nice to read:teehee:

I really like this relationship between Mika and Loubi.

Some parts of their email conversation are kinda strange and not the original, I mean, who believes they write that less slang:lmfao:

Quite interesting and funny "interview". Nice to read:teehee:

I really like this relationship between Mika and Loubi.

Some parts of their email conversation are kinda strange and not the original, I mean, who believes they write that less slang:lmfao:

For sure! :wink2:

I saw the magazine in the shop today and thought hmmm shall I buy it? Then I looked at the price and it was 18 euros so I passed:mf_rosetinted:

I'm curious who is gonna buy it being so expensive :blink:

He would lie, of course! :roftl::roftl:

We have to ask a question concerning the content of the email conversation. A question, from which he can't guess it's from the article and when he answeres: Uhm..What?

We know: This is fake!