Turkish interview 30-05-2010

Couldn't find a thread about this one:

http://sabah.com.tr/kultur_sanat/muzik/2010/05/30/ne_o_ne_de_digeriyim_ben_sadece_mikayim

"What is it, nor am I just another Mika'yım"

CULTURAL GÜLTEKİN mine? ART 30/05/2010 Michael Holbrook Penniman, his stage name Mika. Happy singles ready to maneuver a 3.5 octave voice with all kinds of completely original

Some liken it to Freddie Mercury, Robbie Williams, said some new, some find the taste of Frankie Vallie. But in fact, one copy of what he does, nor does anything have been done before ... Michael Holbrook Penniman, his stage name Mika. Please listen to the songs in the first disarming, but the natural form of colorful and 3.5 octave voice ready to maneuver through all kinds of completely original. Even "just a nice compliment Mercury analogy," he modestly enough, in just 15 minutes with his song Grace Kelly will sell 3 million, so even a "child." Last three years to overturn the UK charts in 1983 with musician and this year 2 once held under Freshtival year. Mica, evening concerts, before he answered the questions.

A little tired of being likened to someone: Famous artists in their first time, usually they are trying to find where they are inspired and ever shall be likened to someone. To understand what we are doing the comparison and positioning accordingly. Frankly, this situation has me a little bit boring, but I understand them. My challenge will be with my long career, after a while my people what he, nor one that I am not, I'm only in this way Mika, I've done business with to understand.

Pop it better: My father American, Lebanese mother. I was born in Beirut, I lived in France and England. I mingled with other cultures. And he can explain our point of view to music, music is not only concerned with fashion or not something is cool. Music for everyone, something that belongs to the whole world. Which is kind of pop me smile. Like a bad thing for the '90s pop alıgılanırdı words. Now it is referred to as a kind of good again. Again became the artistic and creative. And more free, business people from his seat with his directive is now being done.

Michael Jackson could not believe his death: Michael Jackson has died in Los Angeles'taydım and death for two days really could not believe I just heard the news. His life was very difficult and sad, really very painful death. He changed everything in music. Pop music has been redesigned. Prince or Michael Jackson without what would have been Beyonce, Rihanna, nor what someone else. The names because they create the music of today.

I'm a super hero's in full: My school was very hard times. Alias alias names of people from me, afraid I would not bother me. I'm still a bit like that in real life. I can not say I'm the one struck out too much. I am very comfortable and confident, but I'm doing my music, I do not hide anything, I'm brave. It was like a super hero, I feel like Superman. I'm really show what I am and nobody can touch me I feel. Sometimes only 10 minutes to get my songs to do. Come back when I started to write very fast. For example, while junk food in front of the television at the moment I saw something on television and "That" he would start writing.

I now have their own home!: To be famous so much that has changed my life, my friends are still the same people are not increased and the numbers at the moment. But now I can pay my bill, my electricity is not cut and I could get myself a house. We lost everything we had lots of time with my family, we lost our house twice a. But now it feels really good to my own home. We still live with my family but only in the same apartment. I moved to my new home in July. And I do not think anyone to give the address. (Laughs) because so many people coming to my house. I'm forced to hide them. Who is knocking at my door, some glass ... Who writes letters. Romanians, for example one of the three nights he lay in front of my door, I called the police but did not do anything.

Very fun to play backgammon: I came to Istanbul on Friday night and the night 2-3 as we go Mescit'e Asmalı. I liked it in the streets. Yesterday we visited the throat, and in Ortaköy Kurucesme. Istanbul is a really nice city. I sat in a cafe and play backgammon, it was fun. Turkish food in London, England, because in fact I know I have a lot of Turkish friends.

70 years in music can leave: I continue to constantly renew my only goal. To pop and it will continue to make differences at times. If it goes as I think 70 goals when it comes to my age, "now full" and every thing I can leave.

I Let Google-translator do the work, so it's probably not all very understandable English....:wink2:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe he feels the need to leave his house because people flood him with letters and go there to meet him. Although I can imagine that it must be very annoying, especially for the rest of his family... :boxed:

I can't believe he feels the need to leave his house because people flood him with letters and go there to meet him. Although I can imagine that it must be very annoying, especially for the rest of his family... :boxed:

He didn't say he moved to avoid people. Just that he's not giving them his new address. :naughty:

i don't think this is the reason why he's moving

Romanians, for example one of the three nights he lay in front of my door, I called the police but did not do anything.

:boxed:what?!my goodness!a romanian fan?!:shocked:i hope it's a google mistake and isn't true!

Romanians, for example one of the three nights he lay in front of my door, I called the police but did not do anything.

:boxed:what?!my goodness!a romanian fan?!:shocked:i hope it's a google mistake and isn't true!

I'm like WTF too right now but I'm afraid it is not a google mistake if you open the link in Turkish and you read Romanyalı :sneaky2:

I'm like WTF too right now but I'm afraid it is not a google mistake if you open the link in Turkish and you read Romanyalı :sneaky2:

He could have simply said a fan in general but adding a nationality from outside Western Europe makes it all seem like he is well-known in far-away places...:teehee:.

This is not to say that the story is not true, but he sounds more like he is proud of it rather than being annoyed about it..

:boxed:i'm not feel proud at all...in fact i feel extremely ashamed!

:mf_rosetinted:i thought,again,the stalkers are Tokio Hotel thing:mf_rosetinted::mf_rosetinted:

:blink:and i was so proud with this mature ,well behavior Mika fandom and i always give like an exemple to TH fandom ...:mf_rosetinted:

He didn't say he moved to avoid people. Just that he's not giving them his new address. :naughty:

i don't think this is the reason why he's moving

According to the interview it's one of the reasons why he will enjoy his own place. That's what I understand. Perhaps the translation is not clear. :dunno: Anyway I don't think it's nice when you get tons of mail from fans, especially for your birthday or Christmas, and other people have to get rid of it for you. The family may be more interested in getting letters from friends and relatives.

I spoke to the girl who interviewed him on twitter over the past 3 days, here's what she said.

LukeDonegan @minegultekin have fun interviewing MIKA <3 I love him so much, he's amazing. Ask him "Wallet or Purse" he will understand :)

minegultekin @LukeDonegan thank you! i just have 3 hours for that and i'm so excited! =) i try to ask your question, ok =)

LukeDonegan @minegultekin OMG!! You don't have to, I really didn't think I'd get a reply. In paris he bought a wallet that his band and some fans thought looked like a purse.

minegultekin @LukeDonegan God! good memento i think! bythway he was incredible! before i love him, now i'm crazy for him! i hope i can see him again soon

I think she will be joining here soon haha, She seems really nice :)

844872673407.jpg

635770811859.jpg

According to the interview it's one of the reasons why he will enjoy his own place. That's what I understand. Perhaps the translation is not clear. :dunno: Anyway I don't think it's nice when you get tons of mail from fans, especially for your birthday or Christmas, and other people have to get rid of it for you. The family may be more interested in getting letters from friends and relatives.

Wasn't it Mika himself who very precisely pointed the exact location of his house to anyone who wanted to find it? By taking pics of himself at the door, and posting all sorts of details (in interviews) about the particulars of the house which would make it very easily identifiable?

And if I remember correctly, he has also often said how "amazing" it was to receive all sorts of presents at his home from fans, etc...

So yeah, I doubt that this is a big issue for him, and for sure it wouldn't be the reason why he wanted to move.

Also, let's see how long it takes him to open his big gob again and point everyone to his new address :aah: (IF he has actually moved, which I still don't fully believe, tbh)

Wasn't it Mika himself who very precisely pointed the exact location of his house to anyone who wanted to find it? By taking pics of himself at the door, and posting all sorts of details (in interviews) about the particulars of the house which would make it very easily identifiable?

And if I remember correctly, he has also often said how "amazing" it was to receive all sorts of presents at his home from fans, etc...

So yeah, I doubt that this is a big issue for him, and for sure it wouldn't be the reason why he wanted to move.

Also, let's see how long it takes him to open his big gob again and point everyone to his new address :aah: (IF he has actually moved, which I still don't fully believe, tbh)

I feel free to have my own opinion on the topic. :wink2:

I feel free to have my own opinion on the topic. :wink2:

Nobody has said that you can't have your own opinion on this, as on anything else :thumb_yello:.

But sometimes, some opinions can be based on facts or information, which automatically makes them more, how can I say this, "potentially accurate" than others which are based on one's own perceptions or "feelings" :naughty:.

Nobody has said that you can't have your own opinion on this, as on anything else :thumb_yello:.

But sometimes, some opinions can be based on facts or information, which automatically makes them more, how can I say this, "potentially accurate" than others which are based on one's own perceptions or "feelings" :naughty:.

Do you still believe what Mika says or tells his fans? :roftl:

Fan: Hey Mika, did you like the birthday present I sent to your place? :pinkbow:

M: FFS! :aah: Will you stop sending me stuff at home? :mad3: Bloody fans! :furious::bash:

Fan: :shocked::crybaby:

:lmfao:

I don't think he's ever actually named the street he lives in, and the only pics I've seen of front doors, are the one taken by the News of The World, when he painted it, and the Sun, when the paps went mad when Gaga was at his house, not exactly him taking pics of himself at the door! So unless you actually went looking for where it was, I don't think you'd know where it was.

And yes, he did say he liked getting presents delivered to the door, but if he's moving, he'll have a whole different set of neighbours, who may not be as happy to have fans coming and going at all times of the day and night, screaming his name out, at any movement at the windows!

So he might not be so forthcoming in giving out a new address.

Do you still believe what Mika says or tells his fans? :roftl:

Fan: Hey Mika, did you like the birthday present I sent to your place? :pinkbow:

M: FFS! :aah: Will you stop sending me stuff at home? :mad3: Bloody fans! :furious::bash:

Fan: :shocked::crybaby:

:wink2: What's your point, Laura?

As an example of what I meant, listen to a Jo Whiley interview that he did, where he SPONTANEOUSLY started telling Jo how "amazing" it was that he kept getting presents sent to his house. He wasn't telling his fans, he was telling Jo.

Also, on the "Mika telling fans things" that are true or untrue, it's just like any other interaction that he might have with fans or with anyone else. If he is being coaxed into saying something (ie, "Mika, do you remember me?" etc...) he may give a white lie if that is not the case. But very often he will say things himself, which are spontaneous, and both positive and negative. There is no reason to believe that he's not telling the truth. We all have eyes and ears to allow us to draw our own conclusions as to wether he is being truthful there, or making up a little lie for whichever reason.

And, in any case, back to the topic, I can't see him receiving a lot of stuff at his house. It's like the story of the fan camping out for 3 days at the door; All these stories sound a bit embelished to me.

I can't imagine the volume of things that he gets sent being so large, that it forces him to move house from a place that he's just spent tons of cash in doing up :insane:

Anyway, as I said before, you can believe whatever you like-It's a free world.

Me too... Too much conflicting information :aah:

He's always giving different stories :roftl:

Archived