Turkish interview 30-05-2010

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think he's ever actually named the street he lives in, and the only pics I've seen of front doors, are the one taken by the News of The World, when he painted it, and the Sun, when the paps went mad when Gaga was at his house, not exactly him taking pics of himself at the door! So unless you actually went looking for where it was, I don't think you'd know where it was.

And yes, he did say he liked getting presents delivered to the door, but if he's moving, he'll have a whole different set of neighbours, who may not be as happy to have fans coming and going at all times of the day and night, screaming his name out, at any movement at the windows!

So he might not be so forthcoming in giving out a new address.

Going out with Gaga, who he well knows is hounded by paps 24/7, and taking her to his place, effectively constitutes taking pics of himself, or, if you want to be super technical about it, being totally ok with them being taken :naughty:.

Re the address, he might have not given out the exact street name, but to any astute observer who knows the area a bit, he has given enough hints that can pinpoint one to the exact location with a very small margin of error. Add in then the "particular" look of the house (also very widely broadcast in interviews) and hey, there you go.

In any case, I really really really don't think that he finds fans at his door all the time, or even any of the time.

Do you still believe what Mika says or tells his fans? :roftl:

Fan: Hey Mika, did you like the birthday present I sent to your place? :pinkbow:

Yes, well then there are also fans who don't ask him anything at all and he very publicly draws everyone's attention to it. :doh:

I don't think he's ever actually named the street he lives in, and the only pics I've seen of front doors, are the one taken by the News of The World, when he painted it, and the Sun, when the paps went mad when Gaga was at his house, not exactly him taking pics of himself at the door! So unless you actually went looking for where it was, I don't think you'd know where it was.

And yes, he did say he liked getting presents delivered to the door, but if he's moving, he'll have a whole different set of neighbours, who may not be as happy to have fans coming and going at all times of the day and night, screaming his name out, at any movement at the windows!

So he might not be so forthcoming in giving out a new address.

If Mika is genuinely annoyed by receiving anything at his house, he needs to - pardon my bluntness - shut his mouth and not whisper a word of where he has moved to (if indeed he has). At this point all he's said is that he bought a house in London. That could be anywhere from, say, Enfield to Mitcham or something - so he should keep his mouth shut and leave it at that. And he also needs to refrain from going on national radio and gushing about how great it is when people leave gifts on his doorstep.

In all honesty I think Mika's pretty easy to figure out. He's like anyone else, really - people are going to be offended by me saying this, but my guess is that he likes receiving certain presents, things he actually has some use for. And there have been times where he has received something and then made an effort to seek out the fan who sent the gift, thanking him or her for it (without any prompting on the part of the fan).

That being said, I can't imagine Mika, his parents, or his neighbours (old and new) would be too keen on fans camping out on his doorstep or peering in his windows. And why would anyone need or want to send him things to his house? Anyone who goes to a show can give him gifts afterward in many cases, or else gifts can be sent through his management.

I think it's a bit of a leap to assume he felt forced to move because of the fan attention. It sounds more like he got to the point where he was somewhat embarassed about living in the same building as his parents, and in such a small space. My guess is that he probably wanted to move because he wants more space when entertaining and working.

Not to mention that he himself said he lives near Gloucester Road Tube Station. :lmfao:

Well, that is exactly what I mean :roftl:

Yes, well then there are also fans who don't ask him anything at all and he very publicly draws everyone's attention to it. :doh:

Yes, that is very true :naughty:. Not to mention occasions where someone gives him a present, and then he blurts out how he LOVES this one, but that he often gets so much crap that he really doesn't like, blabla :lmfao:

I totally agree with Mana; He needs to start keeping his mouth shut if he really doesn't want to receive certain attention. He's said too much in the past.

I thought it was kind of cute living with his family. Maybe he "forgot" to mention that they're all gonna move next to his new place

Why would they move? He paid off their mortgage :aah:

Or perhaps that was a lie.

According to the interview it's one of the reasons why he will enjoy his own place. That's what I understand. Perhaps the translation is not clear. :dunno: Anyway I don't think it's nice when you get tons of mail from fans, especially for your birthday or Christmas, and other people have to get rid of it for you. The family may be more interested in getting letters from friends and relatives.
well he doesn't seem to dislike very much fans' attention, it has its pros and cons :wink2:

he often says that his apartment is small, so IMO this is the main or one of the reasons why he's going to move

Why would they move? He paid off their mortgage :aah:

Or perhaps that was a lie.

I missed that one- when did he say that?

Perhaps he's moving from the basement to the attick...:wink2::naughty:

That's it- that is definitely what he means- I could believe that- otherwise I've got nearly as many doubts about the new house as about the new dog. Besides, if he just doesn't like the fan attention at his old house, all he has to do is keep saying he's moved- he wouldn't have to actually move. Not that I imagine he has that many people knockng at the door

I missed that one- when did he say that?

Oh Lord knows, it was ages ago. Certainly not this year. Perhaps 08 or 09? But I remember reading it and it stuck with me cos it's one of the best/nicest things you can do with your money IMO.

:wink2: What's your point, Laura?

As an example of what I meant, listen to a Jo Whiley interview that he did, where he SPONTANEOUSLY started telling Jo how "amazing" it was that he kept getting presents sent to his house. He wasn't telling his fans, he was telling Jo.

Also, on the "Mika telling fans things" that are true or untrue, it's just like any other interaction that he might have with fans or with anyone else. If he is being coaxed into saying something (ie, "Mika, do you remember me?" etc...) he may give a white lie if that is not the case. But very often he will say things himself, which are spontaneous, and both positive and negative. There is no reason to believe that he's not telling the truth. We all have eyes and ears to allow us to draw our own conclusions as to wether he is being truthful there, or making up a little lie for whichever reason.

My point is politeness. And also gratefulness, I guess. :wink2:

Oh Lord knows, it was ages ago. Certainly not this year. Perhaps 08 or 09? But I remember reading it and it stuck with me cos it's one of the best/nicest things you can do with your money IMO.

A mortgage on a london house can't have been small either. Though there might not have been much left, I suppose

I can't get my brain round how much people like Mika earn. Even though his album isn't doing too well, he'll still be rolling in it by normal standards

A mortgage on a london house can't have been small either. Though there might not have been much left, I suppose

I can't get my brain round how much people like Mika earn. Even though his album isn't doing too well, he'll still be rolling in it by normal standards

I know right? It's insane. Hey, his second album might not have been as successful as his first, but LiCM sold about 5million and TBWKTM sold about 2million. That's like...loads.

And why would anyone need or want to send him things to his house? Anyone who goes to a show can give him gifts afterward in many cases, or else gifts can be sent through his management.

That's what I would like to know, too! Because I know lots of people who send him stuff to his private address and consider his place as one of London's major sights. :teehee:

Anyway, I guess that the fans who send him letters and presents home wish to attract his and his family's attention. They wish to be known personally and recognized at gigs.

PS I never said that this was the reason why he was moving out.

Anyway, I guess that the fans who send him letters and presents home wish to attract his and his family's attention. They wish to be known personally and recognized at gigs.

That is weird. Why would anyone want to be recognised as someone to be avoided?

Exactly :naughty:.

But this is all speculation anyway. I doubt that there are many people sending these things, and if there are, that Laura knows them or knows them all, in order to know their motivation :dunno:

Plus, Mika has a great memory, and one doesn't need to send him anything home in order to be "recognised", if that is the way that people were to be inclined...If you go to a few gigs he will remember your face if he sees you at the front and/or after the gig. He often even remembers where people come from :shocked:.

My point is politeness. And also gratefulness, I guess. :wink2:

You mean the gratitude shown by giving him a gift? :wink2:

They wouldn't. Which brings us back to our original point that Mika is giving it positive attention, not negative attention.

:blink:

Do you think that those who send him stuff to his place are aware that they may be doing something 'wrong'? :confused:

Archived