Rose .. btw .. I respect you for sticking to your guns:thumb_yello:

If you really really feel that would come off then dont back down!:thumb_yello:

Im not going to sit back and say yeh! that would be awesome when Im not sure in my mind it would come off .. ya know?:biggrin2:

I think we can only dicuss for a week or so longer then we need to either make an effort or ditch it:thumb_yello:

Thank you:blush-anim-cl:

I'll go around and see what confetti I can find today, in gold?

Don't want to get the wrong colour.

See if I can find white gloves too, being summer that might be tricky, but if I find good cheap ones, I'll let you know where I found them:thumb_yello:

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See if I can find white gloves too, being summer that might be tricky, but if I find good cheap ones, I'll let you know where I found them:thumb_yello:

So ballloons happy ending no go?

o

People are different :dunno:

I haven't been to gigs in Korea or Portugal, but I can tell you something: the audiences in Japan were MENTAL. Completely mental. Like I have never seen before.

People were like a sea of crazed bodies, and they would have been ready for anything. I have never seen anything like that before, and I am thinking that it won't happen in Edinburgh. I may be wrong, but I think thta you just can't compare these differet personalities.

Also, remember that in Portugal (and I think Korea too) this was all staged and organised (and paid for) by the promoters. It's a very different kettle of fish to do it independently.

Anyway, obviously it's your choice what you do, and I hope that it works out for you, but I'm just giving my two (realistic,I think) cents on it for what it's worth.

No the promotors didn't paid for the events in Korea :wink2: I tried to fund for this for event, from fans in Korea fanclub.

I ran an idea contest in MIKAHOLIX first. many fans participated on this. and admins (include me) selected few, as you see Paper planes...glowing lollies...etc. Hundreds of fans participated on this..(we even had several votes for each process) after that we made some teams for each project and worked on the budget. it took just one day to make 300$ for the event.

Can you guys let me tell you something about this? well in Korea, when Mika does a gig in Seoul , at least half of the whole audience are MIKAHOLIX members. thousands. so I can easily make things out and control the majority of audience. but not like that in UK... is it?

I don't know how things worked out in Portugal... but its not easy to control things and persuade every single person to do the event. I had to promote about that about 2 months. It will take time ... :biggrin2:

No the promotors didn't paid for the events in Korea :wink2: I tried to fund for this for event, from fans in Korea fanclub.

I ran an idea contest in MIKAHOLIX first. many fans participated on this. and admins (include me) selected few, as you see Paper planes...glowing lollies...etc. Hundreds of fans participated on this..(we even had several votes for each process) after that we made some teams for each project and worked on the budget. it took just one day to make 300$ for the event.

Can you guys let me tell you something about this? well in Korea, when Mika does a gig in Seoul , at least half of the whole audience are MIKAHOLIX members. thousands. so I can easily make things out and control the majority of audience. but not like that in UK... is it?

I don't know how things worked out in Portugal... but its not easy to control things and persuade every single person to do the event. I had to promote about that about 2 months. It will take time ... :biggrin2:

Hey!

Yes I thought it was along those lines .. I meant to PM you

If fact I may to get some advice .. controlling half the people .. is wayyy easier for sure:thumb_yello:

That's even better! 1500 for 30? Count me in to share expenses :thumb_yello:

I can see that too...:wub2: And we're gonna make that happen!!!

To reopen the bar sounds ace...may i join you all for a drink even if i haven't been there before? :wink2:

Yeah!!! come and join us ti's great. Pull up a bean bag and chill:naughty:

It's great to get your input on this, as you have done it before:thumb_yello:

I hope that we can get people in the queue excited enough to join in, obviously they may not want to, but if we can get enough interested, it could make for an incredible night!

I think gold is fine! :thumb_yello:

But I still like the idea of the heart shaped confetti (http://www.bestballoons.co.uk/acatalog/Heart_shaped_Confetti.html), cause they had golden confetti already in Korea (if i remember that right :teehee:) But if the heart shaped ones are to expensive, golden is perfect for me too, why shouldn't we use golden as well! :thumb_yello: Thanks for looking after the confetti!

I think gold is fine! :thumb_yello:

But I still like the idea of the heart shaped confetti (http://www.bestballoons.co.uk/acatalog/Heart_shaped_Confetti.html), cause they had golden confetti already in Korea (if i remember that right :teehee:) But if the heart shaped ones are to expensive, golden is perfect for me too, why shouldn't we use golden as well! :thumb_yello: Thanks for looking after the confetti!

I will look for heart shaped confetti in my quest:thumb_yello:

If I can get it, golden heart shaped confetti:wink2:

Hey!

Yes I thought it was along those lines .. I meant to PM you

If fact I may to get some advice .. controlling half the people .. is wayyy easier for sure:thumb_yello:

in Korea half of the audience are MIKAHOLIX members. all we have to do is put some notice on our forum and encouraging people to write things about our events on various forums..like pop forums.. concert forums....even football forums :naughty:

but in UK, not half of the whole audience are MFCers. that's the thing...

so I guess you should make thousands of small notice papers about the event. or....bring a megaphone to the venue...and make a speech to the crowds...:naughty:

It's great to get your input on this, as you have done it before:thumb_yello:

I hope that we can get people in the queue excited enough to join in, obviously they may not want to, but if we can get enough interested, it could make for an incredible night!

yep! you can tell the crowds that if the events are going successfully on the venue, whole audience and MIKA will have really really special moments together.... :biggrin2:

*quietly walks in on eggshells*:teehee:

Ok guys i feel this is dragging out too long and feel something positive has to be done! I have found a vendor on Amazon who has white heart shaped balloons for £2.99 for pack of 10 + £1.99 shipping. Anjybaby and i are going to buy 2 packs each which should cover all mfc!! if they want to join in. I will post the link in case anyone else wishes to but any for 'handing out to others' Hope this is ok but we need to get this SHOW ON THE ROAD!!!!!!!!!!! Still open to any other ideas that may be on the table:thumb_yello:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/inches-WHITE-Heart-Balloons-pack/dp/B000WMGDU2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=sports&qid=1279108102&sr=8-2

Cool!! At least all the MFC-ers can participate if they feel like it.

I did pm Ingie the other day as i found 1500 white balloons for 30.00 approx cant exactly remember now but i thought the 'buying team' could all chip in it wouldnt be that much. Just a thought. :thumb_yello:

Thats a very good offer. This way we could have balloons for everyone at a realtively low cost if quite a few people contribute to gather 30 pounds.

I will look for heart shaped confetti in my quest:thumb_yello:

If I can get it, golden heart shaped confetti:wink2:

I hope you find exactly that!!! It'd be fantastic to have golden heart-shaped confetti:wub2:

Psssssht easyjet have changed my flight on sunday to a late night one. To hell with that, I'm switching, as soon as they update it on my online booking.

We meeting up for drinkies the night before, like at Eden? That was so much fun. :biggrin2:

Gonna do some painting for the tees this week, haven't read back through the thread since I got back from Barca, but I see from the RSVP list that Robi's coming now so YAY!

Psssssht easyjet have changed my flight on sunday to a late night one. To hell with that, I'm switching, as soon as they update it on my online booking.

We meeting up for drinkies the night before, like at Eden? That was so much fun. :biggrin2:

Gonna do some painting for the tees this week, haven't read back through the thread since I got back from Barca, but I see from the RSVP list that Robi's coming now so YAY!

Yeah!!! Cant wait to see the design for the T's. :thumb_yello:

No one is asking you to give anything.

I'm not exactly flush myself, and we don't even know if we are allowed balloons yet, so my idea for them may go down the flusher.

We wanted to do a big thing because it seemed to work well at the Asian, Portuguese gigs, and also at some of the festivals in the last week or so.

And as it's pretty much the last gig of the run (just the Arbon show after it), it's a great way to end the run on a high, and we haven't really done anything like this at any of the UK shows as such.

We can still have fun, but I think it's a nice way to show Mika how much we thank him for the shows.

:thumb_yello::insane::yay:

Just did some ringing round party shops, and in the paper confetti, it's just rose petals, and metallic mostly happy birthday or ages, but it's possible one may have stars, possibly hearts, coming in next week. I'll call them back then. I'll see what I can find in town.

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24114

YA!:thumb_yello:

oh that won't be a problem at all, i've no doubt that i'll have fun

never had more fun in my life than at my first Mika gig:teehee::wub2:

Oh yes! I remember my first gig like it was yesterday... and you went a second time, two days ago? :thumb_yello:

My second Mika gig by 7th August:mf_lustslow:

Honestly, if "anyone" was reading this thread trying to find that out, they'd need a full time MFC-reading job to shift through all the chitchat and find the details :lmfao:

Its a paid job?:aah:

I'm still reading...:teehee:

Just a thought I had about bubbles? They would be portable, cheap to buy, you could hand them out with a small note attached about when to use them, theres no mess and nothing to blow up.

I've seen some amazing ones which you can touch, maybe not for everyone as they are more expensive but maybe for any MFC'ers who want to buy them and basic cheapy ones for the rest of the crowd.

Touchable bubble wand

Smaller touchable bubbles

Normal bubbles

It's just another idea to think about, I love the balloon idea but agree that it would be harder to blow them up during the gig and to have them ready at the beginning would be easier.

Can be an option:thumb_yello:

This is a dense thread, I'm feeling like in a jungle :teehee::roftl:

But why? You are entitled to your opinon

Yes it would probably look awesome but someone shouldn't be made to feel they have to conform- we live in a democratic society

yes then you`ll be told - well you dont need to join in in your choose we wont force you .... dont take any further its not worth it .

We can look into it that way and question how freedom can be strange sometimes.

But we're here for one common goal I think, and by all different opinions we should work together.

The better thought its how we are going to enjoy ourselves collectively.

Public reactions in general can't be predicted

Archived