• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If some of us are happy with doing something different and fun at the gig, I don't see that there's anything wrong with that.

We all have different ways of enjoying gigs, I don't have a problem with people who just want to dance and singalong to the music, I like doing that too. But if some want to express their enjoyment in other ways, I don't see there's anything wrong with that either.

I certainly don't think they should be made to feel worthless for wanting to have fun in a different way to others.

And if it adds to the enjoyment of the show, which we've seen something similar done at other shows, this isn't a one off thing, I don't know why there is such a downer on it!

When we started planning things for this gig, I was perfectly chilled and enjoying how things were going, but since then, it seemed like whenever I said anything to add to the fun, it got shot down and dismissed, hence the reason I got upset. I wondered if anyone else had come up with the idea, would it have been put down as much.

I'm not giving up on this, I maintain it can work, in one form or other. And not everyone has to join in, if they don't want to (I feel like I'm on a loop repeating that, over and over). I was inspired by the girls in Korea, Japan and Portugal. I think they did a fantastic job with what they did, and I think we can do the same, and make it a spectacular end to the run of shows for the Summer!

If some of us are happy with doing something different and fun at the gig, I don't see that there's anything wrong with that.

We all have different ways of enjoying gigs, I don't have a problem with people who just want to dance and singalong to the music, I like doing that too. But if some want to express their enjoyment in other ways, I don't see there's anything wrong with that either.

I certainly don't think they should be made to feel worthless for wanting to have fun in a different way to others.

And if it adds to the enjoyment of the show, which we've seen something similar done at other shows, this isn't a one off thing, I don't know why there is such a downer on it!

When we started planning things for this gig, I was perfectly chilled and enjoying how things were going, but since then, it seemed like whenever I said anything to add to the fun, it got shot down and dismissed, hence the reason I got upset. I wondered if anyone else had come up with the idea, would it have been put down as much.

I'm not giving up on this, I maintain it can work, in one form or other. And not everyone has to join in, if they don't want to (I feel like I'm on a loop repeating that, over and over). I was inspired by the girls in Korea, Japan and Portugal. I think they did a fantastic job with what they did, and I think we can do the same, and make it a spectacular end to the run of shows for the Summer!

Rose, a lot of ideas have been suggested and discussed, not just yours, I think the difference between this gig and the ones you mentioned was that they had a lot of co-operation from the venues themselves, which sadly I can't see happening in the UK. Also I think a lot of people were at cross purposes, the MFCers will already have shelled out for t-shirts/hoodies/wristbands etc; we were talking about something else involving the whole audience, hence all my remarks about cost.

Personally I would love to see a net of heart balloons, released over the audience during HE - that would be spectacular - but as I say, without the co-operation of the venue it would be impossible to arrange.

Yes, totally agreed. Which is what I keep saying as well. Each to their own, live and let live, etc…

And I don’t think that anyone has ever disagreed with that, or said that this shouldn’t be the case?

Also, it’s not even so much as people enjoying or wanting to do things differently, but also certain people will feel like doing things in certain ways depending on the day, circumstances, etc… For example, at some gigs I feel like filming it all, and others I just don’t. I don’t know why that is, but it’s just a mood of the moment type thing. At some gigs I jump like a loon and at others I’m more chilled. Nobody always operates the same in all circumstances and this is just another reflection of it.

Ok, sorry if I am going to sound harsh here, and it is not my intention to upset you, but honestly, Rose, if you feel worthless because someone doesn’t agree with you all the time, then I think that the problem lies in your perception, and maybe you should work on that, instead of trying to acuse others of slamming you down, etc…

Everyone has been perfectly nice and civil whilst DISCUSSING things here. There is the key word: discussion. It’s been a dialogue. Why would anyone take this as a personal affrontation and say that they are made to feel worthless baffles me, but I’m positive that nobody has said anything that would grant you (or anyone else for that matter) the right to make this statement. One could even turn that around and say that you are being confrontational by having this tantrum, so maybe you could think about that. How do others feel when you have an outburst like that, saying that they are doing things to make you feel bad?

Easy: because, clearly, everyone hates you and are out to get you.

I mean, really???? Why are we even having this conversation?

Again, and without any intention of upsetting you (I feel like I need to say this all the time now so that you don’t go into one) you’re being paranoid. Many people have suggested things and they have been considered/dismissed in equal measures. Why is it that when YOU make suggestions, if they don’t get a standing ovation, you get so upset? This is just how life works, Rose, and quite frankly, I don’t understand how you can survive it if little things like these get your nose so out of joint.

Can’t we all just chill and have a normal, friendly, measured conversation, without all this paranoia floating around?? Congratulations, you’ve done it, I am out of this discussion now.

It’s really not worth the hassle and the aggro.

Just to point out: Nothing was organised in Japan, nothing happened there. It was only Korea and Portugal, and on both occasions the venue and/or promoters had a very heavy hand in organising it.

And yes, of course I agree that it would be spectacular and lovely, and that Mika would love it. I never said anything to the contrary. I hope that it works and you can pull it off.

Rose, a lot of ideas have been suggested and discussed, not just yours, I think the difference between this gig and the ones you mentioned was that they had a lot of co-operation from the venues themselves, which sadly I can't see happening in the UK. Also I think a lot of people were at cross purposes, the MFCers will already have shelled out for t-shirts/hoodies/wristbands etc; we were talking about something else involving the whole audience, hence all my remarks about cost.

Personally I would love to see a net of heart balloons, released over the audience during HE - that would be spectacular - but as I say, without the co-operation of the venue it would be impossible to arrange.

Just had to quote you for being the voice of reason. Thank you. I agree.

Yes, totally agreed. Which is what I keep saying as well. Each to their own, live and let live, etc…

And I don’t think that anyone has ever disagreed with that, or said that this shouldn’t be the case?

Also, it’s not even so much as people enjoying or wanting to do things differently, but also certain people will feel like doing things in certain ways depending on the day, circumstances, etc… For example, at some gigs I feel like filming it all, and others I just don’t. I don’t know why that is, but it’s just a mood of the moment type thing. At some gigs I jump like a loon and at others I’m more chilled. Nobody always operates the same in all circumstances and this is just another reflection of it.

Ok, sorry if I am going to sound harsh here, and it is not my intention to upset you, but honestly, Rose, if you feel worthless because someone doesn’t agree with you all the time, then I think that the problem lies in your perception, and maybe you should work on that, instead of trying to acuse others of slamming you down, etc…

Everyone has been perfectly nice and civil whilst DISCUSSING things here. There is the key word: discussion. It’s been a dialogue. Why would anyone take this as a personal affrontation and say that they are made to feel worthless baffles me, but I’m positive that nobody has said anything that would grant you (or anyone else for that matter) the right to make this statement. One could even turn that around and say that you are being confrontational by having this tantrum, so maybe you could think about that. How do others feel when you have an outburst like that, saying that they are doing things to make you feel bad?

Easy: because, clearly, everyone hates you and are out to get you.

I mean, really???? Why are we even having this conversation?

Again, and without any intention of upsetting you (I feel like I need to say this all the time now so that you don’t go into one) you’re being paranoid. Many people have suggested things and they have been considered/dismissed in equal measures. Why is it that when YOU make suggestions, if they don’t get a standing ovation, you get so upset? This is just how life works, Rose, and quite frankly, I don’t understand how you can survive it if little things like these get your nose so out of joint.

Can’t we all just chill and have a normal, friendly, measured conversation, without all this paranoia floating around?? Congratulations, you’ve done it, I am out of this discussion now.

It’s really not worth the hassle and the aggro.

Just to point out: Nothing was organised in Japan, nothing happened there. It was only Korea and Portugal, and on both occasions the venue and/or promoters had a very heavy hand in organising it.

And yes, of course I agree that it would be spectacular and lovely, and that Mika would love it. I never said anything to the contrary. I hope that it works and you can pull it off.

Just had to quote you for being the voice of reason. Thank you. I agree.

Firstly, I don't expect people to agree with me all the time, I welcome ALL opinions, just because I really push for something I feel strongly about (and I'm not dismissing any other ideas, if you read all my posts, you see that I support all the ideas, if it's possible, I'd love to do all of them), I don't see anything wrong with that. It just means I have found something that I really like the idea of, and am happy to see it through, not something I really get to do on here. Don't really get the chance to participate in many things, so when I do, I will put everything into it, if I can.

Secondly, I don't have a problem with being disagreed with, I like a healthy debate. If it stays a healthy debate.

And what you say about being made to feel worthless and the perception of it, there is no smoke without fire, maybe it takes work on both sides.

And I've been civil, it's just when I've had to keep repeating myself over and over, saying the same thing 20 times, because what I've said either got missed or not read in the first place, is when I started getting a little stressed. I'm sure if you had to constantly repeat yourself, to get yourself understood, you'd be a little testy too.

Also as I said earlier I support all the ideas, so what you say about discussing in equal measures, I'm totally up for it, like with the white gloves, I love that idea, and am happy to go out and get a pair right now. I only questioned the confetti, as I got the wrong end of the stick and thought it wasn't allowed, but as we could do it, I'm really up for that. Of course I'm going to put more emphasis on my idea, as I would think Vicky would on hers, and Shoni on hers, and I will be behind them on that, because it's their idea. I don't think I should be berated for feeling more passionate towards my idea.

My mistake about Japan, I thought they had done something.

And I only defend myself if I feel I need to, otherwise I'm perfectly chilled and happy , as everyone here knows.

Teehee. I am gonna meet you. Woo :punk: Could you all please stick GIANT labels on your heads that have your usernames on it so I know who is safe to talk to and who is not.

Today I stuck a lable on my back saying hug me,and the boy i fancy came up to me and hugged me:wub2:

Sure! You'll be just looking for the user name right? (just in case someone remembers to put a Danger! Keep out! sticker as well:teehee:)

:biggrin2:

My lovely kind lovely boss :mf_rosetinted: gave me the time off:wub2:

So .... I may come either the Sat or Sun .... and go back Tuesday .. early

So we should all do a Sunday night meet!:thumb_yello:

At Sunday? Uhm I really need confirmation on all these plans so I can book room and train:thumb_yello:

(Being single I'm still able to find room yet)

*quietly walks in on eggshells*:teehee:

Ok guys i feel this is dragging out too long and feel something positive has to be done! I have found a vendor on Amazon who has white heart shaped balloons for £2.99 for pack of 10 + £1.99 shipping. Anjybaby and i are going to buy 2 packs each which should cover all mfc!! if they want to join in. I will post the link in case anyone else wishes to but any for 'handing out to others' Hope this is ok but we need to get this SHOW ON THE ROAD!!!!!!!!!!! Still open to any other ideas that may be on the table:thumb_yello:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/inches-WHITE-Heart-Balloons-pack/dp/B000WMGDU2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=sports&qid=1279108102&sr=8-2

Ok guys i feel this is dragging out too long and feel something positive has to be done! I have found a vendor on Amazon who has white heart shaped balloons for £2.99 for pack of 10 + £1.99 shipping. Anjybaby and i are going to buy 2 packs each which should cover all mfc!! if they want to join in. I will post the link in case anyone else wishes to but any for 'handing out to others' Hope this is ok but we need to get this SHOW ON THE ROAD!!!!!!!!!!! Still open to any other ideas that may be on the table:thumb_yello:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/inches-WHITE-Heart-Balloons-pack/dp/B000WMGDU2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=sports&qid=1279108102&sr=8-2

Cool!:thumb_yello:

Is there any particular confetti we should bring?

Gold maybe?

Agree .. I Still feel the best thing would be to get "x" amount of balloons launched before Relax.The effect even if say 500 of the 1500 do it would be amazing.

Nice,easy,simple.

Im open to anything really,the success of the other ideas was that it was simple.

Lets do something , what that is Im not too fussed , but lets at least try .. even if we get a few hundred doing it

Agree .. I Still feel the best thing would be to get "x" amount of balloons launched before Relax.The effect even if say 500 of the 1500 do it would be amazing.

Nice,easy,simple.

Im open to anything really,the success of the other ideas was that it was simple.

Lets do something , what that is Im not too fussed , but lets at least try .. even if we get a few hundred doing it

I did pm Ingie the other day as i found 1500 white balloons for 30.00 approx cant exactly remember now but i thought the 'buying team' could all chip in it wouldnt be that much. Just a thought. :thumb_yello:

God i need a drink wish the butterfy bar was still open FD, i need an iv Baileys . :naughty:

Rose .. btw .. I respect you for sticking to your guns:thumb_yello:

If you really really feel that would come off then dont back down!:thumb_yello:

Im not going to sit back and say yeh! that would be awesome when Im not sure in my mind it would come off .. ya know?:biggrin2:

I think we can only dicuss for a week or so longer then we need to either make an effort or ditch it:thumb_yello:

:thumb_yello: I found the same balloons on the german amazon website. I'll see if i can get some more too :wink2:

Oh, and i found a pair of white gloves at home - they usually belonged to a facial treatment, but i'll rather use them for the gig :naughty:

Just to fix that: To which song would we wear the white gloves? Happy Ending?

I did pm Ingie the other day as i found 1500 white balloons for 30.00 approx cant exactly remember now but i thought the 'buying team' could all chip in it wouldnt be that much. Just a thought. :thumb_yello:

God i need a drink wish the butterfy bar was still open FD, i need an iv Baileys . :naughty:

You know .. I should open that bar again .. I have more time now .. I will!:thumb_yello:

1500 for 30 quid is ace! :biggrin2:

I would fork out for that no worries!

I can SEE it .. he comes on stage and a load of white balloons go up ... its in my head .. Im never far wrong ... well most of the time:aah:

That's even better! 1500 for 30? Count me in to share expenses :thumb_yello:

You know .. I should open that bar again .. I have more time now .. I will!:thumb_yello:

1500 for 30 quid is ace! :biggrin2:

I would fork out for that no worries!

I can SEE it .. he comes on stage and a load of white balloons go up ... its in my head .. Im never far wrong ... well most of the time:aah:

I can see that too...:wub2: And we're gonna make that happen!!!

To reopen the bar sounds ace...may i join you all for a drink even if i haven't been there before? :wink2:

Archived