Well as it seem EVERYBODY is against the ideas, I won't bother with it!

It seem everytime I seem to say anything lately, it get crapped on so I won't bother in future!:aah:

:shocked: Come on, Rose, no need to get like this. Have you never been disagreed with before?

People are just having a discussion, and that means looking at things from different angles and trying to foresee potential problems, and offering solutions, to see if problems can be overcome, and hence the ideas are viable.

All pretty standard stuff, and from what I can see, everyone is being nice about it. Nobody is crapping on anyone, so just chill :naughty:.

But hey, if you really want to do something, go ahead and do it. If you think that the idea will work, just buy the stuff, and run with it. Maybe you can make it work.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seem everytime I seem to say anything lately, it get crapped on so I won't bother in future!:aah:

Helllooooooooo

Here i am researching pubs for Sunday night ...i'm gonna start this thread in the next 2 hrs!! WTS!

It's not easy tho you know ...it meant last night i was out til 1.30 am sampling the delights of many local hostelries .......:teehee:

Rose .... .come on pingu no one is crapping on you ........:sneaky2:

I love the idea too and i think we could do it , it just won't be EVERYONE but it's worth giving it a go if we want to ..or those who do ..i just think we need to be prepared and lighthearted if it all goes balloons up!:roftl:

Did the white glove idea get any more consideration as an addition to the balloons too maybe?

or is it a crap idea? :aah:

p.s ..love you guys:wub2:

Can I just ask why WE have to do anything? Can't we just go to a gig and enjoy ourselves? I feel like you have to DO something and feel some people may feel excluded as a result- especially in times of financial difficulty- even if it is a couple of quid. Just my opinion.

Can I just ask why WE have to do anything? Can't we just go to a gig and enjoy ourselves? I feel like you have to DO something and feel some people may feel excluded as a result- especially in times of financial difficulty- even if it is a couple of quid. Just my opinion.

shhhhhh i got crap for saying that the other night :shocked:

Could you repeat that please:roftl:

NO rose i agree with you which is why i mentioned the wee sticks to hold the balloons with to wave about. About cost though maybe just us mfc crowd with the hearts and the rest normal balloons i think it will still have a great effect. It would be so special. :thumb_yello:

shhhhhh i got crap for saying that the other night :shocked:

But why? You are entitled to your opinon

Yes it would probably look awesome but someone shouldn't be made to feel they have to conform- we live in a democratic society

Yes it would probably look awesome but someone shouldn't be made to feel they have to conform- we live in a democratic society

yes then you`ll be told - well you dont need to join in in your choose we wont force you .... dont take any further its not worth it .

come on guys ................... chill out it's meant to be fun

I know it is meant to be fun-but look at from maybe a newbie's or skint persons point of view thats all.

I think I will take Sheena's advice and shut up now

:shocked: Come on, Rose, no need to get like this. Have you never been disagreed with before?

People are just having a discussion, and that means looking at things from different angles and trying to foresee potential problems, and offering solutions, to see if problems can be overcome, and hence the ideas are viable.

All pretty standard stuff, and from what I can see, everyone is being nice about it. Nobody is crapping on anyone, so just chill :naughty:.

But hey, if you really want to do something, go ahead and do it. If you think that the idea will work, just buy the stuff, and run with it. Maybe you can make it work.

Yes I have, and I can ALWAYS see both sides of a discussion, and don't force my opinion as being the only valid way of looking at things.

This is probably the only time I have stood up to fight for an idea to be pushed forward. Other times I would just give in and let others push their ideas forward and go with it.

Like I said a few pages back, if people don't want to join in it's up to them, I'm not going to hold a gun to their heads, but some people are up for it, and if enough people are game to do it, then I think it's going to look fantastic.

But since half my posts don't seem to have been read, I seem to have been repeating myself constantly, throughout the thread. Hence why I'm getting a little testy, which I don't mean to do, and apologise to those who are offended.

come on guys ................... chill out it's meant to be fun

but its not fun .... too many disagreements and no one has the cash to do anything big , to be honest i cant even afford to do this gig but this will be my only chance to see mika play for ages so i have to go ! im now keeping out of this i have enough stress in my life without this but when you sort something out i`ll play my part and chuck some pennies in :wink2:

I just thought it would be nice to do.

It's been done in other places, and everyone on stage and in the audience seemed to have a great time with it.

Like I said, you don't have to join in if you don't want to, but if you do, great:thumb_yello:

btw vicky see how youve posted about a meet-up on the sunday in a pub well for one i will have my 15 yr old son with me so that rules me out on a pub and secondly ive planned to do something with my son on that night .

This really does amaze me!

Did the girls in Korea and Japan and Portugal have this trouble organising their things that they did, that everyone on the forum thought was so fantastic when they saw the videos?

Are we Brits that uptight?

So I'm going to say this one more time.

If you don't want to join in, don't.

No one's making you, it'll still look fantastic.

Helllooooooooo

Here i am researching pubs for Sunday night ...i'm gonna start this thread in the next 2 hrs!! WTS!

It's not easy tho you know ...it meant last night i was out til 1.30 am sampling the delights of many local hostelries .......:teehee:

Rose .... .come on pingu no one is crapping on you ........:sneaky2:

I love the idea too and i think we could do it , it just won't be EVERYONE but it's worth giving it a go if we want to ..or those who do ..i just think we need to be prepared and lighthearted if it all goes balloons up!:roftl:

Did the white glove idea get any more consideration as an addition to the balloons too maybe?

or is it a crap idea? :aah:

p.s ..love you guys:wub2:

I like the white glove idea :thumb_yello:

It's been done in other places, and everyone on stage and in the audience seemed to have a great time with it.

Like I said, you don't have to join in if you don't want to, but if you do, great:thumb_yello:

Rose, this post wasn't aimed at you but the whole situation.

I don't want anyone to feel that they are excluded or have to spend money, thats all. I am defo shutting up now:biggrin2:

I like the white glove idea :thumb_yello:

Me too! And i also like the bubbles idea a few posts ago :thumb_yello:

So i guess we should try to agree on the ideas we want to become reality (balloons, confetti, gloves, bubbles) and get it organized. Everyone who wants can take part, no one is forced to of course :wub2:

In any case, i'm so looking forward to this gig, to the sunday meet up and to see all of you in RL :biggrin2:

Absolutely agree no one should be excluded ... Inclusion all the way .... all the time ...

I didn't think anyone was being by being new? How do you mean?When i was new and was reading all the plans for Glasgow 07 meet up weekend ... i felt excited ... and i couldn't be there with everyone but enjoyed reading about it .... new people here would be part of this wouldn't they?

Cost? i thought it was only a few latex balloons we were all going to share round? :teehee:

Correct me if I'm wrong here?:wink2:

Rose, this post wasn't aimed at you but the whole situation.

I don't want anyone to feel that they are excluded or have to spend money, thats all. I am defo shutting up now:biggrin2:

We're trying to keep the cost down, so that those who can chip in don't have to pay so much, but it would be great for everyone to have a balloon, it'd be lovely to see everyone swaying along. Don't want anyone to feel, or be excluded:thumb_yello:

heres what to do ... much simpler - rose - this is what i want to do ..... get 1500 white heart balloons (dont ask) i think it will look good can anyone help with the costs .... done !

We're trying to keep the cost down, so that those who can chip in don't have to pay so much, but it would be great for everyone to have a balloon, it'd be lovely to see everyone swaying along. Don't want anyone to feel, or be excluded:thumb_yello:

Sorry my bad- Thought you were getting 5000 ballons for everyone cos that would be really expensive to pull off. Sorry:blush-anim-cl:

btw vicky see how youve posted about a meet-up on the sunday in a pub well for one i will have my 15 yr old son with me so that rules me out on a pub and secondly ive planned to do something with my son on that night .

Sheena! I take my 9 year olds to the pub , this is scotland they are welcome:teehee:

It's kind of for folk to eat too so it will be a child freidnly place until 9 anyway

Of course you don't need to come along but anywhere we go you'll be welcome to pop in if you want to... we can be in touch on the day:wink2:

You'd be far better chillin with your boy tho:wink2:

Absolutely agree no one should be excluded ... Inclusion all the way .... all the time ...

I didn't think anyone was being by being new? How do you mean?When i was new and was reading all the plans for Glasgow 07 meet up weekend ... i felt excited ... and i couldn't be there with everyone but enjoyed reading about it .... new people here would be part of this wouldn't they?

Cost? i thought it was only a few latex balloons we were all going to share round? :teehee:

Well that's what I was thinking, the first few rows, but somehow, along the way, the whole venue is getting one!:blink:

I'd be happy with it being the first few rows, that keeps costs down, and can be just as effective, for him on the stage. And also we know at the right time to quickly blow them up, so they'll be ready at the right time.

And with the gloves that'll look fantastic:thumb_yello:

aye but in 07 there wasnt tons of us and too much planning ... ok i was the one that stopped them making a kilt for mika :teehee: i suggested the trousers everyone agreed cause mika`s to skinny for a kilt the girls got material and made them (i couldnt be there ) i booked the chinese that was that ... nothing for during the gig !

I love the glove idea..............but I guess that wouldn't be practical for everyone..........that certainly WOULD be expensive.

I am perfectly happy to go with balloons and of course it would be optional....people, MFC or otherwise could say yes or no. As long as there are enough people happy to cover the cost of the balloons and I am certain that there are..............I personally don't see a problem with it.

Balloons are bought.

People are offered one.

People can accept or decline.

End of story.

Or am I just being too simplistic?

I just can't honestly see a problem.

Archived