2010 - Mika @ MTV Murcia, Spain 10 JUL - REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

Christine

Yeah, the colanders aren't as effective in the rain. A couple of carrots will help though. And the mustard.

You have just one person on your mind and it is not MIKA eh. :naughty:

It's the M-T word. Be scared. :mf_rosetinted:

You should pop round in the shrinks thread, they may help you with your obsession there. :roftl:

I just meant that Mika has had weird legal problems so far. Don't you remember?

I guess accusing him of stealing his own name was the weirdest one. :blink:

This time they may accuse him of using his own website and official fan club to promote his career. :shocked:

yes roxane,it was amazing!!!

thank you to everybody who said you liked the flyers...

btw.. the text of the newspaper is in latin... it´s just nothing...

what made me sad most was that i really expected his first reaction... "oh.. it´s great,i´m so proud of you" AND NOTHING ELSE... i didn´t want him to spend his time with this... i wanted to back to the secret society to tell the teams "hey girls,go,work,mika likes what we are doing" because the MSS seems to be a little dead... and i really think it would be great doing some promotion... i think he´s a great singer and performer who deserves more than he gets...

is it normal the singer buys ice creams to his fans?? or pizza? or just let them in the venue before the rest to be in front row always?? have you seen the prizes of the tickets to see any other artist???????? mika is different... he is better... and i just wanted the whole world to know it...

Edited by basicamenteyo

Brilliant post VS :thumb_yello:

I totally agree with what you've said and especially about Mika not wanting things to go out without his explicit approval. We've run into that ourselves (not necessarily something we did, but we're waiting on an announcement because Mika needs to clear it first). I also agree that if he said he likes it and he looked like he was enjoying them, he surely meant it.

Violet and I are huge fans of the sassy pic in the second flyer, aren't we? :mf_lustslow:

Pretty much what I said:blink:

You should pop round in the shrinks thread, they may help you with your obsession there. :roftl:

I don't need help, I'm happy with my colander transmitting Mika's thoughts to me.

He told me about these flyers, he really liked them, but thought the dosage wasn't high enough so wouldn't let them go out for distribution.

This time they may accuse him of using his own website and official fan club to promote his career. :shocked:

Yes, that would be shocking! :aah:

:mf_rosetinted::floor: :floor:

accusing him of stealing his own name????????????:shocked:

yes roxane,it was amazing!!!

thank you to everybody who said you liked the flyers...

btw.. the text of the newspaper is in latin... it´s just nothing...

what made me sad most was that i really expected his first reaction... "oh.. it´s great,i´m so proud of you" AND NOTHING ELSE... i didn´t want him to spend his time with this... i wanted to back to the secret society to tell the teams "hey girls,go,work,mika likes what we are doing" because the MSS seems to be a little dead... and i really think it would be great doing some promotion... i think he´s a great singer and performer who deserves more than he gets...

is it normal the singer buys ice creams to his fans?? or pizza? or just let them in the venue before the rest to be in front row always?? have you seen the prizes of the tickets to see any other artist???????? mika is different... he is better... and i just wanted the whole world to know it...

Well at least you tried. I tried for a while to keep the UK thread alive on MSS, but in the end it was mainly only me that posted. That's a shame.

Well at least you tried. I tried for a while to keep the UK thread alive on MSS, but in the end it was mainly only me that posted. That's a shame.

i still think it´s a good idea... but if people dont want to work,there´s nothing to do.. and now if they read what mika said... pfffff....

Pretty much what I said:blink:

Sorry Rose I just wanted to say a lot more to Rosa about this but when I saw VS's post she'd already said it all. It's not that I don't agree with you.

accusing him of stealing his own name????????????:shocked:

Yes :blink:

A singer called Mika accused him of stealing her name. The problem is: she was pretty convinced she was right. :lmfao:

Plus there are still people convinced that Relax is a cover. :aah:

i still think it´s a good idea... but if people dont want to work,there´s nothing to do.. and now if they read what mika said... pfffff....

Well I know in my case it's all about timing. Personally I think it's too little too late for this kind of thing, at least in Canada. I don't know what's going on in other countries. Mika really needed some promo here in September because, aside from the new album of course, people didn't know about the gig in October. It is hard work keeping up with artists you are interested in. Mika announces his gigs with very little notice in N. America and there seems to be no promo at all because he's not getting radio play.

I wouldn't consider any kind of street team activity here until the next album is about to launch and it could have some impact. But like I said, I don't know what's going on in other countries.

mika was multitasking,signing,looking the flyers and listening to pufpuf,and he said "oh,i´m very proud of you,but hey,please,you need to clarify that you are independent,you know,please,clarify that you are not vinculated to mikasounds or mikafanclub... if you are indenpendent it sounds cooler" we asked him if he liked what we had done and he was "of course,it´s great!!" and hughed pufpuf:mf_lustslow:..... but even if he talked to us very polite,and very softly i felt like if he was really trying to say to us "GIRLS DON´T DARE TO PRINT THE LINKS TO MIKASOUNDS OR MIKAFANCLUB IN THOSE FLYERS,I DON´T WANT PEOPLE TO THINK THIS STUFF HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ME":shocked:

but i don´t know what can i do to make people know mika if i can´t print the links to his web or to mfc....

That's not what he said to my mind. As I read it, you can use this links - BUT you must make sure that everybody will realize that it is an independend fan action, not "official promotion" from mikasounds.

:doh: How many times do I need to demonstrate this? Is nobody listening? *Sigh*

Pay attention, people; This is the way it works:

http://twitpic.com/245l39

What's this????:roftl:

Yes :blink:

A singer called Mika accused him of stealing her name. The problem is: she was pretty convinced she was right. :lmfao:

Plus there are still people convinced that Relax is a cover. :aah:

Oh,yes that female Mika....She really gets on my nerves!!!!It's the most of the times the first video to appear in the ''related'' vids in yt!At the begining,when i was still discovering Mika,and didn't know all of his songs,i heard that ''Mika's'' song ''something something''.And i thought:''oh his voice sound totally different on this one....:shocked:And why he is not on his own videoclip????'':roftl:

Oh,and Rosa....I'm sure he liked them....I mean the flyers you made are really good!!!!:thumb_yello:As others said too,i too believe it has something to do with legal issues....Maybe if you have the official sites,people will think that he actually did these.:dunno:

But then again i don't know how will people be able to find him if you not post the links....As someone said,yes,google Mika wouldn't be such a great idea....:roftl:

And again,you people did a great job with the flyers.And i think that Mika understood that!I mean,come on,ok,he is the best singer to be a fan to,but he also must be thinking sometimes that his fans are great people too!!:thumb_yello:

What's this????:roftl:

It's our new communication device, which we are perfecting so that we can communicate with Mika when he's not doing blogs. It actually works quite well :naughty:.

And Rosa, don't worry, I'm sure that he really appreciated the flyers, but for obvious reasons he can't let his name be "officially" associated to the cause. But I agree with Violet and co, that if he said that he liked them, he meant it.

It's our new communication device, which we are perfecting so that we can communicate with Mika when he's not doing blogs. It actually works quite well :naughty:.

Really?:roftl:

Let me see that again....*sees it again*

so i only need a mustard can and a collander.....Nice!:biggrin2:

Really?:roftl:

Let me see that again....*sees it again*

so i only need a mustard can and a collander.....Nice!:biggrin2:

Yeah, go for it!

A few points to note though:

-Don't forget the carrots! Alternatively, you can use potatoes, or turnips. I can't guarantee that any other vegetable will work though.

-The mustard needs to be in a plastic container, so that you get good reception. But you only need it if you want transoceanic reception.

And I think that this is all that our testing has revealed so far...We keep testing though so it might improve :thumb_yello:.

People's opinions are not legal issues for Mika. Since when is it illegal to cover a song anyway?

I just find it strange. I didn't say it was a legal issue. But it is illegal if you use a song and you don't say clearly that you have used it. He did have to acknowledge that a tiny bit of the chorus was taken from another song. I'm sure he did it to avoid problems. Do you remember that issue?

I have studied music for many years, I know the difference. :wink2:

I just find it strange. I didn't say it was a legal issue. But it is illegal if you use a song and you don't say clearly that you have used it. He did have to acknowledge that a tiny bit of the chorus was taken from another song. I'm sure he did it to avoid problems. Do you remember that issue?

As you say, he did credit the intro to Died In Your Arms, in the credits of LICM. But some people do occasionally try to say it's a cover. I've had a couple of people say it to me, til I correct them.

Yeah, go for it!

A few points to note though:

-Don't forget the carrots! Alternatively, you can use potatoes, or turnips. I can't guarantee that any other vegetable will work though.

-The mustard needs to be in a plastic container, so that you get good reception. But you only need it if you want transoceanic reception.

And I think that this is all that our testing has revealed so far...We keep testing though so it might improve :thumb_yello:.

Carrots?

Potatos?

Turnips?*wtf is turnips,opens dictionary,finds out....TURNIPS?:shocked:*

Why do i need these?:boxed:

And why am i asking.....?:roftl:

Sorry,what tiny bit of chorus was taken from another song?Are we still talking about Mika?:dunno:

Van Eede was credited on Relax and is receiving royalties for it, so there is no "issue". I've studied common sense for many years, I know the difference. :wink2: