2010 - Mika @ MTV Murcia, Spain 10 JUL - REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

Christine

As you say, he did credit the intro to Died In Your Arms, in the credits of LICM. But some people do occasionally try to say it's a cover. I've had a couple of people say it to me, til I correct them.

For a second I thought you were about to write "til I slap them" or something. :roftl:

We all become mother hens when Mika is concerned. :mf_rosetinted:

As you say, he did credit the intro to Died In Your Arms, in the credits of LICM. But some people do occasionally try to say it's a cover.

Exactly

Carrots?

Potatos?

Turnips?*wtf is turnips,opens dictionary,finds out....TURNIPS?:shocked:*

Why do i need these?:boxed:

And why am i asking.....?:roftl:

Because you also want to communicate with Mika via your brainwaves? :naughty:

Van Eede was credited on Relax and is receiving royalties for it, so there is no "issue". I've studied common sense for many years, I know the difference. :wink2:

:aah: Exactly.

No issue. Panic over.

Van Eede was credited on Relax and is receiving royalties for it, so there is no "issue". I've studied common sense for many years, I know the difference. :wink2:

I said "to avoid problems", so there was no issue, of course.

Wow, you had to study common sense! It's normally something that goes without studying. I didn't know you could! You always learn new things on this forum! :thumb_yello:

You always need a turnip in your life.

Keep up woman!

I give up!:aah:

Because you also want to communicate with Mika via your brainwaves? :naughty:

I said i give up!:aah:

It's I Just Died in Your Arms Tonight by Cutting Crew.

Just heard it.I don't see any resemblence to Mika's relax.:dunno:

very beginning of the song:thumb_yello:

I remember when first Relax came out, when I hear it on the radio or somewhere I've always been thinking it's I just died:naughty: Now it's reverse.:naughty:

I said "to avoid problems", so there was no issue, of course.

Well we could sit here and make a list of 10,000 things that Mika has done "to avoid problems"...like tying his shoelaces, chewing his food, not shouting out bomb threats in an airport. I don't understand how this is an example of Mika's so-called problems.

Wow, you had to study common sense! It's normally something that goes without studying. I didn't know you could! You always learn new things on this forum! :thumb_yello:

Well I highly recommend you try it! I am certain it will be more useful to you in discussions about legal issues than your knowledge of music is. :thumb_yello:

very beginning of the song:thumb_yello:

I remember when first Relax came out, when I hear it on the radio or somewhere I've always been thinking it's I just died:naughty: Now it's reverse.:naughty:

Don't know....Maybe the very very very first two three seconds,but what the hell .... . You can find that pretty much with all the songs that are written.I mean,you can always find a song with the same 2-3 notes as another song..

I've never thought about that song though when i was hearing the relax,and i wasn't even a fan back then,now that i think about it....:teehee:

For a second I thought you were about to write "til I slap them" or something. :roftl:

We all become mother hens when Mika is concerned. :mf_rosetinted:

That thought has crossed my mind:naughty:

Yes, I think there is. It's exactly in the beginning of the chorus of both songs, that is the titles. But I don't think that they could have possibly proved that he had copied that song. :dunno:

Anyway, you have to be careful, because some people just sue you trying to get some profit. The music business is tricky. I trust Greg! :thumb_yello: Your ear must be trained to spot similarities and there are certain conditions that make a song similar to another one.

Don't know....Maybe the very very very first two three seconds,but what the hell .... . You can find that pretty much with all the songs that are written.I mean,you can always find a song with the same 2-3 notes as another song..

I've never thought about that song though when i was hearing the relax,and i wasn't even a fan back then,now that i think about it....:teehee:

well it is part of that song, whether you can hear it or not :dunno::wink2:

but most important is - it's amazing song, as far as I'm concern one of his best, and most definitely his biggest hit here, where I'm from.:original:

Yes, I think there is. It's exactly in the beginning of the chorus of both songs, that is the titles. But I don't think that they could have possibly proved that he had copied that song. :dunno:

Anyway, you have to be careful, because some people just sue you trying to get some profit. The music business is tricky. I trust Greg! :thumb_yello: Your ear must be trained to spot similarities and there are certain conditions that make a song similar to another one.

I wouldn't say my ear is trained, but being an 80s music addict, it hit me straight away.

Although when I was studying sound engineering, one of our exercises was to listen to a song, and identify all the instruments, right down to the most minor one.

It's the intro, it is pretty similar.

well it is part of that song, whether you can hear it or not :dunno::wink2:

but most important is - it's amazing song, as far as I'm concern one of his best, and most definitely his biggest hit here, where I'm from.:original:

Don't know.I see a similarity in 2-3 notes as i already said,but that's as far as it goes for me.:dunno:

Well I highly recommend you try it! I am certain it will be more useful to you in discussions about legal issues than your knowledge of music is. :thumb_yello:

How do you know, if you don't even know me and what my knowledge of music is compared to yours? :blink:

When there are legal issues of this type, music experts are called to give their opinion. You need a certain amount of similarities to be able to say that two songs are the same. It's not easy: melody, harmony and other things. The notes are limited. That's why I found it weird that certain people kept saying on the forum that We Are Golden was similar to Heaven is a place on earth. Mika hasn't been sued so far, of course! :dunno:

Do you remember the famous MJ song? The one Al Bano said he had stolen from him? The experts finally stated that they both had copied the song. :naughty:

How do you know, if you don't even know me and what my knowledge of music is compared to yours? :blink:

When there are legal issues of this type, music experts are called to give their opinion.

Because there is no legal issue with Relax. Mika has given the credit so he doesn't have any legal problems that need yours or anyone else's opinion. The same with Poker Face, Satellite...all the other work he's used of other artists.

And by the way, why is it that you think you know me and my knowledge of music compared to yours?

It's the intro, it is pretty similar.

You see, I hear the similarity in the chorus! :roftl:

It's extremely difficult! :aah: Just a few notes can make you think of another song you knew first or that you just know better. I will end up hearing that song everywhere in Relax even though it isn't there. :hair:

When there are legal issues of this type, music experts are called to give their opinion. You need a certain amount of similarities to be able to say that two songs are the same. It's not easy: melody, harmony and other things. The notes are limited. That's why I found it weird that certain people kept saying on the forum that We Are Golden was similar to Heaven is a place on earth. Mika hasn't been sued so far, of course! :dunno:

Do you remember the famous MJ song? The one Al Bano said he had stolen from him? The experts finally stated that they both had copied the song. :naughty:

Well, I don't think that in the case of WAG, that would have happened, or Stock Aitken and Waterman, and Ricky Gervais would both been quaking in their boots, as songs they wrote both sound pretty much the same as it too:roftl:

You see, I hear the similarity in the chorus! :roftl:

It's extremely difficult! :aah: Just a few notes can make you think of another song you knew first or that you just know better. I will end up hearing that song everywhere in Relax even though it isn't there. :hair:

The intro to Relax, is what sounds like the chorus of Died In Your Arms. That's what I hear anyway.

Anyhow, did anyone video a close up of Mika and Jimmys smooching?:das:

Because there is no legal issue with Relax. Mika has given the credit so he doesn't have any legal problems that need yours or anyone else's opinion. The same with Poker Face, Satellite...all the other work he's used of other artists.

I was trying to explain you how it works in general. But I give up. :giveup: It may be useful to someone else. Anyway, musical analysis was invented a while ago and it's not my job. :thumb_yello: Apart from that bloody chord by Mr Wagner, the rest can be explained by professionals. :roftl:

Well, I don't think that in the case of WAG, that would have happened, or Stock Aitken and Waterman, and Ricky Gervais would both been quaking in their boots, as songs they wrote both sound pretty much the same as it too:roftl:

That Freelove Freeway mash up was hilarious! :lmfao:

That's got one of the top view counts of my YouTube videos.