Heya

JoinTheChase

Hey everyone. Thought I'd come say hi since the forum keeps reminding me I haven't posted :P

I'm Chase. I'm 21 and live in Hampshire, England. Have been a fan of Mika since Grace Kelly came out, but only got introduced to the fan club recently by a friend who's... how should I put it... obsessed? :P

I play electric and acoustic guitar and drums. Love all types of music, though Mika was pretty refreshing. I spend most of my time training Guide Dog pups. My current puppy, Bryn, is 10 months old, and soon to go to advanced training, at which point I'll start all over again with a new 6 week old pup. No doubt as and when I go to a Mika gig, I'll have to bring a puppy with me ^_^

So yeah, look forward to getting to know you guys

xx

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Helllooooo :bye: welcome to MFC! =)

training guide dogs must be VERY rewarding... :teehee: OMG! i actually find that job so amazing! ive never thought of it before...

must be alot of hard work though.

:biggrin2:

I've got a question (if you dont mind me asking)

when did you start training dogs and how long have you been doing it for? and also have you been brought up with (guide) dogs?

... ok that was 2 questions

Lol. I volunteer. I had some free time, and wanted to do something worth while, and I've always been more comfortable around animals than people. Bit socially inept.

I've been involved with Guide Dogs for a long time, but Bryn is the first dog I took on myself. I've had him since he was 6 weeks old, last October. It's the best thing I've ever done, and although I'll really miss Bryn when he goes, I'm looking forward to my next puppy (which hasn't been born yet lol).

It's hugely rewarding. No matter how sad I am when the dogs go, it's nothing compared to how happy the blind people are to get them. You can't really get much bigger than giving someone eyes.

It is very hard work though, and you have to be patient. Having constant puppies means constant house training, and you spend a lot of time with a mischievous animal. As soon as you get them trained, you give them back, so it's not for someone who's easily frustrated. Plus, to begin with, you don't sleep much. They're just like kids haha.

This was Bryn a couple of weeks after I got him. He's a LOT bigger now lol:

IMG00117-20091030-1334_2.jpg

Lol. I volunteer. I had some free time, and wanted to do something worth while, and I've always been more comfortable around animals than people. Bit socially inept.

I've been involved with Guide Dogs for a long time, but Bryn is the first dog I took on myself. I've had him since he was 6 weeks old, last October. It's the best thing I've ever done, and although I'll really miss Bryn when he goes, I'm looking forward to my next puppy (which hasn't been born yet lol).

It's hugely rewarding. No matter how sad I am when the dogs go, it's nothing compared to how happy the blind people are to get them. You can't really get much bigger than giving someone eyes.

It is very hard work though, and you have to be patient. Having constant puppies means constant house training, and you spend a lot of time with a mischievous animal. As soon as you get them trained, you give them back, so it's not for someone who's easily frustrated. Plus, to begin with, you don't sleep much. They're just like kids haha.

Hello Chase and Welcome to MFC! :D

Tender eyes:wub2: I just miss my dog.

I understand so well that empathy with animals, specially dogs.

I feel great admiration for that job you do, the dedication given by trainers and Guide dogs:thumb_yello:.

Thanks for sharing your experience :D

Thank you :) I really appreciate that.

I got to the stage where I figured I couldn't afford to give money, but I had a whole load of time to give. And at the end of the day, they could have all the money in the world but it's useless if they haven't got people to train the dogs. I've enjoyed it so much. And although I'm going to miss Bryn LOADS, I can't wait to meet my new puppy. But the litter needs to be born at the beginning of august, so I have no idea who it is or how old or when I'll get it yet. Hasn't been born :P

This is Bryn now. As you can see, he's grown quite a lot haha:

24062010.jpg

:teehee:

:wub2:

I prefer animals to babys :biggrin2:

he so cute ^_^

..im going to research more into this =)

another question (if you dont mind :blink:) do you have a job that 'earns you money' ?

I don't as it happens. I had a bunch of savings and the last job I was at my boss was a total expletive towards me, so I quit the job, and decided with the break I wanted to do something worthwhile. And with animals. Perfect thing really.

The only thing is you have to put a lot of time in. |It's not like a pet dog who can sit at home. I have to take my pup with me most of the time. Into town etc. He loves the cinema. Been 3 times with him. But I haven't been to a gig with him yet. I don't think I'll get the chance because he goes in 2 months, but the next one will deff have to come lol. Need Mika to do a gig that I can bring the puppy to. The good thing is the pups are allowed everywhere because although they're not qualified, they're still registered guide dogs. Otherwise, how would they learn?

Archived