HOW TO DRAW MIKA - step by step

Miss.roxy

here is my drawing easy lines (without cheating :teehee:)

eyes, nose and mouth are from what they should be though :aah

i'm hoping i can continue this drawing today :)

quality of pic is bad and my "raster" is still on it :aah:

but anyway.... here it is:

You should take another piece of paper, tape that one on the one with your raster against the

window, and then.. Ach wat, ik ga gewoon door in het Nederlands. :aah: Dus, je plakt ze precies op elkaar op een raam, en dan trek je de lijnen over op het papier zonder hokjes. :wink2:

en als ik ze gewoon uitgom :teehee:

heb het speciaal zeer licht getekend (het raster)

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

en als ik ze gewoon uitgom :teehee:

heb het speciaal zeer licht getekend (het raster)

Dan heb je wel dat je waarschijnlijk ook de tekening zelf een deel uitgomd. En ook, de structuur van je papier verandert door gommen, en dan is het moeilijker om er op te tekenen, en zie je de plekken waar je hebt gegomd duidelijk door de tekening heen. Daarom moet je eigenlijk je gom zo min mogelijk gebruiken, ook kneedgom. :wink2:

Dan heb je wel dat je waarschijnlijk ook de tekening zelf een deel uitgomd. En ook, de structuur van je papier verandert door gommen, en dan is het moeilijker om er op te tekenen, en zie je de plekken waar je hebt gegomd duidelijk door de tekening heen. Daarom moet je eigenlijk je gom zo min mogelijk gebruiken, ook kneedgom. :wink2:

ow dat wist ik niet :blush-anim-cl: zo zie je dat ik nog niet lang teken he :teehee:

here is my drawing easy lines (without cheating :teehee:)

eyes, nose and mouth are from what they should be though :aah

i'm hoping i can continue this drawing today :)

quality of pic is bad and my "raster" is still on it :aah:

but anyway.... here it is:

PA150186.jpg?t=1287218879

me like :teehee:

and now you just start with the eyes first, slowly build up your shadowing.

What I normally do first is to gently colour the white a bit so it's light grey instead of white, I find it easier that way to make parts of it darker and to blend it in etc.

After the eyes (+ eyelids +eyebrows) you go to the nose, you start with the nostrils, (so only the bottom part of the nose) then you do the part between nose and mouth (the shadowing) then the mouth, but start with the bottom lip. and don't colour it too much, just coulour the bottom part, and then the part where the lips come together (which is mostly the darkest part) then you have a sort of white line on you bottom lip, so then you need to soften it a bit, so that the line becomes a sort of glimmer or something, as if the light is reflected in the lip, but make sure you work with vertical lines, since you have vertical lines on your lips, so it would look a bit unnatural when you have a smooth white glimmer thingy. you understand?

lips.jpg

here you can see what I mean.

and the upper lip is always slightly darker. Make sure when you draw the mouth that you haven't really drawn a dark line around it, since it has to be a bit smooth, not really clear lines. There's always some shadow around the mouth.

and then you can fill up the rest of the face; starting with conecting the nose to the eyes.

so basically, I always start with the things that have a lot of shadows and textures and I end with the cheeks etc, since they mostly don't have that many different shadows etc.

I hope you udnerstand a bit :teehee:

but don't rush it, take your time, it doesn't matter if you work over an hour on the eyes etc.

oh and for the eyes, make the edge of the iris a bit darker than the rest of it, if you look into the mirror, you'll see that it contains different shades of one colour.

you need to see the lines you've drawn already as a guidance, not as something you can't cross etc, since the point is to make them dissapear so your final result doesn't contain ainy lines

:teehee: I'll shut up now

me like :teehee:

and now you just start with the eyes first, slowly build up your shadowing.

What I normally do first is to gently colour the white a bit so it's light grey instead of white, I find it easier that way to make parts of it darker and to blend it in etc.

After the eyes (+ eyelids +eyebrows) you go to the nose, you start with the nostrils, (so only the bottom part of the nose) then you do the part between nose and mouth (the shadowing) then the mouth, but start with the bottom lip. and don't colour it too much, just coulour the bottom part, and then the part where the lips come together (which is mostly the darkest part) then you have a sort of white line on you bottom lip, so then you need to soften it a bit, so that the line becomes a sort of glimmer or something, as if the light is reflected in the lip, but make sure you work with vertical lines, since you have vertical lines on your lips, so it would look a bit unnatural when you have a smooth white glimmer thingy. you understand?

lips.jpg

here you can see what I mean.

and the upper lip is always slightly darker. Make sure when you draw the mouth that you haven't really drawn a dark line around it, since it has to be a bit smooth, not really clear lines. There's always some shadow around the mouth.

and then you can fill up the rest of the face; starting with conecting the nose to the eyes.

so basically, I always start with the things that have a lot of shadows and textures and I end with the cheeks etc, since they mostly don't have that many different shadows etc.

I hope you udnerstand a bit :teehee:

but don't rush it, take your time, it doesn't matter if you work over an hour on the eyes etc.

oh and for the eyes, make the edge of the iris a bit darker than the rest of it, if you look into the mirror, you'll see that it contains different shades of one colour.

you need to see the lines you've drawn already as a guidance, not as something you can't cross etc, since the point is to make them dissapear so your final result doesn't contain ainy lines

:teehee: I'll shut up now

oh thanks so much this is exactly what i need :biggrin2:

if there's more tips let me know, like how shadows colouring, vertical or horizontal and stuff.... i still need to learn a lot, but can start ith what you just told me :biggrin2: it'll take me a lot of time before it'll be finisshed, but at least now i'll have done everything on my own, even if it's not going to be perfect just yet... (still have a lot of practising to do,:teehee:)

edit: btw here's a better picture of my easy lines and without raster, did as Shikutukumimika told me in dutch :teehee:

PA160188.jpg?t=1287223606

ik ben het op mezelf aan het leren, ben begonnen in mei dit jaar :teehee:

Ik bedoelde eigenlijk niet tekenen, maar van de gom. :naughty: Maar ik heb wel tekenen op school, en ik zit ook op een teken/schilder curcus, hoewel ik op de curcus eigenlijk niets leer, dat is gewoon leuk.

...Ik moet echt weer eens gaan tekenen, hoewel, ik ben nu voor tekenen op school een zelfportret aan het maken, van 65 bij 50 cm, door er glitter op te plakken. En het lijkt ook nog. :aah: Ik zat foto's posten als het af is.

Ik bedoelde eigenlijk niet tekenen, maar van de gom. :naughty: Maar ik heb wel tekenen op school, en ik zit ook op een teken/schilder curcus, hoewel ik op de curcus eigenlijk niets leer, dat is gewoon leuk.

...Ik moet echt weer eens gaan tekenen, hoewel, ik ben nu voor tekenen op school een zelfportret aan het maken, van 65 bij 50 cm, door er glitter op te plakken. En het lijkt ook nog. :aah: Ik zat foto's posten als het af is.

oh ok :teehee:

maar als je zelf probeert te leren tekenen en geen lessen hebt waar ze zo'n dingen van dat met die gom vertellen, kan je dat niet weten lol, bedankt alleszins om te laten weten, als er nog zo'n dingen zijn als dat met die gom, laat maar weten he :biggrin2:

wel nieuwsgiering naar dat zelfportret met glitters :teehee:

oh ok :teehee:

maar als je zelf probeert te leren tekenen en geen lessen hebt waar ze zo'n dingen van dat met die gom vertellen, kan je dat niet weten lol, bedankt alleszins om te laten weten, als er nog zo'n dingen zijn als dat met die gom, laat maar weten he :biggrin2:

wel nieuwsgiering naar dat zelfportret met glitters :teehee:

Als ik aan nog zoiets denk, zal ik het vertellen. :wink2: Ik kan nu even niks bedenken, maar misschien leer ik later nog wat of herinner ik me iets.

*Edit: pic0028.th.jpg

Ik heb nu dit [Het is wel een thumbnail, dus even klikken en je hoofd draaien. :aah:]

And for those who don't speak Dutch and thus couldn't understand all this, this is a self portrait made with a lot of glitters and a bit of black paint. It's not finished yet, but I decided to post it already anyway. I told Ilse that I would post pictures when it was finished.

wanna know somethin.... just screwed drawing up just by trying to do the eyes :aah::aah::aah::aah:

edit: screwed up nose even worse :tears:

think i should tear it up and just start over again....

don't tear it up :aah:

show me, I'll tell you if you can tear it up :roftl:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
[YouTube]aMFv3LFEMeE[/YouTube]

[YouTube]B9k-DQbwBRI[/YouTube]

Second one is powerful! :)

:jawdrop: Oh my gosh that's AMAZING! SO REALISTIC!!!

Dunno if you meant those last vids, if so, then I´m agree :thumb_yello:

And if you was talking about my drawings then thank you :blush-anim-cl:

I'm talking about both :)

I try to draw Mika often, but it's not very realistic, more like a anime version.c

That sounds great, post it here :)

Title "how to draw mika" doesn´t mean just following step by step, but giving advices :thumb_yello:

Archived