"Come put your head upon my shoulder."

pinkfakecheez

Just as the title suggests, I made this thread to discuss Meeks' habit of doing this:

donk.png

Wanted Moyles to hug him.

donk2.jpg

Wanted Zane to dance to Big Girls.

Seeing as he's mentioned it in songs, do we think that it's his way of pleading? Or some sort of family habit? Do we know anyone else who does it? Do we think it's cute?

P.S. I did this with one of my friends once. It freaked her out.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice thread:aah:

He does that a lot does'nt he actually:naughty:

I like to take note of the peculiar little cutesy things he does, which I've never seen anyone else do.

I also wanted to mention the face biting thing, but I haven't seen him do that in ages.

I like to take note of the peculiar little cutesy things he does, which I've never seen anyone else do.

I also wanted to mention the face biting thing, but I haven't seen him do that in ages.

face biting :shocked:

Just as the title suggests, I made this thread to discuss Meeks' habit of doing this:

donk.png

Wanted Moyles to hug him.

donk2.jpg

Wanted Zane to dance to Big Girls.

Seeing as he's mentioned it in songs, do we think that it's his way of pleading? Or some sort of family habit? Do we know anyone else who does it? Do we think it's cute?

P.S. I did this with one of my friends once. It freaked her out.

Resting your head on someone´s shoulder is something that almost only appears in very close, intimate relationships. No wonder your friend freaked out :biggrin2:

resting your head on someones shoulder is usually used to show that you are close to someone. It also requires trust in that person because in doing so the person exposes the entire neck. Neck exposure usually is used to show to someone that you are harmless and is a submissive gesture (appears also when women flirt with someone, they **** their heads and expose the neck). In fact - if you watch Mika you can notice that he often uses submissive and unsecure gestures... neck exposure, touching his neck, eye rubbing, a lot of smiling, lip biting, biting his finger, playing with necklaces etc. ..lots of infantile gestures, too ...it all adds up into one message: Don´t hurt me

On the other hand: Mika seems to be comfortable hugging strangers, touching them. That´s a bit unusual for someone who claims to be shy, to feel uncomfortable when he meets new people. It could be a cultural thing, he comes from a Lebanese-American family after all.

And I have noticed another thing: although resting your head on someones shoulder is most likely used as a flirty gesture by Mika it also has a dominant vibe. Keep in mind that it is a itimate gesture. If you use it with strangers it´s highly invasive. By doing that Mika is basically invading private space. I saw him in a video once touching a fan´s cheeck...that´s also invasive. Invading someone´s private space is always a dominant behavior.

Summary: Mika is flirty in a seemingly submissive way but with an underlying dominant vibe.

..:mf_rosetinted:

Summary: Mika is flirty in a seemingly submissive way but with an underlying dominant vibe.

:teehee::naughty:

you know, I've thought about it, a lot of people has done the shoulder thingy with me too. I myself however don't really tend to do that :aah:

Resting your head on someone´s shoulder is something that almost only appears in very close, intimate relationships. No wonder your friend freaked out :biggrin2:

resting your head on someones shoulder is usually used to show that you are close to someone. It also requires trust in that person because in doing so the person exposes the entire neck. Neck exposure usually is used to show to someone that you are harmless and is a submissive gesture (appears also when women flirt with someone, they **** their heads and expose the neck). In fact - if you watch Mika you can notice that he often uses submissive and unsecure gestures... neck exposure, touching his neck, eye rubbing, a lot of smiling, lip biting, biting his finger, playing with necklaces etc. ..lots of infantile gestures, too ...it all adds up into one message: Don´t hurt me

On the other hand: Mika seems to be comfortable hugging strangers, touching them. That´s a bit unusual for someone who claims to be shy, to feel uncomfortable when he meets new people. It could be a cultural thing, he comes from a Lebanese-American family after all.

And I have noticed another thing: although resting your head on someones shoulder is most likely used as a flirty gesture by Mika it also has a dominant vibe. Keep in mind that it is a itimate gesture. If you use it with strangers it´s highly invasive. By doing that Mika is basically invading private space. I saw him in a video once touching a fan´s cheeck...that´s also invasive. Invading someone´s private space is always a dominant behavior.

Or of course he is just being nice and not wanting to tower over everybody in photos - he is miles taller than most people who meet him :naughty:

He needs someone too, but he doesn't show it. Plays the lucky, flirty man. Poor dear, being fan is fine, but it doesn't replace what he also want. Be honest guys, are you interested in Mika the artist, or the man behind? I like to know both, but it won't be possible, it's a pity

....oh, and i'm interested in Mika himself, im not joking, if i saw Mika anywhere, id be like OMG that guy is hot, :mf_lustslow: and i'd wanna go up and talk to him.

yeah he's good looking (:biggrin2::biggrin2:), but i assess his lyrics very carefully, and i understand he has gone through sad times, mostly relationship problems.

so.....

I LOVE THE MAN BEHIND MIKA.

HIS TRUE SELF <3 :naughty:

and always will :wub2::wub2:

IMcKellen_V_18sep09_rex.jpg

:wub2:

Okay, that's really cute!

He needs someone too, but he doesn't show it. Plays the lucky, flirty man. Poor dear, being fan is fine, but it doesn't replace what he also want. Be honest guys, are you interested in Mika the artist, or the man behind? I like to know both, but it won't be possible, it's a pity

Ummmm... Mika the Artist?

Mostly cause I don't know the man behind :dunno:

And I have noticed another thing: although resting your head on someones shoulder is most likely used as a flirty gesture by Mika it also has a dominant vibe. Keep in mind that it is a itimate gesture. If you use it with strangers it´s highly invasive. By doing that Mika is basically invading private space. I saw him in a video once touching a fan´s cheeck...that´s also invasive.

Invading someone´s private space is always a dominant behavior.

In response to this fabulous post :

I agree with my first bolded part, as i do this when i am nervous or scared of a situation that i am being put into. I believe it has something to do with being an introvert.

I do quite regularly rest my head on a friend's shoulder, especially when watching a film or when together and feeling comfortable. I have a friend who also, when i do this, kisses the top of my head (she's straight and taller) but to many of our other friends this is strange behaviour and do not like it. but i like being close to people.

i am quite shy, especially around people i don't know but stil like to hug them (not always reciprocated :teehee:) because i find it easier to speak through actions than speech. I am and always have been a hugging person and sometimes feel the need to be hugged randomly :dunno:

I do invade people's space but i wouldn't say that i'm dominant. I am one of my friend's who takes part in a lot of drama and also found with my ex-drama teacher she was very in-your-face so that could be a reason. :original:

just my opinions :biggrin2:

She didn't freak out, but she did look a bit frightened. She's probably forgotten it now.

Your analysis is quite accurate and does fit in with his passive-agressiveness. I feel scared.

Archived