• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

here it is :biggrin2::

M: -"here is the truth: I wanted to fin a "Witch name"

Someone says: - "Alice"

M: - "No, Alice is not really a Witch name!!!

Someone: - "Salem"

M: - "exactely! I wanted something like this!! Then I choose an Arabic name, it's Melachi, M-E-L-A-C-H-I, which means "queen". But it's Melachi the witch!"

Aww, thank you!

I've already been confused because of course I googled the Arabic translation for "witch" and it wasn't something like Melachi :roftl: But "Queen" makes sense. Google told me that the Arabic word for "Queen" is "maleka", so there is a bit of a similarity. Let's blame the rest on some grammar I don't know and Mika's wish to use certain letters :fisch::naughty:

a short video of the M&G by margriet2505

(he's just revealing his dog's name) and the same moment by amandine1993

Oh, this is hilarious. In this vid

at 0:38 you can see that Jimmy and Sunshine are having a pic taken together in the background, and when they finish Sunshine kisses Jimmy on the cheek, ahahha. So funny.

I have been to Colmar too, what a FANTASTIC concert !

I have read about the meet and greet some people had, and cannot help asking how this works?

I have been to so many Mika concerts, but never know where to go, or what to do, to just briefly see him for a "Thank you" !

Weird - I was also in Brixton 08, and also missed it....went home and afterwards found out about that party ....

Could someone maybe enlighten me how you know where to go to receive numbers, and wristbands?

And how/when it is announced that there is going to be a M & G at all?

That would be so kind !

Thanks, Hilly

Oh, and thanks for all the photos you guys uploaded, my camera (or my photographic talent) is rubbish and those pics are such nice souvenirs !!!:cheerful_h4h:

This gig was definitely one of my best gigs !!! It was really nice queuing with so much Mika fans in a good atmosphere. I was really happy to see some MFCers and Frenchies again, and meet some. Pony Pony Run Run were really great and for once, the crowd was amazing during the supporting act. We were next to Marion/mariposa, Tina and Sabine with Biche and a couple of other frenchies. Some frenc guy from Mika's team came during PPRR's show and told me that I could be a BG and first I did not wanted because I wanted to see the show with the girls and then he asked a friend of mine who never did it before and did not wanted to be alone so I went to join her in the end of PPRR's set. Mrs P also came and told us that we could come on stage, and that she was looking for eight other girls : four LG and four BG. I asked her if a friend of mine who was tiny enough to be a LG could come, she said yes and I went between the crowd and the stage to pick my stuff and tell my friend to come. A few minutes later, Mrs P came back with the other people and another friend of ours was in ! :clap:

We made a little pratice of the dead march and then went upstairs to dress up. Mrs P told me that they only took a few to Colmar and that I might have to go back in the crowd. That wasn't a problem for me because I've done it before, I just asked her if it was able to go back front row next to Biche who was still here. She said that it wasn't a problem and she'll come with me if I couldn't fit in the corset. But luckily, the corset was perfect ! Fortuné came briefly to pick up something in the room and then Maria came to pick us all, we thought that we were going back to the crowd but we ended up in the right side of the stage, that was AMAZING. It was already so in Nîmes two years ago and it's one of the best spots to watch the gig !! Not the best to understand everything that Mika says but it was ok. He was very talkative that night ! We were seeing the crowd from here and it was crazy. It was weird to see a show starting with GK in French and then having Relax played in the middle of the concert.

It was really great when the whole first row threw golden balloons on stage during WAG ! Even the roadies liked it :roftl:. Mrs P was standing next to us

We also went on stage for the march and Lollipop, and two of us went to dance on stage during Big Girl. After Lollipop, we stayed behind the stage back curtain with Maria and Mrs P. John told us to go back on the side of the stage but Mrs P popped in from the bride's "dressing room" and told us to stay, that we will go back on stage after Any Other World. I asked her if we had to wear our "masks" and she said no !! :biggrin2: Relax was the encore, and we all went on stage to dance, and had a blast. The crowd was PERFECT. :thumb_yello:

Then we went back behind the stage curtain and someone from the venue came to tell us that there will be a M&G after the show for the fans who had a number. She asked us who was from the fan club and could come with her to give the wristbands. Hélène (who's on the MFC and the MWS) and I said that we were on the MFC and that we had numbers. I was the first ready and also went outside to give the wristbands away. I already wrote what happened next so I am not going to write it again :wink2:. [...] The M&G was really nice. I saw David and we had a little chat, he showed us Isabella on his iPhone, we were all awwwing in front of the picture, she's adorable. Then I went to see the lovely Cherisse with Pamette. I got my "Cherisse hugs" :wub2: and we had a little chat too. We were talking about the fact that I'm going to live in Germany when she told me that we might meet there then because they were going to try to keep touring. She added that they would probably be in Europe in a few months / app. six months. :biggrin2: That's great news and I hope that it'll happen ! That'd be great. Then we came back to our table because Mika was here saying hi and picking up the huge golden box full of presents that we had for him. He kindly asked if he could open it but couldn't see what was in because all the gifts were packed. He thanked us, Lillibet asked if he saw the banner with the Barbara song on it. He said yes, and that we picked the saddest Barbara song :naughty:. He had to go and said bye, added that they were working on a new / special concept for a show. He also tried to pick up our box by himself but it was really heavy, he gave up after a few seconds holding it and thankfully, a security guy came to help him (I think that guy hate us now) :roftl:. Then we all went back to our hotels... I'm still on my little Mika cloud, that gig was perfect, and the M&G was the cherry on the cake. It was a perfect last week-end in France before to leave for Hamburg, thanks to all the fans that made the queuing and PPRR's set being so great and enjoyable, and I think that once again, I've to thank all the Mika staff and Mika himself for everything :blush-anim-cl:. *goes back on cloud number nine*

I have been in Colmar too, so also a little report from me.

You know our (will say the little German group) day started much too early, at 3 clock in the morning, but we were very happy when we get our numbers. Of course, first we landed at the main entrance and we had to such the entrance where the Mikafans waited. It was still dark, the area was not very trustworthy, we bumped in a little group of young men, one with a dog, who were on their way at home, a not very comfortable situation – we were very glad when we landed at the right holding point and were welcomed very friendly by the Mikafans. :biggrin2:

We had a relaxed time until they opened the door, with a serious problem… there have been no toilets outside. But we were invited to use the toilet in the nearby hostel and we were very grateful. I’m sorry I don’t know the names from the ladies, only the faces, but if you read this: thank you, you helped us a lot! :biggrin2:

After they opened the doors we founded the entrance which around 6 entrances, without the helping from John, we wouldn’t have a change with our numbers, but we had to wait. We had to wait until half past five. When John arrived you could see from one second to the other how much we all were relaxed. A lot of know this feeling! :naughty:

When rain stopped we started with our make-up. That was funny, Hasi made our make up, and she is very good in that. Also few of the french fans asked for a make up, because there was a lot of work to do that for about 100 fans. :naughty:

Then it was to be let in time, everything went very well, the security men checked the numbers. When we got inside, the stage was not finished building. Mama, Papa, P. and sister helped with the flowers to get to their places. :teehee:

The opening act yet and after 13 hours of waiting: MIKA. I began with a little surprise. After the beginning the show with the book with David, after the astronaut entrance or only jumping –Mika came so easily walk, alone and began with GK in French. Mika knows how to get his fans! I felt it very special. It followed BG, with two of the Big Girls on stage, who danced very well! And I recognized to dance as big girls with Mika to that song is nothing for shy girls but I’m sure they two loved it! They did a great job! :biggrin2:

To see Mika in France is very special. Like in Paris I hadn’t the feeling he was very relaxed, but proud to be there, proud to play in front of his family, happy to be in France. I don’t know him in Great Britain, but I'm pretty sure he really love his French fans! And they love him! :mf_lustslow:

The whole show was fabulous! Except that I preferred the funny Jimmy and more active on stage. Now with his white face he look so serious, that I have the feeling he is happy when the tour is over. :teehee:

I didn’t make photos or a lot vids. I girl on my left side was too enthusiastic and I had her arm a lot of time in front of me. :biggrin2:

At last I would like to thank to Fanny and Lillibet, who came out and tried to get us 7 with number inside to the M&G. I was very impressed with your care. :wub2: I also thank all those who have tried to get the last seven with numbers inside. :wub2:

I love the photos from the M&G and see a lot of familiar faces; I hope you all had a good time in this very special moment. Keep the cloud number nine! :biggrin2:

Normally I don't read gig reports of concerts I haven't been to but I heard about this one being really awesome and just saw the video of the giggly Mika at the champagne m&g...:teehee:

Thank you for all the reports.

It was my 6th show and I have to say this one

was the best show I´ve been to until yet. The energy of the audience was beyond words, I had the feeling I got blown away even without Mika on stage.

Mika and the band were brilliant! So was the crowd. I always love French Mika gigs because the French fans are all so Mika-crazy (in a positive way)!

Now you two are really unbiased, so I am totally convinced - I have to add a French show next time..:blush-anim-cl:

Thanks for more reports! :groupwave:

I didn’t make photos or a lot vids. I girl on my left side was too enthusiastic and I had her arm a lot of time in front of me. :biggrin2:

ooops, now who would that be?

:aah:

I was really trying not to move too much when I saw you were filming...:blush-anim-cl:

edit: @Suzie: Yes, you should definitely do that! ;-)

ooops, now who would that be?

:aah:

I was really trying not to move too much when I saw you were filming...:blush-anim-cl:

Don't worry Mariposa. Only decided not to film, because I was afraid to take you your joy at the gig. And I've noticed that you were paying attention when I was filming, thanks! :biggrin2:

Sadly I can't upload anything, because we have tecnical problems, I'm in internet via UMTS and that I wouldn't use for uploading. :boxed:

@Tina78: I love your Kick-Ass-Video! :thumb_yello:

@Slavaniet: Thank you for your detailed report. I love it to read and your news:

"She added that they would probably be in Europe in a few months / app. six months. That's great news and I hope that it'll happen ! That'd be great."

That sounds really great! :biggrin2:

I wish you a great time in Hamburg.

@Slavaniet: Thank you for your detailed report. I love it to read and your news:

"She added that they would probably be in Europe in a few months / app. six months. That's great news and I hope that it'll happen ! That'd be great."

That sounds really great! :biggrin2:

And how great this sounds... why the hell couldn't we get enough of this guy???! :wub2:

Reading all the reports, something that was in the back of my mind is starting to make sense to me. I guess that, with the tour now finishing this is not going to be an issue, but I figured that I'd throw it out there.

When TM speak of the "people with numbers", such as in the context of this gig, where they were saying that the m&g was for "people with numbers", they are saying this because they believe that the list of people with numbers is not what it actually is to "us".

Since that infamous Nice gig, the list/numbers thing has been sort of vague, and brought up a few times, but it's very clear in my mind now what the situation is in TM's eyes. They think that we are making these lists when we go to gigs adding only the "fanclub" people to it. They don't see it as a list that merely has people as in a "first come, first serve" basis.

Their understanding of this m&g was that it was going to be for the "fanclub" people, and not for the "first 100 people who got there". But, because in their eyes it's the same thing (as " the list" only holds the fanclub people, as they think) they say: the wristbands are for the people with numbers.

It's easy for them to identify the fanclub people as "people with numbers". And this is where the weakness of this system lies.

Anyway, I just thought that I'd point this out, just expressing a thought out loud. I guess that it doesn't matter at this moment, because the tour is nearly over and I doubt that there will be any more organised meetings like this one, but I think that it's food for thought for the future.

Nice vid and pics there :

http://info.francetelevisions.fr/video-info/index-fr.php?id-video=stra_1255612_LE_DERNIER_CONC_00000ORZ_160820101149_F3&mode=simple

http://www.foire-colmar.com/fr/dimanche-15-aout/

@ Sara : well, I just saw your "PS" ! :teehee: I totally understand what you say. I wasn't there in Colmar, so I don't know exactly what happened. But I am pretty sure that on the list of 100 people that was made at Colmar, 80% of it was filled with people from the MFC but also from the two "well know" french forums as you said.

The last numbers were given to Melie and Ighins (mods of the MWS) and Lulu and Deblau that everybody know. And it was 11.30 AM.

I'm pretty sure that all these people who arrived before 11.30 AM were members of the 3 fan clubs. I agree it wasn't the case for all the gigs in France, I made the list in Nantes, before the "Nice thing" and there wasn't only people of the 3 fan clubs.

But for the Colmar thing, you can't tell to someone who arrived early, really likes Mika's music that he can't be to the list. If we do like that, someone from the 3 fan clubs could arrive at 5PM and get a number (Well, finally, that could be nice ! :naughty::teehee::biggrin2:).

I don't know, it's quite a difficult thing. But yes, I know that Mika Team thinks we all are MFCer...

But honestly, for this Colmar thing, there were maaaaaany people from the 3 fan clubs :wink2:

@ Sara : well, I just saw your "PS" ! :teehee: I totally understand what you say. I wasn't there in Colmar, so I don't know exactly what happened. But I am pretty sure that on the list of 100 people that was made at Colmar, 80% of it was filled with people from the MFC but also from the two "well know" french forums as you said.

The last numbers were given to Melie and Ighins (mods of the MWS) and Lulu and Deblau that everybody know. And it was 11.30 AM.

I'm pretty sure that all these people who arrived before 11.30 AM were members of the 3 fan clubs. I agree it wasn't the case for all the gigs in France, I made the list in Nantes, before the "Nice thing" and there wasn't only people of the 3 fan clubs.

But for the Colmar thing, you can't tell to someone who arrived early, really likes Mika's music that he can't be to the list. If we do like that, someone from the 3 fan clubs could arrive at 5PM and get a number (Well, finally, that could be nice ! :naughty::teehee::biggrin2:).

I don't know, it's quite a difficult thing. But yes, I know that Mika Team thinks we all are MFCer...

But honestly, for this Colmar thing, there were maaaaaany people from the 3 fan clubs :wink2:

Hi Deb,

:wink2:I think that you misunderstood me. I wasn't giving my own opinion on this.

I am not saying or implying in any way that people in "the list" should only be from MFC or other "forums/fanclubs", whatever you want to call these.

I'm only saying what TM think the list is made of, and that when they are letting the people in the list early, they think that they are letting in the "organised" fans (as in, members of the fanclub/major forums), ahead of the "general public"

Again, I'm not saying that this is right or wrong (we already had a heated debate about it after Nice), but just stating that this is what they think, and that it's what caused them to think that, by organising bracelets for "the people in the list", they are giving them to all the fanclub members.

What I'm trying to get at, is that I'm positive that TM wanted to do this m&g for the fanclub/forum members.

If some of them arrived too late to be in the list, they would have been excluded from the meeting (in principle, unless someone saved them a bracelet), when a "non fanclub/forum member" person who turned up earlier and was on the list, would have gotten in. This is my point. That the way TM see things, makes them organise things like this m&g, which may not be the most accurate or efficient way in the end.

After my holidays in France with my parents and more than 12 hours traveling by car I arrived at home *O*

It’s been my second Mika’s gig and as I expected it was fantastic! I loved the stage (in Barcelona was different or worse >_< xD) and all the concert, although I didn’t understand a lot of what he said T_T

I didn't know Pony Pony Run Run, and it's true that they were great :)

I took good photos (: Now I’ll choose some of the best and I’ll upload ;)

EDIT: I've tried it >_< and i can't T_T I don't know how to upload photos! xD Can anybody help me??

Edited by maRiia,,*

We used the numbers in the queue in New York to decide who received ice cream from the ice cream truck (because random passersby were approaching the truck and trying to buy ice cream so the ice cream man didn't know who should be getting ice cream and who shouldn't). Standard Toaster ended up in charge of making sure this went smoothly and Mika didn't buy ice cream for half of Manhattan. Fortuné asked ST for numbers for him and Zuleika because he thought they wouldn't be able to get an ice cream without them.

So even the Pennimans know they can't get anywhere without their queue numbers. :roftl:

Yes I totally agree with that. That's why we try to organize things like meet and greets at a different level from the queuing and try to pre-empt invites given out willy nilly. But they make it difficult when they randomly hand out wristbands without warning anyone in advance. :aah:

I think from an outsider's perspective (and Mika and his people are outsiders, really) separate forums are not relevant. You are either a part of Mika's club or you're not.

For other artists this is very black and white because you pay membership dues, etc. and become a card carrying member of the fan club but I don't think Team Mika understands how vague MFC is. The ultimate example of this is that technically Mika is supporting his own community in competition with MFC (i.e. Mikasounds) but still refers to "MFC" or "French MFC" when giving preferential treatment. :doh:

Basically what I'm trying to say is that WE (the fans) know who the hardcore fans are so no one should get bogged down in this Team Mika terminology of "MFC" when it comes to a meet and greet in France. Although the more involvement we have from MWS and MF members on MFC the easier it is to make sure that all these fans are taken care of when organization happens at a different level from the queue. For example, when the passes to the Coke private gig were distributed.

I can understand the talk of "MFC" or having passes given to MFC makes other forums nervous, but sometimes the alternative is having things distributed via Mikasounds and then you've got the equivalent of some festival person walking out and giving away wristbands to whoever happens to be standing there. At least other fans can work with each and try to make sure that things are distributed to the people that Mika wants to receive them. It's very difficult for Mika's people to do this directly because they don't know us as well as we know each other. And I guess that's why they resorted to the numbers distribution when this M&G was announced last minute. If they'd given all the wristbands to Slavaniet, instead of just 40% of them, I'm sure it would have worked out differently.

At Marseille, when i began a list ( without garantee), we were as well MF , MWS and MFC.

The french manager came and asked me if these people had a "member card", i answered yes, but as you wrote , we only have a poor badge, and not all of us....

Well , i wonder if the queue system would be MFC only or if it could stay opened to everyone who comes early, i suppose that the question have been evocated before;

i'm at work with my mobile phone! But I totally agree with what you said sara and christine ;) and sara don't worry I understood you! I know you talked about what TM thinks. I just said that in Colmar there wasn't any doubt cause people on the list were mostly hardcore fans. And I totally agree with what you say about list and Mfc/regular gig going hardcore fans of each country. And I'm so glad Team Mika all they do for us.

Reading all the reports, something that was in the back of my mind is starting to make sense to me. I guess that, with the tour now finishing this is not going to be an issue, but I figured that I'd throw it out there.

When TM speak of the "people with numbers", such as in the context of this gig, where they were saying that the m&g was for "people with numbers", they are saying this because they believe that the list of people with numbers is not what it actually is to "us".

Since that infamous Nice gig, the list/numbers thing has been sort of vague, and brought up a few times, but it's very clear in my mind now what the situation is in TM's eyes. They think that we are making these lists when we go to gigs adding only the "fanclub" people to it. They don't see it as a list that merely has people as in a "first come, first serve" basis.

Their understanding of this m&g was that it was going to be for the "fanclub" people, and not for the "first 100 people who got there". But, because in their eyes it's the same thing (as " the list" only holds the fanclub people, as they think) they say: the wristbands are for the people with numbers.

It's easy for them to identify the fanclub people as "people with numbers". And this is where the weakness of this system lies.

Anyway, I just thought that I'd point this out, just expressing a thought out loud. I guess that it doesn't matter at this moment, because the tour is nearly over and I doubt that there will be any more organised meetings like this one, but I think that it's food for thought for the future.

i think the same... i think this numbers thing is quite confussing... something like that hapenned in vigo last 14th... when john saw mary with the mfc badge said "oh,MFC,so you are managing the numbers" and mary "no...." john: :blink:....

:mf_rosetinted::mf_rosetinted:

i'm at work with my mobile phone! But I totally agree with what you said sara and christine ;) and sara don't worry I understood you! I know you talked about what TM thinks. I just said that in Colmar there wasn't any doubt cause people on the list were mostly hardcore fans. And I totally agree with what you say about list and Mfc/regular gig going hardcore fans of each country. And I'm so glad Team Mika all they do for us.

Ah, ok :naughty:, I thought that you were saying that I meant something else there.

Btw, about Colmar I understood that point (most people on the list being hardcores) but what I meant was that, as I think, there were hardcores who didn't go early to queue and therefore would not be in the list, and that this would exclude them from potential m&g's organised around the list.

Basically, I was saying what Christine said. That these things need to be organised separately from the queuing list, to make them fair and avoid problems, that's all.

In any case, and again re Colmar, I was very happy to see that this finally happened, and that it was in such a lovely environment. Yes, watching the videos one can see a few morons latching onto Mika (and one even touching his hair!!) but generally it looked like a very nice, relaxed meeting that both the fans and Mika himself enjoyed, which is really great :thumb_yello:.

i think the same... i think this numbers thing is quite confussing... something like that hapenned in vigo last 14th... when john saw mary with the mfc badge said "oh,MFC,so you are managing the numbers" and mary "no...." john: :blink:....

:mf_rosetinted::mf_rosetinted:

:naughty: Well, yes, exactly. And dearest John has even gone as far as to invent something that he calls the "French MFC" which basically constitutes all the hardcore french fans, :lmfao: which just highlights how this is all one big confusing ball of fans in his mind :roftl: