2010 - MIKA @ Foire aux Vins de Colmar - 15 August - REPORTS/PICTURES/VIDEOS

Droopsy

:naughty: Well, yes, exactly. And dearest John has even gone as far as to invent something that he calls the "French MFC" which basically constitutes all the hardcore french fans, :lmfao: which just highlights how this is all one big confusing ball of fans in his mind :roftl:

i don´t know if christine has told you about the vigo gig... if not,tell me and i´ll tell you something and you will laugh a lot..................:mf_rosetinted:

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really agree with you Sara. This should be separate thing the queue list and other one eventual perks for fan club... And for john's "french mfc" that made me laugh the first time he told me about that in Nantes! Then I understood what he meant! Ahhh John! But what happened in Vigo? Who did start the list?

Hello everybody!

Back from Colmar. What a day, the 15 of august! I enjoyed it!

We were infront of the entrance at 8:30 AM and we had the numbers 51 and 52 in the list. Yes! When the doors were opened, we saw that the front of the stage was free on the right side and we started to run to go there.

While Pony Pony Run Run was singing, a man asked me and my husband if we wanted to go on stage to dance and bear the toy boy. We said YES of course! I had a lot of stars in my eyes! Waouw! We were waiting for Mrs Penniman outside at the end of the first part. She said that we were in hurry and we repeated the death march quickly. Then, quick in the dressing room to put on our costumes. I saw Fortuné! The mask was very very big and my head very very small! It was difficult to me because it didn't stop to move on my head!I was on stage with Mika, my husband and three friends of mine!! UNFORGETABLE!!

Along the show, we were on the right side of the stage (left side for the public). So we saw almost the whole gig. I loved to see Mika's Moma singing on Kick Ass! She's proud of her son, so lovely! When we had to go on stage for the "death march", my head (the mask) got stuck in the curtain, so I started to late an became walking on the wrong foot! Bad! Sorry Mika, and sorry those that followed me...Dancing on Lollipop was realy great but I didn't see anything with my mask! I tried to dance with Slavaniet but it is not so easy that you can think it is. Backstage, I saw Mika, he was standing just infront of me almost 1 metre. Han! I was very impressed! Relax was wonderful! We went on stage without the mask! I danced with Imma, she's so nice!After the show, we had to change us and put our clothes back. We were in hurry because we had 100 bracelets to give for the meet and greet. Slavaniet was ready first, so, she took the bracelets and went away with the girl who had given it to me before (I think). In the dressing room, I saw David! Happy and me helped Mrs Penniman and Yasmine. Then, we thanked them and Maria and went to the Meet and Greet. Mika has spent a long time with his fans (so cute with his glasses). When he started to go away, I told him that we had a present for him on our table and that it was a big box. He was interrested by the BIG box! So, he met us and talked a little bit of time with us, about his voice this evening, his third album, the sadest song of Barbara (he said) "dis quand reviendras-tu",... He asked us if he could open his box (so cute Mika) but all the things inside were packed. He wanted to go away with his big box but he had a lot of gifts in his hands, the box was to big and to heavy, so he gave it to a guard. We thanked him for all he does and he went away with all the people there singing "Happy Birthday to You".

Bye bye Mika, see you soon!

I'm sorry for my bad English, I hope you undertand what I tried to tell. Some pictures are coming soon.

Ok with you Sara , about the inappropriate behaviour of certains fans: i saw this video today only and posted on MWS .

We really got a PRIVILEGE, so however old we are ( 15 or 50), we must show respect to Mika.

Quel manque de respect de l'interrompre lorsqu'il parle avec d'autres fans , c'est childish et cheap.Mika is not a good friend of us, he really seemed bored at this moment.

de plus , il était convenu de ne pas demander d'autographes , photos avec lui.:sneaky2:

hi Hélène! Thanks for your CR and so happy to read you on MFC ;) and for this vid I prefer not express myself about this "touching hair" thing cause I'm really shocked about the behaviour of these two french girls I know. We can read on Mika's face how upset he is... Pathetic

hi Hélène! Thanks for your CR and so happy to read you on MFC ;) and for this vid I prefer not express myself about this "touching hair" thing cause I'm really shocked about the behaviour of these two french girls I know. We can read on Mika's face how upset he is... Pathetic

Where can I see it??? what videoo?? i've not seen that pathetic (as u say) moment :S

Hello

wow this is a big discussion about those list etc.

Though no one has yet replied to my question of my previous post, of how this system works - how it is possible to receive a number for example, and how you know where to go.:emot-sad:

I have been to plenty Mika concerts and it seems to me impossible to work all that out.

I would not know which door to go to if I arrived at a venue early in the morning, and who tells you that a meet and greet is happening - how do you know all these things ??

Or is this a privilege to those "hardcore" MFC members? So there is a sort of "hierarchy" within this fan club?

hmmmm still waiting for someone to enlighten me...thanks !

Hilly

Hello

wow this is a big discussion about those list etc.

Though no one has yet replied to my question of my previous post, of how this system works - how it is possible to receive a number for example, and how you know where to go.:emot-sad:

I have been to plenty Mika concerts and it seems to me impossible to work all that out.

I would not know which door to go to if I arrived at a venue early in the morning, and who tells you that a meet and greet is happening - how do you know all these things ??

Or is this a privilege to those "hardcore" MFC members? So there is a sort of "hierarchy" within this fan club?

hmmmm still waiting for someone to enlighten me...thanks !

Hilly

Hi Hilly,

I will try to give you an answer. The answer is...that there is no answer :roftl:. This m&g business is very rare, and because it happens very little, there is no formal "process" to it. These things in Europe usually happen very last minute, and depending on how Mika is feeling, etc, so there are no details that people can share beforehand, because nobody knows about it.

The Colmar meeting was only decided VERY last minute, and the fans told only after the gig ended, so it was a bit chaotic for that reason. Nobody knew where to go, what to do, etc..., and they had no way to know this in advance and therefore tell others.

The numbers however, are just a way that the hardcore fans have figured out to try and "organise" the queue for a gig since very big numbers of fans started turning up to gigs early in the morning.

When person 1 gets there at 10 am, they get number 1, person 2 who comes at 10:15 gets number 2, etc.... Of course this doesn't mean that once they get their numbers people can go off and stay away for the whole day, but it gives a certain -organised- flexibility by which fans can for example go and eat or use the toilet without having to have someone else "physically" hold their spot in the queue, to know where they were before.

And ,when the time comes to go in, they go in according to their numbers, so that it's fair (first come to the queue, first to go in). Lately, Mika's management have been allowing the people in "the list" to go in a bit earlier than the "general population" in order to make it fair to those who got there earlier, to have a better spot inside.

I hope that this makes sense?

Thank you very much, Sariflor, for your reply !!

It is a bit more clear now,

although I still don't get who attributes the numbers to the waiting fans,

and where all this happens - at the normal entry doors?

And what if a huge group of fans is already waiting, who decides who gets which number?

Still a bit lost....also about the meet and greet, because at the concerts I have been to, I've never seen anyone informing fans.

Or is it just a matter of being at the right place at the right time, or knowing the right people?

:dunno:

Greetings from confused

Thank you very much, Sariflor, for your reply !!

It is a bit more clear now,

although I still don't get who attributes the numbers to the waiting fans,

And what if a huge group of fans is already waiting, who decides who gets which number?

Still a bit lost....also about the meet and greet, because at the concerts I have been to, I've never seen anyone informing fans.

Or is it just a matter of being at the right place at the right time, or knowing the right people?

:dunno:

Greetings from confused

-The numbers are given by the fans themselves, who make a list. For obvious reasons, the list is made (and kept, by adding people to it as they arrive) by the people who get there first.

This happens at the regular entrance, yes.

-If a large group gets there at the same time: The situation where a few people get there at the EXACT same time will only happen if they are coming together (ie, they are friends) in which case it's their "problem" to decide who gets which number.

So, if there are 3 people in the queue at 11 am and suddenly a group of 5 arrives, these new people should get numbers 4,5,6,7,and 8.

They need to decide which person gets 4, which one gets 5, etc.

-If there are a large group of fans already there, who have not numbered themselves there, and one of the "hardcores" arrives, they will explain about the list, and ask them to number themselves in the order in which they arrived, or, if they are friends and came together, in whichever order they prefer.

The situation would be the same if they didn't have a number: one person would go in before another one.

If these fans refuse to get into the numbered list...then that is their choice, but they are always told how this system works and that by refusing to be on the list and cooperate, they will go in after the "numbered" people.

But, to be honest, the situation where you have a large group of "non hardcore" fans waiting earlier then when the others arrive is very unusual.

-re the meeting, as I said, this is a rare exception, so it really depends on the ocasion, and there are no rules as to how it works. In this case, somebody informed some of the fans who were on stage, I believe.

I still don't get who attributes the numbers to the waiting fans,

Let me reply this briefly.

It is the first fans arriving who start the list and usually continue writing it until they reach a certain number or finish it by a certain hour. The first fans are usually MFCers ( :naughty: ) so it really starts automatically by the first ones arriving. On the odd occasion there are already (usually local) non-MFCer fans waiting outside at the doors when first MFCers arrive, MFCers explain them all about this list and if they accept it, MFCers start the list putting first arrivals first ..etc. (similar thing happened in Helsinki, for example).

The general rule is that everybody gets a number who accepts ad agrees with the basic "rules" even if they do not ask for a number. Usually the MFCers writing the list approach anyone who seem to be waiting for the gig and ask if they want a number.

Depending on the size of the gig itself, the list goes to only a certain number of people (e.g. 50 / 70 / 150) or is stopped at a certain time as it makes no sense to keep a long list. Fans arriving later just form their own (second ) queue.

The system is not complicated at all:wink2:

As for the earlier suggestions on creating a separate list in case any special m&g might happen later - yes I agree that it should probably be MFC only. It's not that it happens so often:teehee: Anyway, you can simply mark MFCers on the list when they arrive (when I handled it, for example, I usually asked for their MFC name so that I'd know if they are on the forum or not.)

PS_I can't believe we are already discussing queueing 2011 already...:roftl:

Sariflor and Suzie,

Thanks very much for your explanations.

At least now I know why I never got right to the front at the concerts I've been to, although I was there early (apparently not early enough!)

At least now I know why I never got right to the front at the concerts I've been to, although I was there early (apparently not early enough!)

yes, it always depends on what time 50/100/... fans have shown up - which is different at every gig.

For example at the Stuttgart gig in March there were only about 25 people there by 5pm while in Colmar number 100 was given at 11:30am iirc.

yes, it always depends on what time 50/100/... fans have shown up - which is different at every gig.

For example at the Stuttgart gig in March there were only about 25 people there by 5pm while in Colmar number 100 was given at 11:30am iirc.

In Lisbon, by 6 pm we only had like 80 people (mostly non-MFCers), and John had asked a list with 100... :naughty:

In Lisbon, by 6 pm we only had like 80 people (mostly non-MFCers), and John had asked a list with 100... :naughty:

and mary was looking for people all around like "hey you,please... do you want a number?? please... let me give you a number..." :roftl:

and lots of people were like "no....:blink: i do´t want your freaking numbers....:blink: "

and we: :shocked::shocked:

Sariflor and Suzie,

Thanks very much for your explanations.

For this gig the first fan arrived at 5 am :boxed: I was number 31 and I arrived at 7 am, but I was in the first rank at the gig :biggrin2:

and mary was looking for people all around like "hey you,please... do you want a number?? please... let me give you a number..." :roftl:

and lots of people were like "no....:blink: i do´t want your freaking numbers....:blink: "

and we: :shocked::shocked:

:roftl::roftl::roftl:

But in France it's different there's a lots of fans and the liste very quickly arrive at 100 numbers before 1 pm :naughty:

I found OFFICIAL VIDs on DailyMotion.

Interview Mika Foire aux vins Colmar 2010(00:18)

Interview Mika Foire aux vins Colmar 2010(01:28)

and short LIVE video

Concert Mika Foire aux vins Colmar 2010

and short LIVE video

Video number 2:teehee: (the first one is the same beggining :teehee:)

Text: It's the end of your tour...

Mika: its the las show in France until the next album. And i'm happy it's here, cause i remember the last time i was here, i had so much fun! So its perfect...

Text: How are you feeling a week before the end of your tour?

Mika: I'm ending this tour with a better attitude then when i started it. I enjoyed myself and i went through different phases during this tour. Like in Spain, at the beggining of the tour, we started to play for 1.000 people. Then we did Arènes (i have NO idea how to translate that:blink:) half full, then we did it for 10.000 people and then, yesterday, we sang for 15.000 people! So, during a year and a half, we started climbing up. So I'm really happy. It's good. It makes me excited to work on my third record, and thats the most important thing...

Text: Your second album isnt selling as much as the first one...

Mika: Even if the sales are less agressive than for the first one, we're selling twice as many tickets for the shows then we did before. Thats gives me confidence. Thats what gives you a long career.

Mika: its the las show in France until the next album. And i'm happy it's here, cause i remember the last time i was here, i had so much fun! So its perfect...

Mika: I'm ending this tour with a better attitude then when i started it. I enjoyed myself and i went through different phases during this tour. Like in Spain, at the beggining of the tour, we started to play for 1.000 people. Then we did Arènes (i have NO idea how to translate that:blink:) half full, then we did it for 10.000 people and then, yesterday, we sang for 15.000 people! So, during a year and a half, we started climbing up. So I'm really happy. It's good. It makes me excited to work on my third record, and thats the most important thing...

Mika: Even if the sales are less agressive than for the first one, we're selling twice as many tickets for the shows then we did before. Thats gives me confidence. Thats what gives you a long career.

Awww thanks for your translation! :wub2::wub2:

the third album.....:teehee: hope we don't have to wait too much long time :wub2:

and short LIVE video

thanx :huglove:

sorry mika.... you are wrong man... you performed in Barcelona for over 6.000 people... not 1.000........ perhaps the 5.000 you missed were in the bar when you decided to count them....:mf_rosetinted: (well,it´s spain......)

thanx :huglove:

sorry mika.... you are wrong man... you performed in Barcelona for over 6.000 people... not 1.000........ perhaps the 5.000 you missed were in the bar when you decided to count them....:mf_rosetinted: (well,it´s spain......)

:lmao:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!