2010 - MIKA @ Foire aux Vins de Colmar - 15 August - REPORTS/PICTURES/VIDEOS

Droopsy

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanx :huglove:

sorry mika.... you are wrong man... you performed in Barcelona for over 6.000 people... not 1.000........ perhaps the 5.000 you missed were in the bar when you decided to count them....:mf_rosetinted: (well,it´s spain......)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mika perhaps refers to his concert in Ibiza with 1000 fans...It was the first concert by Mika in Spain? I don,t know!

:cheerful_h4h:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mika perhaps refers to his concert in Ibiza with 1000 fans...It was the first concert by Mika in Spain? I don,t know!

:cheerful_h4h:

but they´re talking about THIS tour....

and.... there were 1000 people in ibiza??:teehee: i thought there were like 200......:teehee:

I found OFFICIAL VIDs on DailyMotion.

Interview Mika Foire aux vins Colmar 2010(00:18)

Interview Mika Foire aux vins Colmar 2010(01:28)

and short LIVE video

Concert Mika Foire aux vins Colmar 2010

Video number 2:teehee: (the first one is the same beggining :teehee:)

Text: It's the end of your tour...

Mika: its the las show in France until the next album. And i'm happy it's here, cause i remember the last time i was here, i had so much fun! So its perfect...

Text: How are you feeling a week before the end of your tour?

Mika: I'm ending this tour with a better attitude then when i started it. I enjoyed myself and i went through different phases during this tour. Like in Spain, at the beggining of the tour, we started to play for 1.000 people. Then we did Arènes (i have NO idea how to translate that:blink:) half full, then we did it for 10.000 people and then, yesterday, we sang for 15.000 people! So, during a year and a half, we started climbing up. So I'm really happy. It's good. It makes me excited to work on my third record, and thats the most important thing...

Text: Your second album isnt selling as much as the first one...

Mika: Even if the sales are less agressive than for the first one, we're selling twice as many tickets for the shows then we did before. Thats gives me confidence. Thats what gives you a long career.

thank you!! :flowers2:

• 5 weeks later...
Here is an interview before the show :blush-anim-cl:

http://www.foire-colmar-tv.com/video.php?key=6dm2kZqvxd

Sorry' date=' it's in french, but i guess someone could translate it :wink2:[/quote']

:flowers2:grace<3 :flowers2:kaatje066 Thank you very much!!

Mika - Interview à la foire Foire aux Vins de Colmar by ysa83

Thanks for uploading, Ysa! :wub2:

:bow: I need translation of this VIDEO!!!!

Edited by Kumazzz

:flowers2:grace<3 :flowers2:kaatje066 Thank you very much!!

Mika - Interview à la foire Foire aux Vins de Colmar by ysa83

Thanks for uploading, Ysa! :wub2:

:bow: I need translation of this VIDEO!!!!

I believe we already have it somewhere...anyway I will either find it or translate it this afternoon when the babies take their nap!

He talks about how intense Colmar was and about his mother giving the audience glowing bracelets so he could see the 18OOO people who'd come to see him in the dark....that's a little of it; I'll translate the rest when my teens are at school and when the three babies nap! :huglove:

Edited by crazyaboutmika

Tonight is my last gig in France, so this is the last concert in France till my next album and I'm delighted it takes place here because I remember last time I had so much fun that it's perfect!

I think the show is better, a bit more intense, we have more control on stage and we have fun.

There's also the same team that's here, the family that's here, always the same musicians (most of them), and still the same energy. (Mika smiles)

There's something funny in a gig, when you're on tour you know that you are as good as your worst concert and it gives us a pressure, we have to concentrate (be the best) every night, it's very important. And I believe that makes you stick to reality (keep your feet on earth) , really because basically what matters is the concert!

I always have this theory that when I write a song, I'm not writing it myself, I catch it from somewhere and sometimes I'm stealing it from somebody else around the world and I never remember how it happens but that's the feeling I have as if I were in my bedromm and there are songs in the air and you have the be the first who steals it! (he smiles)

I'm not the type of person who likes to do the same thing twice, I must invent every time i want to do something totally dfferent, this is my challenge, to be frank this is the only way I can do it.

Of course there's a rist, there's always a risk, always; on my last tour I was using a bit dark, theatrical style, totally different from the first album tour. It was a rist, the showpaces were bigger and I spent all my money on it but I'm tatally pleased with it because it took me in a different direction in live. it was not childish or too sweet anymore any more; it was more balanced between seriousness/darkness and happiness/sugar because when you mix both , it becomes a lot more interesting.

The stage here is quite exceptional like an american arena like a shed (it's the american word for it), a baseball shed so the sound jumps back on us, it's incredible what you can feel on stage here, it's really unique, there are not a lot of places like that, Nîmes is a bit like that as well yes.

I was in Bercy and n the first night it was great ,we had a wonderful timeI was very happy but my mother who was on the tour, she was wroking and she was very dissapointed because she said there are 18000 peopel here and we can't see them, what's the use to play for these 18000 people if we can't see them, so she prepared a surpise for me; on the next morning she left with my tout manager and she bought herself 50000 or 60000 UV bracelets that light up and sparkle and she gave them for free to each person in Bercy showroom. That was her gift to me and when I git up on stage I had a fantastic suprise to see the whole place illuminated with the audience wearing the bracelets that were sparkling.That was incredible! (Bright smile)

It's about wanting to do things well and that's what is the most important for me, yes.

Everyone in the team (because we're a group travelling together since April 2009 we're on this tour which will end in a week. so everyone needs to have energy and will to do something beautiful!

Edited by crazyaboutmika

Sorry, I upload yesterday on Youtube my video of the M&G but there's nothing new :roftl:

merci:flowers2:

Sorry' date=' it's in french, but i guess someone could translate it :wink2:[/quote']

Thanks Karin :thumb_yello:

I put it on YT :

thanks everyone for all the links to this interview:flowers2:

Watching videos from Colmar brings back so many memories of this absolutely brilliant gig:wub2:

Thanks Karin :thumb_yello:

I put it on YT :

Tonight is my last gig in France' date=' so this is the last concert in France till my next album and I'm delighted it takes place here because I remember last time I had so much fun that it's perfect!

I think the show is better, a bit more intense, we have more control on stage and we have fun.

There's also the same team that's here, the family that's here, always the same musicians (most of them), and still the same energy. (Mika smiles)

There's something funny in a gig, when you're on tour you know that you are as good as your worst concert and it gives us a pressure, we have to concentrate (be the best) every night, it's very important. And I believe that makes you stick to reality (keep your feet on earth) , really because basically what matters is the concert!

I always have this theory that when I write a song, I'm not writing it myself, I catch it from somewhere and sometimes I'm stealing it from somebody else around the world and I never remember how it happens but that's the feeling I have as if I were in my bedromm and there are songs in the air and you have the be the first who steals it! (he smiles)

I'm not the type of person who likes to do the same thing twice, I must invent every time i want to do something totally dfferent, this is my challenge, to be frank this is the only way I can do it.

Of course there's a rist, there's always a risk, always; on my last tour I was using a bit dark, theatrical style, totally different from the first album tour. It was a rist, the showpaces were bigger and I spent all my money on it but I'm tatally pleased with it because it took me in a different direction in live. it was not childish or too sweet anymore any more; it was more balanced between seriousness/darkness and happiness/sugar because when you mix both , it becomes a lot more interesting.

The stage here is quite exceptional like an american arena like a shed (it's the american word for it), a baseball shed so the sound jumps back on us, it's incredible what you can feel on stage here, it's really unique, there are not a lot of places like that, Nîmes is a bit like that as well yes.

I was in Bercy and n the first night it was great ,we had a wonderful timeI was very happy but my mother who was on the tour, she was wroking and she was very dissapointed because she said there are 18000 peopel here and we can't see them, what's the use to play for these 18000 people if we can't see them, so she prepared a surpise for me; on the next morning she left with my tout manager and she bought herself 50000 or 60000 UV bracelets that light up and sparkle and she gave them for free to each person in Bercy showroom. That was her gift to me and when I git up on stage I had a fantastic suprise to see the whole place illuminated with the audience wearing the bracelets that were sparkling.That was incredible! (Bright smile)

It's about wanting to do things well and that's what is the most important for me, yes.

Everyone in the team (because we're a group travelling together since April 2009 we're on this tour which will end in a week. so everyone needs to have energy and will to do something beautiful![/quote']thank you everyone! :flowers2: