hey guys please read !!! ... pretty please !!!

John Alan

Hey guys it’s John Ashmore (Stagename John Alan) and yes it’s the same John Ashmore that appeared on X Factor.I’ve been on this site for awhile now and recently, I’ve not been on the website because I’ve been so scared that I may find someone criticizing me and making fun of me, like they have been on youtube.

I would just like to get my side of the story across, now many of you of saw my audition, interviews etc: on TV.after 3 auditions previously (long story) I will be honest, I was quite excited about seeing myself on the show, but when I saw it I felt like crying because my footage both audio and visual had been edited to death. On the actual day, I had not slept in 2 days, so I was physically drained and didn’t feel fit enough for any interviews, auditions etc: Because I mentioned during the interviews that i danced, Connie was making me feel pressured into dancing for the camera and same with the other stuff. As for the audition itself, it went down ok, I sang 2 songs (which simon chose) , . I have been singing all my life and had four ... yes … that’s four singing teachers and on the day the song’s I sang went down ok to say I was pretty drained and I DID NOT hit no bum notes as it’s seen on TV and I’m really upset on how they tampered with my vocals. They’ve not only done this to me but they did it to the other acts that didn’t get through. For example there was a group named "Divided" and they were Great and I thought “wow they have a good chance of winning” and during their audition they sounded amazing, why the judges said no I’ve no idea, but what I do know is they made them sound awful on TV, in which I thought was wrong. And NO I don’t just sing in falsetto in fact is more in my normal voice than falsetto and in the interviews they pressured me to scream for the cameras more than once which I wasn’t very happy about, cus it hurt.

the worst part is, is that people who don't know me, actually belelive what happened on the show was acurate and arr probably hating on me !!! which has really upset and has resulted in me losing the little confidence i have

Since my time on the show, I feel that all my talents, hard work and achievements have been stripped from me and I don’t know what to do anymore, my passion in the arts run’s very deep and music, acting etc: it means the world to me, knowing I have talent in this area has always made me a happy person but not recently because I feel talentless and feel that all my hard work was for nothing

Anyway, I wrote today to say sorry to you if you saw that footage on the show, please please don’t hate me, I love Mika (i saw him in sheffield and he was awsome !!! :D) just like you guys and I love you guys on here. I think your great people on here and the Mika fan is props one of the best forums on the net !!! , I also want to apolosige to Mika personally, but I doubt that I will ever meet him as I couldn’t bare Mika being upset !!! :( with me as I love him and his beautiful music !!!, if anyone (for whatever reason) could pass my message to Mika i would be greatful.

also i would like to say i don't just sing song's a write them aswell, dance, act and play instruements !!! :)

i hope i didn't bore you all to much and thanks for your time !!!

John

plus if you would like to listening to how i REALLY sound here is a website were i have uploaded some cover's i have (and original song's will be uploaded once they are finished !!! :) )

http://audioboo.fm/JTunes

and here's my youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/johnalantheofficial?feature=mhum

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't know anything about this story. Haven't seen any show like that, but it sounds like you've had a hard time. But I can give you one advise: true talent will allways succeed. Even if it takes a long time. These shows are not for everyone the right way to follow! Take care!:thumb_yello:

Oh my! Well I am sure people don't hate you John! Please don't think that.

From my point of view, I'd never have the bottle to go on a show like that so for everyone that gives it a go, good or bad , talented or not, I really admire them.

PS I don't for a minute think Mika would be upset either.

Hi John, why would we hate anyone for not hitting all the notes in a Mika song?

As this is an international forum, most people are unlikely have any clue about the story but in any case, let me thank you for choosing a Mika song to sing in a talent show :thumb_yello:

all i can say is (as i don't watch he show due to the possibility of these things and they humiliate people) go for it next year and hope to god they've stopped doing these ridiculous things...

Or go on Britain's Got Talent :biggrin2:

or you could keep trying to give demos out (i have no clue how the music industry works btw :aah:) because as Jojotje said true talent always wins :thumb_yello: and quite frankly X Factor winners always annoy me anyway :aah: and this season is awful (i skipped past the programme a bit)

Hi John :bye:

Don't worry that much, I'm sure no one hates you...if it's your passion and you work hard success will come eventually, hard work is never for nothing. Also don't take criticizing and making fun of (especially on internet!) too much to the heart, it's inevitable in every public profession. As they say, keep calm and carry on...good luck!:original:

Ah John, this is what reality TV has boiled down to these days I'm afraid. It must have been quite an experience for you but perhaps you have now discovered that the X Factor isn't really the way to get famous or become successful - the minority of finalists from X Factor are successful but the rest have all been dropped and forgotten. I know you're ambitious because I remember you posting links so people could hear you sing, so I hope you don't lose this part of you.

The key is perseverence. If it's something you really, really love, then you just have to keep trying. I know it's hard work and giving up is the easier option, but if it's something you really want then go ahead and do it.

If there was a cookie jar and it was sitting on a shelf out of my reach and I REALLY wanted a cookie (or 10), I wouldn't walk away. I'd get a freakin' ladder :roftl: Or at least climb on a few things...

So...yeah. I'm not surprised that X Factor fiddled with vocals, it came out earlier in the series that autotune was used on some contestants. Reality TV isn't reality anymore. Chase your dream elsewhere :)

Oh good, another reason to dislike X Factor.

I'm not totally surprised by this, it's supposed to be a talent show, but it's more like an exploitation show, hence why I don't like it.

I'm sorry that your experience was a bad one, my friend went to the auditions in Bristol a few years back, and he's a trained classical singer, and they didn't let him go through. That's when I realised it was not on the level.

Don't let it knock your confidence, I heard you sing Relax, and thought your mid range was excellent, spot on. Not sure why they would have messed with the falsetto part, that seems a bit stupid to me.

Good luck in the future, I'm sure that you will do well:thumb_yello:

hey guy's, just like to say thank you all for the kind words, they mean alot !!! :), ... lol the cookie saying cazgirl !!! lol,

to be honest come to think of it, i'm kind of glad i'm not in it anymore because i kind of dislike all the media nonsense that surrounds x factor and one things it for sure it defo portrays itself to be something it's not.Bot being being big headed but i also find it really really fishy how i've won several singing compotitions singing "Relax" and once reprisented my county then i end up singing the exact same song and it's a far different story !!! hhhmmmm ???. and also it's rised alot of questions and caused some up roar from the people that know me and know my voice quite well and they thought they'd tampered with the vocals ..., but having there was a group called divided and their auditions was amazing but went were on TV they sounded totally different !!!

like i said thank all you for the kind words and support and like Vedrana said i'm just gonna keep clam and carry on !!! , i'll probs have nothing to do with the program now and carry on in my own little way and keep writing song's ect: !!!, my song's arn't ready to record or perfrom but thier time will come !!! :)

if you wanna listen to a studio version of Relax that i did (bout 2 years ago) i've posted it here and if you hear anymore just click on my username !!! :)http://audioboo.fm/boos/183982-relax-take-it-easy

HIIII!

Yeah, I don't know your story, because I don't have cable. . . but you sound pretty dang good dude! Like others have said, be strong, carry on, and in my experience, as long as you have a passion for what you're doing (Like you obviously do) you can do anything. You just have to study the industry more, I suppose. Success doesn't come from game shows or contests, it takes effort and drive and complete determination, and education.

*sends luck vibes* Keep on rockin and you'll get on that roll. (haha random wisdom!)

• 1 month later...
HIIII!

Yeah, I don't know your story, because I don't have cable. . . but you sound pretty dang good dude! Like others have said, be strong, carry on, and in my experience, as long as you have a passion for what you're doing (Like you obviously do) you can do anything. You just have to study the industry more, I suppose. Success doesn't come from game shows or contests, it takes effort and drive and complete determination, and education.

*sends luck vibes* Keep on rockin and you'll get on that roll. (haha random wisdom!)

sorry for late reply dude !!!, thank you very much for the nice words !!!, yeah i've carried on keeping the old chin up, carried writting songs etc:, like you say sucess doesn't come from games show's etc:. The good thing is my determination keeps me going !!!

once again thanks for the kind words and thanks the luck vides !!! lol

hope you had a nice christmas and have a groovy new year !!! :)

OMG youre the guy who sang relax! aww I'm sorry :(

that's ok !!! luv !!! :), i don't shows like that is the way forword for me anyway ... i wanna know what i really sound like ... i recorded Relax way before being on that program !!! , you listening to it here http://audioboo.fm/boos/183982-relax-take-it-easy and i've posted loads of other song on here too, feel free to listen to them and origianl song will be posted soon !!!

and if you have facebook , i sung it like here and the won the singing comp http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=11814497837&subj=793572837

hope you hope a nice christmas and a groovy new year !!! :)

that's ok !!! luv !!! :), i don't shows like that is the way forword for me anyway ... i wanna know what i really sound like ... i recorded Relax way before being on that program !!! , you listening to it here http://audioboo.fm/boos/183982-relax-take-it-easy and i've posted loads of other song on here too, feel free to listen to them and origianl song will be posted soon !!!

and if you have facebook , i sung it like here and the won the singing comp http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=11814497837&subj=793572837

hope you hope a nice christmas and a groovy new year !!! :)

i listened to it yesterday =)

you to! =)

• 4 months later...

hello, everyone i hope all my fellow Mika fan's are very well !!! :) ... sorry i've absent lately as i've been writing my own material !!! :) ... i just need a little bit of advice ... you see i'm gettng alittle fed up of being mocked by "nieve" people who have seen me on tv and beleive that the way x factor protraded me was for real (i'm not saying that everyone is doing it) although i'm known for not caring about what people think of me ... sometimes the nasty comments said to me get me down sometimes (sorry for sounding dramatic !!! lol) and i want to do something to defend myself because (i'm very seroius about my music/acting etc: and i've come a very long way and spend alot of money since my vocal training and uni) ... i was thinking about contacting some sort of newpaper and tell them my story but i just don't know if it's a good or bad idea ??? or keep quite and carry on ???, what do you guys think ??? a part of me feels that pubic attention may not be a good idea !!! ... (i know one things for sure ... my experience haven't given to good song subjects !!! lol)

Archived