Not everything needs a thread

no way:mf_rosetinted:

I´m not enough rich to pay for a Russian teacher :mf_rosetinted:

I speak Russian and I played piano a bit in my childhood, so I can pretend to be a Russian teacher LOL

:mf_rosetinted:

yup you do:mf_rosetinted:

and careful, he might sleepwalk around Paris....:mf_rosetinted:

never move to Paris, Rosita!

Today, when we it´s 6.10pm, 28th of June, Roxane in msn:

OH MY GOD!!!!!! THE NEW ALBUM!!!! THE ORIGIN OF LOVE!!! IT MAKES "TOOL" :floor: :floor: :floor:

me: :mf_rosetinted:

roxane: you already realised? :mf_rosetinted:

me: maybe :mf_rosetinted:

:lmfao:

What can I say...? Not surprised at all :naughty:

:shocked::blink::teehee::roftl:

:dunno: he never told me!

why?

HAHA. He never told you. :lol3:

Because he's going to be in Niagara Falls next month (for some interview thing). I don't want to pay $100+ for a ticket, so I figured I'd walk around Niagara in the hopes of bumping into him, however miniscule the chances of that are. :naughty:

• 2 weeks later...

ok. Mika is dyslexic, and we have heard many times that it increase his artistic skills. I thought it was funny and stuff, but now I´ve been told that my son might be dyslexic and I don´t find it funny anymore. Poor kid can´t write a single number right, and he is slooooooooow at reading... Each time I need to make him read, he starts to cry (he´s still 4 years old) and starts to say nonsenses... it´s hard... I don´t want him to be artistic (no need to say, that even he loves to play keyboards since he was 2 yo, the poor kid has no musical instinct at all :aah:), but seriously, this is hard to see how you are trying to make him read a very simple word, and he can only recognise the vocals.... :tears:

ok. Mika is dyslexic, and we have heard many times that it increase his artistic skills. I thought it was funny and stuff, but now I´ve been told that my son might be dyslexic and I don´t find it funny anymore. Poor kid can´t write a single number right, and he is slooooooooow at reading... Each time I need to make him read, he starts to cry (he´s still 4 years old) and starts to say nonsenses... it´s hard... I don´t want him to be artistic (no need to say, that even he loves to play keyboards since he was 2 yo, the poor kid has no musical instinct at all :aah:), but seriously, this is hard to see how you are trying to make him read a very simple word, and he can only recognise the vocals.... :tears:

Gosh, your kids have to learn to read with 4 years??? :shocked:

:huglove:

My daughter is dyslexic too, but we only found out when she was already 7, 8 years old...

Don't you think is too early for him? Maybe let him go, don't push at him for some time. If you won't give him a negative experience about reading (if he cries - it is very bad!), in a while he himself will want to learn.

My daughter reads from her 5-6 years, and now she is avid reader.

I think your son is not ready. It is really strange that in your country kids have to read so early. In USSR kids officially started to learn reading in 6-7 years, but my country was considered one of the most reading in the world.

Don't you think is too early for him? Maybe let him go, don't push at him for some time. If you won't give him a negative experience about reading (if he cries - it is very bad!), in a while he himself will want to learn.

I think your son is not ready. It is really strange that in your country kids have to read so early. In USSR kids officially started to learn reading in 6-7 years, but my country was considered one of the most reading in the world.

:thumb_yello:

Gosh, your kids have to learn to read with 4 years??? :shocked:

:huglove:

My daughter is dyslexic too, but we only found out when she was already 7, 8 years old...

well, all his mates can already read... they read capital letter, I mean, they read HOUSE DOG ICE-CREAM but still can´t read "house,dog ice-cream"... the fact is that he is just one boy among 25 kids-who-can-read, so he needs to do an effort to follow his mates rythm, do you understand?? I don´t want to push him, or to see him cry, but next year they will learn to read lower case letters, and he can´t even read capital letters... well, he can read them, but he messes D and B, many times A and E and stuff like that. But what is worst is with the numbers, since he, when writes numbers from 1 to 9 he only writes fine 5 and 8. All the other numbers are written the wrong way round... ALL OF THEM. that´s what made her teacher suspicious...

and I don´t have money to hire a russian teacher :mf_rosetinted:

well, all his mates can already read... they read capital letter, I mean, they read HOUSE DOG ICE-CREAM but still can´t read "house,dog ice-cream"... the fact is that he is just one boy among 25 kids-who-can-read, so he needs to do an effort to follow his mates rythm, do you understand?? I don´t want to push him, or to see him cry, but next year they will learn to read lower case letters, and he can´t even read capital letters... well, he can read them, but he messes D and B, many times A and E and stuff like that. But what is worst is with the numbers, since he, when writes numbers from 1 to 9 he only writes fine 5 and 8. All the other numbers are written the wrong way round... ALL OF THEM. that´s what made her teacher suspicious...

I'm really shocked.

My kids would have failed completley in your country. They needed their time although both came into school with 7 years.

I think 4 years is much to early, but, well, when school system's like this in your country you have to cope with it...:dunno:

In my country their is a dyslexic-union where you can find help and kind of trainings...is there none at yours?

I'm really shocked.

My kids would have failed completley in your country. They needed their time although both came into school with 7 years.

I think 4 years is much to early, but, well, when school system's like this in your country you have to cope with it...:dunno:

In my country their is a dyslexic-union where you can find help and kind of trainings...is there none at yours?

Not for so young kids. Teacher told me at the beginning of the year (when we realised he was written number 3 the wrong way round) that it was normal, cause at this early ages, their brains are not "positioned" yet (sorry, the barrier of language makes it difficult to me :aah:), and we should wait like one or two years to see if he would learn by himself. But when at the end of the year (last june) she realised that he was doing all numbers that way, she said that maybe he was dyslexic, cause it´s not that he failed only sometimes (as other kids do) he writes numbers the wrong way round ALWAYS. His class is the most advanced at school (it´s just a matter of luck, kids were learning fast, so the teacher was teaching them more and more, it´s not that he is in a "super-clever-kids class", but his teacher is a good one, and kids were responding fine... Even though she told me not to tell the kid to write the numbers right, she told me "every now and then, tell Asier to write the numbers, and check them out. Maybe he is written them right after a while". But last time I checked it was yesterday and he´s still the same. And he is crying each time I ask him to read... Teacher told me it was important for the kids to keep on reading cause they´ll need to remember what they learnt this year for the following one... I don´t know what to do :aah:

thank you! No, I live in Valencia... I know there´s a helper for this kind of kids at school, but they don´t work with dyslexic kids till they are 7 or so... I was told to spend time with him reading, so his brain wouldn´t forget what he learnt, but it´s more and more difficult each time...

thank you! No, I live in Valencia... I know there´s a helper for this kind of kids at school, but they don´t work with dyslexic kids till they are 7 or so... I was told to spend time with him reading, so his brain wouldn´t forget what he learnt, but it´s more and more difficult each time...

Poor little boy, poor mom :huglove:

It's just frustrating and spoils joy with school...

Poor little boy, poor mom :huglove:

It's just frustrating and spoils joy with school...

now I´m understanding why he was a bit "different" last months. Teacher told me once "Asier is havinb a worse behavior now than before"... it must be cause maybe he was feeling too much pressure on him... I´ll try to keep on with the fight against the reading, though I have the feeling that it won´t lead me anywhere...

I should call Mama P :mf_rosetinted:

Rosa, hubby is dyslexic and unfortunately we found out just a few years ago

He had problems at school and everyone thought, he was lazy/didn't study or was intelligent enough; unfortunately 30/40 years ago dyslexya wasn't well known or recognized.

On the contrary you're lucky you have discovered so soon about that, and today dyslexia is well known and recognized, so, in case he is, you have all means to help him become a happy and successful guy.

Dyslexic children/people are usually more intelligent, creative (even genius) and sensitive than others, have talents 'normal' people don't have, so you don't need to be sad at all, but try to discover his talents and appreciate his qualities

if he needs more time to learn it doesn't matter, they usually have more time to learn/study at school and do that in a different way, coz they usually use a different part of the brain than us, they think and learn differently, in a less rational way.

They're very good orally, but have issues with writing

So what I suggest you is to be patient, emphasize his qualities and praise him when he does well, it's very important for his self esteem.

Encourage him to learn/study what he likes more and develop his inner qualities and talents

They're often artists, like music, drawing, painting

and yes, look for an association where you live, I'm sure they'll give you precious advice and above all find out, if he really is.

you can also search on the net, read about dyslexia, and it would be a good thing to talk to moms with dyslexic children, who can share their experience with you.

I'm sure it'd be of great help: you'll find out dyslexia isn't necessarily a bad thing, you just have to be aware of and live according to it.

They're different but in a good way, to them we are the weird ones :naughty:

they're not dumb at all

Edited by mari62

Rosa, hubby is dyslexic and unfortunately we found out just a few years ago

He had problems at school and everyone thought, he was lazy/didn't study or was intelligent enough; unfortunately 30/40 years ago dyslexya wasn't well known or recognized.

On the contrary you're lucky you have discovered so soon about that, and today dyslexia is well known and recognized, so, in case he is, you have all means to help him become a happy and successful guy.

Dyslexic children/people are usually more intelligent, creative (even genius) and sensitive than others, have talents 'normal' people don't have, so you don't need to be sad at all, but try to discover his talents and appreciate his qualities

if he needs more time to learn it doesn't matter, they usually have more time to learn/study at school and do that in a different way, coz they usually use a different part of the brain than us, they think and learn differently, in a less rational way.

They're very good orally, but have issues with writing

So what I suggest you is to be patient, emphasize his qualities and praise him when he does well, it's very important for his self esteem.

Encourage him to learn/study what he likes more and develop his inner qualities and talents

They're often artists, like music, drawing, painting

and yes, look for an association where you live, I'm sure they'll give you precious advice and above all find out, if he really is.

you can also search on the net, read about dyslexia, and it would be a good thing to talk to moms with dyslexic children, who can share their experience with you.

I'm sure it'd be of great help: you'll find out dyslexia isn't necessarily a bad thing, you just have to be aware of and live according to it.

They're different but in a good way, to them we are the weird ones :naughty:

they're not dumb at all

Artistically, my son has no skills at all :aah: he can´t draw, or paint, or sing... he doesn´t like music at all... he just loves taekwondo or any other martial art... (yes, even it´s the word "art" on it, it has nothing to do with art :aah:) and I dont want to encourage him to be fighting all the time with everybody... each time his dad comes from work, he´s always eager to fight with him (in a martial way, of course) but it is not good to earn a living, if you understand what I mean...

I also assume there are different grades in dyslexia and thinking about the face his teacher did when she saw all the numbers my son wrote, I feel as if it was worse than usually.

I don´t think my son is more clever than any other kid, in fact... well... he is normal, or even less intelligent than the rest. He still can´t talk properly... The only thing his teacher was happy with, it was because when he reads, no matter how time he needs to read a word, he knows exactly what it means... I mean... when kids are little, they can read WED-NES-DAY but when they end it, they can´t remember what they read. He can do that, he remembers, but for the rest of his skills... nothing.

I can´t find help yet, cause it´s not contemplated here to help boys with dyslexia till they are 7, so there´s nothing to do now, and I really see he´s going to lose his mates rythm....

Anyway, thank you every one for your support... :huglove:

I'm really shocked.

There is no way to decide whether a child is dyslectic or not in the age of four!:sneaky2:

All kids write the numbers and letters "the wrong way" like it was written in a mirror, right?

That is a phase of the brains development!

It's hard for me to explain exactly what I mean in English but I'll give it a try.

I'm a preschool teacher in my basic education, and I have seen thousands of children through the years, they all write letters that way, it is absolutely nothing to worry about!!!:thumb_yello:

It scares me that a person who call herself a teacher doesn't have more knowledge of the natural development of a child.

I'm sure he will both write and count numbers properly when his brain is ready for that, you wouldn't force a child to walk before it was able to do it on it's own would you?

What you can do while waiting for your little one to grow is to see too that he has as fun as possible, don't force him to write. Encourage him to draw and paint and talk about colours and shapes.

Let him use scissors and glue, clay and water. Papers in all colours of course.

Talk and listen to him as much as you can and read him all kinds of books!

Encourage him to play with a ball and run around a lot, and make him laugh every day!

Don't forget to tell him that he is the most fantastic little boy in the whole world!:thumb_yello:

In my country we don't expect children to be ready to read until they are around 6-7 years old, we do a lot of other stuff in the pre schools to make them ready!

An other thing you can do to encourage reading is to write notes all over the house which tells what all things looks like when written. Over the sink you put a note SINK and at the door DOOR and so on WINDOW, CHAIR etc, you get it!

It's fun and you can do it together and if the school is asking you can tell them you are doing tons of reading-training at home. That will shut them up!:teehee:

Good luck, and please not worry!:wub2:

There is no way to decide whether a child is dyslectic or not in the age of four!:sneaky2:

All kids write the numbers and letters "the wrong way" like it was written in a mirror, right?

That is a phase of the brains development!

It's hard for me to explain exactly what I mean in English but I'll give it a try.

I'm a preschool teacher in my basic education, and I have seen thousands of children through the years, they all write letters that way, it is absolutely nothing to worry about!!!:thumb_yello:

It scares me that a person who call herself a teacher doesn't have more knowledge of the natural development of a child.

I'm sure he will both write and count numbers properly when his brain is ready for that, you wouldn't force a child to walk before it was able to do it on it's own would you?

What you can do while waiting for your little one to grow is to see too that he has as fun as possible, don't force him to write. Encourage him to draw and paint and talk about colours and shapes.

Let him use scissors and glue, clay and water. Papers in all colours of course.

Talk and listen to him as much as you can and read him all kinds of books!

Encourage him to play with a ball and run around a lot, and make him laugh every day!

Don't forget to tell him that he is the most fantastic little boy in the whole world!:thumb_yello:

In my country we don't expect children to be ready to read until they are around 6-7 years old, we do a lot of other stuff in the pre schools to make them ready!

An other thing you can do to encourage reading is to write notes all over the house which tells what all things looks like when written. Over the sink you put a note SINK and at the door DOOR and so on WINDOW, CHAIR etc, you get it!

It's fun and you can do it together and if the school is asking you can tell them you are doing tons of reading-training at home. That will shut them up!:teehee:

Good luck, and please not worry!:wub2:

:tears:

I understand it, there is no need to hurry up in your contries, and maybe my son would be happy living there, but he lives here, he "needs" to learn how to read this year, cause when he is 6 yo he "passes" to primary school, and teachers there,DON´T teach how to read. It´s suppossed that they already know how to do it...

That thing about writting names of things on paper is a good idea and I´m going to do that today. My son is the only one at his class who still can´t write his surname (it´s long, ok, but still, it´s not the only long surname there). No matter how hard I try to teach him, cause he is in deny all the time...

I´ll try not to focus on this, but can´t help it... I feel as if he is going to start his living in a wrong way, he´ll hate school, and then... who knows....

AAAAAAAAH!!!!! DAMN, GET THIS THOUGHTS OUT OF MY MIIIIIND!!!!!! :sneaky2: