Not everything needs a thread

Found on Facebook :wub2:

[YOUTUBE]rr4JLM-BaME&amp[/YOUTUBE]

And this one by a friend of mine (@Mara), Mika ''appears'' at 58 seconds :naughty:

[YOUTUBE]IrySJ4dJwBc[/YOUTUBE]

EDIT: btw, there's a video where Mika is like on the second video??? :teehee:

Edited by BiaIchihara

Your London - what to do and where to go to see the best of the city?

I'm well aware of the landmarks/POIs, but I'd like some advice you can't get form any tourist book. What do you/what would you always go back to?

I'm well aware of the landmarks/POIs, but I'd like some advice you can't get form any tourist book. What do you/what would you always go back to?

I guess it depends what your interests are. I like Tudor history and architecture and love going to the parks. So I always go to the Tower, Westminster Abbey and I'm planning a trip to Hampton Court Palace this time around.

I love the Flower Walk in Kensington Gardens because it's easy to get to but a bit sheltered from the hustle and bustle within the park. Greenwich is my favourite park because there are also flower gardens with deer housed in the back and it's atop a great hill that offers views of the Royal Naval College and the Docklands. You can take a boat to Greenwich from Westminster which is a great way to see most of the city from the Thames. There are Cockney guides on the boat that will explain everything as you go.

If you want to take a cheap tour of a huge chunk of the city you can get on the No. 15 bus that goes from Regent Street to Piccadilly Circus to Trafalgar Square to the Strand to St. Paul's to Monument to the Tower of London. I believe all the buses on this route are double decker and the old Routemasters are still running intermittently. It is just a regular bus fare (I think less than 2 pounds) and gives you a different perspective on the second deck than what you normally see walking around.

http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/user/XSLT_SEL_STT_REQUEST?language=en&sessionID=JP06_4110818664&requestID=1&mode=line&lineSelIndex=1&itdLPxx_motCode=3

One of my favourite places is off the beaten tourist track is the Docklands, especially Wapping. It's great if you like pubs.

http://blog.lastminute.com/2010/10/11/london-pub-crawl-the-pirates-of-wapping/

There is a nice intimate restaurant above the Captain Kidd and if you go on a warm night they will have the windows open, overlooking the Thames.

When are you going? I'm leaving for London in 2 days :yay:

I've always wanted to see Stonehenge ...I don't know how far it's from London but I would definitely go for it :teehee:

Why is the world full of mean people !!!??? Aarghhhh i*m soo pisseedd

Meh... some people always have to be mean... I find ignoring them is the best thing (though that's easier said than done)...

Did someone post this vid already? It is really hilarious: watch and laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMnba66vrcU

:lmfao: Love it!

I guess it depends what your interests are. I like Tudor history and architecture and love going to the parks. So I always go to the Tower, Westminster Abbey and I'm planning a trip to Hampton Court Palace this time around.

I love the Flower Walk in Kensington Gardens because it's easy to get to but a bit sheltered from the hustle and bustle within the park. Greenwich is my favourite park because there are also flower gardens with deer housed in the back and it's atop a great hill that offers views of the Royal Naval College and the Docklands. You can take a boat to Greenwich from Westminster which is a great way to see most of the city from the Thames. There are Cockney guides on the boat that will explain everything as you go.

If you want to take a cheap tour of a huge chunk of the city you can get on the No. 15 bus that goes from Regent Street to Piccadilly Circus to Trafalgar Square to the Strand to St. Paul's to Monument to the Tower of London. I believe all the buses on this route are double decker and the old Routemasters are still running intermittently. It is just a regular bus fare (I think less than 2 pounds) and gives you a different perspective on the second deck than what you normally see walking around.

http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/user/XSLT_SEL_STT_REQUEST?language=en&sessionID=JP06_4110818664&requestID=1&mode=line&lineSelIndex=1&itdLPxx_motCode=3

One of my favourite places is off the beaten tourist track is the Docklands, especially Wapping. It's great if you like pubs.

http://blog.lastminute.com/2010/10/11/london-pub-crawl-the-pirates-of-wapping/

There is a nice intimate restaurant above the Captain Kidd and if you go on a warm night they will have the windows open, overlooking the Thames.

When are you going? I'm leaving for London in 2 days :yay:

Thanks, Christine!

I'm going there next Thursday :thumb_yello:

One thing I'm definitely planning on doing is taking a bike tour (http://fattirebiketours.com/london/tours), but I haven't decided which one. If possible, I always take a bike tour, when I'm in a new city. It's such a fun way of getting to see more than on foot.

I'm also interested in architecture. And I love going to parks. You've given me some very good ideas already :thumb_yello:!

Luckily I have another week to decide what to do. I'm so much better prepared for the the time I'm going to London with my kids next year - Sea Life Aquarium, Pollock's Toy Museum, the zoo :roftl:

I'm sorry. Can't afford the Ferrari, but that don't mean I can't get you there.

:blink::aah::roftl:

well hello you! long time no see! (well, technically, i've never seen you, but you know what i mean!) :biggrin2:

Thanks, Christine!

I'm going there next Thursday :thumb_yello:

One thing I'm definitely planning on doing is taking a bike tour (http://fattirebiketours.com/london/tours), but I haven't decided which one. If possible, I always take a bike tour, when I'm in a new city. It's such a fun way of getting to see more than on foot.

I'm also interested in architecture. And I love going to parks. You've given me some very good ideas already :thumb_yello:!

Luckily I have another week to decide what to do. I'm so much better prepared for the the time I'm going to London with my kids next year - Sea Life Aquarium, Pollock's Toy Museum, the zoo :roftl:

Sorry I didn't get a chance to respond before I left. I saw some people on that bike tour in Green Park and thought of you!! Which one did you end up taking?

Sorry I didn't get a chance to respond before I left. I saw some people on that bike tour in Green Park and thought of you!! Which one did you end up taking?

Hey, how'd your trip go? I'd love to hear what you got up to...

Don't worry! Although I thought I wasn't that well prepared I had tons of things I would have wanted to do and see, but didn't have time to. Bike tour was one of those. On the first day I met up with a friend of mine from home, who told me how he had been using the Barklays cycle hire for the entire week, so we ended up having our own bike tour. It's ingenious! Just take a bike and ride and you don't even have to pay, if you're using it less than half an hour! But I'm pretty sure I'm going on an organised bike tour in summer, when I have more time to spend in London.

Hey, how'd your trip go? I'd love to hear what you got up to...

It was BUSY. But I think we managed to squeeze most things in. :biggrin2:

Touristy stuff - Tower of London, cruise on the Thames, Westminster Abbey (was absolutely packed post-wedding), the Royal Mews, National Gallery, sightseeing EVERYWHERE from pubs in Wapping in the east to Kensington Gardens in the west, shopping at Harrods.

We had lots of shows lined up which took a lot of coordination and a few unexpected turns along the way but everything worked out beautifully.

Saw Nikki Yanofsky at South Bank - she performed mostly jazz and left her hokey Olympic song off the setlist which was great :teehee:. Went to a small play with Matthew Fox from Lost. He was REALLY good. I was thoroughly impressed, although the only other actor in the play was not the same calibre.

We had a command performance from Sam Beeton who arranged a show for our visit to London in one of my favourite venues, which was awesome. He did a song for us after everyone left and harmonized with another singer performing that night who we also loved.

[YOUTUBE]T3dEl-5vVP8[/YOUTUBE]

We went to the BBC studios to see a taping of a pilot for a game show. It was pretty bad, but the host was cute and had some woman from Coronation Street on the panel. :naughty:

We were supposed to see The Chain in north London but their gig fell through so they decided to do it at hotdlp's house instead. BEYOND AWESOME. It was more a party than a gig but the band was fantastic.

[YOUTUBE]WJEZM52J6e4[/YOUTUBE]

Aside from that it was just a lot of hanging out, eating, drinking and being silly. :teehee:

On the first day I met up with a friend of mine from home, who told me how he had been using the Barklays cycle hire for the entire week, so we ended up having our own bike tour. It's ingenious! Just take a bike and ride and you don't even have to pay, if you're using it less than half an hour! But I'm pretty sure I'm going on an organised bike tour in summer, when I have more time to spend in London.

Oh yes I saw those everywhere as well. I was thinking it would actually be a good way to learn to navigate around London by car. I rarely drove when I was living there because I was so unfamiliar with the rules of the road. Planning a route by car is so different from walking but I think a bike would help to figure things out.

I would recommend taking the organized tour by the river. You can meander through the parks on your own I would think.

What else did you get up to?

:blink::aah::roftl:

well hello you! long time no see! (well, technically, i've never seen you, but you know what i mean!) :biggrin2:

I do know what you mean. And it's nice to know that people care enough to remember me. :aah:

I'm only telling you this because you're from there, but I think I'm going to Quebec next summer (as in summer of 2012 as in if the world doesn't end before then :naughty:).

It was BUSY. But I think we managed to squeeze most things in. :biggrin2:

Touristy stuff - Tower of London, cruise on the Thames, Westminster Abbey (was absolutely packed post-wedding), the Royal Mews, National Gallery, sightseeing EVERYWHERE from pubs in Wapping in the east to Kensington Gardens in the west, shopping at Harrods.

We had lots of shows lined up which took a lot of coordination and a few unexpected turns along the way but everything worked out beautifully.

Saw Nikki Yanofsky at South Bank - she performed mostly jazz and left her hokey Olympic song off the setlist which was great :teehee:. Went to a small play with Matthew Fox from Lost. He was REALLY good. I was thoroughly impressed, although the only other actor in the play was not the same calibre.

We had a command performance from Sam Beeton who arranged a show for our visit to London in one of my favourite venues, which was awesome. He did a song for us after everyone left and harmonized with another singer performing that night who we also loved.

[YOUTUBE]T3dEl-5vVP8[/YOUTUBE]

We went to the BBC studios to see a taping of a pilot for a game show. It was pretty bad, but the host was cute and had some woman from Coronation Street on the panel. :naughty:

We were supposed to see The Chain in north London but their gig fell through so they decided to do it at hotdlp's house instead. BEYOND AWESOME. It was more a party than a gig but the band was fantastic.

[YOUTUBE]WJEZM52J6e4[/YOUTUBE]

Aside from that it was just a lot of hanging out, eating, drinking and being silly. :teehee:

I'm working my way through Caz's videos at this very moment... sounds and looks like you all had a great time! Did you all know that Jimmy and Cat were going to come or did they just gate crash?

I really need to keep saving up money so I can go over to the UK, I desperately want to see Ben and Kate live (and Ben told me ages ago that he'd make sure he had a gig on when I make my way over there)...

It's good you had a great time there (even though I know you've already been there, it's good that you had a good time again)...