Not everything needs a thread

Guys I want y'all to help a Mika Fan to win a trip at the NRJ music award! She'll be there to represent MIKA! Help me by pressing the "like" button on the picture, on facebook, then SHARE it! Thank you!

done! i like that pic...

OMG.... I just found out that AQUA is coming to Australia in March (and is doing their show in the same place that Mika did his first show in Oz)... And it's on a Friday!

I'm so excited, I really can't wait! :woot_jump:

That's great :woot_jump:

Mika is too colourful :naughty:

http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.cfm?headline=s5i103343

About search by colour: Some album art have multiple colours on them, and these appear in multicoloured and each of the colour on the sleeve. Which for something like Mika's albums, is every colour.

LOL... interesting article :teehee:...

I especially like that they put that it was a fictitious story on the bottom of the article :naughty:

• 2 weeks later...
Super typical Quebec speciality :wink2: Did you do it yourself?

hubby did... he's good at it :naughty:

you have to stand there to keep an eye on it & mix it for about 1 hour so it doesn't boil over when it's cooking

It is a Quebec specialty, but we usually eat it in the spring, made with fresh maple syrup. I just thought we'd do it in January with last spring's maple syrup :naughty:

January snow has more ice in it than March snow though... not quite the same, but still very good! :blush-anim-cl:

hubby did... he's good at it :naughty:

you have to stand there to keep an eye on it & mix it for about 1 hour so it doesn't boil over when it's cooking

It is a Quebec specialty, but we usually eat it in the spring, made with fresh maple syrup. I just thought we'd do it in January with last spring's maple syrup :naughty:

January snow has more ice in it than March snow though... not quite the same, but still very good! :blush-anim-cl:

Mmmmm it does look good! Well... I know all of this, I'm from Quebec too :naughty: In march on "cabane à sucre" it always tastes yummy! :teehee:

Does it take a long time to do?

Mmmmm it does look good! Well... I know all of this, I'm from Quebec too :naughty: In march on "cabane à sucre" it always tastes yummy! :teehee:

Does it take a long time to do?

you have to boil it down for about 1 hour, so it's a bit long, but worth it :naughty:

i didn't know you were from Quebec! you still live here?

sugar on snow! :biggrin2:

sugaronsnowjan2012.jpg

That hows it looks like!:aah: ... You didn't answer my at twitter, like you never do, so no big surprise:mf_rosetinted:

Do you seriously eat snow?... Is it a bit like ice cream?.. Can i use danish snow aswell?:roftl:

Cant you put a recipe in wonka's food thread? :aah:... Then i'll battle you on that too!:mf_rosetinted::naughty:

I'm totally fascinated by this.... is it caramelised sugar that sets on the snow?

It is maple syrup that is boiled down to reduce the water content. it thickens & when you pour it on snow, it hardens like a taffy.

Here is some info if you'd like to read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maple_syrup

My family has always had sugarshacks. (where we make maple syrup in the spring) My godfather who is 82 still goes out and helps his daughter & her husband during sugar season. The season to make maple syrup can last 2 weeks to a month... mostly in March. It all depends on the weather.

Since i know you like the 1940s/1950s :naughty: i just remembered my cousin sent me pics of my mom's family at their sugar house during that era:

1940s.jpg

my grandmother & my mom (love her hair!) I also find it so typical of that era that even if it was snowing/cold, my grandmother is still wearing a dress. :wub2:

1940.jpg

(my aunt & uncle... they are in their late 60s/early 70s now)

I took a few pictures last night as we were making it... that's the syrup boiling

boilingmaplesyrup.jpg

you stir it gently until the syrup makes a thread at the end of your spoon

maplesyrupthread.jpg

If there is any left, you keep stirring & it becomes what is called "maple butter" It tastes 10 times sweeter then maple syrup and you can spread it on toast. i don't really like it, it's wayyyyyyyyy too sweet for me :teehee:, but everyone else in my family loves it.

it looks like this:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_UIXOn06Pz70/Sf1tCC9ntGI/AAAAAAAAGxs/lrOw4OxiW5U/s800/Maple+Oat+Bread,+Slice+with+Maple+Butter+500.jpg

yum :licks_lips:

For the first time in life I know that we can actually eat snow :teehee:

:naughty: when you take the syrup off the snow, you always get a little bit of snow with it. i actually do it on purpose to have a little bit as it cuts down the sweetness of the sugar :teehee:

That hows it looks like!:aah: ... You didn't answer my at twitter, like you never do, so no big surprise:mf_rosetinted:

Do you seriously eat snow?... Is it a bit like ice cream?.. Can i use danish snow aswell?:roftl:

Cant you put a recipe in wonka's food thread? :aah:... Then i'll battle you on that too!:mf_rosetinted::naughty:

you don't eat the snow, but the golden stuff on it, but you do get a little snow with it. You can use Danish snow if you want. the best snow for it is the "snowman" kind of snow, wet & heavy. what i had last night was not the best, it was granular & icy... but that's what we get in January.

I can put the recipe there, but it's basically what i explained up above... you need about 2 cans of maple syrup. if you have some left, make maple butter with it.

i never saw your tweet, i had quite a few yesterday... stop being a drama queen! :roftl:

:naughty: when you take the syrup off the snow, you always get a little bit of snow with it. i actually do it on purpose to have a little bit as it cuts down the sweetness of the sugar :teehee:

you don't eat the snow, but the golden stuff on it, but you do get a little snow with it. You can use Danish snow if you want. the best snow for it is the "snowman" kind of snow, wet & heavy. what i had last night was not the best, it was granular & icy... but that's what we get in January.

I can put the recipe there, but it's basically what i explained up above... you need about 2 cans of maple syrup. if you have some left, make maple butter with it.

i never saw your tweet, i had quite a few yesterday... stop being a drama queen! :roftl:

I should try it:teehee::naughty: It's snowing a lot here atm! :aah: How do you get the snow? i mean there can't be dirt on it!

I've spammed you with tweets for 2 weeks.. You just ignored them ALL!... untill yesterday!:shun: