Mika in Balaton Sound Festival, Hungary (08/07/2011)

lyli21

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He doesn't come to Exit this year, so you can enjoy 24 hours dance party with Mika in bikinis or not.:wink2:

Until Balaton Sound was announced I thought there was a good chance that he'd go to Exit as it is around the time Mika is booked for other festivals. However, it seems that the headlining names for Exit have already been confirmed.

Balaton Sound has the same organisers as Sziget and I assume they must have been pleased with his show last year and wanted him back. However, as he is doing mid-July festivals, they offered him Balaton Sounds. (Many crititcs mentioned that at Sziget he was way better than the headling act whose name I already forgot.. :teehee: ) It makes sense and I am sure the crowd will go mad for Relax, Rain and Kick Ass. :punk:

I don't like that punk-metal wibe either, but we stayed alive there, remember?:aah:

Yes. Those people appear at every festival (particularly if there is a punk band playing there :naughty:) .

A lot depends on the organisers. There was a band both at Exit and a Sziget I would have booked for different days or stages and not before Mika. It did spoil the pre-gig experience but not the overall one.. for I am tough :glasses3:

:lmao:

It's a good thing Mana is using such heavy sunscreen on her face. Will avoid wrinkles in future. :thumb_yello:

It would seem she lent some to Kath, too...:mf_rosetinted:

I knew I could trust you to do a good job :wink2:

:naughty::naughty::naughty:

:mf_rosetinted:

Until Balaton Sound was announced I thought there was a good chance that he'd go to Exit as it is around the time Mika is booked for other festivals. However, it seems that the headlining names for Exit have already been confirmed.

Balaton Sound has the same organisers as Sziget and I assume they must have been pleased with his show last year and wanted him back. However, as he is doing mid-July festivals, they offered him Balaton Sounds. (Many crititcs mentioned that at Sziget he was way better than the headling act whose name I already forgot.. :teehee: ) It makes sense and I am sure the crowd will go mad for Relax, Rain and Kick Ass. :punk:

Yes. Those people appear at every festival (particularly if there is a punk band playing there :naughty:) .

A lot depends on the organisers. There was a band both at Exit and a Sziget I would have booked for different days or stages and not before Mika. It did spoil the pre-gig experience but not the overall one.. for I am tough :glasses3:

It would be quite strange if they have been invited him two times in a row, because it's not their policy. Some bands and performes were several times at Exit but within a couple of years or so.

Personally I'd prefer to see Mika at solo gig in Belgrade when his album is released. :wub2:

We also have other Tuborg festival in Belgrade at the end of August, but it's not so famous like Exit. Anyway, I'm quite sure that Mika will be invited here again at some point, in the course of the next year.

Unfortunately I can't go to Balaton festival because my semestar won't be still over, so have a lovely time there all of you! :boing:

It would be quite strange if they have been invited him two times in a row, because it's not their policy. Some bands and performers were several times at Exit but within a couple of years or so.

Most bands don't tour in consecutive years, that's why I guess. At Sziget the best performers are always invited back and since the festival lasts almost a week, there is still room for a lot of big names - at smaller / shorter festivals it makes sense to always invite new names.

I am actually a bit surprised, but in a pleasant way, that Mika does festivals this year, too, since it is off his tour schedule. I actually prefer him buiding a fanbase in Eastern Europe via festival apprearances as I know it is a struggle for most artists to sell out even small arenas here. (I'd hate to see him perform in a half empty venue. )

I wouldn't have gone to see him at any festivals this year (with the exception of Exit, probably) but since he is coming here, I have no choice, really:teehee:

Unfortunately I can't go to Balaton festival because my semestar won't be still over, so have a lovely time there all of you! :boing:

That is a pity... :( When does the semester end? When I was at uni semester finished by the end of June but I understand people working there might need to work longer. I remember you were also still working last year at around the same time. Mika performs on Saturday or Friday it is still doable, or not?

In any case, I will keep you all posted about the exact date.

:biggrin2:

wonderful news:wub2:

yes, close to the Eastern part of Germany, hope you are coming :original:

Most bands don't tour in consecutive years, that's why. At Sziget the best performers are always invited back and since the festival lasts almost a week, there is still room for a lot of big names.

I am actually a bit surprised, but in a pleasant way, that Mika does festivals this year, too, since it is off his tour schedule. I actually prefer him buiding a fanbase in Eastern Europe via festival apprearances as I know it is a struggle for most artists to sell out even small arenas here. (I'd hate to see him perform in a half emplty venue. )

I wouldn't have gone to see him at any festivals this year (with the exception of Exit, probably) but since he is coming here, I have no choice, really:teehee:

yes, close to the Eastern part of Germany, hope you are coming :original:

I think it`S really great that he takes part in some festivals!!!!!! I`m terribly unpatient and don`t want to wait till the next album is ready!!

hope I can come!!!! would be the first gig I would go to!!

home much does this stuf cost??

I hope I can come!!!! would be the first gig I would go to!!

I understand your excitement. I had ticket to the Leipzig show last year but it was cancelled ...:(

home much does this stuf cost??

46 EUR for a day ticket if bought before the end of April - 50/56 EUR if bought closer to the day. For that, though, you'd need to know on which day he performs. I will let you all know once it gets confirmed.

Ticket info:

http://www.sziget.hu/balatonsound_english/ticket/ticket_prices

Depending on the way you travel you might not need accommodation or need it only for one night (I mean, if you can sleep on the coach - not sure about the times they leave..etc).

Once the date is confirmed I will post some links with travel and accommodation info and update the 2nd post on this thread, although I believe we will have a new thread and the date will then be placed into the calendar.

Hello Everybody! I'm a huuuuge Mika fan, but I founded this fanclub a few months ago. I'm a 17-year-old Hungarian girl, sooo I will go to the Balaton Sound to see Mika. I was there with my friends at the Sziget festival last year and it was amaaaaazing! But now, it seems, I will be alone. So I would like to ask you: Who will come to the Balaton Sound? Because I'd like to meet Mika fans to have a great time together at the Balaton Sound. I feel miserable a little bit, but I really don't want to be alone. My friends won't come... I would like to "get" a company :) My name is Tímea Fehér (in English: Tímea White :DD)

Bye-bye! :)

Please feel free to ask any questions about transport and accommodation...etc. Now that we know what day Mika will perform, a day ticket can be bought (the price is cheaper before 30th April)

Hey :bye:

I just wanted to say that me and Mina (MinaAlisa) are interested to come to Balaton :biggrin2: I saw now that we could buy tickets online, but i didnt check which credit or debit cards they accept... :doh:

Maybe its a bit early, but i wanted to ask is there a train or bus from Budapest to Balaton and what are the prices? and is anyone of you going from Budapest, so that we could meet and maybe go together or something? :blush-anim-cl:

Hey :bye:

I just wanted to say that me and Mina (MinaAlisa) are interested to come to Balaton :biggrin2: I saw now that we could buy tickets online, but i didnt check which credit or debit cards they accept... :doh:

Maybe its a bit early, but i wanted to ask is there a train or bus from Budapest to Balaton and what are the prices? and is anyone of you going from Budapest, so that we could meet and maybe go together or something? :blush-anim-cl:

Hi Marina,

I remember Mina saying she'll come - glad you can join her :original:

from Novi Sad the train arrives at Keleti Railway station in Budapest (it will take you around 6 hours if no delay) and then you'd need to transfer to Déli Railway station to get to the place of the festival in Zamárdi (that takes 2 hours).

You can check train timetables here:

http://elvira.mav-start.hu/elvira.dll/xsl2/index?language=3

If you leave Novi Sad in the morning, however, I don't think you can get to the festival earlier than 7pm. It might still be Ok, though, as Mika is likely to start his performance at 22.00 - I really hope he will be the last act.

we haven't discussed with the Hungarian fans as to how we want to get there, but we are likely to leave in the morning from Budapest.

You can buy tickets here:

https://balatonsound-eu.jegy.hu/select.php

or on the link Timi posted. I'd imagine any type of card is suitable that you can normally use on the internet.

Please feel free to ask any questions about transport and accommodation...etc. Now that we know what day Mika will perform, a day ticket can be bought (the price is cheaper before 30th April)

Travel agent Suzie :naughty: I'm booking my flights.

I talked with my sister about it...

Maybe, maybe it will work...

It's about 4 hours with the car...

We'll see...

:mf_rosetinted:

I think it will take around the same time for Timi and Zsina to get there and they are locals..:wink2:

So.. see you there! :original:

:boing:

Osijek is fairly close - you don't even have to go through Budapest, I suppose...

Yeah, my mum said the same thing :aah:

I'm leting her plan everything :aah:

I just don't get it if MIKA performs at 2 am for exemple the 8. Am I supposed to come the 7. and wait till midnight (couse I'm gonna buy a ticket for just one day) :aah:

sorry if it's a stupid question :aah:

Archived