Mika in Balaton Sound Festival, Hungary (08/07/2011)

lyli21

lol - now I'm sure, this is not my type of festival, couldn't imagine to stand in front-row there as "oldie" :floor:

Come on, we are young at heart! :roftl:

Mind you, that shot was taken daytime and not at the evening party but still, it is a party, not a fancy dress event.:naughty:

That is why I said that Mika should ideally get some cool remixes of his songs for this festival. There are the occasional pop / funk performers there like the Pet Shop Boys or Jamiroquai but it focuses on dance acts /DJs like David Guetta.

In a way, I don't think I fitted in with all the punks at Exit festival last summer, either, but it still went down really well.:groovy:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've been to Lake Balaton before, it's lovely. I won't be going this year though.

Plenty of time to change your mind still...:wink2:

I really believe it will be a fun event. The atmosphere should be amazing by the beach and I doubt there'll be any queueing or even much pushing. Not because of people would like to see Mika, anyway.:naughty:

I think he will be headlining the day, whichever day that will be.

I was trying to imply that it is a beach and dance party type of festival and is rather different from music festivals like Glastonbury or even the Hungarian Sziget festival, for example.:wink2:

9262117.jpg

A 3rd date! Good news & have fun! :thumb_yello:

Front row official uniform: Bikini!! :roftl:

Are you ready for the bikini , Kath?!!!:roftl:

Of course Lilibet..............I have ordered one especially :wink2:

No.................I am trying to be really sensible and NOT buy tickets for every single festival that is announced.

I am trying anyway. :mf_rosetinted:

I was trying to imply that it is a beach and dance party type of festival and is rather different from music festivals like Glastonbury or even the Hungarian Sziget festival, for example.:wink2:

9262117.jpg

OMG! Well, I can't go to it as I'm on holiday, which is kind of a shame for the rest of you, because if I was to put on a bikini, people would run from the place, screaming in horror, so there'd be plenty of room for MFCers in the front row!:roftl:

OMG! Well, I can't go to it as I'm on holiday, which is kind of a shame for the rest of you, because if I was to put on a bikini, people would run from the place, screaming in horror, so there'd be plenty of room for MFCers in the front row!:roftl:

Actually Enigma....you might have hit on a plan there.....we could all do that and we would be on our own :wink2:

Actually Enigma....you might have hit on a plan there.....we could all do that and we would be on our own :wink2:

Are you going to it? The only dates he's announced so far are exactly when I'm on my holiday, which I booked a while ago and can't change... I'm just hoping he adds some more so I can go on some of my ridiculously mad adventures to far-flung places!

Are you going to it? The only dates he's announced so far are exactly when I'm on my holiday, which I booked a while ago and can't change... I'm just hoping he adds some more so I can go on some of my ridiculously mad adventures to far-flung places!

I know.............I think it is holiday time for a lot of people. Luckiliy for me I don't go on holiday :mf_rosetinted::naughty:.

I really don't know to be honest...I have just booked Portugal tonight but I really should try and behave.

I know.............I think it is holiday time for a lot of people. Luckiliy for me I don't go on holiday :mf_rosetinted::naughty:.

I really don't know to be honest...I have just booked Portugal tonight but I really should try and behave.

Oh, sod behaving! I tried it once and it really was quite dull! :teehee:

Definitely on our own, not even Mika or band on stage :lmfao: Oh, dear, if I just image wearing my red and white gingham family holiday bikinis on festivals (NOT) :roftl:

I have not booked anything for July yet, but this is very tempting, of course. Great news he is coming to Hungary again! :wub2:

Oh, dear, if I just image wearing my red and white gingham family holiday bikinis on festivals (NOT) :roftl:

:roftl:

Well, I won't be wearing bikinis, either :roftl: and like I pointed out earlier, that is merely the typical daywear since it is at the beach and people will swim and sunbathe during the day instead of being interested in who will entertain them in the evening. It is typical at any similar dance parties in South Europe, too and my reference to the 'dress code' only means that lollipop girls turning up will be as rare as aliens. :teehee:

Oh, sod behaving! I tried it once and it really was quite dull! :teehee:

Yeah.....true enough...I have never really gone in for it myself to be honest....I just think about it occasionally :wink2:

Definitely on our own, not even Mika or band on stage :wub2:

:roftl::roftl::roftl:

Actually, I checked when Exit is this year and it is at exactly the same time (from 7th to 10th July) so I wouldn't exclude the possibility of him showing up there, too...

(EDIT: just checked main stage for Exit in Serbia, the rumoured main stage line-up for this year seems to be Arcade Fire, Grinderman, Portishead, Pulp and Underworld..)

I'll let you know when the date is fixed for Balaton Sound, there is no detailed performance schedule for the festival yet. Sunday the 10th is out as he'll be in Belgium, apparently.

It looks like Mika will do festivals in mid-July only - one week in the summer like he said at the private gig.

He doesn't come to Exit this year, so you can enjoy 24 hours dance party with Mika in bikinis or not.:wink2:

Come on, we are young at heart! :roftl:

Mind you, that shot was taken daytime and not at the evening party but still, it is a party, not a fancy dress event.:naughty:

That is why I said that Mika should ideally get some cool remixes of his songs for this festival. There are the occasional pop / funk performers there like the Pet Shop Boys or Jamiroquai but it focuses on dance acts /DJs like David Guetta.

In a way, I don't think I fitted in with all the punks at Exit festival last summer, either, but it still went down really well.:groovy:

Jamiroquai comes to Exit this year and Guetta was there last year on the Dance stage. Pet Shop boys - a year before.

I don't like that punk-metal wibe either, but we stayed alive there, remember?:aah:

Archived