• 3 weeks later...

All I have to do is clear out stuff in the garden shed that doesn't get used (that isn't baby stuff) and I'll be happy! 

I'm excited for Samuel's potential future sibling(s)!

I became an aunty again! My brother and his partner had their first bub today, his name's Sebastian Herb (Herb's our grandfather's name). 

One of my cousins had a baby on Father's day, her name's Olivia. 

Oh, and on Thursday I'll have a two year old :shocked:

Congratulations x3!

I used to love Supernatural, but it got sold to a pay TV channel so I couldn't watch it anymore :crybaby:

Is it on Netflix in the UK? It's on Netflix here!

Okay Aussies I really need your help! So I'm real happy, and if we want Mika here, there are some questions we need to answer! Now BigDeal touring has done gigs for Madonna, Kylie, Billy Joel and such and they told me that if I answer their questions about Mika, then they will look into getting him :)

So if Silver, Tegan and such could answer especially, that will be awesome but anyone at all if you know what I should answer, that would be great :D

·         When last here

·         What venues did he perform at

·         How many people attended the shows

·         What was the ticket prices

·         What age range is his audience

I guess Tegan has already replied to your message by now but; both times he came to Australia he played one show in Sydney, first time at the Forum and second time at the Enmore (and also a couple of songs at the Opera house?). It was definitely around $100/ticket the second time. I have a feeling the shows were 18+ but can't remember for sure?

Unfortunately it is very expensive for Mika to bring his type of show overseas, he has a lot of staff and props and one or two shows is probably not very or not at all profitable for him - especially considering how relatively unpopular he is here now. If I ever hear him on the radio it is on the oldies channels and playing songs from his first album!

If it happens, I really really hope he goes to the Palais Theatre in St Kilda. One of the older fans made a video years ago and in it she pointed to the Palais and said he can do a show there (she also said he ripped off the Luna Park entrance at the Parc des Princes show in 2008 but that's beside the point).

Oh my goodness! That brings back memories! Do you still have these videos?

How is everyone?!

My news for the last few months:

• I gained a niece (Grace  :pinkbow: ) and became an aunt!
  • We bought a house - we settle next week and will move in at the end of the month!
  • I am starting a PhD next year! 
  • Ambrose met his human-cousin for the first time last week! Or, more precisely, Grace met him and he didn't at all notice that there was a living baby directly in front of his face. Absolutely zero acknowledgement  :dunno: .
  • Like 1

Okay, so I highly approve of this gif that you posted (like 4 months ago) Sonelle!

tumblr_mzwxd9AWvj1sqr1geo1_250.gif

I totally forgot that Mika even had a dog, I think he got her just as he faded out of our lives, but that dog must be like 6 or 7 years old now!

Edited by Oakie Doke
  • Like 1

Okay, so I highly approve of this gif that you posted (like 4 months ago) Sonelle!

tumblr_mzwxd9AWvj1sqr1geo1_250.gif

I totally forgot that Mika even had a dog, I think he got her just as he faded out of our lives, but that dog must be like 6 or 7 years old now!

OKD, he has two dogs now - Melachi and Amira

30884882886_eb3890af8a_o.jpg

• Like 1

How is everyone?!

• We bought a house - we settle next week and will move in at the end of the month!
  • Ambrose met his human-cousin for the first time last week! Or, more precisely, Grace met him and he didn't at all notice that there was a living baby directly in front of his face. Absolutely zero acknowledgement  :dunno: .

Hi :bye:

Congrats on the new house (hope it has a big garden for Ambrose) :thumb_yello:

What exciting subject have you chosen for your PhD?

I'm excited for Samuel's potential future sibling(s)!

Congratulations x3!

Is it on Netflix in the UK? It's on Netflix here!

I guess Tegan has already replied to your message by now but; both times he came to Australia he played one show in Sydney, first time at the Forum and second time at the Enmore (and also a couple of songs at the Opera house?). It was definitely around $100/ticket the second time. I have a feeling the shows were 18+ but can't remember for sure?

Unfortunately it is very expensive for Mika to bring his type of show overseas, he has a lot of staff and props and one or two shows is probably not very or not at all profitable for him - especially considering how relatively unpopular he is here now. If I ever hear him on the radio it is on the oldies channels and playing songs from his first album!

Oh my goodness! That brings back memories! Do you still have these videos?

How is everyone?!

In the Opera House too :o I cannot handle myself if that is true sjdhkjsadhasjakjs

I guess you're right about it being unlikely he will come due to expenses :mellow: How awesome would it be if all us Aussies went overseas to one of his shows as a mass movement :floor: The guy said he will gain $50,000 profit in his hands from each show he does in Australia and it would be advisable MIka does a show in Melbourne and Sydney and the guy said he thinks Mika can easily get that many seats :dunno: It seems he will get an alright amount but I aint an adult yet and I dont know all that much about money XD The guy gave me a full budget sheet and Mika's team received it and will look into it as Deb said ;) Let's see haha. 

and YEES isnt the Mika and Mel gif so adorable!! As Silver mentioned, he has 2 now and they are the CUTEST beings :wub: 

A PhD :o You are so smart!! I'm also interested in knowing what it's about!! I have my yearly exams for year 10 and the fact that you're doing a PhD motivates me to give it my all! 

And congrats on gaining a niece and buying a house! :cheer: Also, the name Grace is so beautiful :wub: She must be adorablee

OKD, he has two dogs now - Melachi and Amira

30884882886_eb3890af8a_o.jpg

Oh my goodness! Yess!!! I especially love that they are on stage with him, how cute are they! I also love how obvious it is that he is holding food for them in that picture.

Hi :bye:

Congrats on the new house (hope it has a big garden for Ambrose) :thumb_yello:

What exciting subject have you chosen for your PhD?

Yes, of course! The block is 720 m2, it has plenty of space for Ambrose and his chicken-sisters  :thumb_yello:

In the Opera House too :o I cannot handle myself if that is true sjdhkjsadhasjakjs

I guess you're right about it being unlikely he will come due to expenses :mellow: How awesome would it be if all us Aussies went overseas to one of his shows as a mass movement :floor: The guy said he will gain $50,000 profit in his hands from each show he does in Australia and it would be advisable MIka does a show in Melbourne and Sydney and the guy said he thinks Mika can easily get that many seats :dunno: It seems he will get an alright amount but I aint an adult yet and I dont know all that much about money XD The guy gave me a full budget sheet and Mika's team received it and will look into it as Deb said ;) Let's see haha. 

and YEES isnt the Mika and Mel gif so adorable!! As Silver mentioned, he has 2 now and they are the CUTEST beings :wub:

A PhD :o You are so smart!! I'm also interested in knowing what it's about!! I have my yearly exams for year 10 and the fact that you're doing a PhD motivates me to give it my all! 

And congrats on gaining a niece and buying a house! :cheer: Also, the name Grace is so beautiful :wub: She must be adorablee

He played outside the Opera house, but only a couple of songs: 

My PhD will be about using a particular machine to monitor plankton in the Swan River (the main river which runs through Perth). The machine takes photos of the microscopic plants and animals in the water and then you can program it to automatically identify them. There's only a few of this machine in Australia and I'll be the only person in WA who knows how to use it! This video shows the machine: 

Good luck for your exams! Do you know what you want to do when you leave high school?

Grace is easily the best baby I've ever met, and she definitely has the best name too.

As we're moving house soon I'm trying to clear out everything I've been hoarding. Would any of you like my Mika posters? I'll take some pictures when I get to pulling everything out of the basement.

Oh my goodness! Yess!!! I especially love that they are on stage with him, how cute are they! I also love how obvious it is that he is holding food for them in that picture.

Yes, of course! The block is 720 m2, it has plenty of space for Ambrose and his chicken-sisters  :thumb_yello:

He played outside the Opera house, but only a couple of songs: 

My PhD will be about using a particular machine to monitor plankton in the Swan River (the main river which runs through Perth). The machine takes photos of the microscopic plants and animals in the water and then you can program it to automatically identify them. There's only a few of this machine in Australia and I'll be the only person in WA who knows how to use it! This video shows the machine: 

Good luck for your exams! Do you know what you want to do when you leave high school?

Grace is easily the best baby I've ever met, and she definitely has the best name too.

As we're moving house soon I'm trying to clear out everything I've been hoarding. Would any of you like my Mika posters? I'll take some pictures when I get to pulling everything out of the basement.

Woah I never knew it was outside the Opera house :o The fans are so into it, god that looks incredible :wub::tears:

OMG your PhD idea of identifying plankton in the Swan river using that Flowcam :o Now that is so freaking cool! You must be so smart!! I watched the video and the Flowcam software is impressive, and the way it freezes the particle and you can fully analyse the particles is so cool! I hope your PhD goes well ;) What are you studying in uni may I ask? And you'll be one of the few people who know how to use it so that is admirable

I actually want to do neuroscience when I leave highschool :) If I can help in the research of mental illnesses, although I do know that I also want to be a musician and an artist so I need to figure a way to juggle all these things :lmfao: But yeah, I have been doing psychology research and studying thesis' about curing depression and I am starting to form ideas on how it could be done :D I chose my subjects for the HSC and its all the science ones XD

Yaaas I really love the name Grace! :wub: :wub: 

Mika posters hfhasdakjshdka :o I am so in :D I literally have near-faint episodes when I get Mika merch (which I dont have much of) so Mika posters HELLS YEAH 

It's an amazing machine.  The advances in technology over the past two decades have been astonishing.  And pretty amazing that you will be the only person in WA to know how to use it :clap:

OMG your PhD idea of identifying plankton in the Swan river using that Flowcam :o Now that is so freaking cool! You must be so smart!! I watched the video and the Flowcam software is impressive, and the way it freezes the particle and you can fully analyse the particles is so cool! I hope your PhD goes well ;) What are you studying in uni may I ask? And you'll be one of the few people who know how to use it so that is admirable

I actually want to do neuroscience when I leave highschool :) If I can help in the research of mental illnesses, although I do know that I also want to be a musician and an artist so I need to figure a way to juggle all these things :lmfao: But yeah, I have been doing psychology research and studying thesis' about curing depression and I am starting to form ideas on how it could be done :D I chose my subjects for the HSC and its all the science ones XD

Thanks, I think it's pretty cool too! I have a Bachelor of Science with Honours in Marine Science and Conservation and Wildlife Biology.

I think it's great that you already have a pretty clear idea about what you want to do after school. It's also impressive that you have been reading research and forming your own ideas - it sounds like you have a level of critical thought that most uni graduates haven't got! 

While it would be possible to study both creative arts and science/psychology I think it would be pretty hard to succeed in either if you did that. You would be much better off studying just psychology or psychology with some kind of medical science (if that's the kind of treatments you are interested in), and focusing on music and art as extracurriculars/hobbies. For example, I know plenty of science students who have been just as if not more involved in uni drama productions as actual drama students! 

(Sorry for giving so much info, I'm work as a course counselor at my uni and I can't help it!) 

*continues to complain about life*

Anything you want to share?  :)

There's some new research that suggests that rather than depression being caused by an imbalance of chemicals in the brain, it could be a byproduct of a response to infection causing inflammation in brain cells (or something like that).

Unfortunately I forget who did this research :doh:

• Like 2

There's some new research that suggests that rather than depression being caused by an imbalance of chemicals in the brain, it could be a byproduct of a response to infection causing inflammation in brain cells (or something like that).

Unfortunately I forget who did this research :doh:

Woah that's interesting! Because usually they say that its an imbalance (as u said) and its when stress causes cortisol (the stress hormone) to increase too much in the brain and thus this imbalance aaaaand also the stress hormone ( glucocorticoids ) balance the mood just as serotonin does, and when these stress hormones interact with glucocorticoids, it overtime affects the brain and thus depression starts.

But it is all very complex since no one has an idea of the clear cause and its confusing as heck :/ Thank you so much Silver for telling me of this research, its always nice to gain as much info as we can, I wish I could read the whole thing, it seems good :o 

Thanks, I think it's pretty cool too! I have a Bachelor of Science with Honours in Marine Science and Conservation and Wildlife Biology.

I think it's great that you already have a pretty clear idea about what you want to do after school. It's also impressive that you have been reading research and forming your own ideas - it sounds like you have a level of critical thought that most uni graduates haven't got! 

While it would be possible to study both creative arts and science/psychology I think it would be pretty hard to succeed in either if you did that. You would be much better off studying just psychology or psychology with some kind of medical science (if that's the kind of treatments you are interested in), and focusing on music and art as extracurriculars/hobbies. For example, I know plenty of science students who have been just as if not more involved in uni drama productions as actual drama students! 

(Sorry for giving so much info, I'm work as a course counselor at my uni and I can't help it!) 

Ahh I was looking at the Bachelor of Science course, it's so cool you do that :o

HAHAHA that's a huge compliment! Well I do try forming my own ideas and since depression is a subject in which there's no clear basis to work on, I have to :lol: 

Hmm yeah that's what I'm often told, you seem right :/ Art and music are really competitive too I guess, I think I'll follow your advice, thank you for giving me a view on what you think!!! :) I really dont know how to juggle so much so for you to guide me (especially since ur a course counsellor so you know what you're saying :D ). I'll perhaps do music and art as hobbies and pursue them on the side, whilst focusing on studies ;) And who knows, maybe during that time I'll find a professional career in music/art too XD

Omg really :o So they still have time to pursue drama as much as drama students despite such a heavy course? May I ask, in the Bachelor of Science as an undergrad, how much time does it take up, doing coursework and homework and all? A rough idea? 

The house looks good!! And the mika posters OMG :fangurl: 

what about bipolar tho? isn't that to do with depression? one of my mums friends has it. 

Yes it sort of is, Bipolar is when you are sad and depressed at times and yet also euphoric and in mania. So the depression part of it is quite like how depression is caused (associated with stress but many things too that we don't yet know) and the mania part is to do with a certain brain hormone being abnormal in the brain. And the reason they experience BOTH is because of serotonin. Serotonin stabilises our mood and in Bipolar, serotonin chemicals are abnormal so mood swings between depressed and euphoric happen. 

And genetics also plays a part in Bipolar. 

I hope this made it a bit clearer! 

• Like 1

Yes it sort of is, Bipolar is when you are sad and depressed at times and yet also euphoric and in mania. So the depression part of it is quite like how depression is caused (associated with stress but many things too that we don't yet know) and the mania part is to do with a certain brain hormone being abnormal in the brain. And the reason they experience BOTH is because of serotonin. Serotonin stabilises our mood and in Bipolar, serotonin chemicals are abnormal so mood swings between depressed and euphoric happen. 

And genetics also plays a part in Bipolar. 

I hope this made it a bit clearer! 

oh.

• Like 1