New Mika Song in French: "Elle me dit"

mellody

I don´t know why you dislike the song :dunno:

I think French people deserve him more than British ones, sometimes.. He grown there, he lived there, he loves France, I think, why should he continue in that British production when he´s not even nominated for Brit awards this year? I think he deserves more attention from UK. But that´s only my opinion. Anyway, Elle me dit is only bonus track for his next-coming album, so don´t worry, French will appear only few times. And I love that he´s not always the same, he tries to change a little but he keeps the basic of his music

+ 1

I couldn't express my opinion any better :)

I think French people deserve him more than British ones, sometimes.. He grown there, he lived there, he loves France, I think, why should he continue in that British production when he´s not even nominated for Brit awards this year? I think he deserves more attention from UK. But that´s only my opinion. Anyway, Elle me dit is only bonus track for his next-coming album, so don´t worry, French will appear only few times. And I love that he´s not always the same, he tries to change a little but he keeps the basic of his music

It sounds a lot like Yelle, which may or may not be the best thing in the world. Also, the song is monotone for the most part, until the chorus and such. It's different and not everyone likes change.

Not be so strict, Christine!:teehee:. This is new for Mika. And all music in World is sung already and it is very difficult to think up some new style. Certainly, it is possible to try to sing and simultaneously to hiccup. Any did not sing this still , I think...:aah:

:roftl::roftl::roftl: I'm trying to imagine Mika writing a hiccup song :roftl:

Well I like it, it's catchy, it seems to appeal to the masses, he needs a hit song....but is this it?? I do think Mika is capable of something so much more melodic....

It's been on repeat now for 20 minutes...I am still singing along....:aah:

It sounds a lot like Yelle, which may or may not be the best thing in the world. Also, the song is monotone for the most part, until the chorus and such. It's different and not everyone likes change.

I just listened to 3 Yelle´s songs - I don´t think it sounds like Elle me dit. :dunno:

Then I demand him to do a song in Dutch. Because we've been all loyal and stuff and they still play Grace Kelly on the radio over here.:mf_rosetinted:

He said it´s about a girl called Karen or how .. :aah: So I don´t think it´s about his mom :dunno:

That's the other French song, that's about Karen.:thumb_yello:

Well I like it, it's catchy, it seems to appeal to the masses, he needs a hit song....but is this it?? I do think Mika is capable of something so much more melodic....

It's been on repeat now for 20 minutes...I am still singing along....:aah:

Think he need an english song, to make a hit song... But elle me dit is good!:biggrin2::aah:

I just listened to 3 Yelle´s songs - I don´t think it sounds like Elle me dit. :dunno:

It's not that elle me dit sounds like one of Yelle's songs in particular, it's just the same style of music. It certainly sounds more like Yelle's style of music than Mika's usual style(s).

but.... wasn´t "elle" his mom? so it´s from his childhood again?? "go play with a ball"?? cause obviously his mom is not thinking TODAY that he´s wasting his time.... isn´t she?? :aah:

Could "Elle" also refer to Melachi?:aah:

This will be a massive hit in France. Do you know how big France is?:naughty:

haven't been in France:mf_rosetinted:

No i'm just wondering about the other countries, i'm not sure it's going to be a hit like grace kelly. They would never play elle me dit in denmark! ;)

Then I demand him to do a song in Dutch. Because we've been all loyal and stuff and they still play Grace Kelly on the radio over here.:mf_rosetinted:

I think so too ..; I mean, he doesn't speak Dutch but we can always help him making his Dutch song :mf_rosetinted:

it reminded me of it too to be honest:teehee:

Exactly my thoughts. :thumb_yello:

And its' more similar to his style than to Yelle's Imo.:wink2:

Yes, and I actually don't mind it ... I adored that song when I was little :aah:

Agree!

I heard Yelle sometimes and Elle me dit is better than Yelle's songs :wink2:

I think people needs changes in his life and Mika is not an exception....

I like that song..more pop, yes, but he told in an interview that his new album would be more pop than the last ones :wink2:

I think so too ..; I mean, he doesn't speak Dutch but we can always help him making his Dutch song :mf_rosetinted:

Yes, and I actually don't mind it ... I adored that song when I was little :aah:

Me too. It was one of my favourites. :wub2:

in dog years maybe!:mf_rosetinted:

You clever girl :lmfao:

First of all: I don't think that anybody 'deserves' anything from him or him as person. He's free to do whatever he wants and as an artist he himself should be the only person who influences / decides about his work. Apart from that I don't share your opinion that France or the UK are more / less important for him. Every experience and time of his life made him the person he is now. And whoever decides who gets a Brit Award isn't responsible for making an artist feel more comfortable in a country or something like that. Does he need more attention? Yes, of course. And not only in the UK. In most European countries. As I'm German I could talk ages about what goes wrong in my country. But that's not 'the country's fault' but the consequence of how his music label(s) work(s). It all depends on the promotion they do / don't. How on earth can he be successfull when there isn't a single advert about a gig / cd / whatever? And so on. I'm not happy with the promotion in some countries at all but we won't change that...

What I don't like about the song is basically that it's French and that I don't get a word. I never liked French music as I don't like the language. That's a personal thing. I read the translation but it's still not the same. I won't be able to sing along. I don't understand him when he sings it, etc. As I already said: that's a personal thing. Plus I have the feeling that he is very focused on France these days. Nothing wrong with that. I just wish he would be doing promo all over the world :wink2: In other words: I feel a bit left out even though I know that I'm lucky enough to be able to travel to gigs this year.

About changes: I don't like them too much in general but I can bear a musician to change :wink2: I know that it's a bonus song this time. I'm just a bit worried about the future.

in dog years maybe!:mf_rosetinted:

He has Melachi for a year yo? He got het as a puppy so Melachi ís not older than 15 months I suppose. 1 year of dog´s life = 7 years of human´s life, so melachi should be like 8 or 9 years old girl :thumb_yello: