New Mika Song in French: "Elle me dit"

mellody

I think that if one goes by the 'generally accepted' definition of international megastar, it's safe to say that he is not.

Or just because they weren't around in 2007, when he did this at Ibiza Rocks. I'm quite sure that everyone heard it then :roftl:

Anyway, how many times does he say "cuerpo" in that song? :naughty: Whenever he doesn't know what word comes, he just says "cuerpo".

I have to disagree on that; I had a similar situation to Mika, in that I also lived abroad for a number of years around the same ages as him (and in fact, until later, as I didn't go back to live in Spain until I was 12)

However, I can say that as much as I integrated in The Netherlands and Argentina whilst I lived there, and I loved the language and spoke it as a native because kids pick languages up at the speed of light, and that I love the country, culture, etc... I do NOT feel Dutch or Argentinian in any way, or would I class myself as having been raised there, etc...

As Christine said, Mika came back to the UK as a child still, and spent his formative years here. He's basically British as he has inadvertently defined himself (i will never forget when in the infamous Brixton afterparty in 2008 he stuck his hand up fast when he was listing the countries where people came from and he said 'UK') and if one wants to push it, with Lebanese and North American influences due to his parents and heritage. He was living in France whilst his parents spoke English at home and for a very limited amount of time. That doesn't make him even semi French :aah:

It doesn't bother me that it's French either, it just bothers me that I find the song pretty poor :naughty: and just like a copy :dunno:

I don't feel betrayed at all because he's singing in French. I just don't like this song very much, or think that it's not up to the usual standard that he produces. I will disagree on what you say about the song becoming a hit in non francophone countries. I can tell you right now that his song wouldn't get anywhere in the UK charts for sure :lmfao:

Also, I find it silly that he's not making any efforts to promote things in any other country it would seem, and that he's catering so much to the French market at the cost of forgetting about others.

Absolutely agree. It really goes without saying that this French single would never even be considered in getting airplay here in the States...so off the bat he's limiting himself.

I hate Mika!

He's always making me love things I can't stand.

I love him so much.

With that out of the way, I was all set to loathe this song. I hated taking French in school. The translation of the lyrics annoyed me. Dance music makes me want to punch speakers because it's so BORING and droning and it just killed me to think of Mika making dance music.

I heard the first few notes and I thought, "This sounds like everything else I've ever heard from all of the boring popular rubbish on the radio." I started to tear up.

Then, the singing got me. His voice kills me no matter what he's doing with it. Just makes me happy. Just makes me want to dance. Just makes me love whatever he's doing despite myself. And I just hate being proven wrong.

I was SO WRONG!

Thirty seconds in, I was grinning ear to ear. Fourty-five seconds in, I had jumped out of my chair and started dancing, cursing Mika for every awesome second because I was NOT going to dance and I was dancing anyway.

He's the pied piper and I am helpless to his tune.

So, I love him for making me grin and laugh and dance on a day when that was the last thing I would have believed I was going to do. :wub2:

Now, I'm just cranky that I can't have the album yet. :sneaky2:

ok!! you scared me a bit there

my reaction to your post:

:shocked:

:lmfao:

aw :wub2: mika does that ..the bastard :mf_rosetinted:

I hate Mika!

He's always making me love things I can't stand.

I love him so much.

With that out of the way, I was all set to loathe this song. I hated taking French in school. The translation of the lyrics annoyed me. Dance music makes me want to punch speakers because it's so BORING and droning and it just killed me to think of Mika making dance music.

I heard the first few notes and I thought, "This sounds like everything else I've ever heard from all of the boring popular rubbish on the radio." I started to tear up.

Then, the singing got me. His voice kills me no matter what he's doing with it. Just makes me happy. Just makes me want to dance. Just makes me love whatever he's doing despite myself. And I just hate being proven wrong.

I was SO WRONG!

Thirty seconds in, I was grinning ear to ear. Fourty-five seconds in, I had jumped out of my chair and started dancing, cursing Mika for every awesome second because I was NOT going to dance and I was dancing anyway.

He's the pied piper and I am helpless to his tune.

So, I love him for making me grin and laugh and dance on a day when that was the last thing I would have believed I was going to do. :wub2:

Now, I'm just cranky that I can't have the album yet. :sneaky2:

Then, the singing got me. His voice kills me no matter what he's doing with it. Just makes me happy. Just makes me want to dance. Just makes me love whatever he's doing despite myself.

SO TRUE :wub2:

I liked the song the first time I heard, in love :fangurl:

Then, the singing got me. His voice kills me no matter what he's doing with it. Just makes me happy. Just makes me want to dance. Just makes me love whatever he's doing despite myself.

SO TRUE :wub2:

I liked the song the first time I heard, in love :fangurl:

+1 :fangurl::fangurl::fangurl:

Has it been posted ???

Voici.fr

Mika chante en français son nouveau single « Elle me dit »

Le petit frenchy…

http://www.voici.fr/news-people/actu-people/mika-chante-en-francais-son-nouveau-single-elle-me-dit-414960

@Kumazzz thanks for posting :thumb_yello::flowers2:

Translation :biggrin2:

Mika sings in French his new single "Elle Me Dit"

The little frenchy ...

Mika had put water in our mouth while singing his hit "Grace Kelly" in French, and he resumed again in whispering words in our language ...

After two albums with cartoons, Life in Cartoon Motion and The Boy Who Knew Too Much, Mika is in full preparation of the third: The origin of love.

A small third eagerly awaited by his many fans (including us) ... but not released until 2012! A eternity!

Fortunately, the singer has everything: to make us wait, he launched on FM yesterday, a single at least surprising. A title called ''Elle Me Dit'' and it's particularity for being French. The star says to RTL2 to have worked with the singer and lyricist for this song Doriand.

Contrary to what might suggest the title of the album to come, it is not a love song, but a song about the mother-son relationship which can sometimes be tense ...? Painful? Annoying?

''Elle Me Dit'' it's the story of a mother who can not stop lecturing his son. All on a very musical "Mika style", sunny pop and fresh. Everything we love. We want more to dance all summer long! You can listen

PS: For those who would like to say hello to Mika this summer, go to Compiegne on July 9 and July 13 in Ajaccio.

Edited by BiaIchihara

@Kumazzz thanks for posting :thumb_yello::flowers2:

Translation :biggrin2:

Mika sings in French his new single "Elle Me Dit"

The little frenchy ...

Mika had put water in our mouth while singing his hit "Grace Kelly" in French, and he resumed again in whispering words in our language ...

After two albums with cartoons, Life in Cartoon Motion and The Boy Who Knew Too Much, Mika is in full preparation of the third: The origin of love.

A small third eagerly awaited by his many fans (including us) ... but not released until 2012! A eternity!

Fortunately, the singer has everything: to make us wait, he launched on FM yesterday, a single at least surprising. A title called ''Elle Me Dit'' and it's particularity for being French. The star says to RTL2 to have worked with the singer and lyricist for this song Doriand.

Contrary to what might suggest the title of the album to come, it is not a love song, but a song about the mother-son relationship which can sometimes be tense ...? Painful? Annoying?

''Elle Me Dit'' it's the story of a mother who can not stop lecturing his son. All on a very musical "Mika style", sunny pop and fresh. Everything we love. We want more to dance all summer long! You can listen

PS: For those who would like to say hello to Mika this summer, go to Compiegne on July 9 and July 13 in Ajaccio.

thanks a lot for translation !! :huglove:

Thankx Bia/Eriko :flowers2:

i've had some correspondance with a few montreal DJs & a music site, i sent them the shortcut to the song... will follow it up on Monday, as they were busy playing Canadian music yesterday :naughty:

can we do that? send a link to a radiostation?:blush-anim-cl:

Absolutely agree. It really goes without saying that this French single would never even be considered in getting airplay here in the States...so off the bat he's limiting himself.

I think the French songs are just something he wanted to do. He is going to release English songs (he said) before the album. When that happens I'm sure he will promote the songs and tour UK and USA

But these songs in French just show how diverse he is. He's far more than a one-trick-pony and he's got people talking about him again. He's also given us something new to listen to and to talk about on here after months in the Mikawilderness, so I'm loving Mikaworld right now.

One thing I'm especially happy about it that he's singing EMD in concert already. I'm so glad he didn't wait for Compiegne to sing it for the first time. He's singing some other new songs there, some in English as well, so we have lots to look forward to and nothing to feel sad about. His new album will be in English and will have great songs on it. This is just something extra.

I think the French songs are just something he wanted to do. He is going to release English songs (he said) before the album. When that happens I'm sure he will promote the songs and tour UK and USA

But these songs in French just show how diverse he is. He's far more than a one-trick-pony and he's got people talking about him again. He's also given us something new to listen to and to talk about on here after months in the Mikawilderness, so I'm loving Mikaworld right now.

One thing I'm especially happy about it that he's singing EMD in concert already. I'm so glad he didn't wait for Compiegne to sing it for the first time. He's singing some other new songs there, some in English as well, so we have lots to look forward to and nothing to feel sad about. His new album will be in English and will have great songs on it. This is just something extra.

I agree with you, maybe he is just releasing his french songs to sneakily promote the Compiegne gig.

I agree with you, maybe he is just releasing his french songs to sneakily promote the Compiegne gig.

that is what I thought aswell.

I`m glad he released it so we have something new to listen to^^. I don`t understand much french but I love it because it is MIka and it makes me happy and dance around:wub2:

that is what I thought aswell.

I`m glad he released it so we have something new to listen to^^. I don`t understand much french but I love it because it is MIka and it makes me happy and dance around:wub2:

Definitely!

No complaints from me! I was over the moon when I heard it so it's fine!

Definitely!

No complaints from me! I was over the moon when I heard it so it's fine!

I was a bit concerned whether he would change in style and so on but was in love with the song at once because his music is still as brilliant as it allways was:fangurl:

I think the French songs are just something he wanted to do.

Agreed. I quite like EMD, i've got the chorus to it down, and so what if thats the only thing that I can manage to sing along to- just need to sing extra loud to make up for it :naughty:

SO beg to differ:

MIKA: "Elle Me Dit’

"International pop star MIKA is currently doing a special promo tour in Europe as he finishes his third studio album, The Origin of Love, due out later this year . . ."

http://popboi.com/2011/07/02/mika-elle-me-dit/

"International pop singing sensation Mika is set to play to a sell-out crowd on Sunday when he stages his first concert in Beirut, the city of his birth."

International pop star Mika 2nd concert in Korea

http://koreanupdates.com/2010/04/07/international-pop-star-mika-2nd-concert-in-korea/

"'The Boy Who Knew Too Much' has ranked within the top 10 in Australia, the Netherlands, Germany, France and Switzerland in its first week of its release."

International music star Mika sets sights on U.S.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2009/09/19/us-mika-idUSTRE58I09520090919

Mika takes Nice by storm - How long before they rename it the Palais Mikaia?

"International pop phenomenon Mika brought the house down at the Nice Palais Nikaia on Saturday with a superb set of songs delivered with panache and showmanship and a simple enough message - the world is more fun with love in it. From his entrance as a spaceman right through to the riotous series of encores, Mika and his band delivered high-quality pop and a spectacle bursting with energy and charisma."

http://www.fr2day.com/arts/mika_takes_nice_by_storm

I admire the way you think! :biggrin2:

Agreed. I quite like EMD, i've got the chorus to it down, and so what if thats the only thing that I can manage to sing along to- just need to sing extra loud to make up for it :naughty:

haha, same here, I can only manage the chorus, french is tough to speak ! :aah:

can we do that? send a link to a radiostation?:blush-anim-cl:

some radio stations ask their listeners what they'd like to hear (on the radio or via their website) you can just say that you heard Mika's new song & that you'd like them to play it. since they may not know which song you are talking about, you can send the link to the site where they can listen to it, and hopefully they like it and start playing it :blush-anim-cl:

Gramatically I would definitely have to agree with you. Especially as English is not my first language. But it fits perfectly well with the emotions in the song and for me represents the new level of loneliness that creeps up on you when you live alone. You can feel lonely because you've recently been dumped / are new / have secrets /whatever. And then you can feel lonely-lonely when on top of all that home is an empty flat.

Okay I think I finally understand what you (and probably Camille too) are saying :doh: I have been hearing this lyric for 4.5 years now so it's hard to adopt a fresh perspective. :naughty:

So with much, much reading between the lines it would be...

Lonel(iness) is(/feels) so (much more) lonely (when you're living) alone.

But um...there really are some things missing there in order for it to make sense on any level, not just grammatically.

I am happy that he has progressed to writing things like this:

More than an illustration

Points of articulation

Come to life on a brass spring

Such a wonderful play thing

It's the same economy of words but it paints such a vivid and complete picture.

And back on topic. I really really love this line for some reason. The rhythm of EMD is very catchy and that's why I love Yelle's stuff too.

Elle me dit, "qu'est-ce tu fous sur internet,

ca va pas bien dans ta tête.

Regarde le temps que tu perds."

And I wanted to ask...I think the first line was transcribed as "qu'est-ce que tu fous sur internet," but I don't hear the "que". Does it make sense without it?

some radio stations ask their listeners what they'd like to hear (on the radio or via their website) you can just say that you heard Mika's new song & that you'd like them to play it. since they may not know which song you are talking about, you can send the link to the site where they can listen to it, and hopefully they like it and start playing it :blush-anim-cl:

oh, :teehee: think i might send a link too then, what's the correct link?

i didn't think it was allowed first, that's why i asked:blush-anim-cl:

Okay I think I finally understand what you (and probably Camille too) are saying :doh: I have been hearing this lyric for 4.5 years now so it's hard to adopt a fresh perspective. :naughty:

So with much, much reading between the lines it would be...

Lonel(iness) is(/feels) so (much more) lonely (when you're living) alone.

But um...there really are some things missing there in order for it to make sense on any level, not just grammatically.

I am happy that he has progressed to writing things like this:

More than an illustration

Points of articulation

Come to life on a brass spring

Such a wonderful play thing

It's the same economy of words but it paints such a vivid and complete picture.

And back on topic. I really really love this line for some reason. The rhythm of EMD is very catchy and that's why I love Yelle's stuff too.

Elle me dit, "qu'est-ce tu fous sur internet,

ca va pas bien dans ta tête.

Regarde le temps que tu perds."

And I wanted to ask...I think the first line was transcribed as "qu'est-ce que tu fous sur internet," but I don't hear the "que". Does it make sense without it?

ok...i listened, he doesn't say it, it should be there. however because he is speaking fast, it is somewhat assumed that he said it under his breath :naughty:

The sentence doesn't loose its meaning, we do that sometimes to accelerate things when speaking :aah:

oh, :teehee: think i might send a link too then, what's the correct link?

i didn't think it was allowed first, that's why i asked:blush-anim-cl:

you can send them to this site... it's available for everyone to listen to the song. for a while anyways. :naughty:

http://www.chartsinfrance.net/mika/news-74386.html