New Mika Song in French: "Elle me dit"

mellody

Re: Getting radio airplay of Elle Me Dit

I've tweeted our friends @WeekendWireless with a link to EMD. Maybe others could do the same. I think they might play it. They are our best bet.

I also tweeted Q Radio.

I think that's all we can do. Just get the song out there to the radio stations. Tweet them and tell them, see what happens.

I'll go onto the voting thread and mention this as well.

I think that is exactly why Mika reminds me of FM / Queen. Their albums usually included a wide range of songs from many genres and I never get bored when listening to them. At the same time, their music evolved from one album to another. It did not mean getting better, but trying different sounds and concepts...etc., without fully succumbing to one particular trend.

This is it, right reason!!! It's what I always felt subcontiously, but never had an idea to express with words! :thumb_yello:

Re: Getting radio airplay of Elle Me Dit

I've tweeted our friends @WeekendWireless with a link to EMD. Maybe others could do the same. I think they might play it. They are our best bet.

I also tweeted Q Radio.

I think that's all we can do. Just get the song out there to the radio stations. Tweet them and tell them, see what happens.

I'll go onto the voting thread and mention this as well.

Well I truly hope that you will succeed but to be honest I haven't even heard the song on French radio since Friday :blink: I hope it's just because I've missed it, but I spent some time researching and it looks like they are not playing it

Well I truly hope that you will succeed but to be honest I haven't even heard the song on French radio since Friday :blink: I hope it's just because I've missed it, but I spent some time researching and it looks like they are not playing it

Virgin radio played it around 1pm/1.30pm today and RTL2 or RFM played it yesterday morning when I was at work :thumb_yello:

Virgin radio played it around 1pm/1.30pm today and RTL2 or RFM played it yesterday morning when I was at work :thumb_yello:

Oh thanks for that. I was actually coming here to ask if it was getting airplay in France.

:wub2:i like more how this song sounds live!

MIKATUBE

Mika - Elle me dit - Live Bestfest 2011

http://mikatube.com/audio/124/mika-elle-me-dit-live-bestfest-2011

I think it's nice to hear this song at a festival instead of a cover to get people dancing.

Weekend Wireless did reply to my tweet. They hadn't heard about the song, but I sent them a link to it, so they might play it.

Thank you! I'm a little bit 'relieved' :biggrin2:

Weekend Wireless did reply to my tweet. They hadn't heard about the song, but I sent them a link to it, so they might play it.

:thumb_yello:

This Weekend Wireless is a dodgy operation. Sorry I'm not trying to dampen anyone's enthusiasm but just be wary. Personally I would not waste any time on them. From what I understand they have been using Mika's fanbase to chat up young girls and it's a real Mickey Mouse operation with no real listenership anyway.

This Weekend Wireless is a dodgy operation. Sorry I'm not trying to dampen anyone's enthusiasm but just be wary. Personally I would not waste any time on them. From what I understand they have been using Mika's fanbase to chat up young girls and it's a real Mickey Mouse operation with no real listenership anyway.

:wink2: Hear, hear.

That's exactly what I know about them too....

:wink2: Hear, hear.

That's exactly what I know about them too....

Really?

It's a real show on a real radio station, and recently up for an award.

And they had TBWKTM as album of the week recently.

Really?

The station is run by volunteers so I'm not sure how qualified these people are. Anyway I would just be wary that's all. They don't seem to act professional at all.

Really?

Yeah there's no question they are an existing station and actually broadcast a radio program, but as others have said it's obscure and the people behind it aren't very professional.

A while ago they were on Twitter trying to encourage Mika fans to spam Mika's Twitter account in order to get an interview with him on their program. When someone pointed out that they should contact Mika's people and make their request through proper channels, the Weekend Wireless people replied saying oh, we don't have time to do it that way. :doh: Trust me, that's not how any sort of proper radio station operates. You don't see Radio 1 DJs asking people to spam Mika in order to get an interview. :naughty:

So, if they want to play Elle Me Dit, great, but like Christine said I suggest we remain a little wary about these guys.

Yeah there's no question they are an existing station and actually broadcast a radio program, but as others have said it's obscure and the people behind it aren't very professional.

A while ago they were on Twitter trying to encourage Mika fans to spam Mika's Twitter account in order to get an interview with him on their program. When someone pointed out that they should contact Mika's people and make their request through proper channels, the Weekend Wireless people replied saying oh, we don't have time to do it that way. :doh: Trust me, that's not how any sort of proper radio station operates. You don't see Radio 1 DJs asking people to spam Mika in order to get an interview. :naughty:

So, if they want to play Elle Me Dit, great, but like Christine said I suggest we remain a little wary about these guys.

Weren't they also asking/commenting on fans' knickers?

Weren't they also asking/commenting on fans' knickers?

Yes I can't remember the exact story and I never verified it with the fan(s) involved, but I think younglings especially should be careful. I called up one of the top radio stations in Toronto when I was 17 and one of the head DJs stayed on the phone chatting to me for hours, knowing how young I was (I think he was probably in his 30s at the time). He turned up at my office the next day even though we hadn't made any arrangements to meet or anything of the sort.

Even if it's a legitimate radio station it doesn't mean that the people working there are not capable of taking advantage of their position.

"Mika" is a multi million dollar operation and ultimately it's their job to get Mika on the air. I'm not saying fans shouldn't participate in campaigns but I don't want to see younglings getting involved with potentially dodgy characters in some small radio outfit. It's not worth it.