New Mika Song in French: "Elle me dit"

mellody

Here's a announcer with all the timezones of the world to you know when the single will be transmitted at your country, let me know if it works or not :wink2::wink2::wink2:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Mika\%27s+New+single+\%27\%27Elle+Me+Dit\%27\%27+Release&iso=20110701T08&p1=195&sort=1

Thank you for that, it's very helpful:thumb_yello:

Does "we can't put it in an mp3" also mean that it can't be putted on youtube ?:teehee:

Yes.

Because then people won't buy the single, and Mika won't have a hit :crybaby:

I think there will be lots of us who won't be able to hear it until it's properly released :sad:

But it's not going to be a stolen demo, it will be officially on the radio! :dunno: So I hope they will put it somewhere in the Internet, at least in a bad quality.

It's okay if you lve in Europe, but there are other people who live in timezones that aren't awake then.

And also people who are at work that don't have access to a computer to hear it.

I know this would be an issue wherever he decided to premiere it, but after the debacle this afternoon, it's like kicking someone when they are down:emot-sad:

I know, right! It's disappointing and frustrating... I'm so NOT going to wake up at silly o'clock to hear it live. I hope it stays in some website for a while, so everyone can listen to it.

It seems to me this song is not for people in other time zones. If it was it would not be in French. :naughty:

That's another thing I don't understand. Isn't this the album's first official single? Then...why in french, broadcasted in french radios and released only by the french label? :boxed:

Nothing against France, but hey...there are a couple of us in other countries... :teehee:

Universal may pull them off of YouTube. It depends how protective they are going to be about it. I remember some bloggers like Arjan posting links to BIOTG so perhaps it will be freely distributed. The might also post it to MS like they did the SFS songs.

But all of that is up to Mika/Universal. We are not going to have the mp3 posted here for people to download it unless they expressly allow it.

I know, right! It's disappointing and frustrating... I'm so NOT going to wake up at silly o'clock to hear it live. I hope it stays in some website for a while, so everyone can listen to it.

That's another thing I don't understand. Isn't this the album's first official single? Then...why in french, broadcasted in french radios and released only by the french label? :boxed:

Nothing against France, but hey...there are a couple of us in other countries... :teehee:

No I think it'll just be a bonus track. As he said in the interviews, he'll make an album with English songs and some French bonus songs.

I hope the french bonus songs will be on the CDs comming out here too and not only in France :sneaky2:.

It's called "I have a big concert in France to promote" :wink2:

Indeed. It was only a week or two ago he was saying that he didn't even know if the French songs would be ready to debut at Compiegne and now one is being released to radio by Mika himself. Hope it boosts ticket sales :fisch:

I'd like to call it "There are more gigs coming up (outside France) and it would be nice to do some promoting there too". :naughty:

Indeed. It was only a week or two ago he was saying that he didn't even know if the French songs would be ready to debut at Compiegne and now one is being released to radio by Mika himself. Hope it boosts ticket sales :fisch:

Are the ticket sales that bad?

I mean, the Compiegne gig is getting more attention than the others all together! :teehee: Does he really need to focus THIS MUCH on his french audience? Why would this gig be any different from the others he did in France? (in terms of audience, I mean) :dunno:

I'd like to call it "There are more gigs coming up (outside France) and it would be nice to do some promoting there too". :naughty:

Most of the other gigs are festivals, and he gets paid regardless of who turns up. For Compiegne to make money, he needs to sell tickets.

And you can't deny that France is probably his biggest market at the moment..

Yeah, the gig, french interviews and Elle me dit is the only way that we know that he's actually active and doing something. I'll still be up at the time it premieres even if it is gonna be 2 am. *shrug* It just has to work out, it has to!!!

Most of the other gigs are festivals, and he gets paid regardless of who turns up. For Compiegne to make money, he needs to sell tickets.

And you can't deny that France is probably his biggest market at the moment..

I know that, but being France the big market that it is for him, wasn't the gig supposed to sell out anyway? He even sold out Parc Des Princes, and wasn't even announced he was playing new songs back then!

I don't mind the single/bonus track/whatever being in french, I just don't see how it will help him, by it's release being so centered in France. :dunno:

He has built a huge fanbase all over the world, and in France it is very solid. I understand the whole marketing thing, but anyway, this seems a bit too much, that's all. :dunno:

(I wish I could explain my point of view in a better way, but my english skills today are cr@p! lol)

Here's a announcer with all the timezones of the world to you know when the single will be transmitted at your country, let me know if it works or not :wink2::wink2::wink2:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Mika\%27s+New+single+\%27\%27Elle+Me+Dit\%27\%27+Release&iso=20110701T08&p1=195&sort=1

Thanx; very helpful.

02:00 AM for me!

Hi people !

I saw on the first post from Mellody that it's written 7 AM to listen to the song on Music Party. But when you go to the website, it says it will be broadcast in 9 hours and 20 minutes so it will be at 9 AM (French summer time) :wink2: Maybe it was already said, but I don't want people to get up early for nothing :teehee:

I do think the first time we'll listen to it will be on NRJ (the Compiègne's gig partner btw !)

I'm anxious for this song ! Happy to hear Mika sing a real new song in French but also anxious :teehee::blush-anim-cl:

Well, I understood he said the album will be in English but there will be other tracks in French. I see that as bonus tracks that maybe will be released on the French spealing countries. I don't think this single will be released outside a french speaking country. For me, it's to early to release a single, more than 6 months before a new album. I do think the "real" first single will be released in a few months, in English and all countries. See that like a little "bonus" :teehee::blush-anim-cl:

And this single is like a support for Compiègne, he will sing the song etc. It's quite a big event so they thought it would be the perfect timing to release this French single and to promote the gig :wink2: Well, it's how I see it !