Mika at Paléo festival, Switzerland - 23.07.2011

Nanou

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What's the purpose of it?

:dunno:

Moreover I find it close to ignorant to mention Amy Winehouse in the same context with the Oslo victims. Why not even put her in a bucket with the thousands of starving people in Somalia?

As for a purpose, the audience being tickled pink with "Aww" should Be sufficient. Not that I think he does not feel empathy when he says so.

It won't bring anyone back.

Moreover I find it close to ignorant to mention Amy Winehouse in the same context with the Oslo victims. Why not even put her in a bucket with the thousands of starving people in Somalia?

As for a purpose, the audience being tickled pink with "Aww" should Be sufficient. Not that I think he does not feel empathy when he says so.

death of amy and the victims in oslo did happen during this weekend so i can understand why he'd mention both

Yes. :roftl: That's about everything they have in common. Sorry.

well, for all we know, if amy wouldn't have died, he might still have mentioned Norway, that's something we'll never know, cause she did die and it happened to be the day of the gig Mika replaced her

it's both sad and tragic

well, for all we know, if amy wouldn't have died, he might still have mentioned Norway, that's something we'll never know, cause she did die and it happened to be the day of the gig Mika replaced her

it's both sad and tragic

You're probably right.

Of course it won't bring anyone back. The same way, when someone dies and you pay your respects to their friends or family. It won't bring the person back, but it's kind to do that. Because basically, it's all you can do at that moment.

He was just showing some respect.

It was a bit obvious that he would say something about Amy, as he was replacing her there. And he probably was as shocked as all of us to hear about the tragedy in Norway and decided to say a word abut that too.

It doesn't mean he's putting them all in the same bag, or that he thinks the situations were remotely similar. He just felt like doing that. Can't see what the fuss is all about, really...

Just my two cents...

Of course it won't bring anyone back. The same way, when someone dies and you pay your respects to their friends or family. It won't bring the person back, but it's kind to do that. Because basically, it's all you can do at that moment.

It was a bit obvious that he would say something about Amy, as he was replacing her there. And he probably was as shocked as all of us to hear about the tragedy in Norway and decided to say a word abut that too.

It doesn't mean he's putting them all in the same bag, or that he thinks the situations were remotely similar. He just felt like doing that. Can't see what the fuss is all about, really...

Just my two cents...

I totally agree with you!:thumb_yello:

Just my two cents...

Could not have used better words.

When you lose someone, any gesture from anyone is welcome (and the lack of it is even worse), speaking from personal exprience.

Archived