Mika at Paléo festival, Switzerland - 23.07.2011

Nanou

This is going to be a tough crowd tonight. Reminds me of when he said there was a break in his performance while everyone found out Michael Jackson had died and he had to carry on.

A lot of the people in the audience must have bought a ticket to see Amy Winehouse. I'm sure he will handle it well though. I'm a huge huge fan of Amy's work and could use a "little bit of love" if you know what I mean. I think the audience will appreciate a great Mika performance.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They've met a few times, Perez just posted some pics & one of them is with Amy & Mika, but i never heard they were friends or anything. He's also been to at least one of her concerts.

I'm sure it affects him also, but not to the point of cancelling a gig.

and yes.... show must go on!

This is going to be a tough crowd tonight. Reminds me of when he said there was a break in his performance while everyone found out Michael Jackson had died and he had to carry on.

A lot of the people in the audience must have bought a ticket to see Amy Winehouse. I'm sure he will handle it well though. I'm a huge huge fan of Amy's work and could use a "little bit of love" if you know what I mean. I think the audience will appreciate a great Mika performance.

I'm not too worried about Mika, but as you say the crowd will need some cheering up. I just hope they'll stay to listen to Mika after learning the bad news

I've closed the rsvp thread because it's easier to post/read here until the reports start. :thumb_yello:

Thanks :thumb_yello: Reminded me that we needed this for the 50+ rsvps threads as well :teehee: they were like hell if we compare it to the 8 or 10 in this one :naughty:

FROM THE FESTIVAL WEB SITE:

News

SATURDAY 23.07.11

Death of Amy Winehouse: Paléo saddened

'The organisation of Paléo Festival Nyon is greatly saddened to learn of the death of Amy Winehouse at age 27. In a singular twist of fate, this announcement was made a few hours before her slot on the Main Stage of the Festival, a performance that was cancelled in June.

The music world loses a tremendous voice and our thoughts and sympathy go out to her family and all those close to this very talented artist.'

Archived