"The Origin of Love" - the pieces of a puzzle

nenartus

Oooh, I didn't know you could do that :naughty: Oh thanks!

Well back in the day a good record shop would order whatever you want for you (if you paid a deposit). I guess it could be different with these retailers now, but give it a try. :wink2:

That's not reliable. It says it's being released on Warner Bros records which is incorrect, it's Universal.

But anyway Universal said it was the 18th, so unless it changes...

yes, i saw the Warner Bros Records after i posted this... i was just looking at the date :naughty:

yes, i saw the Warner Bros Records after i posted this... i was just looking at the date :naughty:

They haven't even cited a reference for where they got the info, like all the other entries. Maybe they heard it from MFC :lmfao:

For BELGIUM :

FREE RECORD SHOP UPDATE :DDDD

NORMAL (20,50 euros)

DELUXE (24euros)

CD 1

1. Origin Of Love

2. Lola

3. Stardust

4. Make You Happy -La Edit

5. Underwater

6. Overrated

7. Kids

8. I Only Love You When I'm Drunk

9. Step With Me

10. Popular (I Know About...)

11. Emily

12. Heroes

13. Celebrate

14. Make You Happy -Miami Edit.

CD 2

1. Celebrate -Acoustic

2. Origin Of Love -Acoustic

3. Kids -Acoustic

4. Love You When I'm Drunk -Acoustic

5. Overrated -Acoustic

6. Elle Me Dit

7. Tah Dah

8. Stardust -Benny Benassi Mix

9. Celebrate -Rivera Remix

It seems like we could also get the French version as well which mean we could choose... (3 DIFFERENT VERSIONS!) I will believe it when I see it but that'd be great indeed ;D Anyway, France & Netherlands aren't far ... XD (A)

For BELGIUM :

FREE RECORD SHOP UPDATE :DDDD

NORMAL (20,50 euros)

DELUXE (24euros)

CD 1

1. Origin Of Love

2. Lola

3. Stardust

4. Make You Happy -La Edit

5. Underwater

6. Overrated

7. Kids

8. I Only Love You When I'm Drunk

9. Step With Me

10. Popular (I Know About...)

11. Emily

12. Heroes

13. Celebrate

14. Make You Happy -Miami Edit.

CD 2

1. Celebrate -Acoustic

2. Origin Of Love -Acoustic

3. Kids -Acoustic

4. Love You When I'm Drunk -Acoustic

5. Overrated -Acoustic

6. Elle Me Dit

7. Tah Dah

8. Stardust -Benny Benassi Mix

9. Celebrate -Rivera Remix

It seems like we could also get the French version as well which mean we could choose... (3 DIFFERENT VERSIONS!) I will believe it when I see it but that'd be great indeed ;D Anyway, France & Netherlands aren't far ... XD (A)

Free Record Shop is always too expensive.

It's cheaper in Holland

I'll check it out as well :> Thanks ~

It was also cheaper on Fnac.be but they haven't added any detail yet for the tracklisting and they didn't talk about any French version there. We'll see... We can't pre-order for now so the price can change by then anyway ;)

I'll check it out as well :> Thanks ~

It was also cheaper on Fnac.be but they haven't added any detail yet for the tracklisting and they didn't talk about any French version there. We'll see... We can't pre-order for now so the price can change by then anyway ;)

No, if you pre-order it for that price, they must give it to you for that price.

Even cheaper here: http://www.wowhd.nl/search?q=Mika+Origin+of+Love&t=all I would order from them if I hadn't had such bad experiences with broken cases.

No, if you pre-order it for that price, they must give it to you for that price.

Even cheaper here: http://www.wowhd.nl/search?q=Mika+Origin+of+Love&t=all I would order from them if I hadn't had such bad experiences with broken cases.

If I can, I'll buy it myself at the store ;) We'll see~

We can't pre-order on free record shop anyway ^^

I don't understand why is it being released in September everywhere, but in UK in October, shouldn't be all the way around? like, first in the UK and then the rest of the world? :dunno: maybe I'm getting sth wrong :mf_rosetinted:I don't know :aah:

I don't understand why is it being released in September everywhere, but in UK in October, shouldn't be all the way around? like, first in the UK and then the rest of the world? :dunno: maybe I'm getting sth wrong :mf_rosetinted:I don't know :aah:

you perfectly make sense don't worry :naughty:

but Mikalandia works the other way round most of the times :insane:

"rest of the world" isn't true though, for germany it's october 5. :sneaky2: says so on the german universal website. seems like it's the same for austria, as there's an album version from universal austria on the german amazon website, with release date oct 5.

But surely it will be available with online Swedish retailers eventually, and before October 8. :dunno: I've never understood the point of preordering CDs. I know why the record company wants you to do it but there's nothing in it for the buyer.

i don't know if it's the same for CDs, but pre-ordering harry potter from amazon meant that you'd get it delivered to your home on the day of the release. if they did that too, and not only start sending the CDs out that day, this would be an advantage. :naughty:

Edited by mellody

i don't know if it's the same for CDs, but pre-ordering harry potter from amazon meant that you'd get it delivered to your home on the day of the release. if they did that too, and not only start sending the CDs out that day, this would be an advantage. :naughty:

At Amazon.fr they have a "delivered at the day of the release for sure"-promise for TOOL (at least for France)

Sometimes preordering has advantages, for example when you have no time to go to the cd-shop on the release day or if your artist isn't one of the really big ones so you have to try 10 stores before you finally found one that has the CD.

(And if you are lucky you get the CD sometimes an day earlier :naughty:)

But personally I like it much more to go in the store by myself :wink2:

I don't get it either, it's really confusing and in my opinion not very smart to release it in the rest of the world first and then UK :mf_rosetinted:

I know they sometimes have a translated version of the lyrics booklet etc, which can delay non-English versions, like the Japanese one is coming out Oct 3. But ultimately, whether you get it on the first day, first week or first month, it will still be on sale, it will still be just as exciting.

It's only crazy diehards like us who want to get it FIRST.:mf_rosetinted:

I don't get it either, it's really confusing and in my opinion not very smart to release it in the rest of the world first and then UK :mf_rosetinted:

Currently he is more popular in the rest of the world than in the UK. Having done all promo in the rest of the world and then only doing promo in the UK is a smart thing as he can give the promo in the UK his full attention.

They can't make this kind of guarantee in Canada because our mail is so unreliable (huge country, small population, it's unavoidable. :sneaky2:)

But in any case I don't see the point in preordering from Mikasounds unless you live in the UK because it will already be out in other countries first.

Besides I'm sure a lot of people remember how the MS distribution of Songs for Sorrow went.:mf_rosetinted:

Currently he is more popular in the rest of the world than in the UK. Having done all promo in the rest of the world and then only doing promo in the UK is a smart thing as he can give the promo in the UK his full attention.

Yes some of these markets will more or less take care of themselves. He spent 5 minutes promoting Elle Me Dit and it just took on a life of its own in France. Even in Quebec where he did no promotion at all. And maybe strong early numbers in other countries will help the buzz in the UK/US.

Okay I understand it in that way, but I think in Sweden it would have been better if he did the promotion in the UK first, so people will get aware of him, because right now he's almost forgotten. Not even Universal Music Sweden mention him and his new album on their site.

Okay I understand it in that way, but I think in Sweden it would have been better if he did the promotion in the UK first, so people will get aware of him, because right now he's almost forgotten. Not even Universal Music Sweden mention him and his new album on their site.

I guess in the case of Sweden it doesn't matter one way or another does it? If it does do well in the UK then sales in Sweden will pick up later on. Sorry but I think there are only a handful of countries that matter in these equations like France, UK, US and I guess Japan for Asia. The success in these countries is going to feed every other market so the other markets are probably not much taken into consideration.

I think they have made a mistake neglecting Canada though because people like Gaga, Katy Perry etc. often take off here first and it spills into the US later. And I hope they are not going to treat Canada as having an isolated mini-France population because that's not how it is. Sharing a language is not sharing a culture. This is still North America whether people are anglophones or francophones.

I guess in the case of Sweden it doesn't matter one way or another does it? If it does do well in the UK then sales in Sweden will pick up later on. Sorry but I think there are only a handful of countries that matter in these equations like France, UK, US and I guess Japan for Asia. The success in these countries is going to feed every other market so the other markets are probably not much taken into consideration.

I think they have made a mistake neglecting Canada though because people like Gaga, Katy Perry etc. often take off here first and it spills into the US later. And I hope they are not going to treat Canada as having an isolated mini-France population because that's not how it is. Sharing a language is not sharing a culture. This is still North America whether people are anglophones or francophones.

That makes perfectly sens to me, so no I guess it doesn't, unfortunately. It's just me being partial because I want him to success in the country I live in, want people here to listen to him so he'll come here more often and his songs will be played in the radio. And that would be easier if he'd released tool and celebrate in the UK first. But I guess it's just a question of patience because if the album will sell well in the UK and his songs will be played on the radio there, then they'll be played here as well eventually. Just that I don't have patience :teehee:

That makes perfectly sens to me, so no I guess it doesn't, unfortunately. It's just me being partial because I want him to success in the country I live in, want people here to listen to him so he'll come here more often and his songs will be played in the radio. And that would be easier if he'd released tool and celebrate in the UK first. But I guess it's just a question of patience because if the album will sell well in the UK and his songs will be played on the radio there, then they'll be played here as well eventually. Just that I don't have patience :teehee:

But it's really not going to make any difference if they release it in Sweden after they release it in the UK. The process is still going to take just as long. Just think of it this way. Now you are getting the album in your hands earlier. :wink2:

At Amazon.fr they have a "delivered at the day of the release for sure"-promise for TOOL (at least for France)

Sometimes preordering has advantages, for example when you have no time to go to the cd-shop on the release day or if your artist isn't one of the really big ones so you have to try 10 stores before you finally found one that has the CD.

(And if you are lucky you get the CD sometimes an day earlier :naughty:)

But personally I like it much more to go in the store by myself :wink2:

me too, but in this case i have to order it, as in germany it's out later than for example in france. :sad: for the last album it was different - i think asia (japan?) got it first, and germany was second (along with some other countries) as here the release day for new records is friday, whereas in the uk it's monday.

I know they sometimes have a translated version of the lyrics booklet etc, which can delay non-English versions, like the Japanese one is coming out Oct 3. But ultimately, whether you get it on the first day, first week or first month, it will still be on sale, it will still be just as exciting.

It's only crazy diehards like us who want to get it FIRST.:mf_rosetinted:

we've been waiting for 3 years, so OF COURSE we want to get it first! :aah:

They can't make this kind of guarantee in Canada because our mail is so unreliable (huge country, small population, it's unavoidable. :sneaky2:)

But in any case I don't see the point in preordering from Mikasounds unless you live in the UK because it will already be out in other countries first.

Besides I'm sure a lot of people remember how the MS distribution of Songs for Sorrow went.:mf_rosetinted:

agree, and i wasn't refering to pre-ordering on mikasounds, but on amazon. :wink2:

I think Germany is quite important as well. I guess if it does well in Germany, the neighbouring countries on the east side might pick up on it. He doesn't need as much promo in Belgium and the Netherlands, because he's always been quite popular here. And if he does well in France, Belgium will pick up on it and so will we. Celebrate is already doing quite well on the radio here, so we'll see.