R.I.P. Whitney Houston

ängi

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never had an emotional attachment to Whitney Houston but I was a teen in the 80s and was absolutely blown away when that voice appeared on the scene. There had never been anyone like her in top 40 pop music. I had been listening to quite a bit of Dolly Parton in the early 80s so I already knew I Will Always Love You and it was a great song to start with but Whitney Houston took it to a whole other level.

She always seemed so composed and classy. I never would have imagined her life to take the bad turns it did. Such a shame. RIP.

It was another "oh no!" moment when reading the news this morning :no:

It's such a shame to see these talents succumb :sad:

I first (conciously) found out about her because of "the bodyguard".

My favorite song:

[YOUTUBE]h9rCobRl-ng[/YOUTUBE]

What she did with her voice... it all felt so smooth. Like it didn't even cost her any effort. I hope she will be remembered for that, not for the stuff that made the tabloids.

Whitney was incomparable, her voice was rich,powerful but yet effortless ... she will always remin one of the true origins of "girl power" !!! ... my thoughts are with her friends and family ... R.I.P Whitney !!! :rip_1:

here's one of my favs !!!

She won't be forgotten.her voice was incredible,i can't find anyone else that sings like her and never will.i wasn't a teen in 80s but i've known her since my childhood and have so many memories from her beautiful songs.

she was the inspiration for lots of people and i can't still believe she was only 48. :sad:

Rest In Peace Whitney... We Will Always Love You.:rip_1:

The news was definitely shocking for me, but this was a huge shock for my MOM! She used to love her very much, she even bought the Bodyguard album and movie few years ago --'' According to my mom, "I Will Always Love You" was the song that reunited my mom and dad...

R.I.P. Whitney Houston, you had such a flawless voice, you were incredibly talented, and you will never be forgotten :tears::rip_1:

kevin_costner_photo_4.jpg

Kevin Costner Tearfully Reveals What He’d Say To Whitney Houston If She Was Still Alive

http://www.accesshollywood.com/music/kevin-costner-tearfully-reveals-what-hed-say-to-bodyguard-co-star-whitney-houston-if-she-was-still-alive_article_60862

[YOUTUBE]lA3E-svx3i4[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]eM2sBF4QGgM&feature=youtu.be[/YOUTUBE]

bodyguard-whitney-kevin-360x476.jpg

2012-02-18T232402Z_2_BTRE81H1SI100_RTROPTP_2_PEOPLE-US-WHITNEYHOUSTON.JPG

article-2103383-11D06C2E000005DC-634_634x408.jpg

whitneyhouston.jpg?w=620

Whitney Houston laid to rest in private service at N.J. cemetery

http://arts.nationalpost.com/2012/02/19/whitney-houston-funeral/

[YOUTUBE]Bci-0kUwdDk[/YOUTUBE]

'I Will Always Love You' ends Houston funeral

Originally published: February 18, 2012 3:58 PM

Updated: February 18, 2012 4:46 PM

By GLENN GAMBOA

http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/celebrities/i-will-always-love-you-ends-houston-funeral-1.3540355

Yesterday we showed The Bodyguard to our daughter. I watched and cried again, like dozen times before.

The songs of my teenage years. I used to lay and dream, listening to the cassette of Whitney.

Everuthing's so sad

they did it on spanish tv too, I had never cried before watching it, but on saturday, at the end, when they are in the airport, I couldn't stop crying. The first cd I ever got was The bodyguard ST, so sad :boxed:

Archived