• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if I look at gigs from massive artists such as Katy, Justin Timberlake, Justin Bieber, Tokio Hotel, Lady Gaga, you can not get front row by getting there a few hours beforehand. It's all nice to have this Utopian idea about how the queueing should be, but it is not going to change. Not every fan bothers to go on MFC and even fewer fans will care what people on a forum say they should or shouldn't do.

i agree with you ingie. y'know, i'm working as a concert security here in munich (as a side job), and at least for munich i can say that mika definitely isn't the only artist, and not the most famous either, that has fans queuing for hours and running into the venue as soon as the doors open, to get to front row. it also isn't limited to bands with mainly teenage fans. you have it at heavy metal and pop gigs, at big and small gigs, it doesn't matter. even for gigs with assigned seats people arrive before the doors open (though not hours), although i have no idea why. but it's definitely not unusual. i think the worst so far was take that, where people were spending the night in front of the venue - and they're not teenagers anymore either, but in their 30s and 40s. :wink2:

i guess this london gig (festival) in particular will be more relaxed though than the last london gigs... iirc, there were 50 or 60 on the rsvp list back then, which isn't the case this time. and several of them already said here on the thread that they can't be bothered whether they get to the front or not. it's always a question of how many places the front row has vs. how many people want to get to which place, and what they're prepared to do for this. it's different for every gig. if there are 20 or more people who want to get to front row center at all costs, you get people queuing in the early morning. those who are "just" happy with being in front row (not center), or also 2nd/3rd row, will arrive later. i also decide that for myself for every gig individually. in compiegne for example i couldn't be bothered because it was too crazy for my liking, so i arrived at 4pm, and still got a 2nd row place, although i think all or at least most numbered people got in before me, despite the chaos. but many of them preferred 4th row center to 2nd row side. :dunno: but at some gigs i want to be front row center, at most i want to be front row, and i'll do what it takes at the particular gig to get there. there were very few times when i was among the very first ones queuing... and most of those times, it was a sunny warm day that i would've spent outside in the sun anyway - whether i'm sunbathing at a lake or in a queue, i really don't care. :naughty:

anyway: it's today in one week!!! :woot_jump: #hibbeling :biggrin2:

I hope so but if it's not the case and that I feel lost I will scream so :aah:

I think the main differences are there is a tent the VIPs can hang out in and, I hope, posh toilets. :teehee:

"Fast track entry via dedicated VIP entry lanes,

Bespoke VIP area backstage right by the artists and all the action,

Dining area where you can buy delicious food,

VIP bar selling cocktails, wines, beers and spirits,

Posh cubicle toilets,

Dedicated music programming with a different host each day,

No booking fees"

Posh cubicle toilets,

No booking fees"

So I don't have to queue? :wink2:

Posh cubicle toilets,

No booking fees"

I think posh toilets is the best thing on that list! I will just have to drink nothing, or cross my legs! :teehee:

I think posh toilets is the best thing on that list! I will just have to drink nothing, or cross my legs! :teehee:

:blink::teehee::naughty: I am with you on that, it was what I thought reading all of that about the VIP zone...

But for now I still don't know what to do: I go or I do not go :mikasweat:

Yes, in France: Gruchet le Valasse :)

How long is his set suppose to last? did i read somewhere 40 min?

I guess you have to weigh the pros and the cons... is it worth it for you?

Honestly, of all the gigs, this is the one that would interest me the least & i'm not sure why... but on the upside he may sing new songs :naughty:

Is there another festival closer to you this summer?

If I lived in Europe I would definitely go. I flew across a continent and basically didn't sleep for 3 days to catch Mika's 45 minute set because he was playing new songs. It was absolutely worth it for me at that time. This isn't really the same intimate setting so maybe it won't be quite the same experience, but France is not so far. :wink2:

If I lived in Europe I would definitely go. I flew across a continent and basically didn't sleep for 3 days to catch Mika's 45 minute set because he was playing new songs. It was absolutely worth it for me at that time. This isn't really the same intimate setting so maybe it won't be quite the same experience, but France is not so far. :wink2:

The gig at the Roxy & the one at White Chapel with the King Singers are the 2 i wish i would have been there for :swoon:

I love watching the links on youtube

About the 40 min: Are you talking about the lovebox gig ?

I thought about it, but in the other hand I never saw a Mika's gig in London. Of course this one is a festival so it is different than a regular one, but there are specials vibes during london's shows... and with this one and the other I am planning to do in France (Gruchet) I don't see when it will be possible for me to see him play (and it is more expensive to go to the south of France than to go to London for me, there is the point also)

About the 40 min: Are you talking about the lovebox gig ?

I thought about it, but in the other hand I never saw a Mika's gig in London. Of course this one is a festival so it is different than a regular one, but there are specials vibes during london's shows... and with this one and the other I am planning to do in France (Gruchet) I don't see when it will be possible for me to see him play (and it is more expensive to go to the south of France than to go to London for me, there is the point also)

so there you go! decision made ! :yay::naughty:

I guess you have to weigh the pros and the cons... is it worth it for you?

Honestly, of all the gigs, this is the one that would interest me the least & i'm not sure why... but on the upside he may sing new songs :naughty:

Is there another festival closer to you this summer?

I'm a bit confused about this 40 minute set mention. Because the other day Jodie Harsh tweeted that he was doing a full set!

So who do we believe?

I'm a bit confused about this 40 minute set mention. Because the other day Jodie Harsh tweeted that he was doing a full set!

So who do we believe?

maybe jodie is right, i just thought i read somewhere it was 40 minutes... did i dream that?

am i confused with another festival?

maybe jodie is right, i just thought i read somewhere it was 40 minutes... did i dream that?

am i confused with another festival?

Someone got an email from Lovebox saying he was playing at 4pm and for 40 mins.

So who do we believe?

I think 45-60 minutes is a full set. I've been to 3 Mika gigs (not festivals) that were no longer than that. He does seem to be billed as the headliner though so it seems odd that he would play so early and not closer to 60 minutes at least. :dunno:

Someone got an email from Lovebox saying he was playing at 4pm and for 40 mins.

Oh well it could be cool if it's really the case :wink2: I mean not for the 40 mn but because it is in the middle of the afternoon :naughty:

@Enigma: we are save :D

Yeh, I emailed them, and 40 minutes was the responce. But then on twitter they said that they wouldn't be releasing the set times until later next week, so who knows? :dunno: Maybe they change their minds.

Ok ! so I guess it is not even sure that the show will start at 4 pm...

Yeh, I emailed them, and 40 minutes was the responce. But then on twitter they said that they wouldn't be releasing the set times until later next week, so who knows? :dunno: Maybe they change their minds.

I will just be glad when they release the vip tickets :wink2: