isn't it about a hooker? i think i read that somewhere... so he doesn't want to fall in love with that hooker? :dunno:

Who does, anyways???:mf_rosetinted:

He already had his share of whores by now, me thinks...:mikacool:

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh why pretend to be so jaded

It's so easy just to hate it

Everyone can love you for a dollar

But when you find your lust for real

You'll beg and borrow, cheat or steal

Trying to get some money just to call her

-- reminds me of "Carolina sits on 95', give her a dollar and she'll make you smile":teehee:

Edited by lollipop161

Oh why pretend to be so jaded

It's so easy just to hate it

Everyone can love you for a dollar

But when you find your lust for real

You'll beg and borrow, cheat or steal

Trying to get some money just to call her

-- remind me of "Carolina sits on 95', give her a dollar and she'll make you smile":teehee:

That's what i was talking about....

so he doesn't want to fall in love with that hooker? :dunno:

oh that's sad... why not? :naughty:

as for the never ending debate about the first single:

I wouldn´t even say that it´s standarsished pop... or at least not the kind of pop that Rihanna or any of those who are always #1 make. And those who are following that pop, they are not going to buy Mika´s album... IMO

By 'standardised' I meant the aim not to make it sound a like a Mika record and make it really really simple. In reality I don't think it sounds current, either, as he has not completely given up himself, of course. So my point is, why bother then - I agree with you on that.

maybe I´m wrong and he´s going to crash the charts :aah:

yes, I really wonder about the reception of it and I do hope he'll get the radio airplay he wants in the summer and then after increasing interest for him the media could start playing the other songs on TOOL.

What does "Rain" have to do with the rest of the song with the same name? :mf_rosetinted:

It was pourring with rain the day he wrote it, if it was summer the song would be named Sun...

Blame it on the weather...:mf_rosetinted:

as for the never ending debate about the first single

By 'standardised' I meant the aim not to make it sound a like a Mika record and make it really really simple. In reality I don't think it sounds current, either, as he has not completely given up himself, of course. So my point is, why bother then - I agree with you on that.

yes, I really wonder about the reception of it and I do hope he'll get the radio airplay he wants in the summer and then after raised interest the media could start playing the other songs of his album.

What I´ve realised is that he has stopped using the falseto that much, don´t you think so?? I scared a bit when I read he sacked GK in the last festival (but kept Billy Brown :sneaky2:...ffs Mika...pffft) but since he said he had no voice, maybe it was in order to not fail at the higher parts of GK :dunno:

Most of people mocking Mika´s music are always moaning about how unbereable his falseto is. Maybe he decided to quite it a bit?? Or maybe he knows he is getting old and he won´t be able to sing that high forever :mf_rosetinted:

It was pourring with rain the day he wrote it, if it was summer the song would be named Sun...

Blame it on the weather...:mf_rosetinted:

Then someone who had a dog named Lola (:mf_rosetinted:) was calling his dog when Mika was writing this song in his garden :mf_rosetinted:

Problem solved.:aah:

no idea. :mf_rosetinted: guess he's just too picky. :naughty:

What I´ve realised is that he has stopped using the falseto that much, don´t you think so?? I scared a bit when I read he sacked GK in the last festival (but kept Billy Brown :sneaky2:...ffs Mika...pffft) but since he said he had no voice, maybe it was in order to not fail at the higher parts of GK :dunno:

huh, where did he sack GK?! :shocked:

Then someone who had a dog named Lola (:mf_rosetinted:) was calling his dog when Mika was writing this song in his garden :mf_rosetinted:

Problem solved.:aah:

Exactly! And that's why my other dog's name is Mika....:mf_rosetinted:

You mean MamaP was rounding your house while being pregnant of his middle child and heard you calling your dog so she named her son after your dog?:mf_rosetinted:

Right, exactly that!!!:mikacool::mikacool::mikacool:

My dog is only 5 yo...Are ya loosin it Rosita????:doh::mf_rosetinted::mf_rosetinted::mf_rosetinted:

What I´ve realised is that he has stopped using the falseto that much, don´t you think so??

yes, but he should do it at this stage as he won't be able to keep doing it when he is older.

Most of people mocking Mika´s music are always moaning about how unbereable his falseto is. Maybe he decided to quite it a bit?? Or maybe he knows he is getting old and he won´t be able to sing that high forever :mf_rosetinted:

I think it is almost and automatic choice or more like an adaptation to his voice 'aging'. He still sings high a lot thogh and does many big jumps with his voice in the melody that make most of his songs really difficult to sing. He had many other songs before where he did not use his higher range, like Blue Eyes, for example. So it is no surprise to me, really.

I like the little bit with the audience at the beginning. Sounds like some jazz standard, actually.

Edited by suzie

yes, but I think he should do it at this stage as he won't be able to keep doing it when he is older.

I think it is almost and automatic choice or more like an adaptation to his voice 'aging'. He still sings high a lot thogh and does many big jumps with his voice in the melody that make most of his songs really difficult to sing. He had many other songs before where he did not use his higher range, like Blue Eyes, for example. So it is no surprise to me, really.

I like the little bit with the audience at the beginning. Sounds like a jazz standard, actually.

Who said he didn't like jazz? :teehee:

Oh yes, of course, but I meant as in a basis...

I agree, his is aging and also is his voice. I read (don´t remember where) about Michael Jackson that at the end of his days, what amazed the most was the he (even being 50yo) had kept his high voice at the same level, and got the lower to a new level ... erm.... I mean, he kept his high voice and got his low voice even lower. And it amazed them cause they said the high voice was hard to keep when one ages, so, I think it´s better if Mika does what he´s doing.

I´ve recently watched some videos where Jordan Knight tries now to sing songs he used to sing 20 years ago, and man.... it´s disgusting...:mf_rosetinted:

of which festival? of denmark i didn't see one, but statue posted one from estonia, and it's on there, as the last song: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3734726&postcount=6

:lmao:

Yes, I´ve checked and now the song is there :mf_rosetinted: it wasn´t when I first checked :mf_rosetinted:

:aah:

We're ruining this thread, let's discuss Mika being childish

....and bald...somewhere else....:mf_rosetinted:

BALD?? WHO DARES TO SAY MIKA IS GETTING BALD??????

Apart from you and me.......

I don't think anything will blow out Mika's voice like Happy Ending and Love Today so I don't think he's going to drop GK just to save on falsetto. :dunno:

I meant that he is not using it on new songs that much so we'll hear it on fewer occasions - and eventually he'll end up singing those parts an octave lower, too. That I mean in a decade or two :teehee:

Edited by suzie

I meant that he is not using it on new songs that much so we'll hear it on fewer occasions - and eventually he'll end up singing those parts an octave lower, too. That I mean in a decade or two :teehee:

Yes but not...you know...yesterday as Rosa was suggesting. Sorry I should have quoted her. I'm in a hurry. :naughty:

Yes but not...you know...yesterday as Rosa was suggesting. Sorry I should have quoted her. I'm in a hurry. :naughty:

No,no!! :aah: I didn´t mean he dropped GK cause he was aging!! :lmfao:

In one of the vids Nina posted he said he was losing his voice, or something along this line, so I thought that maybe he skipped that song that day because of that, not as in a daily basis from now :aah:

I think I should ad a "IF I SAID SOMETHING REALLY ABSURD, BLAME IT ON MY ENGLISH" sentence to my signature :aah: :aah: