guys i know Wikipedia.com is not the best source in the world ... but i've just read on there that "Lola" is being released a single on 19th of November, what you guys think ??? , i think only time will tell !!! ... personally i wouldn't mind , i really like "Lola" very catchy !!!:fisch:

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

guys i know Wikipedia.com is not the best source in the world ... but i've just read on there that "Lola" is being released a single on 19th of November, what you guys think ??? , i think only time will tell !!! ... personally i wouldn't mind , i really like "Lola" very catchy !!!:fisch:

I don't know how reliable that is, as was discussed in the "Origin of Love" thread -- that date seems totally random. :dunno: Based on how much he says he loves Origin of Love, I wouldn't be surprised if Mika released that as the next single.

I don't know how reliable that is, as was discussed in the "Origin of Love" thread -- that date seems totally random. :dunno:Based on how much he says he loves Origin of Love, I wouldn't be surprised if Mika released that as the next single.

At Milan pre-listening he really seemed to think that way but also let people understand that's it's not totally his decision :dunno:

I didn't like the song at first really, but then things happened.

I started to like this guy really, really, really much and I was just fighting with myself whether to let myself keep feeling that way or just stop everything. I've been through a rough break up last year so I'm insecure and scared of relationships. I find the chorus quite fits how I feel.

I can't wait until the album is out so I can listen to the final version of all the songs :aah:

• 2 weeks later...

i read this on Wikipedia : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Origin_of_Love_(album)#Singles

"Lola" will be released as the album's second single in the United Kingdom and Europe on November 19, 2012. This was revealed by Mika in a YouTube video in which he discussed the making of the album. It is unknown when or if the track will be issued in any other regions.

true? which video they're mentioning? :blink:

i read this on Wikipedia : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Origin_of_Love_(album)#Singles

"Lola" will be released as the album's second single in the United Kingdom and Europe on November 19, 2012. This was revealed by Mika in a YouTube video in which he discussed the making of the album. It is unknown when or if the track will be issued in any other regions.

true? which video they're mentioning? :blink:

They cite the track by track video of Lola as their source so it's not true that Mika said that. We don't know what the next single is going to be though, so it's possible it's Lola. :dunno:

That whole Wiki entry needs to be cleaned up. It's not accurate anymore.

They cite the track by track video of Lola as their source so it's not true that Mika said that. We don't know what the next single is going to be though, so it's possible it's Lola. :dunno:

That whole Wiki entry needs to be cleaned up. It's not accurate anymore.

oh yes you're right they mean TBT of lola. Mika didn't said anything that time so why they wrote it'll be next single? :blink:

oh yes you're right they mean TBT of lola. Mika didn't said anything that time so why they wrote it'll be next single? :blink:

Don't believe everything you read on Wiki. It's just written by regular people and they make mistakes sometimes. :wink2:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The lyrics in the first topic are slightly different than the ones we can find on the official website. Which one is good ? :blink: In bold are the things that are no exactly the same.

http://mikasounds.com/lola-lyrics/

People always make me crazy

Love me lots don’t love me maybe

What’s the point of singing silly love songs

Who they think they agitate

It’s make me sad or make me jealous

Don’t believe a word cause they are so wrong

Lola ah

Lola oh

Sexy lies and mystery

They don’t bring out the best in me

Keep jumping from a lover to another

Thank you for the time you’ve taken

Cleaning up the mess I’m making

Make the same mistake over an over

(2X) Lola I’ve made up my mind

I’m not gonna fall in love this time

Ah

Lola

Oh

Why pretend to be so jaded

It’s so easy just to hate it

Anyone can love you for a dollar

But when you find your loves for real

You’ll beg and borrow, cheat and steal

Trying to get the money just to call her

Like a fish out of water

It’s picks you up and spits you out

Why do we even bother

When theirs only one way out

And we both know it lover

(2X) You can’t stop it if you try

Love makes you laugh love makes you cry

The oldest game in history repeated

(2X) Lola oh

Lola baby’s just another love song

Lola baby’s just another love song

The lyrics in the first topic are slightly different than the ones we can find on the official website. Which one is good ? :blink: In bold are the things that are no exactly the same.

http://mikasounds.com/lola-lyrics/

The only thing that sounds right is "you can't stop it if you try".

"It's makes me sad", "when theirs only", "it's picks you up" are totally incorrect so these lyrics aren't reliable.

:blink:

The only thing that sounds right is "you can't stop it if you try".

"It's makes me sad", "when theirs only", "it's picks you up" are totally incorrect so these lyrics aren't reliable.

Agreed on all points. And I knew it was "you can't stop it..." I'll fix that. Where the heck did they get "agitate" from? :blink:

:blink:

Agreed on all points. And I knew it was "you can't stop it..." I'll fix that. Where the heck did they get "agitate" from? :blink:

Absolutly no idea. Probably for the same reason they said in a facebook update:

"Wake up in the morning

Stumble out my eyes

Can't get no love without sacrifice"

Who the hell is in charge of writing those lyrics on mikasounds and Mika's facebook page? :aah:

• 2 years later...

I've listened to Lola what seems like hundreds of times, and have also watched the interview where he discusses the song, but I'm still confused.

Is Lola:

-someone that he's falling in love with, but then decides to tell that it's not going to happen

or

-a friend of his that he is talking to about the 'love dilemma' he's having with someone?

Help!  :pray:

I've listened to Lola what seems like hundreds of times, and have also watched the interview where he discusses the song, but I'm still confused.

Is Lola:

-someone that he's falling in love with, but then decides to tell that it's not going to happen

or

-a friend of his that he is talking to about the 'love dilemma' he's having with someone?

He explains the song "Lola"  here  :wink2: That's all we know about it. I think it's just a story. We know Mika is good telling stories in his songs.Sometimes the stories are true sometimes invented.

Edited by Mikasister

i think LOLA is a litle yorkshire that he compare with a woman with happy life or disaster life. But very happy with he talk with her.

in my town Malaga all the yorkshire called LOLA. so i refered this i don´t know but DOLORES=LOLA in Spain mean that it´s having a life with pain but God Blessed her with a good life a litle freedomy ... it´s my litle aportation sorry with the mistakes in words.... :yeah:  :mfr_lol:

post-20543-0-23920200-1451296650_thumb.jpg

Is Lola:

or

Since we already have a thread about the song 'Lola', I'm going to merge the 2 threads together  :wink2:

http://www.mikafancl.../page-1?hl=lola