Mika's special message for fans!

robertina

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awww:mikalove:

But i don't get why he use break a leg instead of saying goodbye or something!:aah: is that normal to say for english people?

I don't really get why he said it. It is an English thing. It's kind of a traditional thing to say before a performance: it essentially means 'good luck!'. Quite how 'break a leg' is equivalent to 'good luck' I don't know, but English is a very odd language.

He seems so happy and relaxed in this video!:mikadas:

great... does I ever said how much I love this man..??:aah:

Cant wait the new album too, and of course I hope to see Mika again in this year, coz as he said he will doing sth in autumn too - so - maybe see you Mika..!!:wink2:

I don't really get why he said it. It is an English thing. It's kind of a traditional thing to say before a performance: it essentially means 'good luck!'. Quite how 'break a leg' is equivalent to 'good luck' I don't know, but English is a very odd language.

I think it's because it's believed that wishing someone good luck actually has the opposite effect. I find it pretty superstitious but you know, whatever floats your boat. :aah:

whatever floats your boat. :aah:

That's another odd phrase! He also said 'keep your eyes peeled' which is a horribly graphic metaphor. Can't he just say 'look out' and 'good luck' rather than talking about peeling eyes and breaking legs? Ouch!

That's another odd phrase! He also said 'keep your eyes peeled' which is a horribly graphic metaphor. Can't he just say 'look out' and 'good luck' rather than talking about peeling eyes and breaking legs? Ouch!

:lmfao:

Maybe he's been watching a lot of violent/horror movies lately. :naughty:

Awww:mikalove:

But i don't get why he use break a leg instead of saying goodbye or something!:aah: is that normal to say for english people?

English is, indeed, a very odd language!

I just copy/pasted this info:-

"This phrase dates back to the 1920's and is superstition against wishing an actor good luck. Many people think the origin comes from when in 1865 John Wilkes Booth, who was an actor, broke his leg while leaping to kill President Linoln during a play at the Ford's Theatre. But, this does not really seem like it is related to good luck. Some stage actors think it has to do with bending your knee when you bow, like at the end of a successful play."

"Anyway, Booth didn't jump to kill Lincoln, Booth, having shot Lincoln, jumped to the stage to escape and in doing so broke his leg."

"Break a leg is cited as superstition against good luck, which is what I originally thought it meant, too. Recently, however, I was informed that "leg" refers to the side curtains and it suggests that the applause ought to be so great that the legs fall break from the stage. I can't say how truthful this necessarily is. The side curtains are, however, called legs, so it's entirely possible."

"I would like to make a comment about "break a leg." The original origins of "break a leg," began in theatre ballet productions where they came out for curtain calls. The rod that allows for the curtain to be raised and lowered is called the "LEG". So "break a leg," means truly to get so many curtain calls that the leg breaks in two. Might want to put that out there and correct your site."

and

"Here is the most persistent one (explanation) that I hear: Any time a person or an object moves through or past a drop, they are said to be "Breaking Curtain." The thin curtains that mask the wings are referred to as "legs" Therefore, to enter from the wings, an actor must first "Break a leg."Back in the day, particularly in the era of vaudville, variety shows consisting of assorted talent acts were fairly common, and often the crowd's reaction led to a person being either allowed to finish their act, or forced off the stage, but even a few minutes in the limelight was good exposure for an actor. Ergo, even if their performance wasn't great, or if the actor was shot down before he got a chance to perform, he still had managed to get his name and face out there by breaking the legs."

"If you are backstage and want to fill the cast and crew with extreme dread, all you have to do is shout, "Good luck!" Some thespians are very superstitious. So 'break a leg' is the alternative"

Leg curtains or real legs - take your pick!

And how good to see the original vlogs making a return :-) :wub2:

Maybe he's got more than one :wink2: three??

Aww, totally forgot!

Of course three! And he has an own red washing machine for each :)

To me it's the same one, i've just mentionned it before...Besides it looks sloppy and old...:sneaky2:

Say wooot? Sloppy? :naughty: as for me, it is so thin that one can almost see his body... :das: it looks strangely, errr, hot, as people used to say :fisch:

That's what I wanted to say :naughty:

Anyway, it was a very lovely message from him :wub2: Thanks god he remembered that not everyone understands French and Italian :teehee:

If he'd spoken French or Italian in the video, just one word, then I wouldn't know what I would do. At least not leave a nice comment...

But now he just talked english, and I'm really looking forward to the vlogs and videos :biggrin2:

It's a well known English saying. "Keep your eyes peeled." I never thought anything gross about it, till it was pointed out.

The, "break your leg," is strange because it's usually said to someone going on the stage. I'd never say it to Mika though, because knowing our One Foot Boy as we do, he probably WOULD break a leg!!

THANK YOU MIKA - for updating your fans like this !!! :wub2:

It really means a lot to be given this info, by yourself, this way -

you are sooo good to your fans !!! :huglove:

No wonder we all love you THAT MUCH ....

Love,love

mb

that accent....he's so calm!

i absolutley can't wait for this album! My dad says to pre-order it...that's an idea:naughty: haha well, Mika, you've come a long way! thank you for your time and share and I hope your performances go well!

LOVE FROM LOUISIANA!

WE ALL LOVE YOU!

• 1 month later...