[YOUTUBE]1smK7HkFaOY[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by mari62

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh it is so difficult to read real posts among all these huge photos now :aah:

I like this year's variant much more! It sounds smoother, more homogenious. I don't have a feeling anymore, that it's an awkward song made from different snatches.

:thumb_yello:

I agree. It sounds effortless now.

An Audio Interview by RCN http://www.radiochalomnitsan.com/'>http://www.radiochalomnitsan.com/

[YOUTUBE]O2QFtdfRjxY[/YOUTUBE]

Translation by Sixtinement Thnaks a lot for uploading & transration !! :flowers2:

Interview de MIKA sur la Radio Chalom Nitsan lors de son passage à Nice au festival CrazyWeek le 17/07/2012. Merci à http://www.radiochalomnitsan.com

Translation :

Journalist : It seems for 2012 so for the CrazyWeek there is a change of your musicians. Why this change ?

Mika : During 5 years and a half I had the same musicians suddendly I've changed because I wanted a new energy I wanted the challenge to reinterpret things as we don't do the same things again and again. Tonight it's our fourth gig together After nearly six years of touring with the same band 4 gigs it's not much so I take all the opportunities to rehearse the most as possible.

J : The gigs of this summer it's also for testing new songs?

M : Of course. Yeah it's for testing the news songs and to warm up. When I'm in the studio I forget a little how to be on stage and it's a person very very diferent so there is still this transition a bit strange when I come back on stage. I become an another and I have to pick up an another form and now I'm in the transition.

J : And how is it with your french audience ?

M : It goes very well, I'm very lucky . I was saying before I have always a stage fright before doing a gig in France or in UK because it's my two countries of childhood so I really want it works. It's very important for me. And it's a pleasure.

J :There is a novelty on your next album there are french songs can you talk about it ?

M : There are 4 songs in french; there is "Karen" , there is "l'amour dans le mauvais temps" there is "elle me dit" and also a song called " un soleil (*mal luné/venu? I don't understand this part*) " and maybe an another but I'm not sure right now.

J : We say that this album is very diferent how did you manage to find all this inspiration years after years ?

M : It's been a long time I want to sing songs in french but as I speak french pretty good but not fluently it's very hard to write in french so I've waited and I've met a friend called Doriand who is an artist and a writer. Finally I reflected that's the person.

J : How did you manage to make your music powerful, lively ?

M : I've realized the mellody and the joy in the music is the power it gives power. If we take the joy and the mellody which is sticky, we mix up with something serious, depressing or sad or dayly/ We mix all together and it become something very powerful.

J : It's before the lyrics and next the melody ?

M : What is funny is not necessarily the lyrics or the melody. It's both at the same time. Even in french when I work with Doriand often the concept was born at the same time at the melody. We begin like this.

J : What are your artistic influences ?

M : Artistically for this album there was a few influences it was really a period for me where the pop was pretty perfect. The period of Fleetwood Mac, of the Bee Gees... things like that...it was pop who came from life of an artist. In Fleetwood Mac we hear the artist, in the Bee Gees we hear the artists it's music who come from their life; from their heart. And also an artist like Beck for exemple, he has the same thing or someone like Elton John in the seventies. For me it's a golden period of pop. And also during this period they begin to test with electronic music so for me there are a few songs which have a side more electronic but I dind't want to make an album completely eletronic.

Here's a thread about the interview :wink2:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27051

An Audio Interview by RCN http://www.radiochalomnitsan.com/'>http://www.radiochalomnitsan.com/

[YOUTUBE]O2QFtdfRjxY[/YOUTUBE]

Translation by Sixtinement Thnaks a lot for uploading & transration !! :flowers2:

Interview de MIKA sur la Radio Chalom Nitsan lors de son passage à Nice au festival CrazyWeek le 17/07/2012. Merci à http://www.radiochalomnitsan.com

Translation :

Journalist : It seems for 2012 so for the CrazyWeek there is a change of your musicians. Why this change ?

Mika : During 5 years and a half I had the same musicians suddendly I've changed because I wanted a new energy I wanted the challenge to reinterpret things as we don't do the same things again and again. Tonight it's our fourth gig together After nearly six years of touring with the same band 4 gigs it's not much so I take all the opportunities to rehearse the most as possible.

J : The gigs of this summer it's also for testing new songs?

M : Of course. Yeah it's for testing the news songs and to warm up. When I'm in the studio I forget a little how to be on stage and it's a person very very diferent so there is still this transition a bit strange when I come back on stage. I become an another and I have to pick up an another form and now I'm in the transition.

J : And how is it with your french audience ?

M : It goes very well, I'm very lucky . I was saying before I have always a stage fright before doing a gig in France or in UK because it's my two countries of childhood so I really want it works. It's very important for me. And it's a pleasure.

J :There is a novelty on your next album there are french songs can you talk about it ?

M : There are 4 songs in french; there is "Karen" , there is "l'amour dans le mauvais temps" there is "elle me dit" and also a song called " un soleil (*mal luné/venu? I don't understand this part*) " and maybe an another but I'm not sure right now.

J : We say that this album is very diferent how did you manage to find all this inspiration years after years ?

M : It's been a long time I want to sing songs in french but as I speak french pretty good but not fluently it's very hard to write in french so I've waited and I've met a friend called Doriand who is an artist and a writer. Finally I reflected that's the person.

J : How did you manage to make your music powerful, lively ?

M : I've realized the mellody and the joy in the music is the power it gives power. If we take the joy and the mellody which is sticky, we mix up with something serious, depressing or sad or dayly/ We mix all together and it become something very powerful.

J : It's before the lyrics and next the melody ?

M : What is funny is not necessarily the lyrics or the melody. It's both at the same time. Even in french when I work with Doriand often the concept was born at the same time at the melody. We begin like this.

J : What are your artistic influences ?

M : Artistically for this album there was a few influences it was really a period for me where the pop was pretty perfect. The period of Fleetwood Mac, of the Bee Gees... things like that...it was pop who came from life of an artist. In Fleetwood Mac we hear the artist, in the Bee Gees we hear the artists it's music who come from their life; from their heart. And also an artist like Beck for exemple, he has the same thing or someone like Elton John in the seventies. For me it's a golden period of pop. And also during this period they begin to test with electronic music so for me there are a few songs which have a side more electronic but I dind't want to make an album completely eletronic.

I guess I need to write my report before I start catching up on all the videos, threads etc I havent seen these past few days that I've been in France. First thing I want to say is that both Nice and Vienne have definitely become my most favorite gigs so far! They've been beyond amazing and all the new songs sound even more brilliant live:wub2:

The performance of Underwater was sooo beautiful!! I was so much looking forward to hearing this song live ever since I first watched the video of its premiere in Seoul last year. It really is the type of song that gives you goosebumps when you listen to it live kinda like Over My Shoulder.

Lola sounded also 100% brilliant!!! After this performance in Nice I love this song even more. Celebrate was fantastic as well!! You just cant help but sing along to it. It radiates such a positive, optimistic and happy feeling especially when he sings I'm cooooming home, thats my favorite part of the song!

and what can I say about the Origin of Love other than :wub2::wub2: I adore this song

Also the old songs sound so fresh! Loved the intro to Blue Eyes and the new version of Lollipop. Starting the gig with Big Girl was also a great idea too! The performances of Rain and Happy Ending were definitely some of the best we've heard so far, they were sung with such emotion and heart. The last part of Love Today when he has 'killed' the band and leaves the bassist to sing on his own is so funny. Wish someone has that on video.

Hearing Karen again was a fantastic surprise too, I had missed hearing it live so much!!! The reaction that Elle me Dit got from the audience was phenomenal! It's such a powerful and amazing moment when everyone sings pourquoi tu gaches ta vie as loud and as enthusiastically as they can.

One more thing that I have to say is that I was very very happy to see Mika play the piano again!!!

About the m&g I think it's really kind of him to come and meet the fans even though he must have been really tired! I had printed the origin of love illustration that he posted on twitter a few days ago and got it signed. I'm very grateful for that!!

I finally got home and I wanna say that the gig from Nice was nice,but not brilliant like the one from Vigevano,IMO.He was not in "that" mood,dunno why :dunno: I got front row and the stage was so close to us,you could even see the hair from his nose :mf_rosetinted: The best part for me was the soundcheck before the gig :wub2: I have vids,I'll try to upload later.And the m&g,since it was the first time for me seeing him out of stage. I swore before the gig I won't take any pics of him wearing that hat so.....

from the soundcheck:

20120717_172343.jpg

20120717_174207.jpg

20120717_163805.jpg

from the performance:

20120717_222603.jpg

20120717_222552.jpg