MIKA @ The Vic, Chicago 18 October 2012

dcdeb

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pandora I was trying to answer you last night but MFC just wouldn't take my post. :aah:

When Mika came out to see us inside the theatre in Seattle it wasn't a typical situation. It's something one of the MFC admins arranged with Team Mika before the show. The reason he took the group shot with us instead of us filing past like the rest of the fans is because MFCers had the chance to get individual photos with him in Oakland 2 nights before. Also he was pretty wrecked on painkillers which is why he came and sat down I think :naughty:

Anyway you're right that he does go out of his way to make time for fans, I think especially in the US. These shows are going to be special because he hasn't been back in so long.

Chimacuito there are never any guarantees but if he does come out, just stick with the other fans and I'm sure you'll get to see him. :wink2:

Good information ! Very nice of you to do that. Sometimes fans can be selfish and not share but you are the opposite :)

Officially going to cry and sob myself to sleep at night until October now... This is so not happening.

As soon as my dad clicked to get the tickets, the icon switched to SOLD OUT.....

We need to petition Mika for a 2nd Chicago show.. for my own sake...

Hey! I just posted this in the extra tickets thread, but figure I'll let you know directly, I have 2 spare tickets for The Vic! They were bought during the presale so we only got the order confirmation and can't get the physical tickets until the day of the show directly from the venue. But PM me if you're still interested and maybe there will be hope for you yet! :)

Hey! I just posted this in the extra tickets thread, but figure I'll let you know directly, I have 2 spare tickets for The Vic! They were bought during the presale so we only got the order confirmation and can't get the physical tickets until the day of the show directly from the venue. But PM me if you're still interested and maybe there will be hope for you yet! :)

oop just kidding! I see you're RSVP'd as a yes, so I guess you were able to get tickets! =D

Just found this on tumblr:

NEW TOUR DATES ANNOUNCED WITH MIKA!

GUESS WHAT?!?! THE DOLLS WILL BE SUPPORTING MIKA ON HIS UPCOMING US TOUR!*

10/15 NYC - WEBSTER HALL

10/16 NYC - WEBSTER HALL

10/18 CHICAGO - VIC THEATER

10/21 LOS ANGELES - HENRY FONDA THEATER

10/22*LOS ANGELES - HENRY FONDA THEATER

TICKETS ARE ALMOST ALL SOLD OUT, SO GET TO IT!!! THIS IS ONE TRIBAL DANCE PARTY YOU ARE NOT GOING TO WANT TO MISS.*

Anyone knows who are The Dolls? Or what they will do at the shows? :blink:

Got it from here http://hookedonthedolls.com/

What time do you all think you are going to be at the VIC? We want to try and get there early. Even though we live in IL it's about close to a 4 hour drive which isn't too bad. If we are some of the first in line we can save a couple spots. I know not many people on here are RVSP'd so I wish we could all be in front and all together (in a perfect world) :teehee:

Meyer Twins

What time do you all think you are going to be at the VIC? We want to try and get there early. Even though we live in IL it's about close to a 4 hour drive which isn't too bad. If we are some of the first in line we can save a couple spots. I know not many people on here are RVSP'd so I wish we could all be in front and all together (in a perfect world) :teehee:

If it was just me, I would be there super early but my husband is coming with me so I think the earliest I could get there would be 6. I think the doors open at 6:30 and I don't know how early I can drag him there. :) It would be awesome if we could save places for other MFCers and be able to stand in front of the stage all together. I just figured I would see what happens when I get there. If I end up in the balcony, that will be alright as well. If we get there and you still have some spots saved, I would gladly stand in line with you guys. But if it doesn't work out, that's alright. I'm just happy to see MIKA again after three long years!

Meyer Twins

I was wondering the same, i will try to arrive as early as possible, my flight arrives at 9 am so i hope to be there around 11. Yes! It would be amazing if we can be together its just 15 of us :) if i arrive before any of you i will be able to save some spots for sure :wink2:

If I don't get there until 6, would it be possible for you guys to still try to save a spot for me? I know that might not seem fair to the people behind us so if this doesn't seem right, I understand. But I would so love to be in front of the stage with other MFCers! :)

Hi guys I see there is some talk about saving spots for other MFCers but this is generally very bad etiquette especially later in the day. I mean if someone gets to the queue at 3 pm and one of their friends turns up at 4 pm people are probably not going to care, but if there are people who have been there all day long and suddenly are pushed back by people who turn up right before the doors open it's not going to go over well.

We had a situation in NY on Monday where we were not given physical tickets and had to enter with the person who bought during the presale as all the "tickets" were just places under the purchaser's name. This meant that some people who arrived later had to enter with people at the head of the queue since it could not be helped. But it's really not fair to the others and yesterday when everyone had tickets in their hands people entered in the order they arrived.

Anyway I hope everyone can be together inside and you find sometimes this all works out in the end but I don't think it's a good idea for MFCers to be planning to hold spots that way. There will be other hard core fans there and if they want to queue from earlier in the day then they deserve a place in line without getting bumped back.

Just a general FYI the queues in NYC were not forming until at least around noon and most people were not turning up until much later like 4 pm. I know you've probably heard a lot of queuing horror stories in Europe and even some of the earlier NY gigs but the dyanmic has changed here so please don't panic about getting there at some ridiculous early morning hour to get a front row spot. It's not necessary.

Hi guys I see there is some talk about saving spots for other MFCers but this is generally very bad etiquette especially later in the day. I mean if someone gets to the queue at 3 pm and one of their friends turns up at 4 pm people are probably not going to care, but if there are people who have been there all day long and suddenly are pushed back by people who turn up right before the doors open it's not going to go over well.

We had a situation in NY on Monday where we were not given physical tickets and had to enter with the person who bought during the presale as all the "tickets" were just places under the purchaser's name. This meant that some people who arrived later had to enter with people at the head of the queue since it could not be helped. But it's really not fair to the others and yesterday when everyone had tickets in their hands people entered in the order they arrived.

Anyway I hope everyone can be together inside and you find sometimes this all works out in the end but I don't think it's a good idea for MFCers to be planning to hold spots that way. There will be other hard core fans there and if they want to queue from earlier in the day then they deserve a place in line without getting bumped back.

Just a general FYI the queues in NYC were not forming until at least around noon and most people were not turning up until much later like 4 pm. I know you've probably heard a lot of queuing horror stories in Europe and even some of the earlier NY gigs but the dyanmic has changed here so please don't panic about getting there at some ridiculous early morning hour to get a front row spot. It's not necessary.

Thank you for the advice christine! Youre right its actually not fair for other people who queue from earlier and then someone comes to take their places, ive got to be there as early as my flight arrives maybe around 12 because i dont have an hotel or other place to go, thought about touring around chicago but its a big deal going back after to the venue :teehee:

Yes, thank you Christine for the advice. You're right, it isn't fair to save spots. It would upset me if I was standing behind someone who saved a bunch of spots for friends. I will probably be able to find you guys after the show since I'm not going to make it there very early beforehand. I'm so excited and it sounds like the NYC shows were awesome!

I got news today from TEAM Mika that I will be participating as part of Mika's Polkadot choir tomorrow night! I can't even begin to tell you how happy that makes me. What a once in a lifetime experience! Can't wait to see you all in less than 24 hours!!

I got news today from TEAM Mika that I will be participating as part of Mika's Polkadot choir tomorrow night! I can't even begin to tell you how happy that makes me. What a once in a lifetime experience! Can't wait to see you all in less than 24 hours!!

We are so happy for you. Can't wait to meet everybody again! See ya all there!

Meyer Twins

OH MY WORD!!! I am so excited for you! I can't wait to see you up on that stage! :clap:

Oh you are going to have the time of your life. All the singers in NYC were so wonderful. It's such a great addition to the show and Mika treated them like his own players. I spoke to one of the guys after the first show and he had a grin a mile wide that would not stop.

Can't wait to see you up there! Is your real name Kasia? He will probably introduce everyone.

Have fun tonight! I hope Chicago gives him a warm welcome. There must be some record companies/radio stations or something, otherwise, why Chicago? Tour bus driving xcountry and a good place to stop?

Have fun Leonita!!! Do you happen to know if the woman who did the scrapbook is going? I can't remember her name. That concert was so fun. He had split his pants on stage a few nights before. I got to help big the Big Girls for the show, which made for some very happy women in line. I'm still waiting on my CD. When did you order yours?

EEEEE!!!!!!!

just got the CD delivered!

can't wait for show tonight...now I am tempted to stay afterward & see if I can ask him to sign it..

it will be an awesome show tonight no matter what!

Have fun hun. It's about time you saw him again :wub2: