Mika on Le Grand Journal, Canal+ (17/09/2012)

Lucrezia

Question: teach me how to hold a very very high note.

Mika:Like this: aaahhh

Q:the thing you should never ever say to a lebanese mom.

M: i wanna marry your son.

Q:Flashback of Relax: to sing or remix here.

M:*sings Relax*

Q:The cartoon song of your childhood.

M:It was the ad: Gilette the best a man can get!

Q:this chair is a stage, show us how to jump into the crowd.

M: two three!*jumps*

Thanks a lot for the translation !! :huglove:

Is this song Mika talks about ? :blink:

[YOUTUBE]mgzHu3pxgG8[/YOUTUBE]

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Question: teach me how to hold a very very high note.

Mika:Like this: aaahhh

Q:the thing you should never ever say to a lebanese mom.

M: i wanna marry your son.

Q:Flashback of Relax: to sing or remix here.

M:*sings Relax*

Q:The cartoon song of your childhood.

M:It was the ad: Gilette the best a man can get!

Q:this chair is a stage, show us how to jump into the crowd.

M: two three!*jumps*

Thanks Rox :huglove:

I didn't know where to post this article, I don't think it needs its own thread but I find it interesting. They were with Mika right after Le Grand Journal that's why I chose to post it here, please move it if it's better somewhere else :wink2:

http://www.lepoint.fr/musique/mika-a-califourchon-20-09-2012-1508282_38.php

Translation

In his dressing room, one of his assistants is busy putting in a big trunk all the cosmetics needed for a TV show. He just arrives from the set of 'Le Grand Journal'. Worried about his performance. About his hearing problems. 'I miss 60% of my hearing in the right ear. French interviews are really hard when it's noisy. I don't always understand the questions very well, especially if people don't articulate.'

But Mika is not long to collect his senses. Lanky silhouette and crazy charisma. No flamboyance or affectation in his attitude. We are very far from the boy jumping on stage like a kangaroo having ecstasy. Sometimes, he shows an obvious need to be reassured ('I speak like an idiot right now, don't you think?'). Of course, his personality is much more complex than the image he gives. Obsessive, demanding and perfectionist, regularly in reconsideration, torn by love. Not always easy to follow him in his adventures. 'It's not easy everyday to work with me' he admits. No ego with him, but an unrestrained desire of discovery. To be understood as : he's not in automatic pilot position. 'I'm in between commercial and the desire to go somewhere else. It's a roller coaster. It allows me to be a true musician, to realise that music is not always easy.'

3 years of shortage between this delivery - The Origin of Love - and the previous one - The Boy Who Knew Too Much. The only thing we could get was the single 'Elle Me Dit', released beforehand and nominated as Best song at the Victoires de la Musique. No inspiration? Writer's block? 'For a year and a half, I couldn't write a song. Everytime I was sitting at the piano, I was thinking about people's verdict about the song before it even existed. It was quite destructive.'

In the meantime there has also been a family tragedy. At the end of 2010, his sister fell from the 3rd floor of her flat. She became impaled on railings which pierced her abdomen and legs. Critical status. A trauma for Mika who saw the tragedy with his own eyes. However this accident will be the album starting point. 'Paradoxically, it led me to a period of creativity. I realised I could lose everything. You don't think about yourself anymore when you're next to someone dying stupidly. It's strange that this extremely joyful album came from a tragic event.'

Less bubble-gum songs than in the past and a familiarized musical seduction. Several listenings are necessary to dig out all the subtleties of this album made as a diary. This doesn't prevent it from having effective hits (Origin of Love, Make You Happy, Overrated) and layered gargantuan melodies. So as to remind us that the boy is not in order, but in a mess. With him, fever and party never stop going crazy. Flexible, quivering, high pitched, his voice occupies space. It's even playing up in the clouds on the striking 'Underwater' and dream-like 'Heroes'. In the middle of this imaginary world, an unidentified song 'Love You When I'm Drunk'. Strange conception of love. 'Uninhibited, we don't have all our faculties. Didn't it happen to you, after being sober again, to hate somebody? I've experienced this. And it's better to run away very quickly' he says in a big laugh.

Boys or girls? The mystery is over. The Lebanese singer, who claimed being bisexual for a long time, has come out this Summer in an American magazine. Needless to say that this confession takes a lot of space in the promotion. 'I was the one to choose the moment. Fear had nothing to do with this choice. I'm not saying I wasn't nervous when the time came. In a way, musically, it's not very important. But it's different as a person.' Constantly bombarded with questions on this topic, always evasive in his answers, Mika is freed from a weight. 'I've never felt this gay pressure in France. But in the US or in the UK, a part of the press was obsessed with it. Here, there is more tolerance with my attitude and the freedom I gave to myself.' For many, it was nobody's secret. How could it be any different for a boy whose mother fantasy proved to be Fanny Ardant?

Thank you camille!

In his dressing room, one of his assistants is busy putting in a big trunk all the cosmetics needed for a TV show. He just arrives from the set of 'Le Grand Journal'. Worried about his performance. About his hearing problems. 'I miss 60% of my hearing in the right ear. French interviews are really hard when it's noisy. I don't always understand the questions very well, especially if people don't articulate.'

I felt so sorry for him, sitting there, obviously realizing they were pulling his leg, but not understanding a word... at the same time it was quite funny :teehee: