MIKA @ The Fonda, Los Angeles 21 October 2012 -- REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS

dcdeb

I know this is classified as "chit-chat" but since no one is really reporting yet, I'll risk it. :wink2:

I just wanted to say that these videos represent one of my very very very favorite MFC moments. Sivan's scrapbook was the first project I was involved with, and Mika's reaction to receiving it was priceless -- I absolutely love watching these again and again. :wub2: Thanks for posting them, Robi!

that's why I posted it...we need to dive into our mikalove from time to time :wub2:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucy, what did your sister say about the show?? Is she singing again with him tonight??

So glad you got to go.

She said it was crazy!! After their rehearsal they all came and told us all that happened. They rehearsed everything but then Mika came in and changed everything! Haha and that they like did nothing they were supposed to during the show but she said it was great.

She is singing tonight too. AND SO AM I!!!!!!!!

Because Tim is amazing. But I didn't do rehearsals so he just wants my sister to teach my everything. Ahhh.

Oh and after the show when they were getting offstage, Tim came up and yelled at me "tomorrow?!?!?" pointing down at the stage and I was like "hell yeahhhhhh!!!!!"

This is why I'm on here right now and not queuing like crazy like yesteday!

he did have a beaded hat in Chicago because I got to wear it! But when we saw his bags backstage, Yasmine was asking him which hats he wanted with him so he has more than a couple. :)

You will have the BEST time singing! Tim's the best teacher! The whole band working with us is amazing!

Edited by kasia87

The show was FANTASTIC!! The Fonda Theatre is really small, but super gorgeous!! I took my best friend for her birthday (and her first concert in general!) and she had a blast!! As did I, of course.

I have a few pictures and a Love Today video. I'll post them right after school.

Also, the crowd outside was big and they kept pushing. I tried to have my friend meet Mika more than I wanted for myself, but she was pushed away by some fans :( I was right in front of Mika and my face was being pushed against his elbow. I tried getting out 'cause I didn't have anything for him to sign and he wasn't allowed to take pictures...besides that the show was suuuuuper fun!! :aah:

Oh and after the show when they were getting offstage, Tim came up and yelled at me "tomorrow?!?!?" pointing down at the stage and I was like "hell yeahhhhhh!!!!!"

This is why I'm on here right now and not queuing like crazy like yesteday!

Congratulations!! Can't wait to hear first hand reports.

I know this is classified as "chit-chat" but since no one is really reporting yet, I'll risk it. :wink2:

I just wanted to say that these videos represent one of my very very very favorite MFC moments. Sivan's scrapbook was the first project I was involved with, and Mika's reaction to receiving it was priceless -- I absolutely love watching these again and again. :wub2: Thanks for posting them, Robi!

Awww yeah that was a great moment for us all :)

first time meeting Mika etc :) Would be lovely to meet him today. Hopefully... cause who knows when we will see him again...

Now that my day is kind of winding down, I shall write a proper report (instead of studying for chemistry like I should :aah:)

For queueing, we (me and my friend) got there around 1, and there were already about 15-20 people in line. I was kind of worried (Ok, very worried) that maybe we wouldn't be front row...but it worked out. :) While in line we met some very lovely people that were ahead of and behind us. Then Sivan showed up as well as Donia (I hope I spelled your name right). After a day of waiting and playing cards and getting food and walking around Hollywood, they finally let us in promptly at 8.

The Fonda reminded me a lot of the Fox theater where I last saw Mika in Oakland. I think the Fonda was a bit smaller though. Pretty intimate and cozy. After about an hour, The Dolls came on and they were really good! I love how the violinist got so into the songs. I only wish they would play some original music instead of music from other artists, though.

Then soon after The Dolls came MIKAAA! He hopped on stage, started singing Relax, and all of my aches and pains from standing so long just disappeared. :lol3: It was just so so great to see him again. I had a blast. He sounded great the whole night. I honestly don't think I have ever seen him so incredibly energetic. That guy never stopped moving, he was hopping all over the place!

And during Blue Eyes, I could have sworn he did a double take at the familiar MFC faces in the front row and grinned at us. That was really cool. :wub2: I'll admit I never really got much eye contact from him in other shows. If I ever thought he did, I'd think "No, he was probably looking at the person next to me." But for this show I can confidently say there was plenty of eye contact there. Especially during Stardust for some reason. There were several instances when there were about 3-4 straight seconds of him looking my way and singing. It was great. :freak:

Afterwards, we didn't get a chance to meet him. We waited outside along with everyone else, but when he came everyone crowded around him and we just kind of stood back and waited for a turn. He signed a few things here and there then suddenly he said, "Good night, guys.", hopped in the car and took off. Hahaha. It would have been nice to meet with him, but by no means were we entitled. Like always, it was nice of him to even show up and sign the autographs that he did. Maybe next time!

I really hope he had a good time with us last night. It's been so long and I don't want him to stay away for years again...He hasn't tweeted anything about last night's show so I don't know what he's thinking...Anyway, I completely enjoyed myself and I can't wait to experience that again.

WHEW!

Edited by daydreambeliever

daydreambeliever... you are not going to the gig tonight?

No, I'm not, and I'm kind of bummed about it. :huh:

I had a ticket available and everything, but there were some issues with transportation and things like that. All in all, I wouldn't have been able to make it tonight.

I'm really thankful I was able to go the first night, though. And I know everyone tonight's going to have a blast! Wish I could see Lucy in the choir, and I hope they get the chance to actually meet Mika tonight afterwards!

No, I'm not, and I'm kind of bummed about it. :huh:

I had a ticket available and everything, but there were some issues with transportation and things like that. All in all, I wouldn't have been able to make it tonight.

I'm really thankful I was able to go the first night, though. And I know everyone tonight's going to have a blast! Wish I could see Lucy in the choir, and I hope they get the chance to actually meet Mika tonight afterwards!

aww :huglove: i can imagine how you feel... but at least we know he will be back soon for a proper tour :yay:

• 2 months later...