Happy Valentine's Day from MIKA! NORTH AMERICAN TOUR DATES!

dcdeb

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so we also know about Boston, Chicago and LA. Any more?

I´m watching this StubHub side, it´s ridiculous to see over 200 tickets for one gig there but people seem to buy them.

As well :

New York,

Washington DC,

Brooklyn,

Montreal,

Toronto and

Quebec

… you blink, you lose

REF:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3880198&postcount=22

Edited by A. Clay

As well :

New York,

Washington DC,

Brooklyn,

Montreal,

Toronto and

Quebec

… you blink, you lose

REF:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3880198&postcount=22

There's no gig at Quebec city. :teehee: I think Montreal and Quebec is actually the same gig, someone is confused. :aah: Montreal is IN the province of Quebec... but there's also a city named Quebec.

I´m watching this StubHub side, it´s ridiculous to see over 200 tickets for one gig there but people seem to buy them.

I guess we'll see if they buy them. In NYC last time there were still tickets left and you could get them at the venue for face value or less because they were desperate to sell.

There is another ticket site with an additional 70 tickets for Brooklyn. So at least 40% of the tickets for this gig were bought by scalpers to be resold. They can only artificially inflate these ticket prices so much before people won't buy them. If Mika could get $100 for every ticket then he'd charge $100 for every ticket. That's why Madonna tickets are $400 even if you buy them from Ticketmaster.

I guess with them controlling 40% of the supply they can up the price a bit but I think plenty of people will refuse to pay it or it won't even occur to them to source the tickets elsewhere. I've seen lots of fans just saying they are sorry they won't see him on this tour and they are disappointed that the tickets are sold out. I have never let a sold out concert stop me because there are always tickets somewhere but many people think if they can't get them at Ticketmaster they are out of luck.

There's no gig at Quebec city. :teehee: I think Montreal and Quebec is actually the same gig, someone is confused. :aah: Montreal is IN the province of Quebec... but there's also a city named Quebec.

OK, thanx for the clarity!

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27848

--Geographically challenged :(

Edited by A. Clay

so we also know about Boston, Chicago and LA. Any more?

I read somewhere (can't remember if it was FB or Twitter or here) that San Francisco is sold out as well. :)

I've seen lots of fans just saying they are sorry they won't see him on this tour and they are disappointed that the tickets are sold out. I have never let a sold out concert stop me because there are always tickets somewhere but many people think if they can't get them at Ticketmaster they are out of luck.

Yes, I've seen so many people on Twitter saying, "oh well," and giving up, or else moaning at Mika that he should add more tickets, or play at bigger venues. I'm surprised they're not looking elsewhere for tickets. I've suggested to a few of them to swing by the MFC's extra ticket thread -- at least I'm fairly sure that MFCer's won't gouge other fans, price-wise. :wink2:

I guess we'll see if they buy them. In NYC last time there were still tickets left and you could get them at the venue for face value or less because they were desperate to sell.

There is another ticket site with an additional 70 tickets for Brooklyn. So at least 40% of the tickets for this gig were bought by scalpers to be resold. They can only artificially inflate these ticket prices so much before people won't buy them. If Mika could get $100 for every ticket then he'd charge $100 for every ticket. That's why Madonna tickets are $400 even if you buy them from Ticketmaster.

I guess with them controlling 40% of the supply they can up the price a bit but I think plenty of people will refuse to pay it or it won't even occur to them to source the tickets elsewhere. I've seen lots of fans just saying they are sorry they won't see him on this tour and they are disappointed that the tickets are sold out. I have never let a sold out concert stop me because there are always tickets somewhere but many people think if they can't get them at Ticketmaster they are out of luck.

I usually check at the venue, to see if they have tickets available, if the main agent has sold out. 9 times out of 10 I've been lucky in that respect.

I read somewhere (can't remember if it was FB or Twitter or here) that San Francisco is sold out as well. :)

Yes, I've seen so many people on Twitter saying, "oh well," and giving up, or else moaning at Mika that he should add more tickets, or play at bigger venues. I'm surprised they're not looking elsewhere for tickets. I've suggested to a few of them to swing by the MFC's extra ticket thread -- at least I'm fairly sure that MFCer's won't gouge other fans, price-wise. :wink2:

Aren´t there restrictions on those regular ticket sides to buy only a special amount of tickets per person? I´m really sorry for the people who could have got tickets if all those tickets wouldn´t be purchased by skalpers.

So now we know NY Poison Rouge, Brooklyn, Washington DC, Boston, LA, Minneapolis, Montreal, Toronto, Portland, San Franzisco, Chicago.

Aren´t there restrictions on those regular ticket sides to buy only a special amount of tickets per person? I´m really sorry for the people who could have got tickets if all those tickets wouldn´t be purchased by skalpers.

Nothing they can enforce really. If you have different Ticketmaster accounts and different credit cards there is no reason you couldn't buy many tickets simultaneously. Once you put the tickets in the basket you're given several minutes to go through each phase of the purchase process. Most of it is automated anyway and your credit card info, address, etc. is already entered before you buy tickets so you can make purchases very quickly.

I bought Brooklyn and Philadelphia tickets at the same time. When I moved on to Toronto there were no tickets left but I kept trying and trying and eventually one came up because people lose them from their basket if they don't make a purchase in time and it goes back into the pool.

When I'm buying for a seated gig I usually have several browsers open and will search for tickets several times before I decide which ones I'm going to buy. You never know when someone who has good seats in their basket is going to lose them and you can grab them. I think a lot of people don't know this/don't think about it and if they can't get tickets they just give up.

Nothing they can enforce really. If you have different Ticketmaster accounts and different credit cards there is no reason you couldn't buy many tickets simultaneously. Once you put the tickets in the basket you're given several minutes to go through each phase of the purchase process. Most of it is automated anyway and your credit card info, address, etc. is already entered before you buy tickets so you can make purchases very quickly.

I bought Brooklyn and Philadelphia tickets at the same time. When I moved on to Toronto there were no tickets left but I kept trying and trying and eventually one came up because people lose them from their basket if they don't make a purchase in time and it goes back into the pool.

When I'm buying for a seated gig I usually have several browsers open and will search for tickets several times before I decide which ones I'm going to buy. You never know when someone who has good seats in their basket is going to lose them and you can grab them. I think a lot of people don't know this/don't think about it and if they can't get tickets they just give up.

thanks for your expanation, there wasn´t the need to hurry for all the tickets I bought until now.

thanks for your expanation, there wasn´t the need to hurry for all the tickets I bought until now.

The last Michael Bublé concert I went to you had to show ID to use your ticket. So you couldn't resell them. Puts an end to all this nonsense.

There's always the chance they will upgrade the venue and sell more tickets. It happens all the time.

May be the first of many?

Facebook:

Great News! Due to popular demand, we have upgraded the venue in Salt Lake City from "Club Sound" to "In The Venue", which means there will be 1000 extra tickets on sale! The link to get them is the same, here it is again! http://tinyurl.com/avachet Dont forget to let us know which shows you're going to by clicking 'attending' on the events page http://on.fb.me/MikaEvents, or if you can't be there in person, to tell us you'll be there in spirit! Stay tuned for more dates coming soon...

The last Michael Bublé concert I went to you had to show ID to use your ticket. So you couldn't resell them. Puts an end to all this nonsense.

It's such a simple step isn't it and would make the whole thing a lot fairer.

Once you put the tickets in the basket you're given several minutes to go through each phase of the purchase process. Most of it is automated anyway and your credit card info, address, etc. is already entered before you buy tickets so you can make purchases very quickly.

When I was having a nightmare trying to get Robbie Williams tickets I think I ended up with about 19 pages open in the end because they all connected simultaneously:doh:

I just found out (really just found out that Mika is still touring and what not) and its sold out, for the denver show, already. I'm hoping to still find (or win) tickets. If anyone in the Denver area, has any extras. I'm looking but only willing to pay face value. Thanks! :)

• 4 weeks later...