dcdeb

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I am counting the days to the 13th! I haven't seen MIKA since October (NYC).

So glad he will finally be in town, but concerned about the venue. In reading the reviews, it seems they habitually kick fans out the minute the show ends, so they can set up for the evening "night club" version of the venue. I read that the bouncers are rude and aggressive.

How will we get to see him after the show? Will we need to wait outside for him?

Does anyone have a better plan? Help!

Hello,

So glad he will finally be in town, but concerned about the venue. In reading the reviews, it seems they habitually kick fans out the minute the show ends, so they can set up for the evening "night club" version of the venue. I read that the bouncers are rude and aggressive.

How will we get to see him after the show? Will we need to wait outside for him?

I don't know anything about this venue but it is normal for Mika to greet fans outside unless you have a private M&G arranged. Didn't you see him outside in NYC?

Hello,

Yeah, the venue does kind of push people out right after a gig. I'm sure if you hang around near the door after Mika will greet people there (that's probably what I'll be doing). There's not really a back alley or anything near the Royale, so that's probably the best bet (unless you spot the tour bus somewhere else haha).

Hello everyone ! I haven't been on this forum in ages... last time I saw Mika in concert was September 2009 in New York (Deb, I remember seeing you there!) But I am very excited to be going to the Boston gig on Saturday! See you all there, let me know if anyone is meeting up before or after! :)

-Rachel

I managed to get a ticket to the Boston show and am so so excited! I do have a question tho - I was reading some of the concert reviews and it seems like most people queued for hours before the concert. I don't have much experience queuing and am not sure if I'll be able to...how important do you think queuing is for your enjoyment of the show? And is anyone planning on queuing before the Boston show?

I managed to get a ticket to the Boston show and am so so excited! I do have a question tho - I was reading some of the concert reviews and it seems like most people queued for hours before the concert. I don't have much experience queuing and am not sure if I'll be able to...how important do you think queuing is for your enjoyment of the show? And is anyone planning on queuing before the Boston show?

It depends on you, how important it is for you to be near the front or in even in front row. For me it´s important to be as near at the stage as possible and I really enjoy queueing because I meet MFC ´ers there every time and I love to spend time with them and enjoy chatting with people who feel the same for a special popstar like me :teehee:.

Important is that you wear the right cloths because freezing is very bad. Are toiletts near? If not don´t drink too much but look that you will have to drink enough after the gig.

I´m sure you will meet lots of nice people :thumb_yello:

I'm not going to this one, but I saw some gigs in the US earlier this tour and noticed that people really don't much queue there. It's very different than in Europe indeed. Maybe a few hours in some cities (when a lot of fans going), but most times there was not much queue at six (and doors were opened at 7 PM). Enjoy the show!

Hello everyone ! I haven't been on this forum in ages... last time I saw Mika in concert was September 2009 in New York (Deb, I remember seeing you there!) But I am very excited to be going to the Boston gig on Saturday! See you all there, let me know if anyone is meeting up before or after! :)

-Rachel

I am in almost the same situation as Rachel's!!! Last MIKA show was 2009 (NYC, Philly)!! More than 3,5 years :no:without Mika's live magic and I couldn't wait any longer though I am living really far, far away now.

Hope to also see Dcdeb and other familiar faces too.:blush-anim-cl:

Anxiety mode on!! :aah:

I'm not going to this one, but I saw some gigs in the US earlier this tour and noticed that people really don't much queue there. It's very different than in Europe indeed. Maybe a few hours in some cities (when a lot of fans going), but most times there was not much queue at six (and doors were opened at 7 PM). Enjoy the show!

While at Montreal, the queue line was LONG at 6pm...