Cassilda

That's not bad actually. It sounds more Irish than Danish (not that I know what Danish music sounds like :lmfao:) The lyrics are a bit nonsensical but she has a distinctive voice and it's not cheesy pop.

Irish??.. C'mon lol .:lmfao:

Danish is better

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally watched some entries today. Personally I quite liked Cyprus and I kinda love Malta too. It's a very a cute song but it sounds awfully familiar. I love Greece as well, not joking here. I really love ska music so obviously I'm liking that influence. The lyrics are something else though... :fisch:

Random: Finland left me a bit puzzled :aah:

The song from denmark

[YOUTUBE]VL17Pdghdvo[/YOUTUBE]

Personally i dont like it very much.

So far this is one of my favorites of this year. I think I like her more than the song, she has something haunting, but even the song is good and not average like so many others of this year.

My personal favorite by far for now is Hungary:

[YOUTUBE]65q4sUq6XOk[/YOUTUBE]

It has such a lightness and is at the same time not monotonous and has a lot of playful soundeffects. And it's somehow hypnotic. And it's individual. And most of all it feels total honest and intimate to me.

And I love the pictures in the background :D

Hopefully it will reach the final!

It has such a lightness and is at the same time not monotonous and has a lot of playful soundeffects. And it's somehow hypnotic. And it's individual. And most of all it feels total honest and intimate to me.

It's a nice song. I like it too. Unfortunately, such individual songs are usually not the winning ones. I also like that he sings in hungarian. It's really great to hear different languages and it should be the point of such contest. To show the variety. But it's the oposite.

So far this is one of my favorites of this year. I think I like her more than the song, she has something haunting, but even the song is good and not average like so many others of this year.

Okay, now I've found my favourite too:thumb_yello: That backround is great and the song is cute (and yes I have to admit that the boys are cute too...:wink2:). I don't understand a word but it doesn't matter! I just hope that they make it to the final and I wouldn't mind if they won the whole thing:naughty:

Okay, now I've found my favourite too:thumb_yello: That backround is great and the song is cute (and yes I have to admit that the boys are cute too...:wink2:). I don't understand a word but it doesn't matter! I just hope that they make it to the final and I wouldn't mind if they won the whole thing:naughty:

:teehee: My thoughts, too. And I even understand the lyrics that are simple and repetitive at parts but poetic at the same time. It is actually good to have this confirmed that this song does not only work for the local audience (that was the jury's evaluation and he always only got voted in by the audience during the quarter- and semifinals), but a catchy tune as well. He can obliously not sng well but it does not matter. Neither can Bob Dylan. This song is honest vs all the totally fake ones we had. That's why it came across as really distinct. I liked it as soon as I heard it but there was some backlash on him winning this as many would have liked to see better singers represent us. As far as I am concerned, this guy represents me as he is true to himself and wrote a song I can actually listen to.

It's a nice song. I like it too. Unfortunately, such individual songs are usually not the winning ones. I also like that he sings in hungarian. It's really great to hear different languages and it should be the point of such contest. To show the variety. But it's the oposite.

Yes, it is totally the assumption that he has no chance with the song. But why would the 22,439th Beyonce copy get more chance? (the other strong contestant from my country). Let's see. At the same time, it shouldn't only be about chances but about songs that are loved in contries as it often tells a lot about culture and taste. I am not interested in Scandinavian and English songwriters writing songs for a local wannabe. I am interested in one's own thoughts, melodies and styles. So I also agree on the language aspect as well I can totally get why the Serbian entry won some years ago- I liked that song even though I don"t speak the language.

PS: I'll try to catch up with the rest of the songs over the weekend

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I don't think Belgium is going to get through either :naughty:

But as always, I'm very much looking forward to tonight. I love watching eurovision. :teehee:

:yay: Can't wait!!

I haven't even heard the belgian song yet! :aah:

And I'm curious to see Anouk from The Netherlands :wink2: