Cassilda

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you :thumb_yello:

I really like her, she seems very sweet. And I like the song, but for me it's more a "I like it but I don't think it's great and so will vote for it".

But it's miles better than Track****taz for sure :wink2:

The German Entry of this year:

0bjuThrMVI8

Beforehand I didn't like it, but her performance was very good to my mind, she convinced me with her voice. So now I can live with it. But she has to change her dress :teehee:

From the participants in the national final I loved the song of Ben Ivory:

_9ZMLsw8HUQ

But his performance wasn't that convincing.

But... but... but... THAT REALLY IS CASCADA!!!!! What the heck is she doing in the esc- she sang one of my favourite songs EVER! It's never been off my ipod and I play it as much as I play anything !!!! [edit- it's been on there for 6.5 years :blink: and apparently Cascada is a "them" so the music's Cascada too]

http://www.slack-time.com/music-video-727-Cascada-Everytime-We-Touch

Someone please tell me it's a different one, otherwise talk about the esc trashing a former star's reputation (I imagine she's now officially a has-been?) :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

Edited by Soaring Simpson

@DerMoment

Tbh, I think, everything is better than Track****taz :lmfao:

Well, I think, the Austrian entry is just a nice song, but (sorry to all not German speakers now) un"shine"bar :wink2: (unscheinbar means unimpressive :wink2:)

I only listened very short to Glorious, but I didn't really like it (maybe it was too short :dunno:)

(The Ben Ivory song I will listen later)

@Sosi

:itsok::dunno:

Someone please tell me it's a different one, otherwise talk about the esc trashing a former star's reputation (I imagine she's now officially a has-been?) :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

Why not look at it the other way: Established artists like Cascada increasing the reputation of the contest…

@Cassilda

Nice wordplay :naughty:

Well at least the winner is not coming from Finland, this is what we have in 2013:

(Youtube apparently doesn't like me today so just the link). Her name is Krista Siegfrid (never heard of her before) and the song is Marry me

:doh:Not really my type of music and it doesn't stand out in any way. But this just means that our losing-tradition continues (Lordi (2006) was the only exception...:wink2:)

Well at least the winner is not coming from Finland, this is what we have in 2013:

(Youtube apparently doesn't like me today so just the link). Her name is Krista Siegfrid (never heard of her before) and the song is Marry me

:doh:Not really my type of music and it doesn't stand out in any way. But this just means that our losing-tradition continues (Lordi (2006) was the only exception...:wink2:)

Never let it be said that people don't remember Lordi :thumb_yello:

It's not my kind of thing either. But Krista stands out all right- a teenage girl demanding to be married and a queen bee? Is this the 50s? (Feel free to insult the UK entry when we decide on one- unless it's Mika)

Edited by Soaring Simpson

Well, last year we already had a thread, so I think it's about time to get a new one :teehee:

Austria wants to try it's luck with this song:

[YOUTUBE]XKpqQplDVP0[/YOUTUBE]

I kinda like it. I hops she does well.

Ummmmmmm... Okay. That song sounds like the usual rubbish we hear on the radio in Oz. She's like the female version of Reece Mastin, who won X Factor not last year but the year before I think. Very similar music.

Our entry this year:

[YOUTUBE]kof7HKxDf4w[/YOUTUBE]

I don't think it's an outstanding song, to be honest. The band has been quite well-known in Spain for a while already.

Bagpipes? Interesting:blink: But I like that they sing in Spanish not always in English (and I can understand some Spanish too). Do they just look they same or is it the same band that was in Los Serranos?

Bagpipes? Interesting:blink: But I like that they sing in Spanish not always in English (and I can understand some Spanish too). Do they just look they same or is it the same band that was in Los Serranos?

Yes, actually Celtic influenced music is traditional in the north of Spain: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_of_Galicia,_Cantabria_and_Asturias

Sorry, I didn't mention the band's name. I think they are, El Sueño de Morfeo: http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Sue%C3%B1o_de_Morfeo

By the way, the lead singer was married to Fernando Alonso, the Formula 1 racing driver. Not anymore.

Yay!!! We have got a new Eurovision thread!!! My favourite thread of the year :wub2:

From the participants in the national final I loved the song of Ben Ivory:

_9ZMLsw8HUQ

But his performance wasn't that convincing.

Ben Ivory :wub2: I so wanted him to make it through to the show...

(Lordi (2006) was the only exception...:wink2:)

Lordi!! Those were the days!! :)

Haven't made up my mind who I would like to win this year. I guess I will wait until all the songs have been chosen. :wink2:

Serbian entry

[YOUTUBE]66Tp9rZAJVQ[/YOUTUBE]

:dunno:

I guess these girls are very popular amongst young (voting) population since they were finalists of the tv show singing competition, similar to American Idol. The girl in silver dress won the competition and it's still fresh in people's minds.

It's not my kind of thing either. But Krista stands out all right- a teenage girl demanding to be married and a queen bee? Is this the 50s? (Feel free to insult the UK entry when we decide on one- unless it's Mika)

Actually Krista is something like 27 years old...:wink2: Her boyfriend kind of promised to marry her if she wins the competition in Finland so now we are waiting for the proposal:naughty:

And there are many songs here that are not in English, great:thumb_yello: And because Estonian sounds so funny when I understand it a little bit but not totally, I actually like when the girl sings in Estonian.

I watched the videos posted on Eurovision's official's site and I think Russia has the highest chance to win out of those songs and considering all other circumstances..etc. I can't wait to see the rest of the entries.

This is the lady that will represent The Netherlands this year. She's a rock chick, a singer/songwriter, but will sing a balad. She's very popular here. Her name is Anouk.

The song from denmark

Personally i dont like it very much.

That's not bad actually. It sounds more Irish than Danish (not that I know what Danish music sounds like :lmfao:) The lyrics are a bit nonsensical but she has a distinctive voice and it's not cheesy pop.