2007 SXSW Flashback: Mika

dcdeb

By Lyndsey Parker | SXSW – 19 hours ago

South By Southwest kicks off this week with a mind-boggling lineup of amazing music, carrying on the Austin festival's tradition established way back in 1987. So we're looking back ourselves, at some of the amazing performances Yahoo! Music shot during our many past rock 'n' roll pilgrimages to Texas.

One of the standout acts of SXSW 2007 was no doubt British dandy Mika, who was in Austin to promote his debut album, Life In Cartoon Motion. And he looked like a cartoon in motion himself, showing up at Yahoo! Music's pop-up Austin headquarters that year in an Easter-egg-bright, multi-colored ensemble with a pink-haired Perez Hilton in tow. Mika's performance of his signature song "Grace Kelly" was just as colorful, and we're happy to revisit that memorable moment here. Enjoy:

http://music.yahoo.com/video/mika-grace-kelly-yahoo-music-223239663.html

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh wow that is cool. High quality video from that time is so rare. That was a week before I saw him for the first time. Seems like a lifetime ago.

It does, doesn't it? I remember when he was at SXSW so vividly! I can't believe it's been 6 years. :shocked:

By Lyndsey Parker | SXSW – 19 hours ago

South By Southwest kicks off this week with a mind-boggling lineup of amazing music, carrying on the Austin festival's tradition established way back in 1987. So we're looking back ourselves, at some of the amazing performances Yahoo! Music shot during our many past rock 'n' roll pilgrimages to Texas.

One of the standout acts of SXSW 2007 was no doubt British dandy Mika, who was in Austin to promote his debut album, Life In Cartoon Motion. And he looked like a cartoon in motion himself, showing up at Yahoo! Music's pop-up Austin headquarters that year in an Easter-egg-bright, multi-colored ensemble with a pink-haired Perez Hilton in tow. Mika's performance of his signature song "Grace Kelly" was just as colorful, and we're happy to revisit that memorable moment here. Enjoy:

http://music.yahoo.com/video/mika-grace-kelly-yahoo-music-223239663.html

Thanks a lot for posting Deb !!! :flowers2:

Nicoleta has downloaded and shared it !! Thanks a million Nico !! :huglove:

same video ( another edition)

Edited by Kumazzz

I remember Perez had up a photo of the porta potties, one pair was painted with Amy Winehouse's album, who I was obsessed with and one pair beside it was painted with Mika's album. And I said who is Mika and found GK on youtube, the rest is history :wub2:

No, you're not... Strangely, besides the clothing, he looks much like he does right now in this video:fisch:

Yes, in fact in those photos from The Enfoires, he looked like 2007 Mika... :aah:

Still, I think he looks more handsome now than in 2007. And for me, about his hair, the longer the better...

Still, I think he looks more handsome now than in 2007. And for me, about his hair, the longer the better...

For me there is something missing now. He always looks great but he looks like someone else.

Yes, in fact in those photos from The Enfoires, he looked like 2007 Mika... :aah:

I do too...

Can we please talk about something other than the man's hair? Please:aah::thumb_yello:

For me there is something missing now. He always looks great but he looks like someone else.

Ross Gellar?? :aah:

I do too...

Can we please talk about something other than the man's hair? Please:aah::thumb_yello:

Don´t worry... if he follows the normal way of ageing for many men, it will arrive a time when there´ll be no hair to discuss about :lmfao: and then you´ll miss all this talk about curls :mf_rosetinted: So, enjoy it while you can :mf_rosetinted:

Ross Gellar?? :aah:

Don´t worry... if he follows the normal way of ageing for many men, it will arrive a time when there´ll be no hair to discuss about :lmfao: and then you´ll miss all this talk about curls :mf_rosetinted: So, enjoy it while you can :mf_rosetinted:

That's the problem, I don't enjoy it at all :fisch:

I think what she's saying is when everyone is slashing their wrists over him being bald you are going to miss the happy talk about his curls. :naughty:

What I find bizarre about all the hair talk now is that everyone is fangurling that his latest appearance is such a huge improvement because when he showed up in 2008 looking pretty much the same the younglings were crying about it they hated it so much. :lmfao:

And I always find it silly when people react to his hair as if he has undergone some sort of change because inevitably he turns up the next day looking the same as he did the month before. :naughty:

I think what she's saying is when everyone is slashing their wrists over him being bald you are going to miss the happy talk about his curls. :naughty:

What I find bizarre about all the hair talk now is that everyone is fangurling that his latest appearance is such a huge improvement because when he showed up in 2008 looking pretty much the same the younglings were crying about it they hated it so much. :lmfao:

And I always find it silly when people react to his hair as if he has undergone some sort of change because inevitably he turns up the next day looking the same as he did the month before. :naughty:

I totally understood what she meant.

I don't care about the hair (or lack of in the future), there are far more interesting subject to discuss about than this:thumb_yello:

More like Jim Carrey :naughty:

Yes he really does look like him in the Celebrate video. :naughty:

I don't care about the hair (or lack of in the future), there are far more interesting subject to discuss about than this:thumb_yello:

Well there are more interesting subjects to discuss than Mika but that's why some people are here. :naughty:

I remember Perez had up a photo of the porta potties, one pair was painted with Amy Winehouse's album, who I was obsessed with and one pair beside it was painted with Mika's album. And I said who is Mika and found GK on youtube, the rest is history :wub2:

winehousepotty.jpg

So random how some discover MIKA.

For you, Porta Potties; For me, just him singing on this :

[YouTube]d4NdNqnJ5Lk&feature[/YouTube]

Thank God MIKA's name was down in the corner there for me to see.

And, as you say, the rest is history.

Edited by A. Clay

When he was younger, i thought the long hair was fine, but now that he is getting older, i like the shorter style too.

I guess i'm in the "i don't really care" category :aah:

lots of things i don't enjoy talking about on here, but that doesn't mean others can't discuss it. if i don't care for it, i just move on to the next post or the next thread.

the discussion between old Mika style versus new Mika style is inevitable after viewing this little gem of a video :wub2: